criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Palpatine, Hotfix & More

1235

Replies

  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    How? In GA he’s basically another wookies warrior so he useless in there and in HVV you can stun him with Iden or palps, freeze him with Kylo, blow him up with bossk or boba or just overpower him with the tank of the dark side Vader. There’s so many ways to kill him, the fact that you want him neft states you do not know how to play this game. What’s next neft grevious because grevious is going to be a tank when he arrives and I’m happy for that and hope he dosent get neft so I can destroy so many players and I don’t want that to be mess up because of players like you complaining about how you can’t kill him because you ain’t got any skill.
  • Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    How? In GA he’s basically another wookies warrior so he useless in there and in HVV you can stun him with Iden or palps, freeze him with Kylo, blow him up with bossk or boba or just overpower him with the tank of the dark side Vader. There’s so many ways to kill him, the fact that you want him neft states you do not know how to play this game. What’s next neft grevious because grevious is going to be a tank when he arrives and I’m happy for that and hope he dosent get neft so I can destroy so many players and I don’t want that to be mess up because of players like you complaining about how you can’t kill him because you ain’t got any skill.

    Chewbacca is easy to play and is almost as powerful as Vader. He should not be nerfed.
  • Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    How? In GA he’s basically another wookies warrior so he useless in there and in HVV you can stun him with Iden or palps, freeze him with Kylo, blow him up with bossk or boba or just overpower him with the tank of the dark side Vader. There’s so many ways to kill him, the fact that you want him neft states you do not know how to play this game. What’s next neft grevious because grevious is going to be a tank when he arrives and I’m happy for that and hope he dosent get neft so I can destroy so many players and I don’t want that to be mess up because of players like you complaining about how you can’t kill him because you ain’t got any skill.

    Chewbacca is easy to play and is almost as powerful as Vader. He should not be nerfed.

    Didn’t I just said that Kylo and every other villian is easy to play as and can easy kill Chewbacca so do you want them neft too. Never mind better off let’s put kill switch’s on them all. Does that make you happy. If you don’t like it just don’t play as that character or the game because Chewbacca balance the game with all the villain tanks like Darth Vader and bossk we need someone to counter. Just improve yourself and this would be a problem. I can easily take out Chewbacca with bossk or boba.
  • Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    How? In GA he’s basically another wookies warrior so he useless in there and in HVV you can stun him with Iden or palps, freeze him with Kylo, blow him up with bossk or boba or just overpower him with the tank of the dark side Vader. There’s so many ways to kill him, the fact that you want him neft states you do not know how to play this game. What’s next neft grevious because grevious is going to be a tank when he arrives and I’m happy for that and hope he dosent get neft so I can destroy so many players and I don’t want that to be mess up because of players like you complaining about how you can’t kill him because you ain’t got any skill.

    Chewbacca is easy to play and is almost as powerful as Vader. He should not be nerfed.

    Didn’t I just said that Kylo and every other villian is easy to play as and can easy kill Chewbacca so do you want them neft too. Never mind better off let’s put kill switch’s on them all. Does that make you happy. If you don’t like it just don’t play as that character or the game because Chewbacca balance the game with all the villain tanks like Darth Vader and bossk we need someone to counter. Just improve yourself and this would be a problem. I can easily take out Chewbacca with bossk or boba.
    What?? Listen guy. I’ve just stated playing Chewbacca. My last light side hero to advance. I saved him for last because I’ve already understood his value in game. Why don’t you actually read and understand before commenting. I’m agreeing with your point. I said he should NOT be nerfed and simply commented on his ease of use. Some characters are easier to play than others. So what. I like Chewbacca. He’s the counter to Vader in my opinion. Let me repeat. Chewbacca should not be nerfed. He’s perfect just as he is. You get so worked up with arguing that you blind yourself to a supporter.
  • POTATOX
    48 posts Member
    I will be honest it is kind of weird without Palpatine being removed from the game.
  • I hope Emperor Palpatine is back in the game soon!!!
  • Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    How? In GA he’s basically another wookies warrior so he useless in there and in HVV you can stun him with Iden or palps, freeze him with Kylo, blow him up with bossk or boba or just overpower him with the tank of the dark side Vader. There’s so many ways to kill him, the fact that you want him neft states you do not know how to play this game. What’s next neft grevious because grevious is going to be a tank when he arrives and I’m happy for that and hope he dosent get neft so I can destroy so many players and I don’t want that to be mess up because of players like you complaining about how you can’t kill him because you ain’t got any skill.

    Chewbacca is easy to play and is almost as powerful as Vader. He should not be nerfed.

    Didn’t I just said that Kylo and every other villian is easy to play as and can easy kill Chewbacca so do you want them neft too. Never mind better off let’s put kill switch’s on them all. Does that make you happy. If you don’t like it just don’t play as that character or the game because Chewbacca balance the game with all the villain tanks like Darth Vader and bossk we need someone to counter. Just improve yourself and this would be a problem. I can easily take out Chewbacca with bossk or boba.
    What?? Listen guy. I’ve just stated playing Chewbacca. My last light side hero to advance. I saved him for last because I’ve already understood his value in game. Why don’t you actually read and understand before commenting. I’m agreeing with your point. I said he should NOT be nerfed and simply commented on his ease of use. Some characters are easier to play than others. So what. I like Chewbacca. He’s the counter to Vader in my opinion. Let me repeat. Chewbacca should not be nerfed. He’s perfect just as he is. You get so worked up with arguing that you blind yourself to a supporter.

    Oh I thought you said he should be neft but you actually said not neft him. Sorry my bad.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    Young Palpatine is in pain. Terrible Pain. I feel something terrible has happened.
  • Royazeee
    244 posts Member
    Adcro wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Already that we still don't have new heroes, you bring the Emperor out?
    Why can't you just bring him as he was before the AT-ST update?
    I really don't understand where do you want to go with this game, make us all disappointed so we all leave it or you just don't want to work?
    This is a shame for an industry like EA, since the beginning you completely abandoned the development of this game. My last time I personally buy a game from EA.

    Sorry am i missing something?!?
    What was the AT-ST update!?
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    jqee5mdn03v6.jpg
    .........
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Royazeee wrote: »
    Adcro wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Already that we still don't have new heroes, you bring the Emperor out?
    Why can't you just bring him as he was before the AT-ST update?
    I really don't understand where do you want to go with this game, make us all disappointed so we all leave it or you just don't want to work?
    This is a shame for an industry like EA, since the beginning you completely abandoned the development of this game. My last time I personally buy a game from EA.

    Sorry am i missing something?!?
    What was the AT-ST update!?

    They made it so he couldn't shoot the at-st driver. Thst made his chain lightning do no damage. It started the breaking. He was balanced after the health and targeting angle nerf.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Still no time table on this fix?
    You had to kill a character and the black screen of death is still a thing.

    This fix has to come fast.
  • Tigzee
    182 posts Member
    @F8RGE Will Palpatine be gone ALL summer long? August too?
  • Supino
    155 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I
    Still no time table on this fix?
    You had to kill a character and the black screen of death is still a thing.

    This fix has to come fast.

    Agreed. We cant go another month with this game breaking bugs. I guess its a hot fix right, so it should arrive fast.
  • awakespace
    1067 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Still no time table on this fix?
    You had to kill a character and the black screen of death is still a thing.

    This fix has to come fast.

    They clearly are in over their heads with programming this game. They don't really know what they are doing. Think about it - here are a few examples:
    • It's been 4 updates in a row that Palpatine has gotten more and more messed up, even though they were specifically focused on trying to fix him. His chain lightning stopped working. His lightning started auotaiming and locking on targets. His stamina regen got super slow. He can't drain stamina of blocking force users. And now his stamina regenerates in click chunks - like some caveman bandaid remedy code.
    • Maul's saber throw stopped working out of the blue. They have tried to make it work again for months - like 5 updates in a row - but can't get it back to the way it was at launch.
    • Out of nowhere 2x multiplier stops working.
    • Out of nowhere credits visual bug makes it look like we are getting super low credits at the end of the match.
    • They can't get Luke's force powers to work consistently - they can't figure this out.
    • Bossk's predator instinct sometimes doesn't work - which has been going on since launch. They don't know why.
    • The Vader choke still happens 50% of the time.
    • Vader still gets stuck in choke position sometimes.
    • Boba Fett's jetpack can out at any time.
    • They can't figure out how to add health on kill to all heroes. How is this hard?

    *removed vulgar language*
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    awakespace wrote: »
    Still no time table on this fix?
    You had to kill a character and the black screen of death is still a thing.

    This fix has to come fast.

    They clearly are in over their heads with programming this game. They don't really know what they are doing. Think about it - here are a few examples:
    • It's been 4 updates in a row that Palpatine has gotten more and more messed up, even though they were specifically focused on trying to fix him. His chain lightning stopped working. His lightning started auotaiming and locking on targets. His stamina regen got super slow. He can't drain stamina of blocking force users. And now his stamina regenerates in click chunks - like some caveman bandaid remedy code.
    • Maul's saber throw stopped working out of the blue. They have tried to make it work again for months - like 5 updates in a row - but can't get it back to the way it was at launch.
    • Out of nowhere 2x multiplier stops working.
    • Out of nowhere credits visual bug makes it look like we are getting super low credits at the end of the match.
    • They can't get Luke's force powers to work consistently - they can't figure this out.
    • Bossk's predator instinct sometimes doesn't work - which has been going on since launch. They don't know why.
    • The Vader epilepsy choke still happens 50% of the time.
    • Vader still gets stuck in choke position sometimes.
    • Boba Fett's jetpack can **** out at any time.
    • They can't figure out how to add health on kill to all heroes. How is this hard?

    Add the black 'never' load screen to the list among others but nice list - the devs most likely do NOT want to see it though...put it on reddit instead, they seem to look there more than their own forum page. Rey can still charge through blocks, wookie imploder goes through floors and walls, etc.
  • Did not see this until now. I noticed that gameplay was generally more pleasant this weekend, and realized part of it was I had not seen Palpatine. I saw some of The Amazing Iden Versio, but no Palpatine. Honestly the game is better without him and he is not missed. Whatever the last change did to him, it was like in the first couple months when people discovered how OP he was, and then everyone was swooping down as him. The last update brought that back. I know he has to be competitive, but the high bouncing up and down, lightning reach, and seemingly high stamina and high survivability makes him still very OP.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    GA was playable again without having to worry about papa palpatine floating all over and shocking yiu at any moment. I remember vividly on Kashhyk making my way to the generator when suddenly I see this figure floating down from the top of one of the buildings. suddenly my teammates around me start convulsing in electrical shock and keel over. I turn to run but its too late.
  • Sniffy44
    393 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Young Palpatine is in pain. Terrible Pain. I feel something terrible has happened.

    Young Palpatine: A Star Wars Story

    [scene opens: Baby Boy Palpatine is at the Pod Races]
  • So what does this mean for the acheivment to play as all characters? He's literally the last character i need to play as.

    Seriously.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    Carlson275 wrote: »
    So what does this mean for the acheivment to play as all characters? He's literally the last character i need to play as.

    Seriously.

    You'll have to wait until he's fixed and reinserted. I'm in a similar situation. He's the only hero/villain that I don't have L40. I have to wait to level him up and complete his Veteran milestone (both of which I would've completed over the weekend if he hadn't been kill switched).
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    I wouldn't kill switch him, but something should be done imo. I normally don't cry for nerfs for anything, I'd rather have other things brought up in strength to match the OP thing.

    I feel like if the light side in HVV does not choose Chewie, they are probably not going to win (or at least it will be much harder). While I'm playing dark side, if I see that the other team isn't using Chewie, I usually breathe a sigh of relief and proceed to wreck with my teammates. Not sure if anyone else has this experience as well? If Chewie does indeed need to be added for the heroes to have a better chance of winning, doesn't that indicate that maybe the other heroes (other than Rey) need some sort of buff?

