criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Port BF2015 content in meantime

It seems we will have to wait till winter for a new map in Geonosis. It's unlikely we will see other new maps until 2019, if at all.

Therefore, I would like to see some of the completed content from the BF2015 be ported over. Maps, characters, weapons, skins, modes, etc.

Some of these could return:

Maps- Sullust, Endor Swamp Site, Scariff, etc.
Characters- Nien Nunb & Greedo, Jyn Erso & Krennic, Denger & ? (maybe someone like Padme), etc
Weapons- Krennic's revolver, bacta bomb, Viper droid etc
Skins- Sullustans, Shore troopers, guards etc
Modes- Hero hunt, cargo, etc

star-wars-battlefront-boba-fett-hero.png

hnytpwosbe30.png
∆^∆

Replies

• Absolutely this should be done.
    As far as pairing Dengar, hell I don't care if it's with a campaign character or a souped up version of the Ewok they just name Wicket.

Even if it's just maps I'd be fine with it.

While we're at it, what about some of the campaign maps that aren't in multiplayer? At least getting blast and arcade to work in them should be simple.
  • ^ Good idea on campaign maps too. I haven't finished it myself but I have heard there are some great sets.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • This needs to happen soon, hopefully it will, winter is a long time for a map.
  • ^ Good idea on campaign maps too. I haven't finished it myself but I have heard there are some great sets.

Wish I could take credit but I hadn't thought of it either til I clicked this thread last night

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/114538/dlc-idea#latest
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    This needs to happen. The lack of maps in the game is absolutely pathetic.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Weren’t they saying or asking about adding bf15 maps a few weeks ago? Did it get shot down or something because I haven’t heard much more about it. Maps like Jumdland, Forrest moon, Hoth, and the like. Add that along with private matches, Cargo, dropzone, and new/old blasters and we’re rolling.
  • Weren’t they saying or asking about adding bf15 maps a few weeks ago? Did it get shot down or something because I haven’t heard much more about it. Maps like Jumdland, Forrest moon, Hoth, and the like. Add that along with private matches, Cargo, dropzone, and new/old blasters and we’re rolling.

I remember them saying its not as easy as one would hope to port over old maps to this game. Translation: Not enough staff.
  • At least add some new maps to Strike!
    Strike has gotten nothing at all.
    I don’t care if it’s a different section of the same GA map or BF15 maps.
    Just something new.

I think they were saying it takes about 60-70% of the work to port over a map that it does to make a new one. Then everyone was saying, “please make a new Maps then”.

But here is the thing, If they only have a handful of developers working on the game, is it easier/quicker for the fewer possibly more inexperienced developers to port over a map than make a new one?

I’d say most certainly yes, and I’d love to see these maps come into the game.

I remember them saying its not as easy as one would hope to port over old maps to this game. Translation: Not enough staff.

In other words....
    We're still not getting a damn thing besides skins til Obi Wan and Grevious in November.

In other words....
    We're still not getting a **** thing besides skins til Obi Wan and Grevious in November.

Well, I mean if you're into Fallout 76 or Red Dead 2, then there is hope after all lol.
  • Galactic Assault is basically Hero Hunt, no need to add that.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif

In other words....
    We're still not getting a **** thing besides skins til Obi Wan and Grevious in November.

Well, I mean if you're into Fallout 76 or Red Dead 2, then there is hope after all lol.

Red dead 2 will definitely be getting my money, loved RDR. Hoping this game is still going well though.
  • d0kRX
    1254 posts Member
    How about an improved and polished rebel depot along with original cargo?
    PSN: d0kRX

I think they were saying it takes about 60-70% of the work to port over a map that it does to make a new one. Then everyone was saying, “please make a new Maps then”.

But here is the thing, If they only have a handful of developers working on the game, is it easier/quicker for the fewer possibly more inexperienced developers to port over a map than make a new one?

I’d say most certainly yes, and I’d love to see these maps come into the game.

I wish they would do this.
    I don't understand how what they've got mapped out is going to take 5-6 months to finish.
  • It seems we will have to wait till winter for a new map in Geonosis. It's unlikely we will see other new maps until 2019, if at all.

Therefore, I would like to see some of the completed content from the BF2015 be ported over. Maps, characters, weapons, skins, modes, etc.

Some of these could return:

Maps- Sullust, Endor Swamp Site, Scariff, etc.
    Characters- Nien Nunb & Greedo, Jyn Erso & Krennic, Denger & ? (maybe someone like Padme), etc
    Weapons- Krennic's revolver, bacta bomb, Viper droid etc
    Skins- Sullustans, Shore troopers, guards etc
    Modes- Hero hunt, cargo, etc

star-wars-battlefront-boba-fett-hero.png

I said this i suggests you go to my forum the one created before yours title reuse content we need
  • Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    Weren’t they saying or asking about adding bf15 maps a few weeks ago? Did it get shot down or something because I haven’t heard much more about it. Maps like Jumdland, Forrest moon, Hoth, and the like. Add that along with private matches, Cargo, dropzone, and new/old blasters and we’re rolling.

In other words....

Red dead 2 will definitely be getting my money, loved RDR. Hoping this game is still going well though.

If you are looking forward to that then I certainly hope you were not one of the guys that complained about the pay2win that was originally in this game. Everything about RDR2 is pay2win.
  • IronSoldier
    2934 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited June 2018
    BFII was built from the ground up. Porting content isn't that easy/possible without work afaik. I guess if they could, they would have earlier.
  • Dengar could be paired with that Duros guy from the campaign maybe?
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    DaveTrayus wrote: »
    Dengar could be paired with that Duros guy from the campaign maybe?
    Nah, Baze Malbus. If you add a heavy weapon hero for the DS and want one for the LS, it's gotta be Baze.
    They may well still add old maps - or even new maps that just haven't been announced yet. They said before that the roadmap will evolve, it's not fixed, and at the bottom of it it says that it will be updated periodically as more stuff is confirmed.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • ross42899
    1390 posts Member
    They should try to port over one or two maps (like Sullust extraction) and a few additional infantry skins from BF2015 in the meantime. They ported over Bespin & Jabba's Palace before the new Kessel map arrived, so I'm hoping they are going to add one or two more old maps while we wait for the new Geonosis map.
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    How about an improved and polished rebel depot along with original cargo?
    Rebel Depot was one of my favorite maps. I really want it to return.
    BFII was built from the ground up. Porting content isn't that easy/possible without work afaik. I guess if they could, they would have earlier.

Definitely. However porting those completed maps is inherently easier than making new maps from scratch...
    Which is the point. We are unlikely to get any new maps after Geonosis until 2019, if at all.

So in the meantime we can have ported items which would be easier to implement than brand new maps.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    ∆^∆
  • Debot
    107 posts Member
    I agree with OP and wish they would; but becoming maybe apparent they can't. They did post a question about porting. They obviously contemplated but I gather they don't have the resources implement new and old. Hell they can't even work out the chronic bugs.

I feel or sense they have implemented a plan to maintain and appease this game until the next. But without much improvement.

I hope I'm wrong but I think just feels so.

I sooo need new content.

Extraction was like a small appetizer when we all want a main course.

Please give me some filler.....
  • Sullust and Scarif please!
  • Just add them to Blast at least.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif