criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

What is the effect of attacking while low on stamina?

What is supposed to happen? Is anything supposed to happen?

With the new blocking changes (I would've liked more but it is satisfactory in the meantime), I think there is the potential of spam to increase.

To mitigate this unwanted outcome, saber attacks should be weaker when attacking during depleted stamina.

Blaster users cannot attack indefinitely since their heatsink builds up. If you time a perfect yellow cooldown (the meter) you have unlimited shots again for a short duration.

I think a similar mechanic can work for saber attacks. Maybe once stamina is depleted saber attacks are disabled until the meter expires or you time yellow or blue cool down.

I think this would provide good synergy between offense and defense. There is potential for more balance.
hnytpwosbe30.png

Replies

• t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    If you are out of stamina you can no longer saber block, and you will no longer lunge towards your target when doing saber attacks.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    If you are out of stamina you can no longer saber block, and you will no longer lunge towards your target when doing saber attacks.

That is a good change. So that means you can saber attack or shoot through block when they are out of stamina right?

Since you can no longer block I think it would be good if they make saber attacks similar to how blaster shots work..
    Have a cool down meter for saber attacks. It could work for block as well maybe.

It would be more uniform.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

That is a good change. So that means you can saber attack or shoot through block when they are out of stamina right?

Since you can no longer block I think it would be good if they make saber attacks similar to how blaster shots work..
    Have a cool down meter for saber attacks. It could work for block as well maybe.

That is how it has always been since release. Once you are out of stamina your block no longer protects you and you can no longer do lunges with your saber attacks.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

That is how it has always been since release. Once you are out of stamina your block no longer protects you and you can no longer do lunges with your saber attacks.

Oh must've never noticed since stamina usually never got to that point.
    But that's not what I am talking about.

What I am talking about is not being able to attack or block when stamina is depleted. It works that way for blaster shots.

I think something similar can happen with saber attacks. Depleted stamina attacks could have little to no damage.
    So you could still attack but it would leave you more vulnerable.
    Since holding block depletes stamina now, it'll be easier to attack through block.

So I think adding a cool down meter to both saber attacks and block would be good. Once stamina depletes the cool down meter would appear. It would work similar to the blaster shot cool down system.

Consistency makes it more accessible and user friendly.
    hnytpwosbe30.png