criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The Roadmap

Replies

• UrbanGlitch
    3389 posts Member
    Landoluv wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Oh wow when exactly winter? @F8RGE
    Tootsie pop?

Guys, you gotta read the entire thing. THEY SPECIFICALLY TELL YOU MORE WILL BE ADDED AND THAT EVERYTHING WILL BECOME MORE DETAILED. I CANNOT BE LOUDER AND MORE OBVIOUS FOR YOU ALL.

But nothing new is on the roadmap, so why release it? Why not wait until the “other” stuff is added. Why isn’t that “other” stuff here anyway?
  • Landoluv wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Tootsie pop?

Guys, you gotta read the entire thing. THEY SPECIFICALLY TELL YOU MORE WILL BE ADDED AND THAT EVERYTHING WILL BECOME MORE DETAILED. I CANNOT BE LOUDER AND MORE OBVIOUS FOR YOU ALL.

Oh wow you know they're just leaving room for tiny things like skins, emotes and making a big deal out of fixing something that's broken. Don't continue to get your hopes up for secret Hero reveals or new planets for all modes.
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Tootsie pop?

you have to be realistic though, based on previous updates weve had since bf2015 and now how much do you think they will actually add? I wouldn't expect much. better to be presently surprised than become more enraged when speculative expectations are not met.
  • This new update sounds like fun.
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Tootsie pop?

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself more than the playerbase.

Shouting doesn't give your post more weight. Infact it's making you sound desperate.

We all can comment in what they've told us in the roadmap. The "other stuff" to come is...c0vjll73qddt.jpg

• stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    I'll believe more will be added when I start seeing actual additional content coming in over the course of several roadmaps. they will need to show through results over the course of several months before I believe.
  • Great Graphics!!!
  • Great Graphics!!!

Really cool and Vista's :wink:
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Is disappointing
  • Thank's for this awesome game!!!
  • I have a problem.Whenever I go to Option,Controls,and set my Stick Deadzone to 0% when I enter gameplay none of my characters can do taunts in gameplay,please help me?
  • Oh_
    2 posts Member
    Im waiting for a playable R2D2. Plus I know what the developers are going to do. They say they are going to release stuff so late but actually they will release it earlier so we can be proud of them. TRUST ME

• Oh_
    2 posts Member
    Oh_ wrote: »
    Im waiting for a playable R2D2. Plus I know what the developers are going to do. They say they are going to release stuff so late but actually they will release it earlier so we can be proud of them. TRUST ME

• When I go to option,controls,& set my stick deadzone to 0% and start gameplay none of my characters can do a taunt & they walk to the right without me moving my controller please help me?
  • AzorAhai
    1381 posts Member
    When I go to option,controls,& set my stick deadzone to 0% and start gameplay none of my characters can do a taunt & they walk to the right without me moving my controller please help me?

I had the same problem in the past.

Set it to a higher percentage (6 or 8% maybe). Test it out. If you're still having the same problem, set it higher. If not, work your way down, testing it each step of the way.
  • Anapoda
    745 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Man, we will never have poor Qui-Gon in any game lol.

He was in the movie too you know!! He was in the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Tootsie pop?

Shouting doesn't give your post more weight. Infact it's making you sound desperate.

We all can comment in what they've told us in the roadmap. The "other stuff" to come is...c0vjll73qddt.jpg

Unlike 90% of the playerbase, I'm satisfied with what's already in the game and what they've revealed. Who cares if they don't add more, they're giving people what they want. People wanted CLone Wars, and they got it. They wanted a roadmap and they got it. They are specifically give dates and specifics on the content in the map later. DO I really need to explain it again?
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Modders couldve made all this happen in less than a month..this is very disappointing to say the least

Modders using assets already developed to bandaid a new look that doesn’t come close to an actual developed from the ground up hero doesn’t even remotely compare.

