criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rey was Nerfed and Double Fixed, and I'm not talking about Stamina changes

RogueZeroRendar
602 posts Member
edited July 2018
Rey's Ongoing Dash Strike Damage has been fixed! Together with that, the bonus value stated in her Damaging Strike Card seems to be properly applied now. Before it was giving something between 21 and 30 extra damage, now it's giving something between 31 and 40, and the card states a 30% increase which should be +39dmg, so I believe this is fixed (only when splitscreen mod works again I'll be able to properly test that).

However, she lost the stackable property of Damaging Strike. Before she would inflict that extra damage in each enemy she passed by for each new enemy caught in the same use of the skill. This meant if the trail of enemy troopers was long enough, even heavies hit earlier would eventually die to her Dash Strike. Now it's impossible to die as a Heavy with full health to Rey's Dash Strike, also any troops with 100 extra HP from officer is now also impossible to kill with Dash Strike if they have full health (actually anything above 169 HP is now impossible to kill with 1 Dash Strike).

I liked that functionality, it meant Rey could swipe an entire line of troopers if the line was long enough, now you'll probably die if you try that. I wish they bring this functionality back
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• Have you actually tried this in GA? But the star card actually states that is supposed to be extra damage for every target hit.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • unit900000
    2097 posts Member
    so dash strike got nerfed? never found it good in GA and now they made it worse lol.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Is it really an update without a REY nerf?
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • RogueZeroRendar
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Have you actually tried this in GA? But the star card actually states that is supposed to be extra damage for every target hit.

I tried on arcade, not GA yet, but she was getting a solid 17 points for the dash strike with the star card, and no delayed damage was applied anywhere, so I assume this will be the same in GA. 17 points for a hero means 161 to 170 damage inflicted.

The card was supposed to apply this bonus on each target previously hit for each new target hit after. So imagine I pass through 4 troopers:

After I dash striked all four, this is the damage they should have taken (the order shows who was hit first to last):

1st: 130 + 39 + 39 + 39 + 39 = 286
    2nd: 130 + 39 + 39 + 39 = 247
    3rd: 130 + 39 + 39 = 208
    4th: 130 + 39 = 169

But this is what's happening:

1st: 130 + 39 = 169
    2nd: 130 + 39 = 169
    3rd: 130 + 39 = 169
    4th: 130 + 39 = 169

Before the patch that broke Rey, it was working as intended, but instead of giving 39 extra damage, the card was wrongly giving 24*:

1st: 130 + 24 + 24 + 24 + 24 = 236
    2nd: 130 + 24 + 24 + 24 = 202
    3rd: 130 + 24 + 24 = 178
    4th: 130 + 24 = 154
    This meant that if a heavy was hit, he would die so long Rey did hit 2 enemies after him

*I'm unsure if it was indeed 24, I never properly tested this, but it was something between 21 and 30.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Midichlorian
    1389 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    unit900000 wrote: »
    so dash strike got nerfed? never found it good in GA and now they made it worse lol.

Damaging Strike would murder in Naboo Phase 2 in the left/right walkways and with resilient dash & survivor you would be none the worse for wear. So if this is true in GA then Rey will be useless for capturing/defending chokepoints.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif