criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please let bullets go through teammates

Cachoron22_
108 posts Member
edited June 2018
I can not tell you how many times I have died because some bulletsponge walked by and blocked every single one of my shots lol don’t even get me started with grenades. They don’t have to kill the teammate but just let them go through
Post edited by Cachoron22_ on

Replies

• It should go through. It’s called friendly fire.
  • Cachoron22_
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It should go through. It’s called friendly fire.

Lol Exactly!!!
  • Cahhmakt
    218 posts Member
    Friendly fire would hurt your own team mates
  • Cahhmakt wrote: »

Exactly!
  • Midichlorian
    1403 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Cahhmakt wrote: »
    Egocentric heroes on killstreaks would start killing their own teammates when there's no enemies around.
    Hero-rushers will kill their team's heroes.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Cahhmakt wrote: »
    Egocentric heroes on killstreaks would start killing their own teammates when there's no enemies around.

Precisely!
  • Empire_TW
    5073 posts Member

I would kill all my worthless sniper teammates.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member

The chaos killing your teams heroes to go grab one would cause would cause epic forum fights.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Terrible idea!
  • I dont think he saying to make the bullets kill teammate, just to go through them like they are invisible. this would mitigate the situation where you are standing in a corridor with perfect shot at enemy team and one of your own teammates walks in front of you and none of the bullets will hit the enemy.
  • On sniper rifles and nades (or the like) - sure but not just regular blaster fire - highly exploitable.
  • Meh. Not a fan of this idea. A consequence of having clueless teammates. Time your tosses.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Meh. Not a fan of this idea. A consequence of having clueless teammates. Time your tosses.

I don't know, I'm all for using my team mates as human shields.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Meh. Not a fan of this idea. A consequence of having clueless teammates. Time your tosses.

Another point I was going to make :D
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Another point I was going to make :D

I'm still on the fence of whether or not to support this.

h846398gb27k.png

• Jug
    184 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Making yourself worthless???
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Jug wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Making yourself worthless???

Friendly fire for a weekend would be hysterical.

h846398gb27k.png

• Worst thing is when you’re an Aerial trooper and about to fire a rocket and some guy with zero situational awareness runs in front of you so you lose like 80% of your health
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    Friendly fire just won't work for this game. I think that having bullets go through teammates like they weren't there would work well, though. If they added this I would also want them to give a bit of time when a squad shield goes up that your grenades can go through. I don't even know how many times I've died from somebody popping a shield as I'm throwing a grenade.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Don't forget explosives too, countless times I've died because I threw a thermal detonator but some numbskull jumped in front of me and got be killed.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Warrior wrote: »
    Friendly fire just won't work for this game. I think that having bullets go through teammates like they weren't there would work well, though. If they added this I would also want them to give a bit of time when a squad shield goes up that your grenades can go through. I don't even know how many times I've died from somebody popping a shield as I'm throwing a grenade.

This would be so easy to exploit though.

I know friendly fire wouldn't work in this game, but it would still be so much fun to watch for a day or 2.

h846398gb27k.png

• I think this is a terrible idea. The game is already enough of an arcade shooter, and you want to make it even simpler?

I almost never say this, but...git freakin' gud. Shoot around your teammates.
  • ...cant believe there is still a discussion. get aware and move... you do have 3rd person view
  • DarthDidds wrote: »
    I think this is a terrible idea. The game is already enough of an arcade shooter, and you want to make it even simpler?

I almost never say this, but...git freakin' gud. Shoot around your teammates.

Dude cause your probobley the crackhead wandering around with no clue what he/she is doing and gettin in the way of fire lol
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    I dont think he saying to make the bullets kill teammate, just to go through them like they are invisible. this would mitigate the situation where you are standing in a corridor with perfect shot at enemy team and one of your own teammates walks in front of you and none of the bullets will hit the enemy.

Yeah exactly lol people can’t read
    I dont think he saying to make the bullets kill teammate, just to go through them like they are invisible. this would mitigate the situation where you are standing in a corridor with perfect shot at enemy team and one of your own teammates walks in front of you and none of the bullets will hit the enemy.

I was just trolling about taking out your own teammates. But for one game mode, it would be fun.

So what I’m reading is you want to shoot someone, but not get shot back. Makes perfect sense. Let the guy block any shots intended to hit you because he got in your way, while safely killing your opponent.

