criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

How it feels to be playing Extraction in Jabba's Palace again.

Empire_TW
6081 posts Member
k37wdkjceyzp.jpg

Kessel is a great map too but it is just great playing extraction again without being ran over by Chewbacca and Bossk over and over again. I've only played a few games so far but the mode seems to flow better then last game aswell. I haven't noticed any significant inbalances either, so far atleast.

Though cosmetic the old announcers and the new victory/defeat cutscenes are also very nice.
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• rollind24
    5573 posts Member
    Agreed, I think I muttered “hello old friend” at one point making my way around
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    k37wdkjceyzp.jpg

Kessel is a great map too but it is just great playing extraction again without being ran over by Chewbacca and Bossk over and over again. I've only played a few games so far but the mode seems to flow better then last game aswell. I haven't noticed any significant inbalances either, so far atleast.

Though cosmetic the old announcers and the new victory/defeat cutscenes are also very nice.

Exactly how I feel. Feels more intense, fast-paced, strategic, competitive, and rewarding due to no heroes spamming everywhere you go. Just needs more maps (I feel like 90% of current maps could be used for Extraction).
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • As nice as it is to have the map back, I've noticed in all the games I've played today the rebels can't even get to the first checkpoint. Has anyone been in a match with a rebel victory?
    ==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1
  • As nice as it is to have the map back, I've noticed in all the games I've played today the rebels can't even get to the first checkpoint. Has anyone been in a match with a rebel victory?

I've experienced both. It really requires solid teamplay, which is good.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Agreed, now bring on that Sullust Extraction map to the rotation.
    #StarWars-y

Would be a great reason for a decent Sullust content drop
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Agreed. Bespin, Tatooine, Endor and Hoth are this game in so why not Sullust? Death Trooper in the refinery, I'm there.
    qj6tnzdc7yj7.jpg
    #StarWars-y

Agreed. Bespin, Tatooine, Endor and Hoth are this game in so why not Sullust? Death Trooper in the refinery, I'm there.
    qj6tnzdc7yj7.jpg

It'll happen. I reckon with the release of Jabba's Palace, Extraction and the Sullustian Assault skin we'll get a Sullust drop before Season 3.

Hopefully the roadmap at the end of the month will reveal all.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    B1ack6uys wrote: »
    I don’t know why but Bf2015 extraction felt longer and more rewarding

Matches are a tad bit faster but overall I haven't noticed any extreme differences in how long a match goes. BF2015 hasn't been playable for a very long time so I can't really remember it being more rewarding. Had more close games in the first day of playing this new version then playing last game's extraction in it's final version.
    As nice as it is to have the map back, I've noticed in all the games I've played today the rebels can't even get to the first checkpoint. Has anyone been in a match with a rebel victory?

I've won plenty of games as the rebels, as long as the rebel team is decent or at least get their wookiee warriors then the match usually goes on.
    Agreed, now bring on that Sullust Extraction map to the rotation.

I honestly wouldn't mind a mini season just for extraction.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Dash
    11568 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Matches are a tad bit faster but overall I haven't noticed any extreme differences in how long a match goes. BF2015 hasn't been playable for a very long time so I can't really remember it being more rewarding. Had more close games in the first day of playing this new version then playing last game's extraction in it's final version.
    As nice as it is to have the map back, I've noticed in all the games I've played today the rebels can't even get to the first checkpoint. Has anyone been in a match with a rebel victory?

I've won plenty of games as the rebels, as long as the rebel team is decent or at least get their wookiee warriors then the match usually goes on.

I’m honestly having too much fun atm. Extraction rocks! It’s like a shot of adrenaline. I was getting a bit bored with GA only. Now I can switch it up when I need to, HVV/Showdown when I feel like it, and then later (not too far from now/Months away) play Conquest & even sooner Hero SFA too!!!

I’m just amped all over again. To me, this was a much needed breath of fresh air. And I personally can’t wait to take a deep dive into Clone Wars Season!!! :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• rollind24
    5573 posts Member

I’m honestly having too much fun atm. Extraction rocks! It’s like a shot of adrenaline. I was getting a bit bored with GA only. Now I can switch it up when I need to, HVV/Showdown when I feel like it, and then later (not too far from now/Months away) play Conquest & even sooner Hero SFA too!!!

I’m just amped all over again. To me, this was a much needed breath of fresh air. And I personally can’t wait to take a deep dive into Clone Wars Season!!! :blush:

Same. I’m just imaging this with more maps right now to make it a real playlist. I’m having so much fun flanking people stuck in tunnel vision on the objective.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    Why cant outside be added to the other modes?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Why cant outside be added to the other modes?

Other maps could provide that
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Why cant outside be added to the other modes?

So HvV, HS, and Blast take place just on the inside? I haven't even tried any of those modes yet.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Yeah so far extraction for this game is the only mode that I've played for 5 hours straight. No other modes have even come close to keeping me playing that long in one sitting.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member

Psn: Jello770
  • B1ack6uys wrote: »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the 2015 version felt longer

We got to 30cm from the big door to outside. ...but the back light is so bright it's hard to hit headshots on the waves of Enforcers who can just step to the side for health gain....oh for a Thermal Imploder floating Icon ;-)
  • Jello770 wrote: »

It was....needs some tweaks and right maps
  • Could any of the SWBF II HvV maps be used for Extraction?
    #StarWars-y
  • B1ack6uys wrote: »

Feel the same, kind of liked activating the cargo push though. its a minor thing.
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Could any of the SWBF II HvV maps be used for Extraction?

They might be too arena like, Strike maps should be usable though.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Yeah so far extraction for this game is the only mode that I've played for 5 hours straight. No other modes have even come close to keeping me playing that long in one sitting.

Every mode has had me play as along as 4-5 hours straight max. The longest I played was Blast for 7 hours straight (came 2nd first two matches, 1st every other match switching between assault, officer, enforcer and aerial). Haven't had a chance to play Extraction for as long as I want yet, but easily see myself playing that mode over any other mode, and over longer periods easily as it's so addictive. Just needs more maps and to be kept as a permanent mode.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Thanks. I play Strike but I don't play the HvV mode often if ever but what maps I have seen from it are beautiful. I'll just wait on that Sullust map for Extraction to be added if we can't use any HvV maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member

Thanks. I play Strike but I don't play the HvV mode often if ever but what maps I have seen from it are beautiful. I'll just wait on that Sullust map for Extraction to be added if we can't use any HvV maps.

Need Palace Garage back too.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Dash
    11568 posts Member

Need Palace Garage back too.

100%.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif