criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

The Roadmap

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Kinda underwhelming...
    But I didn't buy this game solely on the promises of DLC so I'll get over it.

I agree with this.
    I was just as disappointed in the Solo season but I got over it, I had fun with what was there, but I'm still disappointed that there was so much more that could've been done.

I'll get over my disappointment in whatever is coming down the pipe, but I don't know that I'll be playing very long before season 3.

I skipped the Solo season entirely and don't regret it at all.

You're not alone.
    0xus8qt8gis5.gif
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Kinda underwhelming...
    But I didn't buy this game solely on the promises of DLC so I'll get over it.

I agree with this.
    I was just as disappointed in the Solo season but I got over it, I had fun with what was there, but I'm still disappointed that there was so much more that could've been done.

I'll get over my disappointment in whatever is coming down the pipe, but I don't know that I'll be playing very long before season 3.

I skipped the Solo season entirely and don't regret it at all.

What solo season?
    More like a trailer ;)
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    So only Clone Wars trooper skins??
    Not much there ... would have liked to see more trooper skins for each faction, not just Clone Wars.
    You do realize that just because they are loud, it is only a fraction of the player base that wants strictly Clone Wars stuff ... no new SA maps listed either ... :|
  • i hope to hear this from @F8RGE in the coming days...

"As i have mentioned in the Important Disclaimer, more content and features will be added in future roadmap updates upon confirmation. To add on, we are looking to update the Roadmap again soon once the July update patch is out, along with unannounced surprise content bonuses that will be sure to make our Bf2 Community happy.. so stay tuned "

:D
  • i hope to hear this from @F8RGE in the coming days...

"As i have mentioned in the Important Disclaimer, more content and features will be added in future roadmap updates upon confirmation. To add on, we are looking to update the Roadmap again soon once the July update patch is out, along with unannounced surprise content bonuses that will be sure to make our Bf2 Community happy.. so stay tuned "

:D

Don't hold your breath.
  • unit900000
    3565 posts Member
    ongoing efforts gave me a good laugh you mean those on going efforts sense launch? Lmao
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    What a bunch of entitled, impossible to please, whinging [email protected]@rd5 the players of BFII really are. Once the DLC mentioned in this Road Map has dropped the content in this game will far exceed that of BFI!

Not exactly setting a very high bar there.
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    I am wholly surprised that the developers haven't given a big f u and cancelled future fixes and content. Must be so **** demoralising.

I wouldn't honestly mind that so much honestly. With Geonosis coming in Christmas (or maybe later in Winter) there'll be lots of new and promising games to check out by then. Plus EA already kind of did basically give up once their lootboxes blew up in their face, hence the drought we have now. I'm amazed they are even doing a Clone Wars update at all, and I won't be surprised if its the last since they will have 'supported' the game for a year by that point.
  • Cave_Miner wrote: »
    We have to wait until winter for Geonosis and Anakin :s :(

I am goad. Because the new Conquest type mode comes out before then, meaning it is available on more maps...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • there... August looking better now

HuVj4l4.jpg

• I am appalled to see this ‘roadmap.’ I wasn’t expecting anything out of this, but I am not happy.

Lol to turning sabers off and on manually, a feature that was in the predecessor game and there should have been no reason to not have had the same feature in this one at launch or implemented many months ago.

There is clearly no team working on this game.

Pathetic.
    What a bunch of entitled, impossible to please, whinging [email protected]@rd5 the players of BFII really are. Once the DLC mentioned in this Road Map has dropped the content in this game will far exceed that of BFI! If you can recall, new DLC was charged for in that game and I don't remember half as much ****!ng and moaning about that.

I completely understand players providing feedback on bugs and broken elements but this persistent stream of negativity is wearing thin. I am wholly surprised that the developers haven't given a big f u and cancelled future fixes and content. Must be so **** demoralising.

The lack of content is insane, and it's understandable for people to be frustrated.
    When the new content was announced people were fine with the ongoing Solo "season" being small because it was assumed fall meant "Late August-September", not "Fall/Winter".

