criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Something isn't right with Extraction

Compared to the original in BF 2015, i can't tell if its the spawn points too close to the objective or what but it definitely doesn't play out like it did in the first one. Does anyone else get that vibe?

Replies

• No, estraction is perfect
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    There’s no heroes, which makes a huge difference.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    There’s no heroes, which makes a huge difference.

Yes that might be it but the spawn points seem way too close to the extraction point.
  • It's a huge improvement to the previous Extraction
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • You don't have to push any buttons to make it go or stop it - that's a change. There is no built in shield now.
    I have altered the post. Prey I don't alter it any further.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    You don't have to push any buttons to make it go or stop it - that's a change. There is no built in shield now.

I miss the sheild.
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    You don't have to push any buttons to make it go or stop it - that's a change. There is no built in shield now.

I miss the sheild.

Go play the other game then...
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

I miss the sheild.

Go play the other game then...

Why.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4688 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Palace map is good. Kessel needs adjustments .Officer is perhaps too dominant on these maps...leading to easy enforcers...leading to domination. Yes I play Officer on them.
  • tommytom64
    1072 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

I miss the sheild.

Play as the Officer and use their shield.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Tbh I think it's better there's no built in shield, it was a good feature in the old game but now because you have to stay close to the payload for it to keep moving I feel like it would be a little too good, especially if there wasn't a time limit before you could put it up. A good team will still have a couple Officers putting down Squad Shields in Front of the sled.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Batman20
    1468 posts Member
    Wookiees is what isn't right they are a pain
  • Batman20 wrote: »

Get stronger.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Compared to the original in BF 2015, i can't tell if its the spawn points too close to the objective or what but it definitely doesn't play out like it did in the first one. Does anyone else get that vibe?

As far as I remember the center gate between Jabba's Smoking Lounge and the basement didn't open until the Extraction cart was in front of it.

There is no such lock in the current version which allows the Empire to besiege the Extraction cart and Rebel spawn point in the rear basement early on (d/t shorter supply line).
  • They need to add more maps quickly before people get sick of it..
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    The spawn points at the end of Jabbas palace are way to close for troopers, lost almost every match as rebels there
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »

I've been killed more by the Deathtroopers
  • avmav wrote: »
    The spawn points at the end of Jabbas palace are way to close for troopers, lost almost every match as rebels there

Problem is, you have to stay close to the objective as a Rebel to keep it moving.
    Empire just has to fill the tunnel with grenades tossed from the bright and shiny outside to make the cart stop moving.
    They don't have to run up to it to deactivate it.
    avmav wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »

I've been killed more by the Deathtroopers

Depends on which side you're playing on.
    But yes, Enforcers are too powerful in 8 vs. 8.
  • gbm
    362 posts Member
    Yeah, posted a thread a few minutes ago asking about the new mechanic of this mode. (ie, just standing near it rather than activating it)

I do agree, there is something missing. Elusive? ;)

I wish they kept in the start/stop mechanic....it's too dumbed down this way.
  • I think defenders should have to deactivate with a short button press( 3 secs. ) ...might help balance?
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    They need to add more maps quickly before people get sick of it..

Agreed.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• No Hero's is why I'm already bored with it. It's just grenade spam and the WW is god mode on extraction. At least Hero's would help with that. Oh well see you when Clone Wars season drops.
  • gbm
    362 posts Member
    They need to add more maps quickly before people get sick of it..

Agreed.

I certainly dont doubt they will ....but playing these two last night gave me that indescribable rush and reminded me why I loved this game so much since 2015 .....so it just made me want MORE MAPS NOW. lol

I'm sure they are well aware what a well liked mode this is, and will service it properly.
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Problem is, you have to stay close to the objective as a Rebel to keep it moving.
    Empire just has to fill the tunnel with grenades tossed from the bright and shiny outside to make the cart stop moving.
    They don't have to run up to it to deactivate it.

Yes, that's exactly it...and probably why people feel it's slightly off from before. The mode promotes grenade spam since enemies are likely to clump up on the cart.

I do wish they'd add more maps and give it some love. It gets stale quick with only 2 maps.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • I love it; it is another reason to use Assault for me, and since I main Officer, I love the variety. It's tailor-made for my run n' gun assault style.
  • It's easier now that you just have to stand near it... :(
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • rollind24
    5021 posts Member
    No Hero's is why I'm already bored with it. It's just grenade spam and the WW is god mode on extraction. At least Hero's would help with that. Oh well see you when Clone Wars season drops.

Huh? Complaining WWs are god in the small mode so the solution is to introduce Hero’s?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • gbm
    362 posts Member
    I'd REALLY like to see it revert back to the old start/stop mechanic.

