criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Possible Abilities for New Heroes Brainstorm

Kavian
339 posts Member
edited June 2018
I feel like most of the abilities that could be feasable in a video game have been used up (i.e we already have 2 force pushes), so I thought I'd make this thread so we as a community can help the developers think of cool abilities for the new heroes Grievous Dooku Obiwan and Anakin.

I'll start off with my ideas for obi wan:

left: Either a mindtrick that maybe actively randomizes the other players controller/mice sensitivity or a charged force push, where if it is uncharged it is a weaker push with a cone AoE but if charged it becomes a stronger and more narrow push, dealing more damage and throwing the target farther back (i got this idea from someone in the other obi wan thread)
centre: I've heard this before, not sure where from but im a huge fan of the idea that his centre ability should be a defensive stance where for a short period of time he enters a super defencive stance where he is able to deflect blaster shots from all angles, as well as lightsabers.
right: an ability that if used against a saber hero, breaks their block and kicks them, knocking them down. If this is used against a blaster hero or troop, he simply kicks them, killing troopers and knocking down blaster heroes. I love this idea cause it can make fights more cinematic.

Replies

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I think Anakin's skill set will largely be based on his physical lightsaber skills rather than Force abilities. Maybe a Charge type ability (like Rey's rather than Luke's), some sort of Force enhancement (perhaps like Focused Rage on Vader, bringing a small similarity between them?) and something else, possibly like a Heavy Strike which instantly breaks a block or staggers the enemy hit.
    Obi Wan will probably be a bit of a tank - pretty high health, slightly slower than other Jedi, and has team buff abilities. Some sort of team buff which increases health and damage (not as much health as other hero abilities), an ability which allows him to block infinitely/for longer and greatly increased accuracy, and something else, not sure though.
    Count Dooku has some interesting potential abilities. I'm thinking some sort of force stun/throw where he does a sort of temporary Electrocute, freezing enemies in place for a short time then throwing them away and damaging them a bit. I guess a Dash ability, and something where he gets slightly increased lightsaber swing speed and less stamina drain, or perhaps it allows him to charge up a strike to break a block. And something else, I'm not sure.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Kavian
    339 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think Anakin's skill set will largely be based on his physical lightsaber skills rather than Force abilities. Maybe a Charge type ability (like Rey's rather than Luke's), some sort of Force enhancement (perhaps like Focused Rage on Vader, bringing a small similarity between them?) and something else, possibly like a Heavy Strike which instantly breaks a block or staggers the enemy hit.
    Obi Wan will probably be a bit of a tank - pretty high health, slightly slower than other Jedi, and has team buff abilities. Some sort of team buff which increases health and damage (not as much health as other hero abilities), an ability which allows him to block infinitely/for longer and greatly increased accuracy, and something else, not sure though.
    Count Dooku has some interesting potential abilities. I'm thinking some sort of force stun/throw where he does a sort of temporary Electrocute, freezing enemies in place for a short time then throwing them away and damaging them a bit. I guess a Dash ability, and something where he gets slightly increased lightsaber swing speed and less stamina drain, or perhaps it allows him to charge up a strike to break a block. And something else, I'm not sure.
    i think for dooku he should have something kinda like mauls choke throw where he first picks them up while electrocuting them and them throws them back, like in the movies
  • Kavian
    339 posts Member
    For Anakin, I think that it's justified to have an ability where his stamina is doubled, meaning he can dash more times consecutively and can attack with faster swing speed where everytime he parries, he can attaxk twice and go back to blocking instead of once. this could last maybe 10-15 seconds?
  • I hope General Grievous has a team-buff. Yoda and Finn can turn the tide (on defence) using their buffs alone. When the darkside loses the first phase on defense then it's generally downhill from there.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif