criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

The new Victory and Defeat music tracks...

After part 2 of the Solo Season was launched, it brought some interesting new music tracks, and two of them are for the respective Victory and Defeat themes when a match ends. However, while the new-version are not bad, I personally like the old-version themes better because to me it feels a bit more Star War-sy, and I would like to hear them again in game if possible.

What do you guys think? Do you like the new music tracks for the Victory and Defeat theme? Or do you prefer the old version better?

Current (new) Victory and Defeat music tracks:

Former (old) Victory and Defeat music tracks:

PSN: FriedPizza773

Replies

• MillSmit
    277 posts Member
    I hadn't noticed they had changed. But now you mention it, I like the old version. It's more hummable.
  • I don’t understand why they just can’t use purely John Williams’ scores, they’re so much more personal and better done
  • I don’t understand why they just can’t use purely John Williams’ scores, they’re so much more personal and better done

That's what I said after watching Rogue One.

No doubt that John Williams is a legendary composer, and a lot of his music used for Star Wars are enjoyable and doesn't disappoint me nor a lot of other people indeed.

But there is nothing wrong with composer Gorby Haab's scores either. In fact, I find many of them well suitable for the Battlefront series as I find them Star War-sy enough to me. After all, he has a very good reputation during his career. However, the mentioned music tracks in this topic does not feel like I recognize the level of quality that I would've expect to be (as my opinion of course).
  • why not both?
  • After part 2 of the Solo Season was launched, it brought some interesting new music tracks, and two of them are for the respective Victory and Defeat themes when a match ends. However, while the new-version are not bad, I personally like the old-version themes better because to me it feels a bit more Star War-sy, and I would like to hear them again in game if possible.

What do you guys think? Do you like the new music tracks for the Victory and Defeat theme? Or do you prefer the old version better?

Current (new) Victory and Defeat music tracks:

Former (old) Victory and Defeat music tracks:

We a healthy mix of both
    And we need more original John Williams music
  • I think Mark Griskey - the guy who composed the soundtracks for The Force Unleashed - would’ve been a great pick for BF2s soundtrack as well. I mean, just listen to this! So epic and Star Warsy it sounds like something that could’ve been made by Williams himself!

• @F8RGE, can we have maybe an option to switch between music for certain themes like the ones mentioned in this topic? I already missed the old ones. :(

John Williams is what makes the Star Wars saga great.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    I don’t understand why they just can’t use purely John Williams’ scores, they’re so much more personal and better done

John Williams is what makes the Star Wars saga great.

He's a huge contributing factor for sure.