criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

QA Team? Where?

I did post a similar thing in the hotfix feedback thread, but I really think this should get more attention.

About the QA team:
Where were they when you made the changes that made Palpatine like this prior to releasing July's Patch? Where were they prior to releasing June's Patch that messed up Rey's Damaging Strike Star card? Where were they prior to May's Hotfix that broke Palpatine's Chain Lightning Ability? Where were they prior to the DC-15LE Explosive Shot BUG? Where ARE they, considering Answers HQ is FILLED with BUGs since release?

I do a better job on testing then them! And I get nothing besides Bans and being Jailed constantly:

I reported certain skills are the cause for the corpse attack BUG;
I reported you could lose 2 points in a row in hero Showdown if both players on the same team triggered the Spawn BUG;
I reported on how one triggers the unable to spawn BUG;
I reported on getting the objective marker stuck on screen in Strike, Jetpack Cargo and Ewok Hunt;
I reported on all 3 Out of Bounds areas in Bespin on the day of its release;
I reported how to trigger Rey's Dash Strike with Damaging Strike BUG;
I reported how Palpatine's Chain Lightning BUG had a mark property;
I reported a bad place in Endor where the speeder bike can't pass through a gap at least 3 times larger then itself;
I reported how Rey's Dash Strike has an orientation BUG;
I reported that those random palpatine electrocutes actually linger in place;
I reported Kylo's Bloodletting Frenzy card doesn't apply any bonus at all;
I reported Intensified Lightsaber Throw card was giving the wrong value as bonus;
I reported how you could get killed by a Chair;
I reported how aircraft sometimes don't explode on impact and get stuck;
I reported how to activate Dash Strike's Visual Glitch;
I reported about all models in the game excluding a select few just go invisible;
I reported how the LIUV can go Out of Bounds on Starkiller;
I reported how to get a character stuck in the menu background;
I reported on Vader's Choke making him stuck in the animation;
I reported how Vader's Choke could lock the affected enemy camera after the choke, and even after he dies;
I reported how Vader's Choke can shake the camera like crazy;
I reported how Vader's Choke and other paralyzing effects could stop your abilities and jumping from working;
I reported on lightsabers not turning on, and thereby not allowing players to attack;
I reported how one can manage infinite jetpack uses with the Aerial Class;
I reported how one can use jetpack infinitely in jetpack Cargo (it's completely different from the previous one);
I reported how Furious Resilience was giving 55% of damage reduction instead of 25%;
I reported that people could use duplicate heroes on HvV;
I reported you could fall past the deathzone and stay alive in the bottom of maps;
I reported AI starships could be killed in Kashyyyk and that would count as Player Kills and to your Killstreak;

And this isn't all, I have many things I wish to report but I don't have the time to make good videos on them because I'm on finals on college:
How monkeys on Kashyyyk and Yavin walk but don't move;
How a Tauntaun can fly;
How to get 20K Battlepoints on Hoth GA First phase without killing or damaging any enemy;
How to enter the mountain in GA Kashyyyk 1st phase;
How to skywalk on Endor after the fix that supposedly removed that;
How to enter the walls on Endor;
How to skywalk on Takodana;
How to climb the castle walls on Takodana with any lightsaber Hero/Villain;
How to jetpack upwards infinitely with Boba Fett;
How to access an invisible tower on Death Star;
How to enter the walls on Hoth;
How to enter the walls on Starkiller;
How to spawn somewhere different then the initial spawn in HvV;
How to enter the walls in Yavin;
How to half block an immobilizing power;

And I'm sure I forgot some.

To finish this, the most important report I gave, consisted of a method to trigger the Disabled Block BUG. I discovered a method that consistently triggers a BUG that makes your lightsaber user unable to block, until he depletes all his stamina. I presented the method to your team so they can debug this issue and discover its cause. This method consists of first triggering the half block BUG, then in the middle of a choke while in the half block BUG, you escape in a precise time to trigger the Disabled Block BUG. Then if you deplete your stamina, you're back to normal, but if you're Rey, your next Dash Strike will probably trigger the Dash Strike's Visual Glitch.