    I don't think the villains have anyone like this (one villain MUST be used unless they want to make things very difficult for themselves, similar to Chewie for the light side). Maybe it's because they are in general just more powerful?

    The only thing I may change specifically for Chewie is how he can just blast Boba out of the sky and kill him before he stands up. Other than that, I would suggest stunning effects on all abilities be slightly lowered against heroes and villains.
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    I wouldn't kill switch him, but something should be done imo. I normally don't cry for nerfs for anything, I'd rather have other things brought up in strength to match the OP thing.

    I feel like if the light side in HVV does not choose Chewie, they are probably not going to win (or at least it will be much harder). While I'm playing dark side, if I see that the other team isn't using Chewie, I usually breathe a sigh of relief and proceed to wreck with my teammates. Not sure if anyone else has this experience as well? If Chewie does indeed need to be added for the heroes to have a better chance of winning, doesn't that indicate that maybe the other heroes (other than Rey) need some sort of buff?

    I don't think the villains have anyone like this (one villain MUST be used unless they want to make things very difficult for themselves, similar to Chewie for the light side). Maybe it's because they are in general just more powerful?

    The only thing I may change specifically for Chewie is how he can just blast Boba out of the sky and kill him before he stands up. Other than that, I would suggest stunning effects on all abilities be slightly lowered against heroes and villains.

    Darkside usually needs vader.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    I wouldn't kill switch him, but something should be done imo. I normally don't cry for nerfs for anything, I'd rather have other things brought up in strength to match the OP thing.

    I feel like if the light side in HVV does not choose Chewie, they are probably not going to win (or at least it will be much harder). While I'm playing dark side, if I see that the other team isn't using Chewie, I usually breathe a sigh of relief and proceed to wreck with my teammates. Not sure if anyone else has this experience as well? If Chewie does indeed need to be added for the heroes to have a better chance of winning, doesn't that indicate that maybe the other heroes (other than Rey) need some sort of buff?

    I don't think the villains have anyone like this (one villain MUST be used unless they want to make things very difficult for themselves, similar to Chewie for the light side). Maybe it's because they are in general just more powerful?

    The only thing I may change specifically for Chewie is how he can just blast Boba out of the sky and kill him before he stands up. Other than that, I would suggest stunning effects on all abilities be slightly lowered against heroes and villains.

    Darkside usually needs vader.

    Yes, he was the only one I considered, but I don't think it's to the extent that light side needs Chewie. Just my opinion.
  • il96
    570 posts Member
    Chewie in GA is terrible, just a blaster magnet out there. I try and try but its like the other team hears him and gets a confidence boost. Lets say there is a nerf (I for one don't want one) it should be Shock reduction or damage vulnerability reduction cards.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Starfighter arcade is unplayable as only half the opposing team spawns making matches way too long.
  • VaperEyes
    630 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    [Sheev Palpatine (also known by his Sith identity Darth Sidious and publicly as Senator Palpatine, then Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, and later Emperor Palpatine) is a fictional character and one of the primary antagonists of the Star Wars franchise]
    With so many names to choose from...I have to admit I don't miss any of them. The game is fine without any of these split personalities. Bossk, Iden, Vader, and Kylo can handle the throne until the Emperor returns.
    *I recommend they bring him back in a wheelchair - bc the Nerf Season will dominate until the Geonosis arrives*
  • There's zero chance he doesnt return, and frankly him but being in would leave the game feeling incomplete.
  • F8RGE and DICE, the 2x Battle Points bug has made the game unplayable for several good players whose primary gameplay is Galactic Assault. It's enough to knock several of us from always Top 5/first two heroes to the second quarter of players because the multiplier doesn't work and ***** that die 10 times can keep up on Battle Points.

    There's no bug or fix that has pushed me away from the game; almost everything can be accommodated or played around. But this one has. I'm not going from dominating GA to maybe getting a hero at the end of the match if I'm lucky. This bug has screwed up the game more than anything past or present for players like me. I realize we're a minority, but it's incredibly frustrating.
  • How about you also fix the issue with frame drops for regular GA play on PS4 PRO while you're at it.
  • Impressive, it didn't take a month to fix this time, too bad this fervor doesn't carry over to actual new content. Release everything in Clone wars all at once, not dribbled out every other month, and this Game will see a massive spike in enthusiasm. Clone skins are icing on the cake, totally not enough to launch the CWs season. Why is this even a thing? Im guessing you haven't even started on anakin and dooku yet, have you?
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I think there's also the fact that the game mechanics of shooting lightning bolts at people... usually scare the crap out of them so they don't know how to react. You can't shoot at him because he will just dash around or behind you until you are killed, and as a hero, Palpatine is way too quick, he just evades then comes back when it's convenient to kill a hero off. I think if the devs allow it so Jedi are allowed to block Palp's lightning with a lightsaber and send it back to him for a limited time will be a good addition- to give them enough time to ESCAPE from Palpatine.
  • Goomas
    94 posts Member
    I was playing a week or so ago and someone with Pappa Palp got 111 kills in Galactic Assault! I know he killed me at least 10 times. It got so bad that if I saw or heard him I would run the other way. I even broke away from Objectives just to save myself. One shock and instant death. Even when buffed by nearby Officers.

    I miss the old man Sith, but if he comes back, I hope his powers are nerfed and he is more balanced with the other heroes and villains.
  • Impressive, it didn't take a month to fix this time, too bad this fervor doesn't carry over to actual new content. Release everything in Clone wars all at once, not dribbled out every other month, and this Game will see a massive spike in enthusiasm. Clone skins are icing on the cake, totally not enough to launch the CWs season. Why is this even a thing? Im guessing you haven't even started on anakin and dooku yet, have you?

    Is it really fixed until he's back in the game, though?

    This just less broken not fixed.
  • Dascooker wrote: »
    #RevertNotFix
    awakespace wrote: »
    Please listen to the community F8RGE and DICE. Please!

    Don't "fix" Palpatine and don't "adjust" the saber user stamina system. This is not what we want. This is not the right move.

    Revert Palpatine to his build at the release of Solo season part 1. This is before you attempted to "fix' the ATAT bug that spiraled into the situation we have now. The ATAT bug is completely fine to live with for now.

    Revert saber users to the build that was prior to to Solo season part 1, in which they could break through a block with an air strike. This was great. The issue you are trying to resolve was not an issue until you made this change.

    Again, don't fix or tinker, just revert.

    ^^ This. Please and Thank you.

  • il96
    570 posts Member
    I'm sure this has been talked about but I think the appropriate nerf is (aside from all auto-aming, thru walls, stamina glitches etc those go back to par).
    Further reduce heal card by 5 more on each color
    Reduce standard lightning damage by 10% (not sure the DPS).
    Thoughts?
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • awakespace
    1067 posts Member
    il96 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been talked about but I think the appropriate nerf is (aside from all auto-aming, thru walls, stamina glitches etc those go back to par).
    Further reduce heal card by 5 more on each color
    Reduce standard lightning damage by 10% (not sure the DPS).
    Thoughts?

    He was perfect when he was nerfed in Solo Season Part 1 - they just messed him up unintentionally by trying to fix bugs 4 times in a row since
  • WoogeyWhite
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    As someone who preordered the game and has played it from day one while defending it from naysayers/boycotters, everything that has been done since launch to "improve" the game has been extremely disappointing. At no point have the hotfixes or patches seemed to directly relate to actual issues but more to appease players who are complaining. Every match is still incredibly unbalanced, you're either on the team destroying everyone or you're on the team being destroyed (boring). I unlocked everything before the progression system was changed so to be told that a hero I worked to upgrade through earning credits and crafting parts (which are now completely useless) is just gone from the game is a disservice to everyone. Complain about palpatine but say nothing about trying to play GA in tight corridors when the lightside team chooses Yoda or finn and the dark side team can't even get down a hallway because of all the buffs. I know others have felt the frustration of getting to the final phase of a GA assault match only to die repeatedly at the end of a hallway because of wookie enforcers and heavy troops. Furthermore the future roadmap for this game shouldn't take the rest of the year to be released. All the content that is planned could and should be part of a single update (arguably shouldve been included in the initial release). I enjoy this game as much as it frustrates me and will continue to play if only to hold out hope it actually does get better. My love for Star Wars is the only reason I picked up this game. This is one of the most visually stunning games but a polished -removed- is still just a -removed-.


    (P.s. bring back Supremacy mode and the sullust map from Walker assault. Thatd actually be fan service.)
    {MOD EDIT:Language}
    Post edited by F03hammer on
  • As someone who preordered the game and has played it from day one while defending it from naysayers/boycotters, everything that has been done since launch to "improve" the game has been extremely disappointing. At no point have the hotfixes or patches seemed to directly relate to actual issues but more to appease players who are complaining. Every match is still incredibly unbalanced, you're either on the team destroying everyone or you're on the team being destroyed (boring). I unlocked everything before the progression system was changed so to be told that a hero I worked to upgrade through earning credits and crafting parts (which are now completely useless) is just gone from the game is a disservice to everyone. Complain about palpatine but say nothing about trying to play GA in tight corridors when the lightside team chooses Yoda or finn and the dark side team can't even get down a hallway because of all the buffs. I know others have felt the frustration of getting to the final phase of a GA assault match only to die repeatedly at the end of a hallway because of wookie enforcers and heavy troops. Furthermore the future roadmap for this game shouldn't take the rest of the year to be released. All the content that is planned could and should be part of a single update (arguably shouldve been included in the initial release). I enjoy this game as much as it frustrates me and will continue to play if only to hold out hope it actually does get better. My love for Star Wars is the only reason I picked up this game. This is one of the most visually stunning games but a polished -removed- is still just a -removed-.


    (P.s. bring back Supremacy mode and the sullust map from Walker assault. Thatd actually be fan service.)
    {MOD EDIT:Language}


    I demand the team reverse all the patch, every patch after progression update brings nothing but disaster . It's pretty clear whoever patching this game is not doing a good job.

    Fix one thing( sort of ) , breaks another ( definitely).

    Fix pal can kill people in ATAT? Wait, isn't that endor is the only map that could happen? ATAT on endor is so OP i gotten 50k BP just from 1 run. If anything Pal is the only savor. Did your consecutive failing patches fix anything? Nope, it only got us the KILL SWITCH.


    I don't believe your lies anymore. In a few days you will make an announcement saying you can't make a hotfix therefore Pal is locked for another 3 months.


    POST PATCH TEAM . Please don't touch this game anymore. You'll only making it worst. History is just repeating itself .
  • Oidmetala
    248 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    For sure all this mess will push back the new Clone Wars content aswell...

    I love this game, but changing the existing things since release gets old.
    I don't want to wait untill late August untill you bring back Palpatine.
    Please don't speak about Hotfix when you can't do it fast.

    At the moment we are losing content, instead of getting new content...
  • Jay84
    5 posts Member
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    For sure all this mess will push back the new Clone Wars content aswell...

    I love this game, but changing the existing things since release gets old.
    I don't want to wait untill late August untill you bring back Palpatine.
    Please don't speak about Hotfix when you can't do it fast.

    At the moment we are losing content, instead of getting new content...

    EA`s new strategy: Dont add content just remove it.
  • Hello_Internet
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »

    [*] Emperor Palpatine – We plan to execute our Kill Switch (KS) for him. This means he will be removed from the game. He will be disabled until a hotfix can be deployed. We don’t take this decision lightly, but we feel it is in the best interest for everyone until a fix can be deployed.


    Sir, I like to ask you : "Why was Palpatine also removed from single player/arcade mode?"

    PS:
    Exciting Roadmap. Looking forward to the upcoming new heroes especially Obi Wan.
  • F8RGE wrote: »

    [*] Emperor Palpatine – We plan to execute our Kill Switch (KS) for him. This means he will be removed from the game. He will be disabled until a hotfix can be deployed. We don’t take this decision lightly, but we feel it is in the best interest for everyone until a fix can be deployed.


    Sir, I like to ask you : "Why was Palpatine also removed from single player/arcade mode?"