This argument is flawed. It’s redundant. They mesh together already existing pieces to make ghetto versions of skins. WOW! Amazing. :smirk:

I’ll take a built from the ground up Hero & Skin over a modded arm chair developed bandaid.

You want a Ferrari? Or a Civic with a Ferrari body kit!? :lol:

what?
    you dont like this scavenger rey mod?

or this ben kenobi mod.

no way dice could do better than this.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Dash
    11677 posts Member
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Modders couldve made all this happen in less than a month..this is very disappointing to say the least

Modders using assets already developed to bandaid a new look that doesn’t come close to an actual developed from the ground up hero doesn’t even remotely compare.

This argument is flawed. It’s redundant. They mesh together already existing pieces to make ghetto versions of skins. WOW! Amazing. :smirk:

I’ll take a built from the ground up Hero & Skin over a modded arm chair developed bandaid.

what?

or this ben kenobi mod.

:lol:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• So we get 3 seasons of clone war appearences updates which I am all for, but what about the standard troopers. Since the first release there has been nothing more. Only hero appearances and now clone war appearances. Can we just release the faces from Star Wars Battlefront 2015, I would buy all of them with real cash.
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    when was the last large map, crait? that was seasons 1.
    boom
  • Landoluv
    101 posts Member
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Tootsie pop?

:D
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

A ghetto version of the skins?? LOLOLOLOL Bruh yopur comment needs a rethink. Modders make better skins from the tools they have available, once DICE creates mods and introduces new tools, modders make better use of them and make better skins and drop more content. Jango fett mod is a better version than what DICE would ever create. Hell modders even improve the game on visual style and drastically improve audio performance.

Don't give me this [removed] about ghetto meshes and comparing you civic to a ferrari if you dont even understand what modders do.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    when was the last large map, crait? that was seasons 1.
    boom

1 map every 5 months, amazing content drop! the only other items being added to the game might be emotes and/or swbf2015 map ports. THERES NOTHING NEW COMING, to be honest, DICE isnt dropping content as they should. Why not get modders to make some content and pay them for it, like it only makes sense if dice is lazy, they could atleast try that.
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

A ghetto version of the skins?? LOLOLOLOL Bruh yopur comment needs a rethink. Modders make better skins from the tools they have available, once DICE creates mods and introduces new tools, modders make better use of them and make better skins and drop more content. Jango fett mod is a better version than what DICE would ever create. **** modders even improve the game on visual style and drastically improve audio performance.

Don't give me this **** about ghetto meshes and comparing you civic to a ferrari if you dont even understand what modders do.

So far the best they've done is retextures and sound retouching. Nothing impactful in the actual matches. I'm looking for actual gameplay content, not just playing Fashion Souls again for the 30th time. XD
  • Despite some frustrations with Palpetine, I'm having fun with today's update and looking forward to the future content.

Hoping something cool comes next month.
  • Draxin
    249 posts Member
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

what?

or this ben kenobi mod.

:lol:

Not to sound mean but strawmanning doesn't get you anywhere, please do answer his question without the emoji's.
    Especially Old Ben, that's a pretty descent skin for a mod. Even down to the saber hilt detail.

Thing's wouldn't be so "meshy" and "re-used" if Dice would release the source code for the game along with the actual engine editor. Like Pandemic did. Entirely new weapons, models, skeletons for said models, maps, planets, even new sound effects and music was all made possible with the tools to the OG Battlefront series. They did that because the game was made for the fans in mind.

That's one reason the old games never died out. I guarantee you if the modding community were given the proper tools and time. They could probably take up job of producing new content for the current game while Dice poors all focus into the next installment, setting up the base for the next to allow the fans to later on add what they want...DIRECTLY from the fans. Actually, that sounds like a neat idea.
    Hi.
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Tootsie pop?

Unlike 90% of the playerbase, I'm satisfied with what's already in the game and what they've revealed. Who cares if they don't add more, they're giving people what they want. People wanted CLone Wars, and they got it. They wanted a roadmap and they got it. They are specifically give dates and specifics on the content in the map later. DO I really need to explain it again?

