criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who else is excited about Spider-Man ps4

Batman20
1680 posts Member
Anyone else see the new gameplay trailer for Spider-Man ps4. only just saw it Looks amazing I can't wait till September to pick this game up. Looks very similar to batman arkham games in terms of the combat system and using alot of his main villains. But that's hardly a bad thing as the arkham games are amazing. Looks like it's easily going to be one of the best Spider-Man games ever. I feel for Xbox owners they will miss out on this plus the last of us part 2 when that comes out, last of us 2 looks brilliant as well. Dice better get a move on with clone wars content as that September to October period is packed with great games. I would post the trailer but I would most likely mess it up

Replies

• Looks great, those few months are gonna be great for gamers, Spider-man, RedDead 2, Battlefield 5, BlackOps 4, wow. I agree, this game has a lot of heavy hitters coming it’s way, and soon.
  • Batman20
    1680 posts Member
    Looks great, those few months are gonna be great for gamers, Spider-man, RedDead 2, Battlefield 5, BlackOps 4, wow. I agree, this game has a lot of heavy hitters coming it’s way, and soon.

exactly if I was dice I would be getting clone wars out in August before to many people move on to all these games. Spider man, red dead and battlefield are all a must buy for me. My wallet will be crying but they all look great
  • I am! Pre-ordered digital yesterday from the PS Store. Can't wait to play as Spidey in NYC with some Arkham-style combat. I hope triangle is still the COUNTER button. haha
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I know @A_Wookie_Roar is looking forward to it. But I believe you should have posted this in off-topic. Sadly, I am on Xbox. No Spiderman for me. :'(
    Tell me how much fun it is though.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    It looks pretty cool, I might get it, might not because I'm not a huge single-player game player. Probably wait until Christmas/just after when there might be a sale on and get it if it's a bit cheaper (what's the price going to be, do you know?)
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    It looks pretty cool, I might get it, might not because I'm not a huge single-player game player. Probably wait until Christmas/just after when there might be a sale on and get it if it's a bit cheaper (what's the price going to be, do you know?)

Here are the prices on Gamestop.
    https://www.gamestop.com/collection/spider-man
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Devlin21
    8318 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Hate u all :(
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• IIPrest0nII
    4116 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I move this thread to Off-topic
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Hate u all :(

I hate the PS4.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • I hate snakes
    anigif_enhanced-20276-1405000571-1.gif
    But I love the PS4
  • Should’ve been an Xbox exclusive because Xbox is cooler B)
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Should’ve been an Xbox exclusive because Xbox is cooler B)

u3g17muzlb09.gif
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • I should've gotten an exclusive Spider-Man theme for PS4 when I pre-ordered, but I didn't. Hopefully when the game launches. But it automatically switched my PSN avatar to Spidey's white suit, which I will leave, it's pretty cool looking.
  • Batman20
    1680 posts Member
    I should've gotten an exclusive Spider-Man theme for PS4 when I pre-ordered, but I didn't. Hopefully when the game launches. But it automatically switched my PSN avatar to Spidey's white suit, which I will leave, it's pretty cool looking.

yeah I think you only get that when the game launches but I could be wrong. I preordered the game on disc so I don't get any of it early
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Looks great, those few months are gonna be great for gamers, Spider-man, RedDead 2, Battlefield 5, BlackOps 4, wow. I agree, this game has a lot of heavy hitters coming it’s way, and soon.

exactly if I was dice I would be getting clone wars out in August before to many people move on to all these games. Spider man, red dead and battlefield are all a must buy for me. My wallet will be crying but they all look great

yo dice and ea really messed up. they should have released clone wars this summer. they messed up big time, all the big games will take the older players. it will be mostly kids and teens on it lol.
  • it hurts to see other games being treated so nicely and it just seems like battlefront is sloppy as heck. it looks great and feels great but it lacks content and consistency. they had like 6 months and didnt release a thing, even no mans sky got back on track lol. it just seems like the people working on battlefront arent star wars fans nor are they excited to work on it.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »

yo dice and ea really messed up. they should have released clone wars this summer. they messed up big time, all the big games will take the older players. it will be mostly kids and teens on it lol.

I disagree. It will only take away from a few. But there will still be people playing. You don't just buy a new game, and then stop playing all of your old ones.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Looking forward to getting some hands on time with this game
  • Batman20
    1680 posts Member
    kylenpain wrote: »

I disagree. It will only take away from a few. But there will still be people playing. You don't just buy a new game, and then stop playing all of your old ones.

Unless the new game is amazing and you get addicted to it and forget about all your other games for a bit. And I always get addicted to rockstars new games
  • Why isn't in on Xbox??? :'( :'( :'( Im mad
    yehzeq7175lv.jpeg
    8ur7bebf8n7a.gif
  • Batman20
    1680 posts Member
    Why isn't in on Xbox??? :'( :'( :'( Im mad
    yehzeq7175lv.jpeg

Yeah it's tough on Xbox fans that it's a ps4 exclusive especially if it's great. I use to be an xbox gamer when I had the 360 but glad I went PS4 instead
  • But Xbox fans, just remember. We are getting Halo 6. It is also bringing back local multiplayer.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Batman20
    1680 posts Member
    But Xbox fans, just remember. We are getting Halo 6. It is also bringing back local multiplayer.

