criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Galactic Assault Sucks

Battlefront 1 was better on so many levels. Getting to play a hero is next to impossible. There are too many no life losers that play this game. I shouldn't be in matches with people that can get 70 kills a game. You need to come up with a better algorithm for matchmaking.

Replies

• Fuzzbap
    46 posts Member
    edited June 26
    I'm far from what anyone would call a good player, but I've had hero time plenty of times in GA. What I go on to do with the heroes leaves a lot to be desired, though!

On a basic level, your point about team balancing needing work is true but I don't think there's any need to describe better players as 'losers'.

(Edited for typo)
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Jello770
    5382 posts Member
    edited June 26
    GA is the worst gamemode there is. You’re better off not playing it.
    PSN: Jello770
    5ba18nuxuol7.png
    "Watch out for those wrist rockets!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check Out My Mister Bones Petition-Click Here
  • Okay I recind the loser comment. What I would really like to also see is casual and competitive game modes. Perhaps in "casual" you would not be allowed to be on a team. In "competitive" you can clan up to your heart's content.
  • GA is bad right now because of the super buff to ion torpedo and the messed changes they made in this recent update, as well as, the issues with balancing the team in matchmaking.

Because of those three issues GA sucks bad right now.
  • Big modes is what the OG BF games were all about. The fact that the devs can't even recognize this is more than enough proof that EA should never be allowed to touch another star wars game again.

The devs have RUINED this game. It used to be fun, but with dumb modes, deleting stuff out of the game, and trying to add a bunch of junk no one asked for is main this game crappier by the month.

IMO they need to HALT all changes to this game, add back in what they've deleted and then TAKE A DSMN BREATH and look at what need sto be changed instead of adding insane changes every month
  • tommytom64
    1032 posts Member
    Battlefront 1 was better on so many levels. Getting to play a hero is next to impossible. There are too many no life losers that play this game. I shouldn't be in matches with people that can get 70 kills a game. You need to come up with a better algorithm for matchmaking.

No offense, but while I agree that the 70+ kills are ridiculous, it was much worse in the last game than it is in this one. Especially once they added Bossk...
  • ArthritisEye
    15 posts Member
    edited July 9
    Safe spawn zones for attacking teams needs to adjusted. They can make a game drag ooooooon. Force them out after a period of time.
  • I feel as if this mode is quite unpredictable, due to fact that defenders can win first round I wonder instead of just ending the match right there and then instead implement a kind of behemoth second strike like they did with Battlefield 1 by maybe giving people who were doing so well last round access to heroes/villains at the start until the second checkpoint point of the match, for the losing attacking side of course.

Anyone here agrees with this?
  • I feel as if this mode is quite unpredictable, due to fact that defenders can win first round I wonder instead of just ending the match right there and then instead implement a kind of behemoth second strike like they did with Battlefield 1 by maybe giving people who were doing so well last round access to heroes/villains at the start until the second checkpoint point of the match, for the losing attacking side of course.

Anyone here agrees with this?

This won't work.

The problem is that the matchmaking doesn't work well enough or incorporate enough functionality to prevent one whole team from getting stacked with noobs. If they were to restart the same map again and give "the best" two on the worst team hero at the start, then they will still lose because the other team is stacked full of competent players that know what they are doing. Two heros against an effective team of 20 people still won't guarantee that they get past the 1st phase most of the time.

They also need to tone down ion torpedo damage against the MTTs and Walkers because the buff to the ion torp as really caused the teams to lose at the 1st phase more.
  • Either there is a bug for this **** or there is some cheating going on either way this game isn’t right.
  • I truthfully have yet to see both walkers go down in any game I have played. I must not ever be on right teams. :)
  • I truthfully have yet to see both walkers go down in any game I have played. I must not ever be on right teams. :)

You must not play very many games because it happens quite often with the terrible matchmaking and the overpowered ion torpedo.
  • The core issue is lack of an actual matchmaking system
  • Kniphtee
    924 posts Member
    Really enjoyed it as the flagship game mode for the first month or two but will only play it now to get the creds or emotes from a challenge. The locked in linear focus really hampers it - the story theme is nice but they should have just threw in conquest with some of the storytelling and would have been better off (imo). Blast, Strike, HvV and Extraction (more maps please) is all I play now - wookies need some tweaking to the imploder.
  • willywonka7
    664 posts Member
    edited July 13
    Yeah the laggy imploder is so funny.

I like stand pretty close to it sometimes intentionally because I know that it doesn't always work properly. You can sometimes survive the initial blast and then like 5 seconds later after you have moved away and the blast is over. You get killed by the increased range star card effect of the blast.....it's so buggy but so funny. All of a sudden out of no where you get thrown into the air and killed like your attempted a front flip and failed and you die.....it's so funny.