criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Hero Starfighters Update

Replies

• I think that Hero Starfighters is gonna be my new favorite gamemode under the category Heroes and Villains games. ;)
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    The only thing I'm worried about after reading the patch notes is how the changes to hero ships will affect Starfighter Assault (some of them got nerfed, but most of them got a considerable HP boost). Oh and this change is amazing for balance:
    STARFIGHTER ASSAULT
    • Changed Starfighter Assault Hero ship limits so one of the 3 ships doesn't have to be the Millennium Falcon & increased Villain ship limits to 3 from 2.

We'll be looking forward to hearing some feedback once you've had some time to check it out :smile:

Thank you @T0TALfps! I was also starting to worry too, but I have confidence in you guys. :)
  • Unknown450
    58 posts Member
    edited July 3
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    I liked blast with 20.... it’s already a bit sparse with players and I’m ok with some spawn kills because it is Blast.

But maybe this will lead to a strike + blast limited time playlist.

I want more players not less so please make it 24, 12 on each team with a total of three squads for each side. Sounds fair.

THIS ^^^^

I don't want Blast with less people... Blast is my favorite mode in the game. Have always felt it would be great to have a few more ppl on the map.
    Post edited by Unknown450 on
  • Mouse92im
    111 posts Member
    Why no love for Strike? I never see any updates for that game mode and honestly I think it’s the best mode in the game :/

I feel the same. Been hoping for more maps to be rotated in. So many possibilities

• Unknown450 wrote: »
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    I liked blast with 20.... it’s already a bit sparse with players and I’m ok with some spawn kills because it is Blast.

But maybe this will lead to a strike + blast limited time playlist.

I want more players not less so please make it 24, 12 on each team with a total of three squads for each side. Sounds fair.

THIS ^^^^

I don't want Blast with less people... Blast is my favorite mode in the game. Have always felt it would be great to have few more ppl on the map.

Blast is 12v12 in BF2015 right?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    gonna be rad...Can't wait to max a few ships :p
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Blast is 12v12 in BF2015 right?

It was 10v10 as it is now
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited July 3
    I logged into a Jetpack Cargo lobby at 8AM and l was the only one on. I went to work and by the time I got home at 7PM, I was still the only person in the lobby and obviously a match never started because I didn't get booted. Why are they adding maps to a mode no one is playing but they add nothing to Extraction even though they state "also, due to the popularity of Extraction, we have decided to make this mode permanent for the foreseeable future."

EA is still ignoring the community or they can't read basic gameplay statistics. When EA sees that 500 rounds of Extraction was played today and ZERO rounds of Jetpack Cargo was played, they stupidly remark with "let's spend the next month making a map no one will ever play!"

I have never seen a comment anywhere hoping that Jetpack Cargo was made permanent.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    I logged into a Jetpack Cargo lobby at 8AM and l was the only one on. I went to work and by the time I got home at 7PM, I was still the only person in the lobby and obviously a match never started because I didn't get booted. Why are they adding maps to a mode no one is playing but they add nothing to Extraction even though they state "also, due to the popularity of Extraction, we have decided to make this mode permanent for the foreseeable future."

EA is still ignoring the community or they can't read basic gameplay statistics. When EA sees that 500 rounds of Extraction was played today and ZERO rounds of Jetpack Cargo was played, they **** remark with "let's spend the next month making a map no one will ever play!"

I have never seen a comment anywhere hoping that Jetpack Cargo was made permanent.

I think I once saw a guy on the forums who said he likes it.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    664 posts Member
    edited July 3
    I can't wait! Lots of great adjustments and new goodies in this update! :smiley:

I'm so stoked we can finally turn off lightsabers in BFII, but I'm curious if lightsaber wielding Heroes will adopt a neutral stance when not ignited. In the last BF, it was quite odd that Luke remained in a combat ready stance when his lightsaber was turned off.

I'm a bit concerned about the new Appearance change functionality, too. Will players have enough time to change the Appearances for all the Troopers and Heroes they might want to use if it can only be done pre-round? Unless the timing before the match begins has been extended, there won't be enough, and even if there is, players could likely end up missing the beginning of the match because they're still setting up their Appearances.

I believe players should have the freedom to alter Trooper and Hero Appearances at the spawn screen as much as pre-round. This way, they can change what they want, when it's appropriate instead of having to rush to change everything they might want to use before the match starts.

Also, what about the ability to change Emotes during a match? I didn't see it in the patch notes. Was it really not included?

@F8RGE
    "All wings report in."
  • Unknown450 wrote: »

Blast is 12v12 in BF2015 right?