What did the dev team do about it? Absolutely Nothing, and they still get paid as normal employees. Reminds me that Luigi winning on every game by doing absolutely nothing joke.
luigi_meme_by_des_rookie-d60vjtq.png

The playlist of BUGs on my channel is incredibly long, much longer then it should be, and of course there are many BUGs that aren't there:

Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• mathxlrose wrote: »
    In case they ban you, we all love you, buddy!

Thanks! I don't think I laughed this hard for months! You made my day!
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • fancyladypants
    251 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    There is no QA team, that is a blatant lie. The dev team is "aware". This is what they do when not breaking things. They are "aware" of all of these bugs. "Aware" has never gotten anything fixed but they are currently, "aware" of them at this time. Stay tuned here/Reddit/somebody's Twitter account/in-game chat box/local broadcast news/The National Enquirer ads for possible news about possible updates.

Planned fixes are scheduled by seasons now as are the future roadmap of broken updates. Not "Han Solo" seasons or the Mo Town group the 4 Seasons, but rather the seasons of the year-Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. We measure glacier movements on this time scale just for a quick comparison on when you can expect a patch.
  • Anapoda
    740 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    That sure was a long [removed] first post lol.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Sending some love from Brazil.

\o/
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1401 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    They won’t ban him. There’s no reason to. He’s always supported this community with feedback an showcasing bugs and issues. Great dude IMO.

What’s the point of banning people when it’s only temporary? That’s not really a ban at all... I don’t understand that about this forum.
  • stevenomes
    4606 posts Member
    your icon is still up. no jail yet it seems.
  • Anapoda wrote: »
    That sure was a long **** first post lol.

I could have made it longer if I had access to my post list in Answers HQ, the place where we report BUGs.

But Guess What? I got a 14 days ban there!
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    Sending some love from Brazil.

\o/

Lol really? My clan is a brazilian clan. Olá!
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • Oh, you're talking nonsense, Zero! The QA has to have priorities. Like fixing air attacks, which of course no one asked to, but it's a priority.

Or messing with the combat mechanics, which, again, no one asked.

Real bugs are down on their list. If they have one.
  • Oh, you're talking nonsense, Zero! The QA has to have priorities. Like fixing air attacks, which of course no one asked to, but it's a priority.

Oh yeah, like that really important BUG where Palpatine could hit the AT-AT pilot with a well used Chain Lightning, on Endor, in GA, only during the 2nd Phase. That was a really important BUG to fix. And you remember the outcome? Chain Lightning became useless, until I discovered its secret property of marking. It sure was a BUG well corrected, I don't get it why they changed the Chain Lightning afterwards, it was great.
    They won’t ban him. There’s no reason to. He’s always supported this community with feedback an showcasing bugs and issues. Great dude IMO.

#WeDashTogetherWeDieTogether :sunglasses:

Thanks Dash! Although I know you prefer a friendlier environment (and I usually get too angry to support a friendly environment), it means a lot to have this compliment, so thank you.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • Anapoda
    740 posts Member
    What's the point of all this though? What's the goal of that thread beyond you venting some anger?
  • Anapoda wrote: »
    What's the point of all this though? What's the goal of that thread beyond you venting some anger?

If it gets enough attention, maybe they'll finally get a serious QA team? My purpose is to make this game enjoyable.

When I started playing SWBFII2017 my purpose with my channel was to make some gameplay guides because I loved SWBF2015, but I joined too late to get attention.

But instead of making guides I've been BUG reporting since the beginning, and that's very frustrating. I wish this Star Wars game was a fun game, and it isn't when you have to deal with bugs on every single match
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • Anapoda
    740 posts Member
    Anapoda wrote: »

If it gets enough attention, maybe they'll finally get a serious QA team?

A commendable goal.
  • bfloo
    13047 posts Member
    None of those are bugs, they are features ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• il96
    299 posts Member
    Well, did you get a resume together and apply with cover letter and community users as references?
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Dash
    11384 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh, you're talking nonsense, Zero! The QA has to have priorities. Like fixing air attacks, which of course no one asked to, but it's a priority.

Oh yeah, like that really important BUG where Palpatine could hit the AT-AT pilot with a well used Chain Lightning, on Endor, in GA, only during the 2nd Phase. That was a really important BUG to fix. And you remember the outcome? Chain Lightning became useless, until I discovered its secret property of marking. It sure was a BUG well corrected, I don't get it why they changed the Chain Lightning afterwards, it was great.

