criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The new matchmaking mechanic Is having a negative impact on the game (Extraction at least).

Empire_TW
6076 posts Member
This new matchmaking thing to me is having a negative impact on the game. I'm still not sure how it even works, the "option" to be matchmade seems to come up randomly and it isn't even an option you will be matchmade regardless weather you pressed the button. What this means is that weather you are gonna be staying in the same server is a matter of luck. Just played extraction for an hour and a half and after every few matches I get forced into an empty server or no server at all, it sometimes sends me back to the main menu. Didn't play Kessel once either, it was a match or 2 on Jabba's palace then it either sends me to a different server just getting to Jabba's palace or just an empty server. I feel like i've spent more time getting back into servers then I have actually playing.

Also this matchmaking system seems pointless, I see absolutely no difference in skill in my enemies. Games are not closer or more fairer then prior to this system being in place. I've been playing since launch and the main reason steamrolls happen is because some teams just don't bother playing the objective at all, capture points get captured without any resistance, buttons get held without a single intervention, ATATs/MTTs get smashed without anyone doing anything about it. The bad teams i've been on aren't getting outplayed, they aren't bothering to show up to play at all. I've been paying extra attention to it lately and it isn't my teammates being a bunch of level 1 new people.

I really don't think players should be forced out of a server because one team just isn't bothering to play the objective. Actually what happened before this system was that after a team would get steamrolled a few times most of the team would quit and the players who came in and replaced them actually would do alot better, better then the team that won sometimes.

Also a final note, when its already an issue that people can't pick to play what maps they want and it can also get frustrating being put into the same maps constantly, it isn't good that we now have a system removing people from servers with them not having a say in it.
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• lok
    973 posts Member
    yep,it works even if you do not press it.
    Then it sends you anywhere.
    I call it the band aid effect.
  • Empire_TW
    6076 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Played 2 matches of GA both on Hoth, after the second game I was sent to an empty server. So far after playing a map as both sides Ive been sent to an empty server. Is there an estimate to when this test will be done so I don't have to go back to the main menu after every other game?
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Fogcityroller
    120 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It's not working at all like the team shuffling they had at launch. WHY is this so hard to re-implement? I don't want to play the map I played two games ago, I don't even necessarily want whole new people, just shuffle the dang teams.
  • I'm having a super hard time remaining positive about this game now but I am trying. This is another in a long list of failures but it hits hard as the amount of failures and bugs recently. The matchmaking attempt is appreciated but so far is making things worse. Time to tweak it some more and try again at a later date.

I really do appreciate the fact that the community was listened to about the matchmaking problems and in-balances and that an attempt to create a solution was made. Even if this fails or takes a bit of time the effort put forth is appreciated.
  • Empire_TW
    6076 posts Member
    I haven't played Fallout 4 in over a year but this looks extremely familiar.
    dhswxiyakx33.jpg

Your options here are:
    Square to matchmake (Leave the server)
    Circle to quit (Leave the server)
    Do nothing (leave the server, odds are you will be put into an empty server)

What if I don't want to leave the server? Please remove this mechanic devs.

hojevrxvarht.png
  • This new system is garbage. If they keep this, it may be enough for me to uninstall the game. I kept getting shuffled into horrible servers when the map rotated and forced matchmaking even she I didn't select it. Maybe I don't want to leave that server, shouldn't it be MY choice.
  • porc44
    142 posts Member
    I love this game but this system make me not to play this game at all.
    It send always send me in a empty server after every match, sorry dev, but this is garbage.
  • rollind24
    5567 posts Member
    Is this a limited roll out? I still haven’t seen the option for matchmake
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • This is hilarious, I'm so glad I decided to wait until August.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • Yeah I'm constantly being taken from a full server into an empty one the last two days. (PS4)
  • Sent to emptt server....players needed 8. For the love of God just stop. Make it an option for those who want out of the current match group without having to quit and leave everyone else alone.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • I’m on Xbox One and I haven’t experienced empty lobbies after allowing matchmaking to happen. In fact, I’m glad this update was made, it allows me to change up the people I play with instead of constant winning or losing. Even if I join a lobby that isn’t full, it gets full in less than 2-3 minutes.
  • Empire_TW
    6076 posts Member
    porc44 wrote: »
    I love this game but this system make me not to play this game at all.
    It send always send me in a empty server after every match, sorry dev, but this is garbage.

Yeah I try to stay positive when it comes to this game but this is really putting me off of playing it right now.
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Is this a limited roll out? I still haven’t seen the option for matchmake

When I wrote this it was still a thing, I actually wrote it after quiting out of constantly being put into empty servers. They might have turned it back off again.

@F8RGE can we please have the option to stay in the current server? This system (if it is still in place) doesn't seem to be working.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • unit900000
    3151 posts Member
    this is one of the best things to come out in a while. its a bit buggy sometimes and you can get put in an empty server and I dont like how it forces you to match make even when you dont press the button though I think thats either a glitch or intended so they can get feedback. the up side is it seems to actually work im going up vs players that actually know how to play more often then not now so id say its great.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    this is one of the best things to come out in a while. its a bit buggy sometimes and you can get put in an empty server and I dont like how it forces you to match make even when you dont press the button though I think thats either a glitch or intended so they can get feedback. the up side is it seems to actually work im going up vs players that actually know how to play more often then not now so id say its great.

If it works where only those that want out matchmaker it will be perfect
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • unit900000
    3151 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »

If it works where only those that want out matchmaker it will be perfect

agreed its pretty hard to play the map you want when the game makes you change servers all the time.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • TheScape
    2215 posts Member
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I haven't had any issues with it. I play on X-Box.