If as you say 90% of the playerbase is unsatisfied, then it's obvious that they're not giving the playerbase what they want surely. Isn't that logical?

You keep missing the point and you don't need to explain further as you will always miss the point as you've said already, you're satisfied.

I would do what you do and use caps, but I don't feel the need to want to get heard as much as some, but the issue isn't just that the roadmap is very sparse and dates are not given just seasons and it could be as long as March baring no delays before all the content it says in the map is released. It's that it's still containsnot much. 1 map!

What's the problem in not confirming the new conquest mode is called conquest?

Did I mention 1 map?

Where's the revenue stream coming from?

Nah, as you say, 90% aren't fooled and can see the other stuff that might becoming is just a fugazi.

I'm not sure which title is winning in the race to be the biggest universal joke in gaming, EAs SW Battlefront duo or Mass Effect Andromeda. Both EA games eh.

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SVEJ wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

A ghetto version of the skins?? LOLOLOLOL Bruh yopur comment needs a rethink. Modders make better skins from the tools they have available, once DICE creates mods and introduces new tools, modders make better use of them and make better skins and drop more content. Jango fett mod is a better version than what DICE would ever create. **** modders even improve the game on visual style and drastically improve audio performance.

Don't give me this **** about ghetto meshes and comparing you civic to a ferrari if you dont even understand what modders do.

So far the best they've done is retextures and sound retouching. Nothing impactful in the actual matches. I'm looking for actual gameplay content, not just playing Fashion Souls again for the 30th time. XD

ughh the modders have done more to the game than dice has, plus the modders mods are actually better than what dice is releasing, so a AAA company cant release content as good as a bunch of modders? thats sad.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Dash
    11677 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

ughh the modders have done more to the game than dice has, plus the modders mods are actually better than what dice is releasing, so a AAA company cant release content as good as a bunch of modders? thats sad.

I still disagree with the mods though. Yeah the touch up/appearance ones for Yoda’s saber for example is beautiful work. That one is super nice. (I look at what they do often). However what I said still rings true in regards to Skins. Using already existing assets isn’t “Development”. It’s merely adjusting assets to mix appearances to modify a look. Basically advanced copy and paste. Nothing phenomenal mind you. Taking palpatines robe and putting it on Maul amazes people!? Come on man lol!

Like I said before, I’d rather have the real deal from them when they deploy the skins/Heroes than a fake client side only mod any day.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Road map 1.0 - no problems here and happy to see it - of course we all wish we had CW or whatever dlc's tomorrow or yesterday with the immediacy of our generation...that was sooo yesterday.
    Cons -
    1. not the illegal type - big game mode scares me as GA was fun for a few months but tapered off quite a bit in my circle of friends, kids and their friends - would venture to note that none of us have played GA in months so introducing another big game mode is a tentative con...unless it is conquest (or the like - hoping this is a pro in a month or so).
    2. So far the saber combat is a con and hopefully it gets a hot fix.
    3. The timeframe 'seems' too far out for things that have been rumored for months - i'm not a dev or programmer of any type but nearly all of these things on the road map have been rumored or are things that have been needed or discussed - so the long-term view is that it seems too far on the horizon - which is annoying to a degree. Do the devs have a right to be aggravated about the negative responses of the consumer - yes, but we have some justification. Right or wrong depends on your view - i'm leaving this whole scenario as a con - my kids played one or two rounds of HvV in which they got what seemed a lack of credits and rough game play w/ Vader and then Luke so they ditched it and went to fartnight.
    Pros -
    1. communication, regardless of the time period is a positive - regardless of the previous con note - communication is good.
    2. Getting CW - always a win...more characters welcome and more maps.
    3. Balancing and immersive-ness - a win all the time - working to keep the playing field more skilled base is always a win.
    4. The roadmap shows longevity - that in itself is hopeful.
    Summation - this is a positive whether we like the timeframes or not. More content we are not forced to pay for is always a win, more extraction maps needed, a hot-fix will take care of the saber wielders, wish for a move to handle the wookie imploder and the dmg model - needs some tweaking, not sure what is up w/ the creds - had the one round of kicking tail and getting 0 creds - will have to watch the dvr to see if creds were awarded or not - again devs will fix this quickly - DICE is on it.
    One further note - have a gut feeling a lot of the work being plugged in now and in the near future is, in part, setting up for Battlefront 3 - like the learning from Battlefront 1 (or 2015) to Battlefront 2, I think the devs are stash piling info and setting themselves up for a huge BF3 w/ all the cookies and maps and heroes and weapons and cards and milk for those cookies and so...maybe i'm just wasting my typing but i'm betting some devs are already working on BF3 - #soon...trademark and copyright that baby.
  • Toddyrocket
    2446 posts Member
    I also have a feeling that the road map will leadto BF3
    When the foundation is broken you have to tear down the building (game) and start again fresh
    Release date December 2019-20 or soon
  • If they put out a Dev kit and modders could do there thing we would have so much content it would be ridiculous.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Anonymous_Tom
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So, still no new weapons. Thanks, DICE. Keep sucking at making games!
  • So, still no new weapons. Thanks, DICE. Keep sucking at making games!

