criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Bring Palpatine back

Seriously all you had to do was make him stop shooting through walls, not just delete him.

First Crait now this? Is the new EA business plan here to just delete everything that gets a dumb decision that makes players mad?
Why wouldn't you just roll him.back at the least?

Give us some real answers from the dev team and stop deleting stuff from the game we paid for

Replies

• Totally agree, the game is no fun without him

Worst Game maintenance ive ever seen... and its getting worse and worse. EA is a great Company But battlefront is ran By its interns...
  • When they add him back they need to give him a skin as well new voice lines for apology!
    Current Topics:
    Secondary Hand For Every Class
    Hero Appearances: Leia Organa

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• Nude palpatine
  • Yes bring palpultine back please why did yall remove him from the game? This is getting tireing EA and your not doing a good job at all with star wars battlefeont 2 and also a lot of errors than you change the light sabor when you block stamina which was so dum and stupid. Put the blocking back just as it was without losing stamina. It makes the game way less fun and without getting hit than you lose to block at all not fair against shooters. Ray light sabor keeps continueing to hit you after 1 hit glitch fix all these problems please and bring ewok hunt back to as well. What is wrong with you creators. Stop with all these problems and issues with this great game that its suppose to be. I will repaet that again bring Emperor Palpultine back. Thank you very much. We are all tired of these issues with this game and its better than 1.
  • Guys you realize he won't be gone permanently right? They'll put him back in as soon as he's fixed. This is just temporary so that the game is not unbalanced by his glitch.
  • Guys you realize he won't be gone permanently right? They'll put him back in as soon as he's fixed. This is just temporary so that the game is not unbalanced by his glitch.
    Yeah, he's not gone for good, so I don't see what the issue is here.

I'm not a regular Palpatine player, so I don't care if he ever comes back (I never played him after the patch since I knew he was broken) . Even if he doesn't come back...why not just play one of the other characters available and actually get good with one of them? Palpatine users were always seemed to use him like a crutch - he's horrendously designed and takes virtually no effort to do well with (which is 100% unique to just him), just as long as you know how to hold both shoulder buttons down.

To whoever on the team who made the decision to remove him - Thank you. Whenever there's a balancing problem, it is significantly better to remove it completely so the team can rebalance it on their own without affecting the player base. By removing him completely, it allows the team to get a detailed analysis into what the problems are. With that, they don't have to keep releasing patches in case they don't get the supposed "fix" right the first time. I appreciate them wanting to to take the time to get Palpatine right, instead of just doing something simple and being like "meh it's good enough".

Most developers seem to only apply band-aid fixes for things that need rebalancing, and the removal of Palpatine gets me hopeful that someone on the team is actually playing the game. When band-aid fixes occur, it generally signals to me that the team doesn't understand what the real issues are, and thus, makes me question whether or not they're actually playing the game they are coding/designing for.

With the removal of Palpatine, and the addition of block changes, I think Heroes vs. Villains is significantly more enjoyable in comparison to when I first started (which admittedly was only a few months ago). Don't get me wrong, I think it still needs a bunch of improvements, but I think it's getting geared to be more balanced.
  • sillysaxon
    109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The issue here is that these devs are inept. You don't remove something from the game because you made a poor balancing choice, just roll those changes back. It's not like he was ever completely broken before he could shoot through walls.
    Actively removing content from a game is probably the most consumer hostile **** I've ever seen in 30 years of gaming

You say you're hopeful that the devs actually play the game. But I would challenge that any dev who thinks removing as opposed to rolling back core game content clearly doesn't play. Hell any dev who thinks shooting through walls is a good addition must have never played a game ever
  • sillysaxon wrote: »
    The issue here is that these devs are inept. You don't remove something from the game because you made a poor balancing choice, just roll those changes back. It's not like he was ever completely broken before he could shoot through walls.
    Actively removing content from a game is probably the most consumer hostile **** I've ever seen in 30 years of gaming

You say you're hopeful that the devs actually play the game. But I would challenge that any dev who thinks removing as opposed to rolling back core game content clearly doesn't play. **** any dev who thinks shooting through walls is a good addition must have never played a game ever

Well to be fair, he was broken in the sense he was incredibly underpowered with the update before this very one. But somehow DICE went stupid and made him overtly OP again. Im not sure how they dont get his fix is just a jump stamina loss/cooldown and less lightning tracking. Maybe a small decrease to health regen or damage but that is all he needed.
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    sillysaxon wrote: »

You say you're hopeful that the devs actually play the game. But I would challenge that any dev who thinks removing as opposed to rolling back core game content clearly doesn't play. **** any dev who thinks shooting through walls is a good addition must have never played a game ever

Well to be fair, he was broken in the sense he was incredibly underpowered with the update before this very one. But somehow DICE went **** and made him overtly OP again. Im not sure how they dont get his fix is just a jump stamina loss/cooldown and less lightning tracking. Maybe a small decrease to health regen or damage but that is all he needed.[/quote

Palps has never been underpowered.

After that patch he was running wild in GA like he was during the zapping through walls phase. I'm a terrible Palps in GA (@Landeaux can confirm this) and tripled my usual kills with him in GA while he was so worthless.

HvV was always if you could stun and catch him he fell quick, though a good Palps who knew what they were doing was nearly impossible to catch up to.

#AvengeOurEmperor
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• why has Palpatine been removed from multiplayer, collectibles and arcade on ps4? PLEASE RETURN HIM. preferably with all the star unlocked and upgraded cards intact.
  • Clone201
    3437 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    GA is much more favored to the Light Side with the removal of Palpatine. Combos like wookiees, Finn, Yoda, + other things in the form of balancing issues will become almost impossible to counter now.

The removal of him does help HvV, yes I agree, but also inflicts imbalance in the greatest mode.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Narrnax
    10 posts Member
    I mostly play HvV, and yes I felt that he can be quite OP, but I also loved playing him... And with the right heroes you could got him easily.

And now he gets removed temporarily just because GA players were complaining... why not remove him only from there then?

In HvV it was fine in my opinion....

• It does not matter but most important is the Trophy. Now is cannot be obtain at all. I need the Platinum very badly. Furthermore, I do hope they released the hotfix sooner or they removed Emperor to achieve the trophy.
  • GA is way more fun without him.