    PS:
    Exciting Roadmap. Looking forward to the upcoming new heroes especially Obi Wan.

    Killswitch deleted him, which could be done without a full patch.

    I'm guessing leaving him in arcade alone would've required a patch to disable him in every other game mode.
  • Dingbattin_1000
    174 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So what I gather from what this post was originally about is that the bugs that have not been fixed since release will never get fixed because every time there is an update they are to busy working on hot fixes to fix the newly created bugs. It's these low priority bugs that never get fixed that annoy people the most. For instance, I'm tired of shooting people in the face with vanguard or hitting them in the chest with an ariel's rocket and doing no damage, get melee'd to death by somebody facing the other direction yet when I melee them in the back it goes right through them and does nothing, being able to target taun-tauns with ion torpedoes but not any of the manned cannons, stationary rifles, or radar things on Hoth like we could in BF1, or the flash grenade that for all the hype on how they make it less powerful never actually changes anything...I'm still blind, can't roll, can't jump, can't really do much of anything for like 5 seconds and my back was to that grenade when it went off...makes sense to me. There are so many bugs in BF2 compared to BF1 it's insane and it shows the true level of competence in the people doing the programming...at least that is how it appears to the customer base even if it's not true.
  • Stealth862
    109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Palp post nerf:

    vlmc459iijua.jpg
  • PGA1957 wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    PGA1957 wrote: »
    This is not proceeding as I had foreseen.

    Tiger Woods didn’t proceed as foreseen either. :neutral:

    He proceeded in ways that he shouldn't have.....................All I'm going to say about that.

    Lmfaoooo
  • xmasterful
    619 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Fevee wrote: »
    Can you Kill Switch Chewie as well? Way overpowered.

    3lwtgr6ufk2n.gif
    F8RGE wrote: »

    [*] Emperor Palpatine – We plan to execute our Kill Switch (KS) for him. This means he will be removed from the game. He will be disabled until a hotfix can be deployed. We don’t take this decision lightly, but we feel it is in the best interest for everyone until a fix can be deployed.


    Sir, I like to ask you : "Why was Palpatine also removed from single player/arcade mode?"

    PS:
    Exciting Roadmap. Looking forward to the upcoming new heroes especially Obi Wan.

    Killswitch deleted him, which could be done without a full patch.

    I'm guessing leaving him in arcade alone would've required a patch to disable him in every other game mode.
    He is still playable in arcade offline and just as strong as ever.
    f5h8lolhzrjz.gif
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • I hear all the points but I personally miss the multiplier.

    Why?

    Because of team balance issues. Dice is unlikely to create a matchmaking system that is fair.

    Since You’re rarely on a balanced team; If you’re the only good player, getting a hero early can give you a fighting chance to turn the tide.

    If you don’t like the multiplier because you want longer infantry only battles, play Blast or strike. Hero gameplay is the reason why a big game mode like GA exists.
  • Andrien
    194 posts Member
    Alright, I get this and I don't. Players were complaining because his lighting could shoot through walls and he had uber stamina, was ruining matches, bla, bla, bla. So what? The guys at EA are making millions off games and micro-transactions so your IT guys are getting paid. Get them to work fixing the problem.

    The Vampiir class in Dark Age of Camelot was overpowered for years and players wanted the toon deleted. Did EA ever pull the plug on the Vampiir? No, they just kept making class balance changes. Same thing with the Paladin. It's an indestructible wall of plate armor that's even more overpowered than ever now. EA/Mythic didn't do a blessed thing about it. So why remove Palpatine in BF 2?
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Curious whether others are experiencing:
    1. lag - a bunch recently and my ping is 20-21 on xbone - love them teleporting players
    2. saber hit reg issues - on GA and HvV w/ both heroes and villains
    3. hit markers without points/dmg done to enemies with blaster fire - been on and off gun play - spotty
    4. scoreboard not matching personal screen - sometimes it is only a few other times as much as 53 points
    5. on xbone level 50 achievement didn't unlock
    6. the nade through teammates needs added badly - choke points on small game modes is a mess
    7. extraction badly needs more maps
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!