criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Palpatine is fine, fix Vader

Specifically hero showdown or hvv.

Vader has the most health and the most damager per saber strike. It's insanely one sided. He's always one of the top player.
Palapatine is annoyin and hits hard, but he's a glass cannon. Vader just walks into attacks and hits you times and you're dead.

Replies

• willywonka7
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Vader's fine he is a slow tank that can't regen health like emperor can.

Not since the last update. Now it's palps. In HvV palps is now reining supreme easily for noobs.

Vader is good, but is no where near as fast as palps, can't regen health like palps, can't attack through walls like palps. It's out of control.

He has auto locking lightning attacks now that require no skill to hit anyone with. He does high damage with the standard lightning attacks and has high stamina as well. His abilities go through walls and he can evade almost constantly.

He melts blocks in fractions of a second because of the update too.
  • Palpatine is only OP because he had the ability to shoot through walls.
    Even as of yesterday I was playing as Vader and it's laughably easy to walk forward into attacks from.anyone but Luke as he can throw you down.
    Otherwise it's like you're not even worried about attacks. I hit a full health Yoda 4 times and he died after hitting me about 6. That's as unbalanced as it gets
  • willywonka7
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    No he was also OP because:
    • He gains way too much health back way to quickly.
    • he also has auto lock standard lightning attacks with this update. You don't even really have to aim directly at the person anymore to hit them with lightning like you use to before the update. Every other character in the game has to aim their basic attack directly at the person or it won't hit.....except auto lock palps. Other players like lando and finn have to use a special to auto lock onto people and palps gets it standard.
    • No one else gains back as much health from star cards as palps, except maybe Bossk.
    • Chain lightning travels too far as well and when combined with surge of lightning it can hit at minimum 6 people.
    • He moves around to quickly with evade, pretty much as fast as luke or maul do running around.
    • With the dark aura active flying around in the air above he palps can pretty much do damage constantly with out overheating or having to stop for any reason other than, someone in the distance is eating away their health so they have to move.
    • He also got really high stamina attacks from this update because of the update and the star card that gives him that ability.

Palps and Bossk can pretty much full health regen the entire game. Here are some stats for you to prove this.

Emperors Lightning absorption can heal 30 health for every target hit by chain lightning at epic level. If you also have surge of lightning active at epic level, which most people tend to use also with lightning absorption, then you can hit at minimum 6 targets because standard chain lightning can at minimum hit 2 people. Surge lightning is guaranteed to hit 4 extra people, so 6 total minimum now. 6 people * 30 health is 180 health in a fraction of a second with a chain lightning attack. Chain lightning seems to hit a different number of people for different players, as some people claim on this forum. Could possibly be a bug...as there are many of those. Palps only gets 609 health, so 3 chain lightning strikes without getting hit can fully regen his health pretty much.
    hg05k3sa40cs.png
    I don't think that these values have changed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Vader can only get 20 health back from each solider on his health star card and he can only maybe get 4 or 5 people with force choke if you are lucky, typically only 2 or three get killed out of 4 or 5. if you chain force choke with light saber throw and then immediately start attacking people next to you then you can get 6 kills pretty quickly, but not immediately, not guaranteed and not with one move unless you are really lucky. 6 people * 20health is still only 120 health, much less than 180 with emperors one guaranteed move.

Bossk who is the only other person close to palps with healing capabilities can regen full health given enough time. He also has the capability to heal in his gas cloud. He can regen 30health a second with the name your poison star card at epic level. If they have the lingering dioxis star card too that adds an extra 6 seconds to the gas timer at epic level.

Im not sure the total length of dioxis gas with the epic star card lingering gas, but if we assume it last 10sec, then 10sec * 30health = 300health.I'm sure that the gas probably lasts a bit longer than 10seconds; however, You have to stand in the proximity of the gas cloud the entire time to get the health.

• The problem you're highlighting though really only applies to shirt range engagement.
    You can range drop Palpatine really fast. I've sniped him with the 242 so many times it's funny.
    The problem isn't necessarily health recovery, it's defense. Like I said you can walk right into a hallway full of blasters and deliver something like 650 damage with choke+saber throw. I've taken down 5 troopers alone as Vader and still had about 30% health at the end of it. That's so unbalanced.

