criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

The Roadmap

Replies

• Agherosh wrote: »
    OK, so, this roadmap is clearly incredibly thin on details but it does say, "More content and features to be confirmed in future roadmap updates", so at least we know this isn't everything.

That’s just a disclaimer to give people a bunch of false hope, so they keep playing the game. If an actual promoted season is underwhelming, consider how underwhelming “more content and features” will be.

Ben literally said there is more stuff in the internal roadmap, that can be added and dates can change at any time, we'll have the next updated roadmap in August.

Okay, but I’m saying it will be underwhelming, minor content.
  • gbm
    367 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Its crazy when you think about it...

This game could've and should've been one of the best video games in a long time....it's mindboggling to see how mishandled eveything has been.

There are countless little things that could've been done to satisfied the most die hard players , like bringing over BF1 maps in the meantime....but to no avail.
  • Great - thank you; if you are in Sweden Ben then you still left the office in daylight ;-)

Hero mode for SA = easy levelling up for Hero Ships; since SA is my main mode I really appreciate this!
  • So on a positive note...are we getting new hero ships with the new mode next month?
    We at least have to be getting some new villain ships, right?

I'll play around with those for a bit.

Hope so
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • For the record let me make it clear that I do enjoy this game and I do think it's actually a good game now. I don't feel cheated having bought it, just disappointed that content that would truly reinvigorate my interest isn't coming until the end of the year.

I was hoping for something to keep me interested in the mean time, even if it was just downloading a small update and playing for a week to a month to remind me I liked the game, instead I find that my time with the game is probably going to be done for the time being really soon, and I'm disappointed in that.

• ARZVEL
    123 posts Member
    I will choose to look forward to it. I really hope y'all update the roadmap soon, but I am looking forward to this season. Please add new starfighters with this new mode. This is really hard, but I am looking forward to it.

They will give us Nien & Lando Milenium Falcon
    OK, so, this roadmap is clearly incredibly thin on details but it does say, "More content and features to be confirmed in future roadmap updates", so at least we know this isn't everything.

That’s just a disclaimer to give people a bunch of false hope, so they keep playing the game. If an actual promoted season is underwhelming, consider how underwhelming “more content and features” will be.

Ben literally said there is more stuff in the internal roadmap, that can be added and dates can change at any time, we'll have the next updated roadmap in August.

Oh, look at all those new human resistance & rebel heads...

ydzo9eutw915.gif

• What if we could pay a subscription or something, so dice can get enough support to continue and get more devs back on the game while not diving the playerbase
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • I'm really excited, especially for a mode where it will be easier to get hero ships (hopefully a starship version of heroes vs villains)!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Kinda underwhelming...
    But I didn't buy this game solely on the promises of DLC so I'll get over it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

ydzo9eutw915.gif

Stomtroopers first order and battle droids have yet to get any skins
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

ydzo9eutw915.gif

Stomtroopers first order and battle droids have yet to get any skins

Pffffft, this should’ve been something on day-Frisking-one...
  • Very underwhelming and disappointing, was really expecting Clone Wars Season to be in September with the new Cadence of Content Release. The roadmap feels that it shows how much resources have been removed from the game and they are really trying to stretch things out. With the current pricing of crystals I don't expect the game to bring in much more revenue, so my excitement for coming content is definitely waning.

I will probably still play and enjoy what is coming, but the can't wait factor is currently in a slump and more of a meh.
  • why is this game 89.93gb? are all the fundamental game changes they have made(which took months) just work arounds of core mechanics that were coded from conception? (which result in many issues the game has), my guess is they are chasing their tail, and knowing ea it will be in the next one,

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    What if we could pay a subscription or something, so dice can get enough support to continue and get more devs back on the game while not diving the playerbase

I doubt it's because of the support, they just pulled most of the team to work on BF V. They could literally get easy money and support if they put out content and skins out more often with a bigger team.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • ross42899
    1517 posts Member
    Long wait. I wish there were some bf2015 ports in there in the meantime.

I think they should add at least a BF2015 Sullust extraction/blast/arcade map and a few infantry skins (Sullustan/Shadow Scout/Shocktrooper/Imperial Pauldron colors etc.) from Bf2015 in between.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Kinda underwhelming...
    But I didn't buy this game solely on the promises of DLC so I'll get over it.

I agree with this.
    I was just as disappointed in the Solo season but I got over it, I had fun with what was there, but I'm still disappointed that there was so much more that could've been done.

I'll get over my disappointment in whatever is coming down the pipe, but I don't know that I'll be playing very long before season 3.
  • I like what I see but I hope that’s not everything ?
  • Thanks Ben! I would rather have Grevious, Obi Wan, and the new large scale game mode over Geonosis first anyway so I'm fine with this. I know some others are disappointed about it coming in Decemeber but a new map will get just as stale if it's only for GA. We desperately need variety over anything else. GA is the only large scale game mode right now.
  • JoeDavids10
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Amazing c:
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Okay so just add Corusant, Utapau, and Mustafar along with Jango Fett and Mace Windu And I’m a happy man. Complete the full Clone Wars experience next year.
  • Long wait. I wish there were some bf2015 ports in there in the meantime.

