criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Palpatine, Hotfix & More

Prev13456
F8RGE
261 posts EA Community Manager
Just a quick heads up but we’ve just pushed two fixes live via our backend tools that have fixed two issues. To confirm, there is no client update for these.

The first one is that challenges would sometimes be delayed when you first reached the primary menu. Challenges should now appear as expected.

The second is in relation to the challenges sometimes ‘spamming’ popups upon completion. You should now only get the notification once.

We have two options when it comes to fixes, the back end (like above), and those that require client-side changes (this requires a download from you).

For a hotfix we have to strike a balance between the quantity of the fixes and the priority of them.
Because of how quick hotfixes get released, this lowers the amount of time that we have for our QA teams to test it. As a result of this we can’t commit too many fixes to the update and the hotfixes has to only contain the highest priority ones.

For comparison, we would class the hard stutter issue as a high priority fix as it effects the gameplay experience, compared to say the end of round (EOR) credits display issue. Both warrant being fixed, but one is more severe than the other.

The team are currently reproducing (repro) the issues and will then build a hotfix once they’ve all been checked in (inserted into our version of the game).

Once this has been completed we will pass it over to our QA teams, who will do their thing. When we receive the pass, we can begin the submission (sub) process to 1st party (Microsoft and Sony). The hotfix will then pass through the 1st party certification (cert) process. It will also pass through an Origin certification process.

Once it has passed cert, the hotfix will be released and you’ll get the download.

State of Play
  • Challenges delayed on front menu – fixed
  • Challenge completion spam – fixed
  • Emperor Palpatine – We plan to execute our Kill Switch (KS) for him. This means he will be removed from the game. He will be disabled until a hotfix can be deployed. We don’t take this decision lightly, but we feel it is in the best interest for everyone until a fix can be deployed.
  • Stormtroopers unable to board shuttle in Ewok Hunt – Currently working on a fix to this, plan is to have this included in the next hotfix.
  • Hardlock stutter in Hero Starfighters – Plan to be fixed in the hotfix.
  • Stamina – Plans to make some changes to the stamina system, to go live in the hotfix.

Replies

• Supino
    45 posts Member
    edited July 5
    Any way that the powers and ragdolling to stop troopers and heroes to shoot you come in the hotfix?
  • This is awful! My poor Iconic Skinny Legend is being removed because he's finally almost complete.
    Anapoda wrote: »
    One does not simply remove the emperor!! Guards!! Guards!! Size those traitors to the Empire!!

Yes please. Also make sure he comes back with his gorgeous red Louis Vuitton robe thank you very much. Also with a black Birkin to match his mourning mood.

Such a loss. A travesty. I can't.
  • stevenomes
    4004 posts Member
    edited July 5
    Did we expect anything less from the most powerful sith ever? the only way to bring balance is to remove him...

also regarding the reward completion notification spam I saw that a couple times as well and was hoping I was getting all the credits along with them but alas it was a display error.
  • valeri0706
    609 posts Member
    edited July 5
    EA_Atic wrote: »
    Order 66

Not only, I think Thanos' snap reached beyond one franchise to another.

Now it's perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
  • Levo
    229 posts Member
    Finally he is gone. My wish would be to replace him with Episode 3 palpatine with a lightsaber But i guess thats Not gonna happen. Anyway thanks dice
    Xbox GT: Levo18
  • stevenomes
    4004 posts Member
    only a fully trained DICE, with the force as their ally, can conquer the emperor.
  • Supino
    45 posts Member
    What about the ability to keep attacking while you are disabled in some way (like the ability to continue firing when you are frozen by Kylo). Is that being on the list to be fixed in the next hotfix?

Asked the same thing, just waiting for a response. Those are really gamebreaking problems.
  • Do what must be done
  • OneJediCat
    39 posts Member
    edited July 5
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Just a quick heads up but we’ve just pushed two fixes live via our backend tools that have fixed two issues. To confirm, there is no client update for these.

The first one is that challenges would sometimes be delayed when you first reached the primary menu. Challenges should now appear as expected.

The second is in relation to the challenges sometimes ‘spamming’ popups upon completion. You should now only get the notification once.

We have two options when it comes to fixes, the back end (like above), and those that require client-side changes (this requires a download from you).

For a hotfix we have to strike a balance between the quantity of the fixes and the priority of them.
    Because of how quick hotfixes get released, this lowers the amount of time that we have for our QA teams to test it. As a result of this we can’t commit too many fixes to the update and the hotfixes has to only contain the highest priority ones.

For comparison, we would class the hard stutter issue as a high priority fix as it effects the gameplay experience, compared to say the end of round (EOR) credits display issue. Both warrant being fixed, but one is more severe than the other.

The team are currently reproducing (repro) the issues and will then build a hotfix once they’ve all been checked in (inserted into our version of the game).

Once this has been completed we will pass it over to our QA teams, who will do their thing. When we receive the pass, we can begin the submission (sub) process to 1st party (Microsoft and Sony). The hotfix will then pass through the 1st party certification (cert) process. It will also pass through an Origin certification process.

Once it has passed cert, the hotfix will be released and you’ll get the download.