It's taken a whole year to get a second real update, and the content in between Last Jedi and Clone Wars hasn't been all that great.

Skins are fine, but they only have value if the game is worth playing, and the game is only worth playing if enough new content is coming out.

I think everyone was banking on enough decent content coming out to keep their mind on this game and then having the new content soon enough to be completely into playing it again, and what we got is that it's going to be a 5-6 month wait for the new season and that what's coming in between isn't anything to write home about.

I know it's not fair to compare to Fortnite because it's the hottest thing since sliced bread right now, but they whip out "seasons" like Solo in a week.
  • I’m starting to think that there are only 3 people working on this game, the devs we know of on twitter. Lol. They’re probably treating this game as a hobby or a side project just for the LULs.

I don’t know man. I can’t say anything on this game’s future, since it’s so far away.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    You know what the funny thing is too? I bet at least one or all of these is going to get pushed back
  • tankertoad
    6367 posts Member
    Saber91 wrote: »
    You know what the funny thing is too? I bet at least one or all of these is going to get pushed back

So true though. Lol.

I can't wait for some donce to try to explain to me what the spring season in Sweden is.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Today I played clone wars.... Oops! Battlefront 2 2005! Lol. I'm going back to ninja mode too lol! Ea/Dice dice lol rolling craps game lol
  • I'm getting a PC and down load some og bf2 2005 mods
  • JMaster
    2271 posts Member
    Whelp... there we go. I just... don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I think this song sums up my feeling pretty well.
    Thanks for getting it out there, but... oh well.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Reading this roadmap today was very demoralizing. Judging by the train wreck on Twitter, I feel the better move would have been to say "Hey, at this point we are just not ready to release a road map" or maybe not wait until the day of to say oh wait we may not be ready. There have been many that have spent months telling people bashing this game that things are getting better. This game has been my main content on stream since November. Today, I will be making content changes.
    JoricGaming
    Star Wars Content Creator and Mixer Partner
    http://mixer.com/joricgaming
    @JoricGaming
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    So much anticipation before, so little excitement now. Good to see the open communication of major “confirmed” content, but this graphic doesn’t add much. I was hoping to see A few maps confirmed before the CW season... maybe BF15 ports?

Whoever is running sales for BF2 MTX must be either pulling their hair out or sleeping on the job themself. They could be making so much more money with more skins and content for purchase beyond the 3 different clone trooper skins they’re about to offer in August.

Seriously! They offer too little content to actually make money off of it.

There are so many ways they could generate money; for instance make victory poses by taking the models they already have and putting them in a certain position, and then sell them for a small amount of credits and crystals. They could make a huge amount of these really quickly. It's almost no work but would bring in money.
  • I know people hate it when this game is compared to Fortnite, but I was reading about how much the average player spends on that game. £50 + for the avergage, not whale, or dolphin, average player. If you build it, they will come and pay.

So...you're not really keen on how averages work. Okay.
  • @F8RGE A little interstellar turbulence from all directions but good to see you are still in attack formation. Well done Rogue V.
    #StarWars-y
  • DWB1873
    176 posts Member
    Er... is that it? :|
  • DWB1873 wrote: »
    Er... is that it? :|

a0fwl5m5siis.gif
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • The road map is polarizing, info greatly appreciated yet disappointing.

Really bummed on the wait time for new heroes.... I mean winter? Our only new heroes Finn and Phasma were dropped last December , heroes that were not high on anyone's wish list....
    So we are having to wait an entire year for heroes we really want, that likely should have been available at launch? I just don't get it.

I agree with the community, a lot of great games will be out by winter... Wish you would reconsider and drop clone dlc heroes sooner,.

Regardless, still enjoy the game a lot, even with the bugs. Still appreciate the updates. Really enjoy extraction btw.

I will be using a lot of meditate emotes for sometime. Wooooosssahhhhh.
    What a bunch of entitled, impossible to please, whinging [email protected]@rd5 the players of BFII really are. Once the DLC mentioned in this Road Map has dropped the content in this game will far exceed that of BFI! If you can recall, new DLC was charged for in that game and I don't remember half as much ****!ng and moaning about that.