Agree, give us Hoth beta base, sullust, tatoonie dune sea and scaffic
  • Zyder
    448 posts Member
    This is pure lame, laziness at the top. The great DICE, that brought us the Battlefield series, which lot of content, this is the best they can do in half a year?

Honestly some people should get fired to bring fresh ideas to Battlefront II.

With this I suppose we will get new Maps from that large-escale mode fall 2019 don't we?

• Cwebb1886 wrote: »
    Okay so just add Corusant, Utapau, and Mustafar along with Jango Fett and Mace Windu And I’m a happy man. Complete the full Clone Wars experience next year.

Mustafar and Jango Fett should be a must in the Clone Wars DLC
  • Apparition wrote: »
    Cwebb1886 wrote: »
    Okay so just add Corusant, Utapau, and Mustafar along with Jango Fett and Mace Windu And I’m a happy man. Complete the full Clone Wars experience next year.

Mustafar and Jango Fett should be a must in the Clone Wars DLC

We should get corusant season with jango and padme and mustydar update and this game would be fully complete.
  • haddon
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Happy to finally have this road map, even if it is not precise enough for my taste compared to the dates. A little disappointed by the content announced, not bad, but not complete enough. Not to mention the wait time before you can really have fun. Several months of waiting to have a single new planet ... 4 super heroes on the other hand, I can not wait to test them, but like several months of waiting to test them. Go your own new soldiers or sentinel class, with Droidekas for example with this new content of clone wars, geonosian soldier, new vehicle like the droid spider and new modes, like the domination mode and new planets, Mustaphar, Utapau ... If you could just give us more interesting things before it would be better, thank you all the same for working on improving the game and that the strength is with you!

They literally say all kinds of stuff.
    Zyder wrote: »
    This is pure lame, laziness at the top. The great DICE, that brought us the Battlefield series, which lot of content, this is the best they can do in half a year?

Honestly some people should get fired to bring fresh ideas to Battlefront II.

With this I suppose we will get new Maps from that large-escale mode fall 2019 don't we?

Disney needs to pull the license.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Quite a roadmap that is...
    Sums up like "Soon: Some stuff. Later: Geonosis and stuff... and maybe some other stuff but we don't know yet... but most likely not."

By the way, "winter" ends March 20th.... and they didn't say Christmas.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    I dont get people disappointments with this. At this point, its pretty much your fault when you have weird expactations.

Ben Valke also tweeted that they are already prepared to release the patch notes for the July Update, so I guess we will see that one in less than 14 days from now.

Revamped saber combat (which is vastly needed and should definitely be up on the priority list) together with a actually new game mode. A game mode all the people I now were asking for. Finally we get to fly our hero ships on a regular bases and can level them.

If they keep the frequency of useful patches and small content updates as they do now, from Solo Part 1 to the July Update, thats completely fine for me.

Though Im quite said the revamp of the squad system wont arrive until fall, Im still looking forward to the release of clone trooper skins and purchaseable emotes in August (though August could definitely need more content as of now)

However. This roadmap showed nothing unexpected, rather than needed confirmation of things we already knew.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Quite a roadmap that is...
    Sums up like "Soon: Some stuff. Later: Geonosis and stuff... and maybe some other stuff but we don't know yet... but most likely not."

almost as if there's an entire debate going on another Thread about this very thing

• JediPacoElFlaco
    1475 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Confirmed! This game died today.

EA killed this game. It isn't a problem from the gamers, there is much more hungry of contents . Even if it's necesary paying. But EA already abandoned this game last months ago. They tricked with the free DLCs. They didn't put necesary money to save it at no time.

6 months more to have only 4 heroes, a only map (terrible!) and only skins for clone troopers (that they are prepared months ago). Not new weapons, not new class.

Pathetic!

My last Battlefront.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Quite a roadmap that is...

With christmas being the prime time of the industry, I think we can assume that they'll arrive close to it.
    It wouldnt make sense to release them after all the kids good their presents and the grown-ups spend all their money on egg-nog and strippers.

Edit:
    Confirmed! This game died today.
    EA killed this game. It isn't a problem from the gamers, there is much more hungry of contents . Even if it's necesary paying. But EA already abandoned this game last months ago. They tricked with the free DLCs. They didn't put necesary money to save it at no time.
    6 months more to have only 4 heroes, a only map (terrible!) and only skins for clone troopers (that they are prepared months ago). Not new weapons, not new class.
    Pathetic!

Where did they say "only clone skins"? Not releasing anymore hero skins wouldnt make any sense.
    Where did they say "no new weapons"? Mods for standard weapons are in work afaik
    Where did they say "no new classes"? They are working on new reinforcements for months, most likely ARC troopers and droidekas.