State of Play
    • Challenges delayed on front menu – fixed
    • Challenge completion spam – fixed
    • Emperor Palpatine – We plan to execute our Kill Switch (KS) for him. This means he will be removed from the game. He will be disabled until a hotfix can be deployed. We don’t take this decision lightly, but we feel it is in the best interest for everyone until a fix can be deployed.
    • Stormtroopers unable to board shuttle in Ewok Hunt – Currently working on a fix to this, plan is to have this included in the next hotfix.
    • Hardlock stutter in Hero Starfighters – Plan to be fixed in the hotfix.
    • Stamina – Plans to make some changes to the stamina system, to go live in the hotfix.

I really hope timer like bf2015 for blocking is added. Stamina being drained by simply holding up the saber was too much. I'm really happy about the hotfix.
    The Senate himself got Order 66ed lol.
  • Mastahpeece
    1521 posts Member

letters
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Good call. I'm a bit surprised though, since a kill switch is apparently in place, why you didn't decide to shut down Palpatine after he was majorly buffed with his health changes, while also simultaneously being able to shoot through walls. Majority of the Galactic Assault matches, he would be the very first on the leaderboards due to this.

Good to know that you don't hesitate to use your KS though.
  • Kerle
    426 posts Member
    At this point, no one will mind using the Killswitch, its sad it has to happen but better than the alternative.

Funny though that its the galactic emperor whos just getting kicked out of his office for some forced holiday.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • grimmace2
    620 posts Member
    No Palps on a double XP weekend, lol.
  • Kerle
    426 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    You guys need to find a new QA team, because this one doesn't know how to test.

How do you know? I guess they actually test a lot and have reached a point there they are certain none of them is pregnant at this moment.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • unit900000
    1509 posts Member
    personally think he could of stayed in GA sense a good Yoda keeps him in check and the light side in GA is all ready better as it is a lot of the time good to remove him from HvV though.
  • Galaxy_DarkLord
    3 posts Member
    edited July 6
    pls fix the ping site option in the game it has it has been broken because i choose the Germany data center and click the back button and when i back it has changed to other place like united kingdom or somewhere else
    see the video below ;)
    https://youtu.be/0UHa5-hsIRE
    Post edited by Galaxy_DarkLord on
  • Fuzzbap
    62 posts Member
    Killswitch engaged!

o69lnyr2mf9k.gif
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Rook008
    667 posts Member
    Thanks for the update, F8rge.

Also, I hope you guys can get Ewok Hunt back in the rotation soon.
    She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went.
  • @stevenomes
    Lol! Thanks for remind me that scene! It sure seems like that
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • why does everyone want palpy to be a wussy? he is supposed to be very powerful only ones who should be able to match his power are yoda and vader and soon to be anakin. heroes should be tiered at their different levels of power anyways. not every hero or villain should be equal this isnt the declaration of independence lol
  • stevenomes
    4004 posts Member
    one thing I was thinking of earlier is if we could get some insight into the testing methodology for these patches. you say "we pass these changes to QA team to do their thing". it would be interesting know a high level summary of what that all involves. I assume there is a step by step process that they have go through and if one step fails they have go fix and start over etc. I think this legitimate question considering the number of bugs and issues introduced with recent fixes?
  • @stevenomes
    Recent fixes? My friend, this has been happening since the beginning, it's not a recent issue. This QA is a joke, they either don't exist, don't do what they're supposed to do, or even do something but their work is thrown away because of a schedule
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Raices
    392 posts Member
    why does everyone want palpy to be a wussy? he is supposed to be very powerful only ones who should be able to match his power are yoda and vader and soon to be anakin. heroes should be tiered at their different levels of power anyways. not every hero or villain should be equal this isnt the declaration of independence lol

The problem is that neither Luke or Yoda are at his level atm, and they should be! And you're right, there should be tiers for heroes, with diferent battle points costs ect.
  • pjyhlu5f65pj.jpg
    Rip Palp
  • Lord Sidious is most unhappy
    BelatedDearestArrowana-size_restricted.gif
    100.gif
  • bfloo
    11245 posts Member
    why does everyone want palpy to be a wussy? he is supposed to be very powerful only ones who should be able to match his power are yoda and vader and soon to be anakin. heroes should be tiered at their different levels of power anyways. not every hero or villain should be equal this isnt the declaration of independence lol

Funny thing is I finally figured out how to beat Palps with Yoda before they pulled him and can't check if it was just a fluke...
  • Thank God for this! Much needed when will this hotfix be?
  • bfloo
    11245 posts Member
    Thank God for this! Much needed when will this hotfix be?

Soon™
  • fancyladypants
    212 posts Member
    edited July 5
    The QA team is a myth. That's obvious. For those of us that paid credits to unlock him this seems really fair. Thanks I look forward to your next broken bug.

Did anyone predict this bug? We still need to start that lottery drawing of, "guess the next issue." The Winning prize? You get an exclusive game-breaking bug that gets shared with everyone on your friends list, 14 credits, 1 crystal, and an exclusive hero that doesn't work nor can he/she/it/they/ be upgraded or accessed during game modes.

Oh, and a taco. (Taco only available on Taco Tuesday's during the month of June at EA headquarters cafeteria between the hour of 4:00AM and 4:01AM-no tomatoes, taco sauce not included.)