criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

The Roadmap

Replies

• Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    how they said "the roadmap will suffer some changes", so :
    How is Clone Wars Season, so will have to have Droidekas and ARC trooper, a good mode to put them in the game is bring to the game the new Reinforcement, the famous "Sentinel"
    the Blaster Cannon,( of the Star wars Battlefront 2015) that could turn for 360 degrees, could be a abiulities from the ARC trooper, beacuse could be equivalent the shield of Droidekas.
    I would like much this new reinforcement in the game.

Have a feeling we'll get the limited of whatever - feel negative noting that but I really do NOT see DICE really balling out. Hope is all we have and unlike Ep 4 it feels like it is waning...
  • Finally obi wan YEEEEESSSSS now l can run around saying "hello there" XD

• Also August update may be between august 3 and august 26

Wow. Eliminated a whole 6 days from the possibility range. Guessing that is the official figure, though. :(
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Make Extraction permanent for eternity and add a lot more maps + include Sullust for all ground modes.
  • If we do not get Umbara, I will scream. Might have to be in another season, though. Such large map potential... City, woods, air base, ridge, landing site, space... You get the idea.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • If we do not get Umbara, I will scream. Might have to be in another season, though. Such large map potential... City, woods, air base, ridge, landing site, space... You get the idea.

The only planet that begins with a U that should make it in is Utapau.
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    He was removed Because his lightning can go through walls he should be back next hotfix scheduled to be coming between now and August

It didn't go through walls.

I was killed six times in a row by a Palpatine who stayed behind a wall near the spawn and farmed me.

It only went through walls if he tracked you and went behind cover.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I would like to know when they will add to the road map
    Maps,skins,guns ,characters or whatever
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I would like to know when they will add to the road map
    Maps,skins,guns ,characters or whatever

August.
    Post edited by Devlin21 on
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• hra8amgfhyj3.png

That comment “at the time I wrote that comment, it was true” makes it sound like there are definitely less than 100 people working on the game now.
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    hra8amgfhyj3.png

That comment “at the time I wrote that comment, it was true” makes it sound like there are definitely less than 100 people working on the game now.

Definitely worrying.

keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• There's my problem
    Allways change ping site to get games
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    The devs are on it - nice and good...presents for Christmas.
  • Dash
    11734 posts Member
    Kniphtee wrote: »

Your comment inspired my reply :lol:
    885k52v0p1xu.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• A game with unlimited potential, but seems like its been mismanaged so bad its unrecoverable, sad.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Deleted
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• SomberingJace
    897 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I for one am okay if you can promise this is not the last content/character additions to the game from this era as well as any other moving past the winter

@F8RGE
    feel the force Sombering Jace
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Your comment inspired my reply :lol:
    885k52v0p1xu.gif

That is hilarious - need many a shot to do something like that and 21 was that many years ago...
  • If possible can you try to add luke Skywalker bespin skin please
  • gbm
    367 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    A game with unlimited potential, but seems like its been mismanaged so bad its unrecoverable, sad.

This has always been my position on it all.....*this* easily should've been one of the most successful video games ever; with endless add on potential. Rather, it has turned into amature hour at the video game making place.
  • DarthJ
    6927 posts Member
    hra8amgfhyj3.png

Someone will try to defend this.

'well its because....errr....less devs is...better?'
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • UrbanGlitch
    3574 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »
    hra8amgfhyj3.png

Someone will try to defend this.

'well its because....errr....less devs is...better?'

I don’t know why they don’t just come out and say “sorry but there aren’t many of us working on the game, but we are still trying our hardest”
    I think that is exactly what is happening and if they made a statement like that, fans and players alike would most likely understand, albeit drop their standards for future content but enjoy the game for what is is and currently has.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • someone here already played Lego Star Wars III ? have a mode of game where have a map and some points in the map to be conquested, when the point is conquisted it turns in color blue, and when the point isn't conquisted it turn in the color red.
    when you conquested a point in the map, this point give you the chance of choose some object(vehicles, troopes, shields, equipament, AT-ST, AR-RT, and much more), how much objects or which the point offer to you choose? depend amount of points conquisted.
    and other thing much interesting about this game is the map, it isn't very elaborate or laborious, it'simple and funny, not that games with graphics perfects no will be simple and funny.
    but this is problem !! Lego star wars III's graphics are LEGO(blocks and more bocks), but think in this game whith the grafics offered from developer of DICE, and others. This game would be very cool, of course.
    maybe the new big mode that they are bringing us are similar, OR NO !!!! OR NO !!! (don't create hype, usualy hype to Star Wars is going bad, very bad)
    I don't now if will have a Star Wars Battlefront 3, but if will exists so I think that put this mode in the game is a good idea, wwhat do you think about this ?
  • While there is some promising content this roadmap falls short of expectations. What is confirmed should be one update all together and it shouldn't be a mystery what other content might be added. Maybe if they could finally release a patch that wasn't filled with bugs and constantly have to go back to the drawing board more focus could be placed on content.
  • duvelsuper
    1205 posts Member
    We want new starfighter missions not new modes !You're not listening to us !

