criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Palpatine, Hotfix & More

Replies

• Landoluv
    98 posts Member
    Hehe good
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    @RogueZeroRendar when reading the beginning of your post it reminded me of the scene from lord of the rings where Theoden and Aragorn where arguing about calling for aid to defend Helms Deep. "Where was QA team when the westfold fell? where was QA team when our enemies closed in around us. No my lord Aragorn, we are alone"

"I will not risk Kill Switch".
    "Kill Switch has already happened whether you'd risk it or not".
  • valeri0706 wrote: »
    EA_Atic wrote: »
    Order 66

Not only, I think Thanos' snap reached beyond one franchise to another.

Now it's perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
    Yep, seemed like he just put on the gauntlet, and when he walks into a room, with the snap of a finger, well, you know what happens.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Words of palpatine No No No. But if this fixes him then good.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • Oh boy, this is funny. For those saying that they have no QA testers: I made a topic that was similar to this, and I call this exhibit A.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/114689/star-wars-battlefront-ii-dev-team-is-probably-just-five-guys-change-my-mind
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • bfloo
    15830 posts Member
    why does everyone want palpy to be a wussy? he is supposed to be very powerful only ones who should be able to match his power are yoda and vader and soon to be anakin. heroes should be tiered at their different levels of power anyways. not every hero or villain should be equal this isnt the declaration of independence lol

Are you out of your mind?

First, this is a game, so it's mandatory that a certain balance between ALL of the characters exists.

Second, what you're saying doesn't even make sense canonically speaking. I mean, Palpatine didn't win ONE fight. He lost do Windu, he lost do Vader, he was about do lose to Yoda, he couldn't kill Luke.

If anything, he should have an ability called "sweet talk", to get people to join his team, because that's what he's good at.

He beat Yoda and was seconds from killing Luke.

He made Maul and Savage oppress look silly after he walked through Death Watch like they were nothing.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• #EnitaplapRedrum
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    #EnitaplapRedrum

0e4poikj2yii.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• bfloo wrote: »
    why does everyone want palpy to be a wussy? he is supposed to be very powerful only ones who should be able to match his power are yoda and vader and soon to be anakin. heroes should be tiered at their different levels of power anyways. not every hero or villain should be equal this isnt the declaration of independence lol

First, this is a game, so it's mandatory that a certain balance between ALL of the characters exists.

Second, what you're saying doesn't even make sense canonically speaking. I mean, Palpatine didn't win ONE fight. He lost do Windu, he lost do Vader, he was about do lose to Yoda, he couldn't kill Luke.

If anything, he should have an ability called "sweet talk", to get people to join his team, because that's what he's good at.

He beat Yoda and was seconds from killing Luke.

He made Maul and Savage oppress look silly after he walked through Death Watch like they were nothing.
    This is a game, not the theater. Also he didn't really beat yoda, it was more of a draw. Yoda just couldn't beat him.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Kamykatz
    217 posts Member
    So, this hotfix also brought matchmaking back in HvV (after two rounds on one map, no button)? Playing the dark/light side in a row several times etc.? Meh.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    The Palpatine Kill Switch will be executed in under 15 minutes. You will need to restart your game to see the change within the menus, but the game will know instantly as it transitions to new maps.

tenor.gif
  • That's disgusting he was fine before they messed with him with the at-at which was never a problem, I can tell why that hero designers sticks to twitter...
  • The whole stamina issue can be easily solved, just bring back the "timed" stamina like in Battlefront 2015. Like Heroes had about 7 to 11 seconds (depending on what character) to keep blocking before the stamina runs out, and then we had to wait a few seconds before cool down.

• why does everyone want palpy to be a wussy? he is supposed to be very powerful only ones who should be able to match his power are yoda and vader and soon to be anakin. heroes should be tiered at their different levels of power anyways. not every hero or villain should be equal this isnt the declaration of independence lol

He killed those jedi with mace and could easily of taken out windu had he not been feigning to turn anakin and he did kill windu in the end, yoda couldn't touch him and ran away like a coward when he realised he wasnt good enough to beat him, he had luke pretty much killed had it not been for the prophecy
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Poor OP Palp - Execute Order 99?
    At least we're getting a hotfix sometime soon but Palp doesn't seem to be on the hotfix list which means Palp gets a summer vacation...Palp getting sunburn in Daytona!
    Rumor or fact the Kathleen Kennedy is getting the axe?
  • He was perfect before the second part of the Han Solo season !!
  • massika
    230 posts Member
    Revenge our emperor!!
  • Levo
    239 posts Member
    He was Never fine. OP since release because of the Way his attack Works.
    Xbox GT: Levo18
  • OneJediCat
    39 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    x

You've put together a really good post man. Half of these bugs I've known and half of them I haven't. I had that bug in your first video. When I was blocking Vader once he choked me while my block was up and then I got choked and got hung up on this door, looking like some sort of decoration hanging from the ceiling lol.