It was 10v10 as it is now

Haven't played it since BFII launched so I forgot lol
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Thank you so much for all those free updates and DLC ! What you do with the game since April is really amazing and it's very exciting to know that it'll become even more complete at least until next year !
    Congratulations !
  • Qrystal
    24 posts Member
    I think 8v8 in Blast will be excellent. Some of my favourite games in recent memory have been with the teams not full.

If they are also lowering the minimum number of players, too, I will enjoy how much quicker it will be to get into a game!
  • MrSATAN1999
    84 posts Member
    edited July 3
    BUG REPORT : the milestone's progress don't show up at the end of Heroes Starfighters, Heroes Showdown and Extraction.
    Any chance you can fix that anytime soon ?
    Post edited by MrSATAN1999 on
  • Kerle wrote: »

EA is still ignoring the community or they can't read basic gameplay statistics. When EA sees that 500 rounds of Extraction was played today and ZERO rounds of Jetpack Cargo was played, they **** remark with "let's spend the next month making a map no one will ever play!"

I think I once saw a guy on the forums who said he likes it.

That was me!
    :)
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • such a pity that the number of players for Blast was reduced from 20 to 16. It is my favorite mode and in my opinion they should have increased the number of players to 24 (3 squads vs 3 squads, instead of 2 sq vs 2 sq). How much does the Sullustan skin cost?
  • grimmace2
    718 posts Member
    20K for the Sullustan skin. Bought it first thing this AM :)
  • Awesome patch notes. Can't wait to test the new stamina changes to lightsaber blocking. Though one thing came to mind, if holding block drains stamina then deflecting blaster bolts drains it even more? If so then blaster deflections would become impossible you would run out of stamina instantly.

Very true... Good point. In the star wars galaxy you don't really see our heros getting tried from holding their light sabers up either. That's your first and foremost defensive position. Whether it be a stick, a sword, or a saber you don't really ever see anyone getting very tired from holding their weapon defensively. I guess we will have to see how this all works tomorrow. Hope they got this right on paper this update looks awesome and I'm a huge star fighter assault fan very exciting.
  • This update looks pretty good.

Would still love to have a server selection menu, as, at least on PC, sometimes it can be hard to find games, and repeatedly joining completely empty servers is annoying.

That being said, this update is looking to be really well done.

• LOTR2013
    202 posts Member

@creativepup Make Jetpack Cargo permanent! There we go.

I don't play it that much, but I think if they've spent the time making a whole new game mode it should be in the game indefinitely. And why not add a new map to it? I'm sure it wasn't that hard.
  • Liked it! Is it also possible to change the appearances on the round screens in Arcade?

If it isn't they need to add that for both players in split screen. I haven't turned to game on yet so I don't know.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Conquest / Galactic conquest for arcade offline please in future please.

No map boundaries. :)

That would be absolutely amazing especially if it had hero AI.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Hello F8RGE,

after the patch, I obviously get less credits for the similar results in matches as before. The patch notes say nothing about a credit nerfs concering post-match rewards.
    This feels like a punch in the belly.

Could you please clarify: Have there been any changes concering credit rewards in modes like Strike or HvV?
    And if yes: why has this not been communicated in advance?

Sincerly

Nien Nooob
  • IMPORTANT: Still in Xbox One X there is the problem of the freezed screen when you go out from a round
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Nien_Nooob wrote: »
    Hello F8RGE,

after the patch, I obviously get less credits for the similar results in matches as before. The patch notes say nothing about a credit nerfs concering post-match rewards.
    This feels like a punch in the belly.

Could you please clarify: Have there been any changes concering credit rewards in modes like Strike or HvV?
    And if yes: why has this not been communicated in advance?

Sincerly

Nien Nooob

Supposedly you earn more credits for performing well or playing the objective but are losing money given just for completing the whole round.

In actuality the bonuses you get for performances and objectives are almost non-existent with everyone form top level players on the winning to team to scrubs who end up with under 5000 score are noticing severe drop-offs in credits earned.

The idea was for the extra challenges(1500 for three instead of 1000 for one per day) and the "bonuses" for winning and playing objectives to offset the loss, but it doesn't come close.

This needs to be fixed. Keep the extra 500 per day and go back to the old payout system, or just go back to the old one and do away with the bonus challenges if they're that concerned about it throwing the economy off balance.