I completely understand players providing feedback on bugs and broken elements but this persistent stream of negativity is wearing thin. I am wholly surprised that the developers haven't given a big f u and cancelled future fixes and content. Must be so **** demoralising.

The lack of content is insane, and it's understandable for people to be frustrated.
    When the new content was announced people were fine with the ongoing Solo "season" being small because it was assumed fall meant "Late August-September", not "Fall/Winter".

It's taken a whole year to get a second real update, and the content in between Last Jedi and Clone Wars hasn't been all that great.

Skins are fine, but they only have value if the game is worth playing, and the game is only worth playing if enough new content is coming out.

I think everyone was banking on enough decent content coming out to keep their mind on this game and then having the new content soon enough to be completely into playing it again, and what we got is that it's going to be a 5-6 month wait for the new season and that what's coming in between isn't anything to write home about.

• Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Pretty disappointing if you consider that Crait, the last map added to GA will be 1 year old when finally one new map is added to that mod.

For many people this is the main mode they play, yet nothing is done to give people something new for it.
  • 99miki
    16 posts Member
    100 people still involved in this game. I take it from this roadmap, the tea lady is not pulling her weight? Fire her!

So all those who said paid DLC splits the community, is this what free DLC looks like? Of course it is. You get what you do/don't pay for.

I know people hate it when this game is compared to Fortnite, but I was reading about how much the average player spends on that game. £50 + for the avergage, not whale, or dolphin, average player. If you build it, they will come and pay.

SWBF1 Season pass - 8 heroes, 16 maps, hutt contracts, weapons, star cards, customisation.

SWBF2 after 6 month and with another 2-3months possibly without delays 2 new heroes.

Love the die hard defenders saying thanks for these crumbs of info.

Think on this -

1. Where is the money going to come from if theres nothing to buy? Shouldn't it be every week or at the very least Fortnite ( :wink: )
    2. If this roadmap leads possible into next year and it's pretty bare boned, what's on for next year?
    3. Once people that are not big star wars fans leave (I contest they already have within the first couple of months), who's left to keep the game going? Where's the income coming from then?
    4. Can this really compete in the fall and winter with massive titles coming out?
    5. Is it all JJ, Rian and KKs fault? :wink:

This roadmap really tells me a lot when some of the hardcore defenders are starting to change their tune and the real hardcore of the hardcore are trying to spin this or doing what Disney does best, attack those who aren't happy calling us whiners and such.

Ahh, Red Dead, take my money, bet you have content and you're online western style multiplayer is calling to me so much.

Fifa, take my money, give me my Maradona and Zico (Bah pack weight).

COD Black ops 4, er get lost.

Spiderman, take my money...

Star Wars Battlefront 2, welcome to the family of TLJ and Solo. Rubbish and meh.

P.S. If Battlefront 2 released now as is, with a Season pass with 4 DLCs, all roadmapped with heroes, content, new maps, I bet a lot more people would still be playing this game and less howls of disapointment.

Don't buy into EAs "Paid DLC splits playerbase", guess what really splits playerbase, no content.

I completely agree with every word!!!

The same situation was happened to Titanfall 2, free dlc = 1 new + 3 refurbish map

• Setgang6
    206 posts Member
    KazJim wrote: »
    @F8RGE - Fantastic work on the intel -really appreciate your efforts - you speak as one of us, and a true fan ...

It's a pity that this has been forsaken, and I for one am very disappointed.

Cheaters, bugs and lack of gameplay content are killing this, other developers are getting this right... I guess I'll support them.

GA is the core of this game, and the next update to that is ... months away? when the only 'extra content' we had for it was Crait, and it's currently AWOL with no idea of when/if it will return.

Oh well, time to move to a new game and check in on this one when they deem GA to be a worthwhile game mode to improve.