I think dice is the only reason we’re getting anything. Screw EA, lets drive them into the ground and give dice a worthy partner
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    We asked for info and updates and communication - think we got them all.
    Now, we can ask for all the other things we wanted like: maps, heroes, guns, etc. but evidently the community already shot down rehashing old maps - i'll take them, guns seem unlikely as it creates a whole new balance issue, new cards are highly unlikely unless they restructure unused cards to be useful (lot of u's there); i'm hoping for several more extraction maps, fixing the saber dysfunction, an extended clone wars season with Ahsoka, Qui, then maybe a late wrap up season before Battlefront 3 with the bounty hunters vs other Jedi's...I know saber vs blaster just trying to get a few more H and V into the game - completely disregarding the fairness of the combat - then again whether blaster or saber wielders are better depends on the season as well.
    We all want our doodads now - patience is a virtue and ours is being tested now...i'll wait.
  • Dash wrote: »
    Draxin wrote: »
    If they put out a Dev kit and modders could do there thing we would have so much content it would be ridiculous.

Exactly. But people don't want progress...Dash

You’re joking right...... All I want is progress. Don’t even try to insinuate that I don’t want progress. The thought alone is a joke, as was the statement.

Me of all people. :lol:

#YoureBarkingUpTheWrongTree

Gotta back up Dash on this. He may not drink the cool aid, but definitely swims in it :wink: , but progress and the best for this game has always been his thing from day one.

I may not agree with 99.9999999999 recurring things he says, but progress, passion, a love of this game, wanting everyone to enjoy and above all, positivity is something he's had since day one.

Bloody annoying you are Dash, but unlike most on here, you still give courage to your convictions.

I can and do respect that.
  • Dash
    11677 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If they put out a Dev kit and modders could do there thing we would have so much content it would be ridiculous.

You’re joking right...... All I want is progress. Don’t even try to insinuate that I don’t want progress. The thought alone is a joke, as was the statement.

Gotta back up Dash on this. He may not drink the cool aid, but definitely swims in it :wink: , but progress and the best for this game has always been his thing from day one.

I may not agree with 99.9999999999 recurring things he says, but progress, passion, a love of this game, wanting everyone to enjoy and above all, positivity is something he's had since day one.

Bloody annoying you are Dash, but unlike most on here, you still give courage to your convictions.

Love you too Brother! :sunglasses:

My Yorkshire gets here Friday! :smile:

Ordered these:98zjofk49r8s.jpeg

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Whoa, slow down there brother. Love???? :smiley::blush::wink:

You got the correct cup to drink in btw?