It's absurd to go back to something that was so heavily criticized at the game's launch, with new heroes that can only be purchased for credits coming out. I almost never use this phrase as I think it's unfair to developers trying to balance keeping players happy and keeping the suits at EA and Disney happy, but this is a blatant cash grab trying to force players into buying skins, poses, and emotes.
  • Fuzzbap
    68 posts Member
    IMPORTANT: Still in Xbox One X there is the problem of the freezed screen when you go out from a round

Yeah, this is a huge issue for me too. It's been reported through the bug forum, I've tweeted @F8RGE about it but I can't recall it ever even having been acknowledged as a known issue.

At least I was able to open today's crate without the console completely shutting down.
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Good job developers, the game little by little is improving. Thanks for Sullustan skin.

What lack yet?

- More maps in Galatic Assault
    - More wearpons (T-21, E-22, cycler rifle,etc)
    - New classes
    - More skins:Ishi Tib, Cybernetic skins, more humans faces, all storm troopers
    - Fix errors in all platforms.

ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    664 posts Member
    edited July 4
    I'm loving this update, but I noticed some issues that need to be fixed ASAP:
    • The lightsaber deflect stamina depletion mechanic stacks with the new block stamina depletion mechanic, and now players end up running out of stamina almost as soon as they start deflecting blaster bolts. I don't know if stacking these was intended, but this issue needs to be addressed immediately because lightsaber wielding Heroes now lose their primary defense alarmingly fast, and get mowed down quickly.
    • When lightsaber wielding Heroes don't have their lightsaber ignited, using abilities that don't involve their lightsaber will automatically ignite it (e.g. Luke's Push and Repulse, Maul's Choke Hold, Vader's Choke and Focused Rage, etc.). Please change it so lightsabers remain turned off when using abilities that don't involve them.
    • Cannot change Emotes and Victory Poses pre-round in Multiplayer, and cannot change Appearances and Emotes in Custom Arcade. Honestly, we should just have the Collection Menu's Customize screen available, and it should be available at the spawn screen. Not just pre-round.
    • All cockpits still temporarily disappear when pausing in Custom Arcade except Poe's Black One X-Wing and Maul's Scimitar. Their cockpits still completely disappear from the match.
    • AI starfighters still don't use all of their abilities in Custom Arcade.
    • Many AI turrets still don't function properly in Custom Arcade. A lot of them don't do anything at all, some cannot be locked onto, and others do not explode when destroyed.
    • Melee and Force based Hero abilities still cause blaster bolt impact FX (sparks, scorch marks and smoke) when killing an opponent with them (e.g. Han's Shoulder Charge, Luke's Push and Repulse, Maul's Choke Hold, etc.).
    • Players still aren't put into a squad in their first spawn in Arcade.

Here's hoping these issues get resolved soon. Keep up the great work!

@F8RGE @FireWall
    Post edited by BTL-A4_Ace on
    "All wings report in."
  • JD25
    154 posts Member
    This will be a day long to remember but not for any good reasons you guys have absolutely destroyed the sabre heroes in this game I understand the spamming block but really why don't you guys just come with a counter for saber Heroes to break the block instead of making kylo Ren lift up his lightsaber three times and then run out of stamina this is just has been absolutely ridiculous I have been playing this game since launch and it has pretty much been the only game I have been playing but honestly I can say I'm losing interest in Hope very fast you guys are supposed to be producing AAA titles this is definitely not worthy of a AAA title the lightsaber mechanics have been s*** since day one I mean you guys have unlimited power with the license from Disney and you guys have just been doing **** work I'm happy with the game itself and the franchise but I feel every patch this game just gets worse and worse nobody even brought up the sabre stamina all anybody brought up was just the blocking constantly in hvv
  • JD25
    154 posts Member
    I Can Only Imagine fighting Palpatine is Luke Skywalker in Galactic assault I cannot believe you guys buff Palpatine but then Nerf all the other saber Heroes this absolutely makes no sense you guys are literally going to have to do a hotfix to keep players to keep on playing because I can tell you this right now I will not be playing as long as a stamina stuff is in effect the only Heroes a user lightsaber Heroes and now my fun from the game has just been taken from me
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    I'm loving this update, but I noticed some issues that need to be fixed ASAP:
    • The lightsaber deflect stamina depletion mechanic stacks with the new block stamina depletion mechanic, and now players end up running out of stamina almost as soon as they start deflecting blaster bolts. I don't know if stacking these was intended, but this issue needs to be addressed immediately because lightsaber wielding Heroes now lose their primary defense alarmingly fast, and get mowed down quickly.
    • When lightsaber wielding Heroes don't have their lightsaber ignited, using abilities that don't involve their lightsaber will automatically ignite it (e.g. Luke's Push and Repulse, Maul's Choke Hold, Vader's Choke and Focused Rage, etc.). Please change it so lightsabers remain turned off when using abilities that don't involve them.
    • Cannot change Emotes and Victory Poses pre-round in Multiplayer, and cannot change Appearances and Emotes in Custom Arcade. Honestly, we should just have the Collection Menu's Customize screen available, and it should be available at the spawn screen. Not just pre-round.
    • All cockpits still temporarily disappear when pausing in Custom Arcade except Poe's Black One X-Wing and Maul's Scimitar. Their cockpits still completely disappear from the match.
    • AI starfighters still don't use all of their abilities in Custom Arcade.
    • Many AI turrets still don't function properly in Custom Arcade. A lot of them don't do anything at all, some cannot be locked onto, and others do not explode when destroyed.
    • Melee and Force based Hero abilities still cause blaster bolt impact FX (sparks, scorch marks and smoke) when killing an opponent with them (e.g. Han's Shoulder Charge, Luke's Push and Repulse, Maul's Choke Hold, etc.).
    • Players still aren't put into a squad in their first spawn in Arcade.