Yeah. I don’t see any issues with this.

• DarthDidds
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Dude cause your probobley the crackhead wandering around with no clue what he/she is doing and gettin in the way of fire lol

How DARE you, sirrah! I'll have you know that I'm the ALCOHOLIC who wanders around with no clue what I'm doing getting in the way of fire!!!

• DarthDidds wrote: »

How DARE you, sirrah! I'll have you know that I'm the ALCOHOLIC who wanders around with no clue what I'm doing getting in the way of fire!!!
    Oh lol sorry my bad....please don’t hurt me
  • Pjay
    285 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »

You do not have a perfect shot if you are shooting a team mate.
    This is a multiplayer 1st first person shooter, if you do not want the complexity of multiple players, stick to playing campaign over and over.
  • Pjay wrote: »

You do not have a perfect shot if you are shooting a team mate.
    This is a multiplayer 1st first person shooter, if you do not want the complexity of multiple players, stick to playing campaign over and over.

It’s also a 3rd person which makes it even more ridiculous when someone walks in front of you and blocks a grenade
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    I can not tell you how many times I have died because some bulletsponge walked by and blocked every single one of my shots lol don’t even get me started with grenades. They don’t have to kill the teammate but just let them go through

That might be the dumbest thing ever, people will just keep taking cover behind team mates and killing enemies through them, utterly ridiculous idea lol
  • avmav wrote: »

That might be the dumbest thing ever, people will just keep taking cover behind team mates and killing enemies through them, utterly ridiculous idea lol

Carckhead it doesn’t necessarily have to go through the entire body of your teammate lol maybe just the arm or head of your teammate to prevent having a grenade bounce of some dudes head and killing you. And come on now they aren’t tanks

• avmav
    533 posts Member
    They're talking about bullets, not grenades
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Regarding grenades, just throw them when you know you have space around you, it's not rocket science
    They're talking about bullets, not grenades
    Could be the same with bullets

Regarding grenades, just throw them when you know you have space around you, it's not rocket science
    Dude this is literally a game about sticking with your team to win the game people will be next to you the entire game whether you like it or not maybe even groups every time you throw a grenade there is a big chance someone will jump in front
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    You can easily make room to throw a grenade and make sure you miss a team mate, if you can't manage that maybe go play a farming game??
    You can easily make room to throw a grenade and make sure you miss a team mate, if you can't manage that maybe go play a farming game??
    Every time I get post like these I laugh dude tell me one mode that doesn’t require teammates, and I know for a fact that you are the crack head jumping around like a kangaroo on steroids blocking everybody’s shots, and that’s my point you can aim a grenade and be a precise as you want but there is bound to be someone coming out of nowhere

Exactly, did you guys not read the OP?

Exactly, did you guys not read the OP?

Thank you
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    avmav wrote: »
    Every time I get post like these I laugh dude tell me one mode that doesn’t require teammates, and I know for a fact that you are the crack head jumping around like a kangaroo on steroids blocking everybody’s shots, and that’s my point you can aim a grenade and be a precise as you want but there is bound to be someone coming out of nowhere

I think since release Ive thrown a grenade at a team mate maybe 3 times...it's not an issue if you're aware of your surroundings

I think since release Ive thrown a grenade at a team mate maybe 3 times...it's not an issue if you're aware of your surroundings

Oh for the love of god well some people get all the luck
  • Or you could just pay attention and shoot/throw grenades around your teammates?

I'd rather not have the entire rebel team be able to take cover behind that one WW blocking the hallway and still all be able to shoot me.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Voter_Colonel
    716 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    We should be grateful that we can run through teammate's bodies at least. I lost count of how many times I snuffed it in previous BF because I was blocked in by players when a dioxis grenade was thrown in.

*Mod edit* Removed cursing.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on

Oh listen to Smugtrooper. Put up a video where you are constantly turning to look at who is coming behind you while attacking.

So I'll get a wookie, another wookie as a friend, rey and yoda standing in the same place/'body'.
    We're basically invincible and you should wait for your friends to try to kill us lol

Or maybe 10 troopers lol
  • mathxlrose wrote: »

So I'll get a wookie, another wookie as a friend, rey and yoda standing in the same place/'body'.
    We're basically invincible and you should wait for your friends to try to kill us lol

Or maybe 10 troopers lol
    I have no idea what you just said but as I have said before not the whole body just arm or head maybe, not tanks