{EA_Lanna: removed a few exclamation points as per the rules on formatting}

new maps not missions.
  • I'd be excited, except I haven't been able to play a MP game in 8 days due to empty lobbies every single time I tried and I tried a lot. MP is completely *****
  • Scrapper_142
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I believe that the clone wars season will be coming in November because ea and dice are always 1 or 2 months late fall starts in late September to late December the second half of clone wars season should come in late February or march
  • Hope we get some reuse maps like bespin- Cloud city

Well, I figured that was a given already, like Mustafar.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • I believe that the clone wars season will be coming in November because ea and dice are always 1 or 2 months late fall starts in late September to late December the second half of clone wars season should come in late February or march

Well... EA always goes by their fiscal year, which won't end until March 31st. Winter doesn't end until March 20th. Based on this... Geonosis COULD come as late as March 19th, and still technically not be a lie. Let's hope it's sooner, though.
    ==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1
  • The only solution is the boycott.

I'm a fan of Battlefield too but i won't buy the Battlefield V neither nothing more from DICE.

Not more i will pay for beta games neither lies of free DLCs.

Feels pretty crappy paying extra money to play the limted content early.. sure you get a lil advantage of knowing the maps a lil better than the prople who wait for black friday..but then they give everyone the extra slot and make so called qol improvements. Seemed like a smack to the face when those 300 credit for top player. Hard to imagine how difficult the lag and leveling was, most dont want to..mainly because were still waiting for the game to be as amazing as advertised.. EA you destroy hope lol one thing you do without fail.
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Assuming this isn't a Rand McNally, do we know when the devs will update times, dates, info and so on?
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of DICE's Battlefront 2? I thought not. It’s not a story EA would tell you. It’s a lesson in making video games. EA received exclusive rights to make star wars games for Disney, the frnachise was so powerful and had so much potential they could use its popularity alone to influence video game sales and create profits … DICE had such a knowledge of multiplayer team based shooters they thought they could double down on microtransactions and pay to win progression, and the community would be silent. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many live service monetization tactics some consider to be unnatural. Battlefront 2 hype became so powerful before launch… the only thing that EA was afraid of was losing their power, which eventually, of course, they did. Unfortunately, EA launched the game with so many blatant money grab tactics, then the community turned on them and fought back. Ironic. DICE could make other great multiplayer shooters, but not with star wars license.

Wow, cool.
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of DICE's Battlefront 2? I thought not. It’s not a story EA would tell you. It’s a lesson in making video games. EA received exclusive rights to make star wars games for Disney, the frnachise was so powerful and had so much potential they could use its popularity alone to influence video game sales and create profits … DICE had such a knowledge of multiplayer team based shooters they thought they could double down on microtransactions and pay to win progression, and the community would be silent. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many live service monetization tactics some consider to be unnatural. Battlefront 2 hype became so powerful before launch… the only thing that EA was afraid of was losing their power, which eventually, of course, they did. Unfortunately, EA launched the game with so many blatant money grab tactics, then the community turned on them and fought back. Ironic. DICE could make other great multiplayer shooters, but not with star wars license.

Then the Clan Order arrived after the fall of the EAmpire.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    I feel tentative to request much more as (it seems) most of the devs are working on another game (or two) and this was last years project - however the roadmap is a great beginning to work in more good stuff - so push forward and see what the community can achieve...more extraction maps please.
  • I’m excited actually for this roadmap. Large scale mode? Sounds like they’re making the maps bigger so I can actually maneuver. And these new heroes??? It’s about damn time we put clone WARS in BATTLEfront lol I mean come on people it’s the clone WARS and we never thought about putting it in?
  • It's obvious that DICE no longer cares about this game or it's fans.