Palpatine should be a glass cannon. Hit hard but low defense, it makes since, he's an old dude in robes
  • willywonka7
    1030 posts Member
    sillysaxon wrote: »
    The problem you're highlighting though really only applies to shirt range engagement.
    You can range drop Palpatine really fast. I've sniped him with the 242 so many times it's funny.
    The problem isn't necessarily health recovery, it's defense. Like I said you can walk right into a hallway full of blasters and deliver something like 650 damage with choke+saber throw. I've taken down 5 troopers alone as Vader and still had about 30% health at the end of it. That's so unbalanced.

Palpatine should be a glass cannon. Hit hard but low defense, it makes since, he's an old dude in robes

Disagree about the vader comments. Vader should be able to go into a crowd of 5 or 6 people come out on top and still have a bit of health left to maybe do it once more. That's exactly how vader is suppose to be just like in the movies.

Palps should be a glass cannon, but the problem is that he isn't on short range or partially short range segments of maps where all the players are super close together. Maps like
    Death Star 2
    2 & 3rd phase of Naboo
    Kamino
    2 & 3rd phase of Hoth
    Tatooine
    Yavin 4, except maybe third phase
    Starkiller base final phase
    2nd and 3rd phase of Kashyyk
    2nd(kind of) & 3rd phase of Crait

Really the list is much shorter for lists of places that aren't short range engagement for palps.

In these maps because of his health regen and constant evade he can move around really easy hide behind something come out chain lightning get health back......over and over again until the map is over. How do you get range on him in a closed or partially closed map?????? Range on him in Death Star, Range on him in Kamino..maybe second phase, otherwise no. These are the maps that people are complaining about because of how palps abilities go through the walls in these maps he can hide behind stuff so easily and get to places some can't. Then comes out and chain light attacks you and hits people that are still within the spawn point too.

The point is moot about short range engagement.....that's like half or more of the maps and partly the reason why palps is so OP on so many maps in GA.
  • I actually find Palatine to be easy to deal with in GA, lots of open spaces to remove his head from. I agree though that health recovery in short maps is the killer and I think that should be addressed more than anything else.

I think what we've proven in the community is that balances for HvV do not work the same for GA and they honestly need some stamina and health modifications separate for each mode or at least a specific set of balancing for HvV. Everytime they fix one they ruin the other
  • willywonka7
    1030 posts Member
    I actually find Palatine to be easy to deal with in GA, lots of open spaces to remove his head from. I agree though that health recovery in short maps is the killer and I think that should be addressed more than anything else.

I think what we've proven in the community is that balances for HvV do not work the same for GA and they honestly need some stamina and health modifications separate for each mode or at least a specific set of balancing for HvV. Everytime they fix one they ruin the other

Yeah that would probably be the easiest bet. Whatever they do I just hope they don't mess up the game more.
  • All they really need to do is add a cooldown or stamina loss to his jumping and revert his lightning lock on to how it was before. His dodge is perfectly fine, its his insane jump and auto aim combo that ruins everything. Itd solve a ton of problems without effecting either game mode too badly. Maybe a small decrease to his health regen cards as well but taking him out entirely was a bit much.
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    I actually find Palatine to be easy to deal with in GA, lots of open spaces to remove his head from. I agree though that health recovery in short maps is the killer and I think that should be addressed more than anything else.

They need to balance separately, or balance for infantry modes and let hero modes suffer. Balancing based on HvV broke the last game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Devlin21
    8279 posts Member
    No he was also OP because:
    • He gains way too much health back way to quickly.
    • he also has auto lock standard lightning attacks with this update. You don't even really have to aim directly at the person anymore to hit them with lightning like you use to before the update. Every other character in the game has to aim their basic attack directly at the person or it won't hit.....except auto lock palps. Other players like lando and finn have to use a special to auto lock onto people and palps gets it standard.
    • No one else gains back as much health from star cards as palps, except maybe Bossk.
    • Chain lightning travels too far as well and when combined with surge of lightning it can hit at minimum 6 people.
    • He moves around to quickly with evade, pretty much as fast as luke or maul do running around.
    • With the dark aura active flying around in the air above he palps can pretty much do damage constantly with out overheating or having to stop for any reason other than, someone in the distance is eating away their health so they have to move.
    • He also got really high stamina attacks from this update because of the update and the star card that gives him that ability.

