criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Phasma’s staff strike is more useless than before

A normal melee is faster than it and it cancels the animation so you can’t make the three staff combo, lightsaber users just have to spam the attack button and you’re dead and finally blaster heroes just roll and you get exposed the don’t recieve damage and you die even if they’re shocked by your droid
Pleas make it faster and make it able to stun for long so they don’t attack back or roll

Replies

• Kessler
    27 posts Member
    It needs to be replaced with something else.
  • Kessler wrote: »
    It needs to be replaced with something else.

Maybe it should stay as her normal melee
  • Should br a toggleable melee weapon and function like lightsabers do so Phasmas can counter lightsaber users properly.

If someone is blocking, no matter if you combo the three staff strikes, they won’t do anything and if you’re mid combo they break it and you can'troll or use the staff again
  • Turn it into a toggle ability where your basically maul but able to block lightsabers and not as fast
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Turn it into a toggle ability where your basically maul but able to block lightsabers and not as fast

Maybe for limited time or limited strikes, but I can’t see Phasma being able to block, and there’re changes coming to the lightsaber combat in July
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Yepp. You could rarely hit the enemy before, maybe if he was in your droid stun, but man that thing at least hit like a nuke. Now it doesnt CC, only on the last it and you cant get the swing through anyway.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Kerle wrote: »
    Yepp. You could rarely hit the enemy before, maybe if he was in your droid stun, but man that thing at least hit like a nuke. Now it doesnt CC, only on the last it and you cant get the swing through anyway.
    The issue is that you can hit once, and I forgot to mention it, but it’s nearly impossible to complete the staff challenge and my complain is that which is the point of having three uses of the ability if you can only hit once enemies and is a waste having than damage boost in the third strike
    I’ve been trying this challenge for a week now and have only managed to do it once in that time, and the droid don’t help too much because when you hit it the stun breaks and if it’s a lightsaber user it starts attacking instantly and commonly you die
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I disagree...

You just have to know the right time to use it, don't expect to instantly win a fight with a saber user when you use Staff Strikes.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    I disagree...

You just have to know the right time to use it, don't expect to instantly win a fight with a saber user when you use Staff Strikes.

Excellent combo against that Yoda. He was probably like, "what in the bejesus just happened!??!!? The game is broken! I don't understand????" Hahaha. Good stuff.
  • Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »
    I disagree...

Try doing that while they’re facing you and swinging at you.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Darkaid wrote: »
    I disagree...

And that's exactly why they need to let Phasma be immune to melee stuns while she's using the staff.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Kerle
    427 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Kerle wrote: »
    The issue is that you can hit once, and I forgot to mention it, but it’s nearly impossible to complete the staff challenge and my complain is that which is the point of having three uses of the ability if you can only hit once enemies and is a waste having than damage boost in the third strike
    I’ve been trying this challenge for a week now and have only managed to do it once in that time, and the droid don’t help too much because when you hit it the stun breaks and if it’s a lightsaber user it starts attacking instantly and commonly you die

I dont know for how long youre playing, but before her buff/nerf which increased her attack speed and made her charge after the enemy with the first strike all of her attacks where knocking down the enemy.

So after the first hit the the other two were pretty much guaranteed. (Except you hit like a charging Rey, Chewie or something, when the physics went bananas and they flew other the whole map).

I liked this way better. Heres a video I captured for a friend once, at 0:45 you see how it used to work and how strong it was:

"Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I disagree...

And that's exactly why they need to let Phasma be immune to melee stuns while she's using the staff.
    Yep, they stun you and cant use abilities.
    They can block bobas melee, which is literally fire, but cant block palpatines lightning.

Should just make it an ability that last for 10 seconds or so, works like a lightsaber does 100 damage, can block blaster and sabers but very weakly for blasters.

keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I disagree...

They can block bobas melee, which is literally fire, but cant block palpatines lightning.

Should just make it an ability that last for 10 seconds or so, works like a lightsaber does 100 damage, can block blaster and sabers but very weakly for blasters.

I'm not sure what your talking about with sabers blocking Bobas flamethrower & palps lightning.

Honestly at a complete loss as to what any of that meant.

Anyways, I don't agree that she should be able to block anything with the staff. But yes it's in need of great improvements still.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I disagree...

Well, Palpatine’s lightning is bugged, but the Boba’s melee can’t be blocked because it deals splash damage
    And let’s be honest, being able to block with it wouldn’t be cannon and would be illogic
  • Kerle wrote: »
    Kerle wrote: »

I dont know for how long youre playing, but before her buff/nerf which increased her attack speed and made her charge after the enemy with the first strike all of her attacks where knocking down the enemy.

So after the first hit the the other two were pretty much guaranteed. (Except you hit like a charging Rey, Chewie or something, when the physics went bananas and they flew other the whole map).

