criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

An Update on the Matchmaking Live Test

124Next

Replies

• lok
    952 posts Member
    H4YW1R3 wrote: »
    lok wrote: »
    Shuffle teams yes,but what happens to those when squads get implemented? i mean there mite be a 10 people in a squad/voip etc that want to stay together.

To be honest, I don't really care. But that's just a personal opinion.

Squading up friends who benefit from a voip on the same sides is just a form a team stacking if it's used in a server full of pubs. If there's going to be a squad system, then I believe those "squads" should have to compromise by accepting the possibility of a long wait to find lobbies while they're matched against other "squads".

But squads mean nothing to me considered aside a game breaking matchmaker. Bring on the shuffle! Or at least a vote shuffle that requires a vote threshold.

Totally agree,but this is still a big issue that is not addressed,and i am pretty sure they are bringing in proper squads.
    I have said it alot lately,battlelog is needed to fix all this mess.
  • played in AU server (PC) about 2100 AET - no matchmaking, and GA matches were lasting 3-5 minutes.
  • Yep. Looks like it has been turned off. :)
    Now, I pray it says that way, permanently and we don't see any more un-unnounced tests. Server browsers and shuffling of teams in the samne lobby is the way to go, not this stuff you've tried. reason is the matchmaking you've tried has either: (a) Not worked; and/or (b) Just resulted in people sitting in empty lobbies after 1 round.
  • Ravogd
    154 posts Member
    I agree with the empty servers comments and the strange way of using a button to match make that seems to only have you exit the game the same as quitting does, however the actual games from my perspective are much better. As a poor player I was finding it hard playing almost constantly with experts who would kill me in seconds. A game of Blast for example could easily be 2 kills 15 deaths for me. However since the matchmaking I seem to be in games that have 2-3 great players per team and the rest about my level. This is apparent as most of them have blue/green /grey cards rather than full purple and as a result the games are closer and (again IMO) much more fun. My ratio moves up to about 7/7. I assume this is matchmaking and not just a glut of new players all arriving at once.
  • yes

2cmlho.jpg

• AxeWin
    42 posts Member
    Its been turned off, hopefully for good this time.

It was the worst Online Experience ever!
  • lok wrote: »
    Shuffle teams yes,but what happens to those when squads get implemented? i mean there mite be a 10 people in a squad/voip etc that want to stay together.

maybe squads should that big should not be shuffled and instead, moved to a server that is nearly empty or empty, so they can stay together. Otherwise maybe a squad limit shuffle should be put into play, say 5 people stay, 5 squad up on other side. just a suggestion.
  • Devlin21
    8082 posts Member

Check bens new thread.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

This discussion has been closed.