Palps and Bossk can pretty much full health regen the entire game. Here are some stats for you to prove this.

Emperors Lightning absorption can heal 30 health for every target hit by chain lightning at epic level. If you also have surge of lightning active at epic level, which most people tend to use also with lightning absorption, then you can hit at minimum 6 targets because standard chain lightning can at minimum hit 2 people. Surge lightning is guaranteed to hit 4 extra people, so 6 total minimum now. 6 people * 30 health is 180 health in a fraction of a second with a chain lightning attack. Chain lightning seems to hit a different number of people for different players, as some people claim on this forum. Could possibly be a bug...as there are many of those. Palps only gets 609 health, so 3 chain lightning strikes without getting hit can fully regen his health pretty much.
    hg05k3sa40cs.png
    I don't think that these values have changed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Vader can only get 20 health back from each solider on his health star card and he can only maybe get 4 or 5 people with force choke if you are lucky, typically only 2 or three get killed out of 4 or 5. if you chain force choke with light saber throw and then immediately start attacking people next to you then you can get 6 kills pretty quickly, but not immediately, not guaranteed and not with one move unless you are really lucky. 6 people * 20health is still only 120 health, much less than 180 with emperors one guaranteed move.

Bossk who is the only other person close to palps with healing capabilities can regen full health given enough time. He also has the capability to heal in his gas cloud. He can regen 30health a second with the name your poison star card at epic level. If they have the lingering dioxis star card too that adds an extra 6 seconds to the gas timer at epic level.

Im not sure the total length of dioxis gas with the epic star card lingering gas, but if we assume it last 10sec, then 10sec * 30health = 300health.I'm sure that the gas probably lasts a bit longer than 10seconds; however, You have to stand in the proximity of the gas cloud the entire time to get the health.

Max health is now 25
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• sillysaxon wrote: »
    Specifically hero showdown or hvv.

Vader has the most health and the most damager per saber strike. It's insanely one sided. He's always one of the top player.
    Palapatine is annoyin and hits hard, but he's a glass cannon. Vader just walks into attacks and hits you times and you're dead.

Palpatine is OP, but so is Vader to be honest. I think that people were more mad about Palpatine since they have gotten used to Vader. It's weird that he has been allowed to exist like this for so long. He has been like this since launch but the only change he has ever gotten besides bug fixes was a BUFF in patch 1.2.
  • bfloo wrote: »

They need to balance separately, or balance for infantry modes and let hero modes suffer. Balancing based on HvV broke the last game.

Definitely balance separately for Yoda's sake.
  • vader still glitches other players; why isn't he removed for fix? yoda is still the worst hero in HvsV plus dice wanted to make him agile like in movies. I see a lot of players failing at palpatine and then getting beat easily, he doesn't need nerfs just cause you don't like playing or fighting him. Vader is here to make noobs feel like pros, you don't have to try hard in hvsv. Vader is pretty easy to take down if you don't fall victim to his bugs. When playing palpatine chewy always wins first because of his spread damage and instant melts. Hell, someone could be last place then half way through a match turn chewy and steal first place.
  • vader still glitches other players; why isn't he removed for fix? yoda is still the worst hero in HvsV plus dice wanted to make him agile like in movies. I see a lot of players failing at palpatine and then getting beat easily, he doesn't need nerfs just cause you don't like playing or fighting him. Vader is here to make noobs feel like pros, you don't have to try hard in hvsv. Vader is pretty easy to take down if you don't fall victim to his bugs. When playing palpatine chewy always wins first because of his spread damage and instant melts. ****, someone could be last place then half way through a match turn chewy and steal first place.

Yoda really isn't THAT bad. He should be buffed but he's better than he used to be.
  • willywonka7
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    someone could be last place then half way through a match turn chewy and steal first place.

Same could be said about palps.