It also makes me sad that bugs like these somehow make their way to this game patch after patch. I really hope these things are fixed soon.

The QA team indeed sounds like a joke.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Halpen4
    396 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm confused, if there was already a server side hotfix? What did it fix? These two small issues about daily challenge menu, and the bonus spam? Lol, well if so... I doubt it. The bonus spam used to be 3 or 4 lines, instead of one. Now I just played and the bonus 500 spam filled the whole screen top to bottom and did it twice.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Halpen4
    396 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Removed
  • Challenge completion spam – fixed

No, no it isn't fixed, not even close.
  • Icedragon7897
    1964 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Removed
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    The failed matchmaking thing has been turned back on it seems. Turn it back off, it didn't work before and isn't working now. I shouldn't be forced to leave a server...
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • @Devastator21823
    Thanks man! I've put some effort into these.

But TBF, my initial plan for this game was to make guides, as I love going deep into learning a game. But with the overwhelming number of Bugs, and the game mechanics turning upside down on every patch, I restricted myself to exposing Bugs and their causes and effects.

Very sad, I wish I had made my Rey guide back in January, but then patch 1.2 came along... and the game is becoming worse on every patch since then
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Sniffy44
    411 posts Member
    I saw a new problem where daily-challenge-completion was not being signalled in-game anymore, and daily-challenge progress was also not being displayed at end-of-game summary screen.
  • xmasterful
    619 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    [*] Emperor Palpatine – We plan to execute our Kill Switch (KS) for him. This means he will be removed from the game. He will be disabled until a hotfix can be deployed. We don’t take this decision lightly, but we feel it is in the best interest for everyone until a fix can be deployed.
    bz2xndu84s62.jpg

As someone whose fav character was Palps since picking up the game few months ago I am disappointed to hear he's been removed. Oh well... Guess this is how..
    e3ebhz9kj782.gif

P.S. Also, just to clarify I never use him in GA only in HvV. I have to admit though it is a highly questionable decision to remove him altogether. Why not just take the whole game offline until the "fix" can be deployed eh? Since many of us we're doing just fine with Palps long before any of these recent updates which appear to present more issues than fixes at this point.

cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1575 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    EA: rest in peace

Palp: I am warning you that if you kill me off I will grow more powerful than you can ever imagine
  • Adcro
    4 posts Member
    Is this a joke? Already that we still don't have new heroes, you bring the Emperor out?
    Why can't you just bring him as he was before the AT-ST update?
    I really don't understand where do you want to go with this game, make us all disappointed so we all leave it or you just don't want to work?
    This is a shame for an industry like EA, since the beginning you completely abandoned the development of this game. My last time I personally buy a game from EA.
  • It's embarrassing. You didn't use killswitch on Lando 18 months ago when he was ruining like EVERY mode w heroes in a game :joy:
  • Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    They found him a nice place in a retirement home.

• EA brings balance to the force ... wait a minute ... kill switch has caused a bug ....
  • EA brings balance to the force ... wait a minute ... kill switch has caused a bug ....

lhcvxaqlzazl.gif
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • He was too dangerous to be in game anyway.
  • here's a tip. roll back palp to where he was before you tried to fix him, don't mess with his lightning angles, just adjust the health regen bits and bingo.
  • He was too dangerous to be in game anyway.

Then how about we remove Rey too from the game while we're at it. She's too dangerous as well.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • Halpen4
    396 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Removed
  • Too bad they didn't use the Kill Switch on him during beta phase.

Good riddance. He should have a lightsaber. So many bugs involving his abilities.

Leave all of his abilities as is and give him a lightsaber already. :p

KC
  • Too bad they didn't use the Kill Switch on him during beta phase.

Good riddance. He should have a lightsaber. So many bugs involving his abilities.

Leave all of his abilities as is and give him a lightsaber already. :p

KC
    Never seen something like this kill-switch on palps before.
    6bl9p4od84or.gif

cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ironic. he could kill others but could not save himself.
  • What makes me laugh is that there were people around here who still had the courage to say he was fine...

He was as fine as a nice bottle of wine.
    What's wrong with nice and fine wine?
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif