criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Vader force choke should inflict 150 damages to infantry

Vader choke is fine vs heroes but it is silly that he can't kill infantry with it. The damage is now around 120, it should be 150 vs infantry.
At the start of the game it was super bugged but you was able to kill infantry.
Force choke is a very situational and risky ability to use in big modes, so it should guaranteed a better reward vs groups of infantry enemies.

Replies

• Midichlorian
    1335 posts Member
    edited July 1
    Could be a card that gives him damage reduction while the ability is active. Like how Leia has the Rebel Heart card which gives her a 25% damage reduction which compensates for the gun's low dps.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • rollind24
    4526 posts Member
    edited July 1
    I’d be ok with this if health was reduced and he was able to move away after starting the choke
    #infantrylivesmatter

ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • SMTHook
    223 posts Member
    Yeah on GA now it's a death sentence. You only use it one on one or one on two. The game is full of try hards now. They used to run away. Lol.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited July 1
    Then it’s an insta-kill that you don’t even have to aim.
  • I can only use it to stop people (manly heroes) from Running
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Evazan127 wrote: »

Like lukes push... Thought you wouldn't mention that one...
  • Just let him block while using it.

Pls no
  • DarthCapa2
    1942 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »

Like lukes push... Thought you wouldn't mention that one...

Exactly, and Luke push is now a lot stronger than Vader choke against infantry. In addition force push have bigger range and it is a true insta kill ability. Force choke have a smaller range, it is a lot slower to kill and put you in a defenless situation. So force choke must inflict 150 damages to infantry, if Luke can do this with his force push the same should do Vader.
  • Devlin21
    8035 posts Member
    Just let him block while using it.

Pls no

Yea would make him op.
    Hes still overpowered as is.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DarthCapa2
    1942 posts Member
    Just let him block while using it.

Pls no

Yea would make him op.
    Hes still overpowered as is.

If not a block while choke, 150 damages on infantry.
  • DarthCapa2
    1942 posts Member
    The problem when they "fixed" Vader's choke was that they nerfed the amount of time you could choke someone for. That's why you could kill infantry, not because of how much damage it did. But because of the length of time that you could apply damage for.

No doubt they nerfed the amount of time you could choke for because people no doubt babyraged about getting choked in the middle of the battlefield and getting lit up mid-air by Vader's teamates while he was choking you, claiming it was "OP, PLS NERF" as usual. (Why you would even go into the open against Vader with his teamates around him is beyond me)

So i agree with this. 150 damage for Vader's choke sounds good. If we can't kill people by holding them in the choke long enough, then let us apply enough damage to finish them off in the short space of time we get or revert the choke time changes. It's not rocket science, Dice. They had it right the first time.

Thank you for the support
  • Royazeee
    231 posts Member
    I think the epic punishing grip star card can even kill a heavy...but im SURE it atleast kills any regular trooper with 150 health... :)
  • DarthCapa2
    1942 posts Member
    Royazeee wrote: »
    I think the epic punishing grip star card can even kill a heavy...but im SURE it atleast kills any regular trooper with 150 health... :)

I already tried, it can kill trooper with 150 but not the heavy. But you need to use one slot only to have what Vader should have at base. Luke push can multi kill infantry in a instant and it have a good range, so why Vader can't kill infantry considering that his force choke it is a lot slower to kill and leave him vulnerable?
    Vader choke need to inflict 150 at base vs infantry
  • Devlin21
    8035 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

I already tried, it can kill trooper with 150 but not the heavy. But you need to use one slot only to have what Vader should have at base. Luke push can multi kill infantry in a instant and it have a good range, so why Vader can't kill infantry considering that his force choke it is a lot slower to kill and leave him vulnerable?

vader is a tank, luke is hit and run.
    luke should have the better dps than vader does.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Victor94
    289 posts Member

Vader has lightsaber throw that can one shot infantry and has lower cooldown, also no hero has two abilities that allow them to OS infantry. He's balanced in GA.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »

This isn't a rpg, take those stupid terms elsewhere
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    Vader should be able to choke @150 AFK teammates, and @175 opposings. Vader is king B)

giphy.gif
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Could've swore the reason they made heroes in battlefront 2 weaker because people were tired of them being op and getting one shot by them in the first game but I guess that's wrong now.