I was pretty jealous when xbox got the original battlefront games recently. That's pretty cool and I wish PS4 had them. So it's not all doom and gloom for xbox users
    kylenpain wrote: »

Unless the new game is amazing and you get addicted to it and forget about all your other games for a bit. And I always get addicted to rockstars new games

yeah i mean i feel that the daily ps4 battlefront players are children or just major star wars fans, i rarely encounter players that give me trouble in the modes i play. im always the best player when i play. unless everyone is just bad at the game lol. i already have enough credits saved for new heroes so at this point i dont even play the game unless someone invites me to play. if i wasnt a star wars fan i wouldnt play the game at all, i know once this spiderman game is out i will have no time for battlefront lol.
  • *raises hand -- I digitally pre-ordered from PSN, and it should automatically download while I'm at work. Welcome to the 21st century, me! I'm still playing BF2 though, Extraction is just too much fun. CQC is where it's at. :)
    But Xbox fans, just remember. We are getting Halo 6. It is also bringing back local multiplayer.

I was pretty jealous when xbox got the original battlefront games recently. That's pretty cool and I wish PS4 had them. So it's not all doom and gloom for xbox users

But those games aren't spiderman.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Games got great reviews which makes me even happier

But those games aren't spiderman.

I know if I was an Xbox owner I would be raging that it wasn't coming to Xbox
  • Yeah, reviews are good. I can play tonight at 10pm MST, there's a countdown on the icon on my PS4. It's already pre-downloaded. This is fun, never pre-downloaded before. B)
  • Played for an hour last night. Love it so far. Combat is similar to Arkham Batman games, graphics rule, tutorials rule, yeah I'd say they nailed this. Just swinging around the city is really fun. I'll still play BF2 quite often I think, since Spider-Man doesn't have stormtroopers!
  • Batman20
    1680 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Played for an hour last night. Love it so far. Combat is similar to Arkham Batman games, graphics rule, tutorials rule, yeah I'd say they nailed this. Just swinging around the city is really fun. I'll still play BF2 quite often I think, since Spider-Man doesn't have stormtroopers!

lucky you Amazon messed up my pre order doesn't come till tomorrow
    Played for an hour last night. Love it so far. Combat is similar to Arkham Batman games, graphics rule, tutorials rule, yeah I'd say they nailed this. Just swinging around the city is really fun. I'll still play BF2 quite often I think, since Spider-Man doesn't have stormtroopers!

lucky you Amazon messed up my pre order doesn't come till tomorrow

That stinks. Hopefully your weekend is filled with web slinging action!
  • Shoutout to all those people that love Spider-Man but don’t have a PS4 :'(
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I like the Iron Spider suit the most so far. Still learning the controls, etc. There's an option to "abandon mission" which is way cool if you can't beat the Boss and you want to exit out to the open world to rank up your hero a little more before tackling the Boss again. Arkham could've used that feature too!
  • I will admit to being terrible at this game so far. I must've let Kingpin (the supposedly very easy Tutorial Boss for pete's sake) kill me ten times before I learned what NOT to do over and over. I play too much BF2 to learn a new game! haha
    If it were an Arkham re-skin with the same controls, I'd be all over it, though! >:)
  • It really is a very, very good game and hopefully the start for a new, separate Marvel games universe. There’re certainly lots of references in the game to suggest it... I can’t wait to find out more about Square Enix’ Avengers game now...
  • i af
    I like the Iron Spider suit the most so far. Still learning the controls, etc. There's an option to "abandon mission" which is way cool if you can't beat the Boss and you want to exit out to the open world to rank up your hero a little more before tackling the Boss again. Arkham could've used that feature too!

Infinity war suit is basically the only one I use. That and the homecoming suit I like the most
  • It really is a very, very good game and hopefully the start for a new, separate Marvel games universe. There’re certainly lots of references in the game to suggest it... I can’t wait to find out more about Square Enix’ Avengers game now...

Agree it's such a good game the story is great and it's a lot of fun to play
  • @EmmaFett10304 , have you beaten Spider-Man already? I saw you already have a bunch of hidden trophies, you madman you! (check out my new sig, you get a cookie :cookie: if you recognize what it's from, man I love that album)
  • @EmmaFett10304 , my bad! I confused you with fellow forum alum and PSN friend @briandt75, who I've been seeing earn a ton of new spider-man trophies. (But I remembered you for the Orange Goblin quiz, that's worth something right? haha) You get two :cookie: :cookie: regardless!
  • giphy.gif

5char
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Spider-Man has such an amazing story. If you don't own a PS4, I still encourage you to watch youtube videos. That game is awesome. It is like watching a movie. Jacksepticeye has made some great videos, but they have a lot of swearwords.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • 1st or 2nd place as GOTY!
  • Batman20
    1680 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    1st or 2nd place as GOTY!

i expect red dead to get it looks Amazing