Yes, you can #HavemyStuff

Couldn’t agree more.
  • Zirius
    357 posts Member
    At EA Play, Dennis said they're going "Deep" into the clone wars, so more to be expected besides the next 4 heroes and geonosis.More heroes, more locations. Also, he said geonosis will contain multiple levels, by levels he meant modes I think, and one of them he said it will be the largest level they've build in battlefront. I understand this large level will be the conquest mode we will be getting in winter, so we are expecting more modes. If I'm not wrong with this, maybe there is still hope.
  • Zirius wrote: »
    If I'm not wrong with this, maybe there is still hope.
    y0jyphx9zky8.gif

cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • Zirius wrote: »
    At EA Play, Dennis said they're going "Deep" into the clone wars, so more to be expected besides the next 4 heroes and geonosis.More heroes, more locations. Also, he said geonosis will contain multiple levels, by levels he meant modes I think, and one of them he said it will be the largest level they've build in battlefront. I understand this large level will be the conquest mode we will be getting in winter, so we are expecting more modes. If I'm not wrong with this, maybe there is still hope.

So if you’re to believe what Dennis said, the man that says your getting Tenderloin, but in fact it’s steak Canadian, then knowing how the community on here, Reddit and YouTube (Star Wars Hq excluded as they’re shills just like collider), surely you should be saying everything that’s coming and not hold back. Stick it to us naysers by not only telling everyone actually what’s coming, but actually produce it.

Nah mate, you have to understand spin. “Deep” is just flarn as you don’t produce a roadmap and leave important things off said roadmap.

The Reddit leaks appear to be true. No money from EA and by the looks of it, no one knowing how to make money moving forward.

• 0badmonkey0
    401 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You really think after today, there will be any player base at all come December with all the other games that don't have such [removed] reputations.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • The problem is the road map is on a off road dirt track
    When we were expecting a Highway lol ;)
  • greedo1980
    731 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Battlefront 2 now has only 3 guys in a basement working on it.

I hope whoever it was that signed off on the disastrous progression system that has blighted this game from launch has been sacked and left the industry. This is all their fault they should not be allowed near another game.

Still love HvV but this whole thing is a failure as a live service.
  • Very cool thanks
  • TheLoneJedii
    341 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The roadmap has finally been released! Thank you @F8RGE!

...Yet despite being thrilled that the wait is over, however, I am actually very disappointed in what is showing. :disappointed:

I mean, is this really the best thing Dice can do...? :cold_sweat:

Couldn't agree more, If that is the culmination of the next six months work, truly shows how many people are now working on this game, I would class that road map as one single update on any viable AAA game. I said back in January that they had given up on this game and that roadmap is a clear statement.

It is basically work for the interns to get on with. Warhorse studios is a fraction of the size and has maybe 1% of the resources available to EA and Dice yet they have added more content and have more upcoming DLC's than this and Kingdom Come Deliverance only released 4 months ago. Also even though its not in the same category, its a better game made for a fraction of the cost with no loot boxes either.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • Geonosis only in winter is a bit disappointing, but seeing the glass half full: if the new large-scale mode will come before Geonosis, it means that it won't be another one/two maps mode. That's good.
    I really hope to have more maps for GA and Strike. These modes are starting to get boring. Extraction really needs more maps as well. It needs Clone Wars and TFW era maps. Republic's Castle in Theed and Maz Kanata's Castle would make interesting Extraction maps.
  • AOD_MelournRex
    1649 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Just give us back the season pass module already so you can actually have decent funding other than the underwhelming cosmetics that you have given us so far. It's clear that the development team in the current stage is barebones compared to what it was before the release with the supposedly 120+ developers working on it.

And kindly don't repeat the same mistake whenever Battlefront 3 is released. Season pass together with cosmetic purchase. No P2P loot boxes.

Appreciate the open communication, Ben. No one can fault you for not communicating and you're doing your job as a Community Manager exceptionally well.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Summary: they will need 1 year to launch only a new galactic assault map, the main mode of this game.

In the roadmap it doesn't show droidekas, new classes, new weapons neither new star cards.

And this game still has much bugs like a beta.

In the develop of the new content, the order of priority has been completely wrong.

The only good they did in this months is introduce the extraction mode with th little map Kessel.

The responsable of this game must be fired now.

1bfioawlu399.png