It's taken nearly A YEAR to get the Clone Wars content people have been asking for, and even then, there's no concrete evidence it'll happen.
  • AzorAhai
    1403 posts Member
    The glass is half full.
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    The glass is half full.

But is it bubbly? Come in the 12 ounce variety? Agreed, it is half full and there's hope.

I just saw the first of a three episode story arc in Umbra in th CW series. I have to admit it’s an outstanding visual. Huge clone war battle with Captain Rex in he spotlight.
  • Kniphtee wrote: »
    The glass is half full.

But is it bubbly? Come in the 12 ounce variety? Agreed, it is half full and there's hope.

It's brown and bubbly, like diet coke.
  • I’m excited actually for this roadmap. Large scale mode? Sounds like they’re making the maps bigger so I can actually maneuver. And these new heroes??? It’s about **** time we put clone WARS in BATTLEfront lol I mean come on people it’s the clone WARS and we never thought about putting it in?
    The glass is half full.
    I would even say 3/4 full, notice how the game mode comes a month before Geonosis... More than one map. Probobly Theed, judging by concept art... And the fact that the buildings function as obstacles and such. Just need to move the boundary line there...
    If we do not get Umbara, I will scream. Might have to be in another season, though. Such large map potential... City, woods, air base, ridge, landing site, space... You get the idea.

I just saw the first of a three episode story arc in Umbra in th CW series. I have to admit it’s an outstanding visual. Huge clone war battle with Captain Rex in he spotlight.

Season 4 Battle Lines. They can make that one paid for all I care.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

That is a HORRIBLE story. I would hate to be one of the people who lived through that. It sounds like a nightmare. Almost like the worst kind of thing that could happen to a very dedicated community. It sounds like Freddy Kruger is a proctologist. The only thing that would make it worse if the game had so many bugs, glitches and coding problems that the game was never fun to play and every time they tried to fix it they released more bugs. If that was the case, I would be so upset with these people you call EEEE AYEE.

That is a HORRIBLE story. I would hate to be one of the people who lived through that. It sounds like a nightmare. Almost like the worst kind of thing that could happen to a very dedicated community. It sounds like Freddy Kruger is a proctologist. The only thing that would make it worse if the game had so many bugs, glitches and coding problems that the game was never fun to play and every time they tried to fix it they released more bugs. If that was the case, I would be so upset with these people you call EEEE AYEE.
    They can still fix it, right? And it is pronounced eeeeyay!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    The glass is half full.

Diet Coke is only good with a decent bourbon...just saying...unless you are a captain fan...got late sage Lyme so I take what I can get - life is rough sometimes.
  • When will come on the the roadmap update ? and what talk is that about Utapau ?
    ( the unique planet that starts with U is Utapau)
    who said will have a new planet that starts with U ? I don't seen this in anywhere.
    And if would have, very problably would be Utapau and not Unbara, because Unbara is from TCW series and they give priority to live actions. not that if they add Unbara would be good, would be very great.
    Besides that Utapau, Grivous and Obi-wan does more sense that Unbara, Grivous and Obi-wan.
  • When will come on the the roadmap update ? and what talk is that about Utapau ?
    ( the unique planet that starts with U is Utapau)
    who said will have a new planet that starts with U ? I don't seen this in anywhere.
    And if would have, very problably would be Utapau and not Unbara, because Unbara is from TCW series and they give priority to live actions. not that if they add Unbara would be good, would be very great.
    Besides that Utapau, Grivous and Obi-wan does more sense that Unbara, Grivous and Obi-wan.

Umbara. And Utapau. But they never said anything about these, just our wishlist. :frowning: And yes, I know Utapau would take priority, but Umbara is waaaay cooler and would work great with the new mode... Just sayin.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »

haha well it was mostly about the episode 3 quote. I actually spent a lot of time on going back and forth between the actual quote and typing this. I went through 3 versions before I thought it was acceptable. sad I know. I should do more with my life than come on this forum and try to tie star wars quotes to the status of the game. but hey it's a video game forum so we can all have a little fun when we have time outside of normal hectic life, as long as its constructive and follow forum rules.