Btw. this game was declared dead so often, it seems very hard to kill it by now.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Well there seems to be plenty of clone customization, which I for one am greatly looking forward to!
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    wow 1 map after all that time lol
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • So new characters aren't even in August?
    We have to wait another 5 months minimum for new playable content?
    This game will be a ghost town by then with cod BO4, and bfv coming out, you know what I gave it a chance I really did but this takes the biscuit I'm patient but not that patient when new BETTER games are coming out to wait for dribbles from this game.
    Bugger it I'm selling it, farewell guys :'(
  • Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    Good start, great to see the direction the game is going in. I also appreciate that not everything can be shared and hope that others will understand that to.

Thank you for the road map, it’s renewed my interest and shows that you are still committed.
  • Appreciate the roadmap @F8RGE. I can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed though sorry. This is all content that was already announced. The time to release this content seems very long - almost like there is a skeleton crew which makes me sad. I love this game and want it to succeed but we desperately need new heroes, villains, reinforcements (where are those droidekas?!), weapons and most importantly maps to keep things interesting. Feel like this was an opportunity missed to continue the momentum after EA Play. Hopefully more to come.
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    Dennis confirmed in March that player stats will be added later. @F8RGE - would you be able to give an update on the addition of player stats?
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
  • darthsbro
    106 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    My god what has happened to SW fans? Just [removed] and whining about absolutely everything, even good news. It's toxic!

Are your diapers full or something?

It's not the winning but the taking part.... and winning
  • Kerle wrote: »
    I dont get people disappointments with this. At this point, its pretty much your fault when you have weird expactations.

Ben Valke also tweeted that they are already prepared to release the patch notes for the July Update, so I guess we will see that one in less than 14 days from now.

Revamped saber combat (which is vastly needed and should definitely be up on the priority list) together with a actually new game mode. A game mode all the people I now were asking for. Finally we get to fly our hero ships on a regular bases and can level them.

If they keep the frequency of useful patches and small content updates as they do now, from Solo Part 1 to the July Update, thats completely fine for me.

Though Im quite said the revamp of the squad system wont arrive until fall, Im still looking forward to the release of clone trooper skins and purchaseable emotes in August (though August could definitely need more content as of now)

However. This roadmap showed nothing unexpected, rather than needed confirmation of things we already knew.

I agree mostly. I think the 1 new big map in pretty much a year is what’s putting people off. Maybe some bf2015 maps to go with the new big game mode this fall would help.

But overall I’m happy with the content, it’s just the timing that’s a bit off. We may have all been blowing it out of proportion a bit with our disappointment though after looking at it again.

6 months is just soooooo long....

• Dezert wrote: »
    Dennis confirmed in March that player stats will be added later. @F8RGE - would you be able to give an update on the addition of player stats?

No he didn't. Loosely paraphrased he said it's on their list. There was no promise no commitment no date.

• New_Roosterman
    543 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    "Improvements in matchmaking"? If it is anything like the live trials they had earlier this month get ready for more sitting in empty lobbies and games still being lopsided :|
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I just hope they put in a few maps in extraction in the next 2 months for the sake of a good rotation.
    I'm happy there is a road maps and i have easily got my money's worth playing this game.
    Can't wait to see and play the new large scale mode in 3 months.
    But if we don't get new maps in game rotations this game will be boring and to repetitive.
    Maps maps maps
  • DirectX 12 fix? Lag fix or even an acknowledgement of the problem? When will Crait return or will it? How about an announcement of the road map to fix your bugs? Or is the silent treatment on all of your bugs and broken content still standard policy?

Nothing of any significance here at all. Delays and the unspoken promise of more bugs and failures. Plus the new boss looks just like the old boss now.
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Dezert wrote: »

No he didn't. Loosely paraphrased he said it's on their list. There was no promise no commitment no date.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Dezert wrote: »

Yes, he did. That was in March during work on progression system. It's June now.

"It's coming, but it's not at the top of the list right now. We're still tracking the stats though for when it's ready!"
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
  • KazJim
    45 posts Member
    @F8RGE - Fantastic work on the intel -really appreciate your efforts - you speak as one of us, and a true fan ...

It's a pity that this has been forsaken, and I for one am very disappointed.

Cheaters, bugs and lack of gameplay content are killing this, other developers are getting this right... I guess I'll support them.

GA is the core of this game, and the next update to that is ... months away? when the only 'extra content' we had for it was Crait, and it's currently AWOL with no idea of when/if it will return.

Oh well, time to move to a new game and check in on this one when they deem GA to be a worthwhile game mode to improve.

Yes, you can #HavemyStuff
  • Alwe15
    1465 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    What a bunch of entitled, impossible to please, whinging [remove] the players of BFII really are. Once the DLC mentioned in this Road Map has dropped the content in this game will far exceed that of BFI! If you can recall, new DLC was charged for in that game and I don't remember half as much [remove] and moaning about that.

I completely understand players providing feedback on bugs and broken elements but this persistent stream of negativity is wearing thin. I am wholly surprised that the developers haven't given a big f u and cancelled future fixes and content. Must be so damn demoralising.