While on the topic, what exactly does start and stop it? Merely standing near it? Can I then leave its proximity? Or do I need to stand right next to it the entire time?

Same for stopping, how does that work?
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    No Hero's is why I'm already bored with it. It's just grenade spam and the WW is god mode on extraction. At least Hero's would help with that. Oh well see you when Clone Wars season drops.

Huh? Complaining WWs are god in the small mode so the solution is to introduce Hero’s?

Was thinking the same thing.
  • tankertoad
    5762 posts Member
    It's really short. And not that complex.

Troopers need to start further back or 5 seconds later.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • gbm
    362 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »

Did you play BF15?

Extraction was the BEST. However, the start/stop mechanism of the payload was done differently, and in my opinion, made the games last longer and was far more intense.

I really hope the developers listen to us (or me, lol) and consider reverting it back.
  • It is a great mode, and even better without Heroes. Add some new maps, and it will be a great mainstay of this game (hopefully).
  • tankertoad
    5762 posts Member
    gbm wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »

Did you play BF15?

Extraction was the BEST. However, the start/stop mechanism of the payload was done differently, and in my opinion, made the games last longer and was far more intense.

I really hope the developers listen to us (or me, lol) and consider reverting it back.

I was extraction 2016. Sollust was the best.

• IG88VSBossk
    935 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep, this is the problem and just realized the shield is missing from the cart lol. The heroes gone are fine but its a grenade spam fest at the beginning of each match leading to the cart sitting there until the timer is up. The shield on the cart, cart activations on/off and heroes kept the mode moving smoothly, the heroes gone are still fine but it kept the mode going nicely. Just my two cents.
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Hahaha he completely contradicted himself there. The mode is so fun
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Losercontrol
    544 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »

The Hero's could deal with the WW so there isn't constant thermal imploder spam all game, not sure how that's fun for people when the whole strategy of the game is WW chucking imploders around the shipment? I think they should have 1 Hero on each side, Han, Chewie and Lando for light side and some combination for dark side with no option for Bossk as that would be even worse than the WW spam the game mode is now. I would really like to use the new skins and try to get the extraction to the falcon. The way it's set up now it's just a add to the Strike rotation. BF1 Extraction was 10 time more fun.

• Ciena_Ree
    906 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    To be honest, I actually don't think it's purely a Wookiee Warrior spam fest, in my experience good Enforcer players will make or break a game and decide who'll be winning what map. Death Troopers are just absolute beasts, and I prefer them over the WW, funnily enough, mostly for their grenade - the stun and being able to see every affected enemy regardless of distance makes it insanely powerful, both as a weapon and as a recon remote, letting players know exactly where the Rebels are coming from.

Nowhere is the Enforcer play more clearly shown than the third phase of Jabba's Palace, at the final doorway. One DT, just one, can hold off an entire Rebel advance provided they're minimally supported by others, or constantly buffed by officers for health or ability recharge. Without the cover, their Overload can completely block off one entrance whilst the grenade blinds others.

I also love the fast-paced nature of the mode, I think that's what really appeals. I enjoyed extraction a little in the last game, but the cart was so slow, they had to be manually started/stopped, the maps felt a bit too big and the games tended to drag on for too long. You're trying to steal a shipment, it's a heist, they're supposed to be lightning fast, not bogged down in protracted fighting.
  • Axomm
    154 posts Member
    The only real issue I've found so far is Jabba's Palace the final corridor. It's so bright towards the "mouth" of the tunnel that you can barely see anything at all, giving the Empire a HUGE advantage. Already it's a funnel, which means you're gonna get shot from outside with little cover anyways, but not being able to SEE the shooting is pretty much a lot worse.

A team of equally balanced skill should not lose that last extraction point given the inherent advantage of the doorway's brightness.
  • Heroes in this mode on these maps would be terrible. I did enjoy activating the cart in the last game.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • tankertoad
    5762 posts Member
    Axomm wrote: »
    The only real issue I've found so far is Jabba's Palace the final corridor. It's so bright towards the "mouth" of the tunnel that you can barely see anything at all, giving the Empire a HUGE advantage. Already it's a funnel, which means you're gonna get shot from outside with little cover anyways, but not being able to SEE the shooting is pretty much a lot worse.

A team of equally balanced skill should not lose that last extraction point given the inherent advantage of the doorway's brightness.

Yeah it's a touch blinding. Actually it's blinding.

I win anyway though, I just can't see what I'm killing. #pitchwhite

• tankertoad
    5762 posts Member
    Axomm wrote: »

Yeah it's a touch blinding. Actually it's blinding.

I win anyway though, I just can't see what I'm killing. #pitchwhite