criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Is there any real use for the repulsor cannon star card?

I mean...what is it good for in any mode? Do you use it effectively? or is it just to troll the players? lol

Replies

• Levo
    239 posts Member
    So regular People can feel like a jedi and force push everyone i guess
    Xbox GT: Levo18
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    some cards are useless and only for messing around when you are bored. I tried homing shot again last week to see if I could figure out a playstyle for it. just seemed kind of useless and I went with something else.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Trolling
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Honestly it’s actually pretty good
  • JackTHorn
    3634 posts Member
    Is there any real use for the repulsor cannon star card? I mean...what is it good for in any mode? Do you use it effectively? or is it just to troll the players? lol
    Loads of uses, can be a game-changer. Knock down a pesky Hero or Enforcer so that your team-mates can take them out. That's a big one. You can get regular kills with it 1v1 too, knock 'em down, knock' em down again, shoot 'em in the head. Keeping people off an objective. Knock' em off cliffs and ledges.

All sorts of uses!
  • You have land a direct hit otherwise it's useless since there is like zero splash impact.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Basically just hiding in a corner waiting for a hero to walk by so you can knock them down for your teammates to dogpile them. Like so:
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • It needs more of a shotgun feel, because the hit detection feels a little too precision based compared to what it was in the last game.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    It needs more of a shotgun feel, because the hit detection feels a little too precision based compared to what it was in the last game.

Agreed
  • fancyladypants
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    There was a thread about the repulsor canon a few days ago. I love it and run with it all the time now. It may seem worthless to you now but as your players start to rank up, no new GA maps etc, it keeps things somewhat fresh and new.

Challenge yourself to get kills with it or to really help your team. I love it in extraction. I switch up between the repulsor canon and the stinger pistol for heroes in GA. It can be really hilarious with practice.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    some cards are useless and only for messing around when you are bored. I tried homing shot again last week to see if I could figure out a playstyle for it. just seemed kind of useless and I went with something else.

I love that ability on hero's as they panic and can't block it
  • its's a beautiful, hilarious weapon. i laugh to myself everytime i knock someone down with it cuz i'm picturing how angry the guy on the other end is
    PSN: computerson
  • It’s by far the most fun reaction-weapon.

You know the maps, then you know when to use it. I have hours of fun pushing people off ledges. I got a Wookiee very angry today by pushing him/her off kashykk strike map. The player then made a point of killing me over and over in disgust. :smiley:

Powwahh. Somewhat limitedddddd powwwah!

pH
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    Knocking people down, priceless
  • Knocking Emperor Palpatine down: Difficult, but when you hit them with it you will feel absolute joy, and even better if they're down next to you against a wall so you can melee the crap out of them. :D

KC