This isn't a rpg, take those **** terms elsewhere

This TOTALLY aggros me.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • DarthCapa2
    1942 posts Member

Vader is a sit duck. Some mad want reduce his mobility when he is already the slower saber hero considering that he don't have a dash and his jump is lower and slower. So is totally balanced 150 damages on the choke vs infantry. Don't make sense that a force choke can't kill the target.
    Vader choke is fine vs heroes but it is silly that he can't kill infantry with it. The damage is now around 120, it should be 150 vs infantry.
    Force choke is a very situational and risky ability to use in big modes, so it should guaranteed a better reward vs groups of infantry enemies.

Yes

Yes

Thanks for the support. I add the fact that have Luke push able to kill infantry and not have force choke able to do the same it is super silly. Now, Luke push is perfect as it is (eccept for the bugs) so it is the choke that need to be more effective vs infantry.
  • TheScape
    894 posts Member
    Could be a card that gives him damage reduction while the ability is active. Like how Leia has the Rebel Heart card which gives her a 25% damage reduction which compensates for the gun's low dps.

No, please. Stack that with the Rage ability (that has a card for damage reduction) and he'll be even more OP.
  • Devlin21
    8035 posts Member

Vader is a sit duck. Some mad want reduce his mobility when he is already the slower saber hero considering that he don't have a dash and his jump is lower and slower. So is totally balanced 150 damages on the choke vs infantry. Don't make sense that a force choke can't kill the target.

Its not balanced at all. Just use the longer choke if you want him to do over 150 damage.

Vader needs no buffing. Only nerfs.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DrX2345
    2832 posts Member
    It's fine as it is. All he needs to do is choke, then once they are released literally attack once and he'll get the kill(s) because he lunges. And you can increase the damage with a card. Anyway, he's got a lot of health, can deal a lot of damage, self-buff and has a (normally) OHK ranged attack. Choke is more useful as a short damaging stun/disable, as you can use it to lift people in the air so your team can attack them, then when they drop they're vulnerable for a few seconds so you can just go all Rogue One on them.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DarthCapa2
    1942 posts Member

Its not balanced at all. Just use the longer choke if you want him to do over 150 damage.

He don't need nerfs. Just learn how to deal with him as Luke if thus is the problem. Nerfs will only make him worse in Galactic Assault.
    150 damages on choke vs infantry is totally balanced, it is absurd that he can't kill a trooper with a force choke when Luke can 5 + troopers with only one click of his force push.
    Force choke is a risky ability to use in Galactic Assault so it need a bigger reward when used vs infantry.
  • You're right, it is risky to use. But I've choked, like 6 dudes, and got them all with a saber throw.
    Vader also has crazy health.
    Gotta weaken him some how.
  • Defbored
    707 posts Member
    edited July 11
    And he has a health on kill card.
  • Devlin21
    8035 posts Member

He don't need nerfs. Just learn how to deal with him as Luke if thus is the problem. Nerfs will only make him worse in Galactic Assault.
    150 damages on choke vs infantry is totally balanced, it is absurd that he can't kill a trooper with a force choke when Luke can 5 + troopers with only one click of his force push.
    Force choke is a risky ability to use in Galactic Assault so it need a bigger reward when used vs infantry.

Nah, nerf his damage buff his health. Luke and maul should be doing 120 saber damage and vader should be doing a 100.

He already does any way. Just use saber throw after hes done or press the swing button one time. Not that hard.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DarthCapa2
    1942 posts Member

Nah, nerf his damage buff his health. Luke and maul should be doing 120 saber damage and vader should be doing a 100.

He already does any way. Just use saber throw after hes done or press the swing button one time. Not that hard.

Oh yes, you need to use 2 main abilities as a Sith lord to kill a trooper when Luke can now kill an entire squad with only one click. Have sense.......
  • Still convinced it need 150 damages on infantry
  • The problem when they "fixed" Vader's choke was that they nerfed the amount of time you could choke someone for. That's why you could kill infantry, not because of how much damage it did. But because of the length of time that you could apply damage for.

No doubt they nerfed the amount of time you could choke for because people no doubt babyraged about getting choked in the middle of the battlefield and getting lit up mid-air by Vader's teamates while he was choking you, claiming it was "OP, PLS NERF" as usual. (Why you would even go into the open against Vader with his teamates around him is beyond me)

So i agree with this. 150 damage for Vader's choke sounds good. If we can't kill people by holding them in the choke long enough, then let us apply enough damage to finish them off in the short space of time we get or revert the choke time changes. It's not rocket science, Dice. They had it right the first time.

Exactly this. Thanks. @guillaume_mroz listen to thus man.
  • No.....

Vader needs no buffs.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif