criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV Target System

So I have been playing HvV since the first battlefront and it’s a lot of fun but this new target system is realy annoying in my opinion, I think that the problem with this system is that it doesn’t matter if you are a skilled player or not and many people abuse this system by running away or hiding in a glitch where other players can’t reach them, it would be nice if there could be a hero blast mode then all these problems wouldn’t be problems anymore, I can’t name how many times my team has lost but had way more kills than the other team

Replies

• willywonka7
    1026 posts Member
    Disagree. The game mode is fine.

The other team was just more precise with who they killed instead of going around trying to kill everyone, which got your team distracted and ended up losing.

Every hero has a weakness you just have to pick the right character, learn to use them, and kill the person running around evading you. Yeah the glitch spots need to be fixed, but they are slowly fixing these problems already.
  • need a timer like in Hero Showdown, what is it like 3mins or something?, picks someone else. Also, need something to prevent players from suicide before they become next target. This one match maul was target hero 3 times in a row. Disable respawn was a good patch but now they just leap off cliff or ram and do nothing in hopes they die.
  • AngryStarWarsDude
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I agree with this. The people who just run and hide totally ruin this mode. You have to kill the rest of their team over and over and over while their Boba Fett or Darth Maul just runs and stays hidden on top of some building the entire fight. How's that fair at all? This mode rewards the cowards who run and hide the entire fight, which is a major problem.

They should make it like Hero Showdown, where if you die, you're out of the fight till next Target. That's the only way to make it a fair fight. We shouldn't have to kill the rest of their team repeatedly while their cowardly Target just runs and hides forever.That game mechanic makes this the worst mode to play in my opinion.

I LOVE Hero Showdown, because they corrected the major problems with HvV.
  • Well you're wrong. So many times I lose to the unholy trio of Darth Vader, Darth Maul, & Kylo Ren. The game mode is so unbalanced in the Dark Side's favor when it comes to this rule alone. Even when desperately attacking Vader, he is too strong to counter or escape from and he is so aggressive when one becomes the target.

The other team was just more precise with who they killed instead of going around trying to kill everyone, which got your team distracted and ended up losing.

Every hero has a weakness you just have to pick the right character, learn to use them, and kill the person running around evading you. Yeah the glitch spots need to be fixed, but they are slowly fixing these problems already.
  • willywonka7
    1026 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Well you're wrong. So many times I lose to the unholy trio of Darth Vader, Darth Maul, & Kylo Ren. The game mode is so unbalanced in the Dark Side's favor when it comes to this rule alone. Even when desperately attacking Vader, he is too strong to counter or escape from and he is so aggressive when one becomes the target.

No you just don't know what your doing plain and simple.

First of all the problem you obviously don't seem to understand is that 1 good person cannot taken on 3 good/decent people all by yourself. The point of the game mode is to work together with your team, so of course you are failing to kill the aforementioned trio. You have to work with your team and not go solo. If people (including you) would realize that as the light side you need to stick together in order to win, then you would see how powerful the lightside combo really is against the darkside. The light side is really strong if you all stick together work together...meaning when someone stuns all saber wielders don't immediately go and attack the enemy and unstun them you wait until the end and then attack them. There are so many different aspects of working together that have to happen for your team to actually be effective
    While I will agree with you that facing vader 1 on 1 is very difficult especially in Hero Showdown, it's not impossible. Vader is probably the only other character in the game that needs some balancing to be more fair in the hero modes.