criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Updated Tactics for Hope Cannot Save Them: Tier III

Han_Spinel
1102 posts Member
**UPDATE**

Recommended Load Out: Alternative Methods, Droid Batteries, & Friend in Battle.

My original method for completing the Hope Cannot Save Them: Tier III arcade level following the Patch 1.2 update (video here) was not always working. This is perhaps due to the AI (and/or their specific spawn locations) being slightly modified during the Solo Season June 12 Patch. Changes were made to some of the arcade settings, although general improvements/modifications for the AI were not specifically mentioned in the official patch notes.

In this video, I've slightly modified my original method by drawing the attention of the initial spawn wave (which initially takes place within the X-Wing hangars), and allowing them to surround me in the tunnel. After eliminating this first 5-6 enemies (prioritize Snipers as they are apparently expert marksmen at Tier III), move on with an aggressive approach into the corridor between the Hangars. From here, circle in-and-out weaving around the doorways using your enemy radar to guide your aggressive take down. After about 10 total kills or so, the enemy will begin a more aggressive approach, especially if you keep on the move (they will attempt to again flank your rear, so if you are constantly moving you should be able to intercept spawn groups and gain several seconds of time within 1-2 seconds of battle). This is when you can switch to more of a balance between attack and defending, with the final 10 kills or so shifting you to a more defensive stand due to spawn clumps approaching your location.

"Good luck. You're gonna need it...."

May the Force be with you.
In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
Youtube: Han Spinel
Twitter: @Han_Spinel
The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion

Replies

• Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member

No problem! Hope it helped, and you were able to get that Han Solo Smuggler appearance!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

• Hey, just watched the video. I saw it recently in a google search and someone mentioned it in my thread. It's great to see an updated video and see that it is actually possible as the ones I've seen aren't dealing with the same AI. I'll use your moving strategy, but I've had the problem that they literally back away from me and sometimes disappear from the map. The only thing that seems to work for me is to stay in that hall, but then I have waves of five+ running into the corners and backing away while shooting.

Anyways, great video!
  • moltentown wrote: »
    Hey, just watched the video. I saw it recently in a google search and someone mentioned it in my thread. It's great to see an updated video and see that it is actually possible as the ones I've seen aren't dealing with the same AI. I'll use your moving strategy, but I've had the problem that they literally back away from me and sometimes disappear from the map. The only thing that seems to work for me is to stay in that hall, but then I have waves of five+ running into the corners and backing away while shooting.

Anyways, great video!

Thanks! All I can say is keep going, and stick to whatever keeps you alive longest.

As you said, it is obviously possible. This method has worked for me on several occasions, but out of a 50 or so. You can see from my video that I exhausted the 10-15 “payed” attempts you get per day by playing arcade lol

Anyhow, just stick with it and by the time you reach the corridor, I try to not chase the enemy out too far and remain sporadic in my movement. So that the spawns try and flank my rear (if that makes any sense).

You can do it, and may the Force be with you!

• I have watched this video over and over, and I still can't beat it. Please help me.
  • I have watched this video over and over, and I still can't beat it. Please help me.

A few questions:
    Do you have a video clip of a close, but failed attempt by chance?

Also, how many times do you attempt per sit down? Honestly, the AI are not well designed for completing this mode, and so a bit of luck is definitely needed. If I were to sit down and try today, I may not be able to tackle it or, wouldn’t get it until the 15th or 20th try or something similar.

Are you on PS4?

• Bat88Batman201279
    4 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Yes, I am on PS4. I start out between the hangers, then after I get 5 to 6 kills, the enemies start to run away from me and not at me.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Yes, I am on PS4. I start out between the hangers, then after I get 5 to 6 kills, the enemies start to run away from me and not at me.
    The biggest piece of advice I can give is to never ever stop moving. I use the hangar as my strong hold and then continue to pay close attention to the mini map in bottom left of the screen, sometimes even using that alone to navigate. Prioritize clumps of AI first on the mini map to gain several seconds of time in a few seconds worth of work, and then immediately double back or keep circling in and out of the doorways until you have AI near striking distance. I believe the AI are designed to attack you from your rear flank only, meaning they will retreat your head on advancements. This is why it is imperative to keep moving - In so doing you continually expose your rear flank to as many nearby AI as possible, so once they attack what they see as a vulnerable target you can double back and make quick work of them.

Again, because of the AI design, this particular arcade scenario is impossible to complete back to back to back; you need to persist through 15-20 tries before calling it quits for the day.

• Finally beat the final tier. Your advice helped in a very big way. Thanks a bunch. May the Force be with you, always.
  • Finally beat the final tier. Your advice helped in a very big way. Thanks a bunch. May the Force be with you, always.

That is awesome! Way to go, and assuming you unlocked that bearded Solo skin now too!?
    I know that it was probably rough, but hope you’re feeling the accomplishment and also relief that you don’t ever have to do that again haha

May the Force be with you!
    9xd9q2xol9ef.gif

If EVERYTHING else fails. Uninstall, reinstall, disconnect from the internet so it doesn’t update. Then play the last tier at the launch settings and statistics. But I would encourage other methods first. Remember if everything else fails.