You wanting a builders mug tea which wakes you up, or the hmmmm, that hits the spot cup of tea?
  • Dash
    11677 posts Member

You wanting a builders mug tea which wakes you up, or the hmmmm, that hits the spot cup of tea?

Message me the right builders mug. I’m new to the tea thing so I don’t want to mess up!

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

acedaddy;c-1151638"]

Message me the right builders mug. I’m new to the tea thing so I don’t want to mess up![/quote]

9dd3caqyh88x.jpg

Builders mug. Sports Direct.

sesc9dmgdnau.jpg

Every day cup and saucers ( I hear our queen has this).

m6iq8t5f5s5v.jpeg

My current mug if choice. :wink:
  • So, still no new weapons. Thanks, DICE. Keep sucking at making games!

I think dice is the only reason we’re getting anything. Screw EA, lets drive them into the ground and give dice a worthy partner

Haha! :D It isn't EA, it's DICE. They are the ones that make the game, not EA. People just on the EA hate wagon cause it's the cool thing to do.

DICE physically makes the games, and they clearly suck at it. Just look at BF1, BF4, BF3.....they literally cannot "fix" anything without breaking more crap. Even then, they never care to put out a polished game, and that's not because of EA.

That's like you spilling your milk and blaming some guy 6,000 miles away from you for it. Maybe if people actually blame the people that physically create the game and not the people that make the poster for it, DICE would give a damn and try to get better.
  • 2pl2bhgaqr1v.jpg

Even Kenobi drinks this.
  • Dash
    11677 posts Member
    2pl2bhgaqr1v.jpg

Even Kenobi drinks this.

I’m getting the Vader one!!! :sunglasses:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• NomiSunstrider
    3375 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    2pl2bhgaqr1v.jpg

Even Kenobi drinks this.

muyu6iru3isb.jpg
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• SVEJ wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Just skins, which are easy eneugh.
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

I still disagree with the mods though. Yeah the touch up/appearance ones for Yoda’s saber for example is beautiful work. That one is super nice. (I look at what they do often). However what I said still rings true in regards to Skins. Using already existing assets isn’t “Development”. It’s merely adjusting assets to mix appearances to modify a look. Basically advanced copy and paste. Nothing phenomenal mind you. Taking palpatines robe and putting it on Maul amazes people!? Come on man lol!

Like I said before, I’d rather have the real deal from them when they deploy the skins/Heroes than a fake client side only mod any day.
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Some of the mods are just plain wierd and things that many would not like in game due to how cannon they are. Off/on saber mod was probobly just taken from an existing file somewhere, and skin mods are just topographical. I mean, many are just filters, altering colour schemes. Anyone can do that. I cannot think of one actual content mod that has been created. Even empty Mos Eisley was just the removable of the coding for buildings. Jetpack Cargo mod pre-release? Just taken from existing files. Only a few mods provide actually valuable content, with one coming to mind: the conquest mod. While incomplete, I think it was adept at showing us it is possible. And apoarently they had already been working on it, as a large scale mode was confirmed to be in the works on this forum months ago.
    So, still no new weapons. Thanks, DICE. Keep sucking at making games!

Haha! :D It isn't EA, it's DICE. They are the ones that make the game, not EA. People just on the EA hate wagon cause it's the cool thing to do.

DICE physically makes the games, and they clearly suck at it. Just look at BF1, BF4, BF3.....they literally cannot "fix" anything without breaking more ****. Even then, they never care to put out a polished game, and that's not because of EA.

That's like you spilling your milk and blaming some guy 6,000 miles away from you for it. Maybe if people actually blame the people that physically create the game and not the people that make the poster for it, DICE would give a **** and try to get better.

EA thinks the game is unprofitable due to no mtx loot boxes. Dice wants the game to succeed, but needs to prove it to EA. Dice releases skins that can be bought with money, but do not influence actual gameplay much. Dice makes money, proves EA wrong, and more content comes.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season