criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Hey guys, about that AT-AT... (PS4)

IG88VSBossk
935 posts Member
edited June 2018
It still doesn't work properly lol, the orbital strike will work when it wants to. Played a round on Hoth last night and it wasn't triggering the strike, i thought patch notes a while go said they fixed this? Feels like i'm playing a Gun Media game...lol slow burn
Post edited by IG88VSBossk on

Replies

• Not sure but I believe once the AT-AT reaches a certain point on the map, then OS no longer works.

Another reason I'd like to see the return of WA.
    #StarWars-y
  • Not sure but I believe once the AT-AT reaches a certain point on the map, then OS no longer works.

Oh really? I didn't know that, we were in the middle of the field and not even near the rebel base yet so i don't know :/
  • Carbonic
    175 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I remember this hitting me too quite a while back but thanks for telling it's still an issue :) If you by any chance have a video of this feel free to tag me on here and I'll see if I can send it on @IG88VSBossk .

Oh really? I didn't know that, we were in the middle of the field and not even near the rebel base yet so i don't know :/

If you were not close to the base yet then you still should have been able to use it. The OS on Hoth is glitched but it seems to work well on Endor. Maybe someone else knows for sure but I do think the AT-AT loses the OS ability once you are within a certain range of the base.
    #StarWars-y
  • IG88VSBossk
    935 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Carbonic wrote: »
    I remember this hitting me too quite a while back but thanks for telling it's still an issue :) If you by any chance have a video of this feel free to tag me on here and I'll see if I can send it on @IG88VSBossk .

Thanks for looking into it, if i'm on Hoth on the empire side again i'll have to record some gameplay but the button inputs are still buggy. :) This is happening on PS4 version.

If you were not close to the base yet then you still should have been able to use it. The OS on Hoth is glitched but it seems to work well on Endor. Maybe someone else knows for sure but I do think the AT-AT loses the OS ability once you are within a certain range of the base.

I'm not sure whats really going on with the AT-AT, the orbital strike ability works at random.
  • Same happens all the time to me, on Hoth
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    The AT-AT, in general, on Hoth is awful. The main cannons are awful, the orbital strike will bug out half the time (and once it does it's done for the remainder of your time in it), and the "Super" canon changes your line of site and you can't hit the group you were about to pummel leaving only turrets as targets. When game launched it seemed to work so much better, have no idea what has happened to it, but it's a waste of BP now to use.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I didn’t work in 2015 either . I’ve officially given up on orbital strike.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • xjippyx
    155 posts Member
    It still doesn’t work a good amount of the time but I think I noticed why and it hasn’t happened as much.

I think it glitches up when switching between the heavy cannons and the orbital strike. I’ve found it way more consistent when I ignore the heavy cannon and use the default weapon and oribital strike only.

The strike has limited range compared to how it used to be too, at least it feels that way. I have my most success on Hoth when I use it within second of it becoming available. Everytime it’s ready I spam it and it seems to break far less. Could be because I don’t use the heavy cannons hardly at all now thinking that’s why it breaks.
  • Well, I have reported this bug over and over and over in the "bug reports" for months, and there hasn't been any movement on it. When the game was released, the ATAT worked great, but it was a little over-powered. They nerfed it in one of the first updates, but the nerfing didn't just reduce it's power, it broke how the controls work. All they needed to do was the thing they had on the ATAT in BF1, where the target appears blue where it can strike, and red where it can't strike. You just had to move that target around until it was blue, then you knew you could use it. Because this game doesn't let you know where it can strike, you have to keep pushing the button hoping it will eventually strike, and I think that constant button-pushing where it won't deploy is what breaks the controls. Sometimes, if you've tried to deploy the OS, then try to use the heavy cannons without realizing that the OS hasn't deployed, that also breaks the controls. But the controls often break even if you don't touch the heavy cannons. You could always add your 2 cents to this bug report, just to keep the issue alive.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/AT-AT-orbital-strike-bug-on-Hoth/td-p/6580062
  • IG88VSBossk
    935 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Well, I have reported this bug over and over and over in the "bug reports" for months, and there hasn't been any movement on it. When the game was released, the ATAT worked great, but it was a little over-powered. They nerfed it in one of the first updates, but the nerfing didn't just reduce it's power, it broke how the controls work. All they needed to do was the thing they had on the ATAT in BF1, where the target appears blue where it can strike, and red where it can't strike. You just had to move that target around until it was blue, then you knew you could use it. Because this game doesn't let you know where it can strike, you have to keep pushing the button hoping it will eventually strike, and I think that constant button-pushing where it won't deploy is what breaks the controls. Sometimes, if you've tried to deploy the OS, then try to use the heavy cannons without realizing that the OS hasn't deployed, that also breaks the controls. But the controls often break even if you don't touch the heavy cannons. You could always add your 2 cents to this bug report, just to keep the issue alive.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/AT-AT-orbital-strike-bug-on-Hoth/td-p/6580062

Wow, its odd for sure that they let this continue as a non issue. I think they are aware of it but its not a priority right now. I sent in a bug report as well but that was months ago. I'll add in something on the bug report and yes the controls for it just eventually stop working as intended.
  • Yeah, a month ago or so we got a comment from EA about it, but it has never been fixed. I just find it frustrating because it was one of those things that worked really well in BF1, so someone over there knows how to do this right, and they just can't get it right in BF2.

I was playing the AT At a lot and notice the orbit strike will only work in a certain distance or spot. If you use it outside of it range or spot it won’t work properly which is what I found out. Some spots on the map I could only use the orbit strike a little bit away and others a bit farther away what I’m saying is there’s a certain distance for orbit strike depending on your location on your map. BTW once I found the right distance I was make 2,000 pionts every other orbit strike.
  • When the game was released, the ATAT had a much larger range for the orbital strikes, which meant you could spam the spawn areas with orbital strikes. I had a game with like 120 kills because of this and I'm sure everyone on the other team hated me. So they rightfully nerfed this in patch 1.1 (although the patch notes didn't include anything about this nerf, even though they detailed a million other nerfs). However, this nerfing of the radius, whatever they did and however they did it, had a really bad impact on all the other controls. Somehow, it is linked to trying to call in a strike in an area outside the range, which can have the effect of freezing all your controls. But it is impossible to know whether you have the target on an area where you can call in the strike, there is absolutely no visible cue or message about where your range is (like there was in BF1). Dice really needs to call the guy who designed the ATAT controls in BF1 and get him to make it right.
  • When the game was released, the ATAT had a much larger range for the orbital strikes, which meant you could spam the spawn areas with orbital strikes. I had a game with like 120 kills because of this and I'm sure everyone on the other team hated me. So they rightfully nerfed this in patch 1.1 (although the patch notes didn't include anything about this nerf, even though they detailed a million other nerfs). However, this nerfing of the radius, whatever they did and however they did it, had a really bad impact on all the other controls. Somehow, it is linked to trying to call in a strike in an area outside the range, which can have the effect of freezing all your controls. But it is impossible to know whether you have the target on an area where you can call in the strike, there is absolutely no visible cue or message about where your range is (like there was in BF1). Dice really needs to call the guy who designed the ATAT controls in BF1 and get him to make it right.

In addition to this, they need to line up the reticle with where the lasers are being fired. It's really annoying how off center it is.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • So its pretty much confusing to use, gotcha lol. Any word on fixes devs, mods?