Here's hoping these issues get resolved soon. Keep up the great work!

@F8RGE @FireWall

Good grief, I don't know how I didn't notice, but you CAN change Appearances when respawning during a match and not just before the match (Thank you, DICE!). My mistake. Please ignore the last part of my third point. lol
    "All wings report in."
  • Hero starfighter is all well and good but COME ON when you die you just get saddled with an average common ship? I mean imagine heroes vs villains and when your Yoda dies, you're stuck with a specialist or something. Kinda lame guys.
  • Finally something I can be positive about. Love this game mode! I find the Heroes vs Villains new lightsaber combat tp still be as good as it was. I have no problem with what was done personally.

Experiencing bugs out the Kazoo still, duplicate heroes in Heroes vs Villains mode-faced 2 Darth Vaders and 2 Bossks at the same time. Day 1 sound bug still happening. having difficulty finding games on PC. Lag. Same old. Still playable, wish DirectX 12 would work again.
  • Nien_Nooob
    7 posts Member
    edited July 4
    Thanks QuiGon.

@F8RGE

Still, I would like to have an official statement on the matter. What where the changes on the credit reward system? (except that the daily challenges have been changed and the win bonus of 100 credits doesn't show)
    Please clarify.

Nien Nooob

• Hero starfighter is all well and good but COME ON when you die you just get saddled with an average common ship? I mean imagine heroes vs villains and when your Yoda dies, you're stuck with a specialist or something. Kinda lame guys.

This actually works pretty good. Since all your enemies are more focused on your teams hero ships you can still have a pretty fair shot at taking out enemy hero ships.
  • Not gonna play this game, until they will fix lightsaber heroes.
    I mean, what the **** is that buillshit.
    3 swings and 2 sec block , and you stamina is gone.
    It's impossible to play as lightsaber heroes in GA now.

Lightsabers heroes should be so much stronger, they should be able to handle at least 6-7 standard troops.
    They should be able to destroy tanks, not getting oneshotted if you try to.

All lightsabers heroes are unbalanced. Especially after that patch with stamina.
    Yoda should be the most powerful Jedi, and he doesn't even stand a chance vs Maul, Sidious, Vader and Kylo.

Please, until you can't find a new way to balanced lightsaber combat, just revert stamina before patch, cause now heroes with lightsaber, can't be played in GA, they are just a walking easy target.
  • New_Roosterman
    358 posts Member
    edited July 4
    So I've had a but of a play since the update and there are issues, and regretably they are not postive.

1. Since the update, my ping server is now defaulting to the United Arab Emirates, which has a ping of 470 ms. Prior to the update it always defaaulted to the Australian Server with its 8 ms ping rate. As I'm in Australia, that is where it should default to and always did prior to this update. I have posted a bug Report in the Bug Forum.
    2. The changes to all the Millenium Falcons HP make them useless in Starfighter Assault. They are now very easy for 1 lone Tie Fighter to take out with a barrage burst or two. If you get to play a game with one for longer than 2 minutes you are doing well. This again shows that looking only at Hero Starfighter Mode for the Falcons you have not considered how it impacts on other modes. This is even more ridiculous when you did just this by only changing ion cannon effect duration for Hero Starfighter Mode.
    3. Lowering of credit pay outs on maps win or lose.
    4. Why do all ships now have white boxes around them in Starfighter Assault and Arcade? No one asked for this. All it does it makes the screen more cluttered and distracting. Worse you can't turn it off you have forced it on all the time. This is lowering quality of game in my book.
    5. In Starfighter Assault and Arcade, why has the red recticle on active turrets you can destroy disappeared? Newer players won't have a clue as to which ones they can and can't destroy. Its like you added what I cited in 4 and took away this with this. Sorry but its daft!
    What I'm hearing about changes with sabre heros makes me not want to bother playing Heros v Villains anymore, which behind Starfighter Assault is the only other mode I play. This update totally stuffs Starfighter Assault. It is rubbish I'm sorry.
  • LeftTurnus
    1095 posts Member
    All 3 Falcons need their HP back, unless you decide to give them some form of rear defense? They were difficult enough in SA to keep alive, and now they barely last a minute or two.
    The Y-wing ion turret nerf only for the Hero Ship mode. Why not spread that to SA as well? It is a hero ship ability on a standard bomber. It does too much all at once.