#WeDashTogetherWeDieTogether :sunglasses:

Thanks Dash! Although I know you prefer a friendlier environment (and I usually get too angry to support a friendly environment), it means a lot to have this compliment, so thank you.

No problem man. Anytime. :sunglasses:

There others here as well who bug report and showcase other concerns as well. Each of them/us goes about it in different unique ways. Mood/Temperments vary, as they should, we’re all Very different people with different needs/wants/concerns. And each of those are ranked at higher or lower in levels of importance in being fixed accordingly to each Posters Personal Preference.

So when anyone posts a concern, showcasing an issue, and as long as it’s not a Cursing Festival of Hatred and Ignorance, yes, it will be a Great post for the Betterment of the game. :blush:

Positive or Negative doesn’t matter, it’s the Delivery of the statement that Does matter. :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• t3hBar0n
    4737 posts Member
    We are right here bro, we are the QA team!!!
  • Dash
    11384 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    oe8a36tro33e.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• t3hBar0n wrote: »

ok4hc6f05koh.gif
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member

Sadly, that's how many development houses view the product lifecycle. A perpetual beta, that the customer will bug test. The smart ones do this by having a semi-private opt-in unstable branch. Those that want to use the cutting edge can choose to be bug testers.

Sadly, that's how many development houses view the product lifecycle. A perpetual beta, that the customer will bug test. The smart ones do this by having a semi-private opt-in unstable branch. Those that want to use the cutting edge can choose to be bug testers.

u9e6cre4azew.gif
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • True we're the QA testers and we report back to the , "We are aware of the bug....." team.
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member

u9e6cre4azew.gif

It's probably not English, but it sounded that way in my head.
  • True we're the QA testers and we report back to the , "We are aware of the bug....." team.

Their Awareness is so incredible, I wish I could be aware of so many BUGs, I already forgot a few I reported myself.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • *blind han solo*

QA team? QA Team??? WHERE?!

*swings wildly, knocking BF2 into Sarlac Pit*
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Finding bugs is one thing, reproducing them 100% of the time, finding the source and fixing them is another.
  • Evazan127 wrote: »
    Finding bugs is one thing, reproducing them 100% of the time, finding the source and fixing them is another.

Many of these I found how to reproduce 100% of the time, and told them how to. If they gave me the debug tools to search these, I assure you with time I'd find them. Bug hunting on code is what made me join a modding team for a game I play for more then a decade. There, they couldn't find the source of a CTD, their only clue was on a unit from the AI player that was causing the crash.

The code was written in C++, I searched around using Visual Studio Debugging tools and after a few days I discovered how the BUG was causing a CTD. As they only needed to fix the CTD, and not necessarily to discover what caused the BUG in the first place (it'd be good to discover that, but considering it was in a match that was running for years, and that withstood many version changes, finding its source was likely impossible), I simply manually changed a few Binary Values inside that faulty Unit from the AI player to comply with the methods that dealt with it, and everything started working again. More info on spoilers.
    It was a cascading effect due to a Unit Slot flagged as available, but not listed as available in the available slots list. When the AI trained a new unit, it tried to go to that slot, but as it stumbled upon the availability flag, all went spiraling into a CTD that actually took 2 turns to eventually crash. It's a TBS game, Civilization IV. The issue here was that they couldn't really discover what half of these values meant because it was all created through bitwise operations, which are strange and many programmers fear them, as they are numerical methods that are hard to understand in the world of decimals, but trivial to the binary world

This was like 2 years ago, and we've been playing that match since then with no BUGs popping again at all.

So, not only I do the best I can with the tools I have here, but if they gave me more tools to play with, I'd fix the BUGs they struggle so hard to fix, given the proper time.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif

I signed to be an EA tester. Never got any message. They even asked me why I wanted to be a tester. Was it because I wanted to play games before anyone else? Was it because I wanted to get amazing prizes? Or was it because I wanted to help EA?

I really thought about it for a long time, only ridiculous reasons. I wanted to test games so a mess like this Battlefront doesn't happen again. But they think we're all kids or teenagers with selfish desires above anything else.

And the option which is to help them, so they know who are the bootlickers (to not say something worse)
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif