criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Aren't Video Guides Useless If Adjustments Through Patches Continues?

I was thinking about this for awhile and making how to videos on Battlefront seems increasingly redundant as patches change the way the game is played. Maybe once the game settles down these video guides would work. Just curious to see how folks on youtube are making adjustments to their video guides as these changes continue. Thoughts?

Replies

• Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    I agree. The video guides for Arcade are next to useless at the moment and have been since the February update when the AI started to behave differently. Hope at least some people update them as I’m really struggling to get the last arcade milestone.
  • Spiito
    1520 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Providing information isn't redundant, when maintained appropriately. Information, the grasp on any situation, changes over time. (A little more rapidly these days.) Data becoming obsolete is nothing new, as humanity has always made critical errors during the process of discovery, previously. People should still continue to try and educate each other, when possible.
    I'm glad that people are trying to help other players by releasing guides, even if it means sometimes, a reader/viewer must take into account that the details may be expired.

ps; try asking people for updated videos if it's something you really care about.
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    Providing information isn't redundant, when maintained appropriately. Information, the grasp on any situation, changes over time. (A little more rapidly these days.) Data becoming obsolete is nothing new, as humanity has always made critical errors during the process of discovery, previously. People should still continue to try and educate each other, when possible.
    I'm glad that people are trying to help other players by releasing guides, even if it means sometimes, a reader/viewer must take into account that the details may be expired.

ps; try asking people for updated videos if it's something you really care about.

I’m not sure but you seem to think that myself and the OP are being whiny and entitled and demanding updates?Speaking for myself I’m not. I have asked in a few YouTube channels to no avail. I am glad people try to help too and I am very appreciative.

• Spiito
    1520 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ravogd wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »

I’m not sure but you seem to think that myself and the OP are being whiny and entitled and demanding updates?Speaking for myself I’m not. I have asked in a few YouTube channels to no avail. I am glad people try to help too and I am very appreciative.
    Genuinely, not at all, I'm sorry if I came across as that way, it was not my intention.
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction... It can be just as time consuming to find the answers you seek, as it is for those to provide any. . . People on either side shouldn't discontinue their pursuits, when they feel passionately enough.