On a positive note Iden's Tie Fighter is in a much better place with the extra HP. It can live alot longer in SA and works decent in the Hero Ship mode.

Just a couple of quick random notes.
    Oh, rubberbanding is back like most updates....

• How do you deactivate lightsabers?
  • alexDD55
    70 posts Member
    How do you deactivate lightsabers?

Key “2”
  • Fuzzbap
    68 posts Member
    Claiming crates is still shutting down Xbox One completely. Just confirmed there now for the first time post-patch.
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Unwarycoin
    3023 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Excited for the double XP weekend to coincide with Hero Starfighter release. Should be able to get almost everything purple this weekend. Awesome!

I didn't know there was a double XP event coming. That sounds awesome!

Also I have 2 problems, 1. The game doesn't seem to be keeping track of timed challenges anymore during a match (you don't get the "TIMED CHALLENGE COMPLETE" pop-up anymore, and the "challenge" section of the end of match screen doesn't keep track of it either, so you have to quit the match just to check your progress), and 2. (Now this happened awhile ago, and isn't really important but) it seems that with the changeover to the non halographic characters in the menus, Captain Phasma's animation seems to have changed from the dramatic turn around she used to have to her just walking on screen.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • SirMav
    1 posts Member
    Hi gamers-

Anyone else feel that Emperor Palpatine received a buff in this last patch? You'd figure DICE would have the analytics to show he has a high pick rate in both HvV and GA, along with the insane amount of kills you can you can get with him in GA against troopers still,
  • After this update I experienced a ton of glitches such as: after quiting a game having a blank loading screen and not loading the menu, loading screens before joining a match and not putting me in a match, none of my characters showing in the collection screen, invisible and immovable characters, and it’s seeming like the timed challenges are bugging out and my credit amount won’t update until after I close battlefront II. Thank you, please fix
  • It also freezes and crashes constantly.
  • Nook2002
    12 posts Member
    Hello there peoples and EA. I love the update for the new hero starfighter showdown and lightsabers new on/off function, but I (and some others) don't like the new lightsaber combat system. It help all blaster units and heroes gain the upper advantage, but is unfair to lightsaber wielders. Therefore i have an idea of how it can be worked without putting to much work into it. I Have 4 idea that can bring lightsaber fantasy back to life. 1) What if lightsaber wielders can do continuous strikes to blocking lightsaber wielders to put pressure on them without block-offs? 2) What if blocks can slow-down or tire down lightsaber attackers to give defenders a chance to evade or dodge their attacks? 3) What if instead of heavy attacks being added to the game, make abilities like Luke's Repulse or Vader's Focus Rage a BREAKER ABILITY(meaning that it can break blocks instantly). 4) If blaster heroes need a chance to counter against lightsaber wielders, then they need farther dodge distance. These are my 4 request to make this game successful in the near future. Therefore may the force be with you. :smile:
  • Nook2002
    12 posts Member
    One more request. If possible, can you all add test servers and possibly undo the draining block lightsaber function, keep the other two changes?

• Can stop dying on Hero Starfighters ... after a few rounds I gave up :(
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Can stop dying on Hero Starfighters ... after a few rounds I gave up :(

Its not that hard. Just listen to some general advice, like dont fly in straight and always, I cant stress this enough, always think about what you're doing before actually doing it.

I often take out 2 - 3 players of the enemy instantly because they somehow think its smart to attack the falcon up front.
    The ship with the most hitpoints and the strongest gun. That for example is something to avoid, that a lot of people do.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • I wonder if the all ships now having a white target box around all ships when out of weapons range, coupled with use of hard target lock is what is causing so much stuttering/freezing in Starfighter Assault?
    I raise this because I've noticed the increase in it and seen many reports of other people reportingincreased freezes/stuttering in SFA since this patch deployed.
This discussion has been closed.