I liked this way better. Heres a video I captured for a friend once, at 0:45 you see how it used to work and how strong it was:

Yes, while I like that you now approach to the enemy it’s not useful unless the enemy is running from you like in the @Darkaid video (I admit it show how skill is very important) but they does whatever and you can’t chain the attacks: if the block, dodge, roll, attack, etc.
    (I’ve been playing since launch)
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    Changing the ability to a toggle function, thus allowing her to switch between her staff and blaster at will, would be interesting.

As for her move set, personally I'd go for something like Darth Maul's fighting style, but focused on melee power and toughness over mobility.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Xerxes52 wrote: »
    Changing the ability to a toggle function, thus allowing her to switch between her staff and blaster at will, would be interesting.

As for her move set, personally I'd go for something like Darth Maul's fighting style, but focused on melee power and toughness over mobility.

I don’t know, people would be running with it with her second ability, (I don’t remember its name) killing people more than firing with her primary weapon (which is a bit underwhelming if you don’t aim to the head)
  • Another Phasma staff thread?
    Yes it needs a buff again, yes if you get hit mid strike you lose the charge and if you try hitting the button it'll suck up all the other charges without doing anything too. Add the stunning to the FIRST strike not the last and speed up the hits lower the damage by 10 per strike so you don't kill to quick and people scream Nerf!
  • Dannyboi82 wrote: »
    Another Phasma staff thread?
    Yes it needs a buff again, yes if you get hit mid strike you lose the charge and if you try hitting the button it'll suck up all the other charges without doing anything too. Add the stunning to the FIRST strike not the last and speed up the hits lower the damage by 10 per strike so you don't kill to quick and people scream Nerf!

Yes I agree, but I’m sure people won’t scream “NERF!!” when Chewbacca kills you in three seconds and you can still roll/dodge or deal massive damage with vanguard, but I agree
  • Guys it's not that bad. I actually got good with it once I stopped trying to use it as a last second attack in close quarter situations. Once you get more than half way through the first animation it will hit and make it very easy to get all three hits. You just have to anticipate and use it as a planned offense, like timing it to hit right as a droid stun hits or sneaking behind people. When I was grinding the new milestones I did her staff strike milestone in like 5 matches.

You just have too think about it differently. You can't use it as a defensive counter-attack at all.
  • Guys it's not that bad. I actually got good with it once I stopped trying to use it as a last second attack in close quarter situations. Once you get more than half way through the first animation it will hit and make it very easy to get all three hits. You just have to anticipate and use it as a planned offense, like timing it to hit right as a droid stun hits or sneaking behind people. When I was grinding the new milestones I did her staff strike milestone in like 5 matches.

You just have too think about it differently. You can't use it as a defensive counter-attack at all.

I’ll try it, then I will let you know if it worked

Let us know how it works, but I still think it should have a little more defense/counter reliability.
    Maybe it is just me, but it seems far to situational right now...
  • Darkhand_9 wrote: »
    Guys it's not that bad. I actually got good with it once I stopped trying to use it as a last second attack in close quarter situations. Once you get more than half way through the first animation it will hit and make it very easy to get all three hits. You just have to anticipate and use it as a planned offense, like timing it to hit right as a droid stun hits or sneaking behind people. When I was grinding the new milestones I did her staff strike milestone in like 5 matches.

Let us know how it works, but I still think it should have a little more defense/counter reliability.

Yes, you can only hit once or twice and a third time only if the enemy is a noob or is running from you, is that or dying
    Guys it's not that bad. I actually got good with it once I stopped trying to use it as a last second attack in close quarter situations. Once you get more than half way through the first animation it will hit and make it very easy to get all three hits. You just have to anticipate and use it as a planned offense, like timing it to hit right as a droid stun hits or sneaking behind people. When I was grinding the new milestones I did her staff strike milestone in like 5 matches.

Yes, you can only hit once or twice and a third time only if the enemy is a noob or is running from you, is that or dying

So, more problem? Just clarifying...
  • *problematic*
  • As I've said knock down on the first strike, the next two strikes are about 1.5 times faster than they are now (and chainable by holding down the button rather than 3 presses) decrease it's damage just a little per strike.
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    The staff was more fun before they changed it.

I can't hit the Yoda ball as far anymore :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Darkhand_9 wrote: »

Yes the issue is that you can’t take the risk of doing the third attack because whatever the enemy does makes you get exposed and probably will die
  • They should switch it from the staff to a pistol sidearm

Yes the issue is that you can’t take the risk of doing the third attack because whatever the enemy does makes you get exposed and probably will die

That's what I was afraid of...
    Thank you for clarifying.
    They should switch it from the staff to a pistol sidearm

Maybe. If her staff was regular melee, and sidearm(used in Last Jedi...) was an ability...

That's what I was afraid of...
    Thank you for clarifying.
    They should switch it from the staff to a pistol sidearm

Maybe. If her staff was regular melee, and sidearm(used in Last Jedi...) was an ability...

Yes, that would be very good, but what about the challenge?