criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

No REALLY! If Modders can do THIS, why Jetpack Cargo and Ewok Hunt? Dancing SOLO season!

RogueZeroRendar
732 posts Member
edited June 2018

This is the nature of Frostbite Engine: A lot of useless props, animations, models, sounds, and a lot of other objects, classes and functions that are unused in this game but reside in its code, ready for modders to grab and turn into something GREAT! (of course not everything seen here is inside the game, but some are, and show us this nature) Because lately devs have only been make BUGs, mediocre improvements and forgetful modes like Jetpack Cargo and Ewok Hunt (and probably Extraction as well)
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• So why are you even here? If your only argument is "people with no other time on their hands can make tiny little changes that affect nothing useful", you should really just stick to other tiny games that don't require work to make.
  • So why are you even here? If your only argument is "people with no other time on their hands can make tiny little changes that affect nothing useful", you should really just stick to other tiny games that don't require work to make.

Isnt that obvious to you? Because Star Wars Games are now prisoners of these companies, and their average games is the best we have, unless we want to use technology from 10 years ago.

I wouldn't be here if it was an IP from said companies: What's theirs it's theirs, if I don't like it I just go away.

Star Wars isn't theirs, and now that the creator has passed its creation, it can't even be said it's disney's. Of course they can do whatever they want, but it's not their creation, and thus they have little legitimacy to change what the community feels it's true star wars.

I'm here because I want Star Wars to be great in the gaming world, and not a mess like it currently is.

And if you have no idea how hard it's to mod with the available tools for people not inside EA/DICE, as Frostbite can't be edited outside of their companies' domains, then just go and learn something first, before thinking this could only be done because they have a lot of free time in their hands.

These devs have normal working shifts and are well paid to work for hours, probably at least 5 days a week on their companies' games, so how they can only come with mediocre content? We hope Season 3 will fix all that
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

• This is the nature of Frostbite Engine: A lot of useless props, animations, models, sounds, and a lot of other objects, classes and functions that are unused in this game but reside in its code, ready for modders to grab and turn into something GREAT! (of course not everything seen here is inside the game, but some are, and show us this nature) Because lately devs have only been make BUGs, mediocre improvements and forgetful modes like Jetpack Cargo and Ewok Hunt (and probably Extraction as well)

Don't drag Ewok Hunt into your tirade. It's legit.
    WDAxCpa.jpg
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• Devlin21
    8294 posts Member
    all the person did was use the model of the character. nothing special.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member

This is the nature of Frostbite Engine: A lot of useless props, animations, models, sounds, and a lot of other objects, classes and functions that are unused in this game but reside in its code, ready for modders to grab and turn into something GREAT! (of course not everything seen here is inside the game, but some are, and show us this nature) Because lately devs have only been make BUGs, mediocre improvements and forgetful modes like Jetpack Cargo and Ewok Hunt (and probably Extraction as well)

LMFAOOOO that's gold, Han Solo breaking it down
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."