criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Server Keeps Changing

LunarCoil
367 posts Member
I’m playing a PS4 on the Australian server (most of the time).

When I start a game it takes for ever to find a match. While this is happening, I go into the options to see if the server has been switched to something else other than the Australian server, because sometimes I play on the Virginia/UK/Ireland servers if the AU one is dead. What I have been finding almost every single time now is that it is looking for games on the United Arab Emirates server. I quit the search, go back to options, and change the server to Australia. Then I go back to find a new match. I go into the server options again while the search is underway, and it’s switched back to United Arab Emirates again.

The United Arab Emirates server has the highest ping rate (452) and is the server furthest from where I live. If I ever leave it long enough, I just get put into completely empty lobbies.

Sometimes when I go into the server options while waiting for a game, I see it cycling thru multiple servers automatically, and then they sometimes have very strange names.

This happens over and over. Last night I tried to start a game for 20 minutes while this was happening. I gave up, I don’t get much time to play, and spent way to much time caught in the loop.

Does anyone else experience this? Any solutions? Is this something I should get video evidence of and send it to support somehow?

Replies

• Toddyrocket
    2237 posts Member
    I'll jump on your aswell
    Ps4 Australia
    Same as you
  • LunarCoil
    367 posts Member
    Was able to play last night for 2 hours with no issues. What ever they did to fix it, they did it quickly.
  • LunarCoil
    367 posts Member
    I'll jump on your aswell
    Ps4 Australia
    Same as you
    What’s your PSN tag? If you’re in the Aussie servers we probably run into each other occasionally. If you want to add me my tag is LunarCoil.
  • Toddyrocket
    2237 posts Member
    LunarCoil wrote: »
    I'll jump on your aswell
    Ps4 Australia
    Same as you
    What’s your PSN tag? If you’re in the Aussie servers we probably run into each other occasionally. If you want to add me my tag is LunarCoil.

ToddyRocket1
  • Hey guys, I was just on last night (05/08/18) and the same thing happened to me. Could the server be down for maintenance? I couldn't see any announcements or anything. I tried rebooting the PS4, even deleting my locally saved game save data. Nothing worked. Did it just fix by itself for you? I hope it does it for me too. My PSN is acousticlunatic if you're interested!
  • LunarCoil wrote: »
    I'll jump on your aswell
    Ps4 Australia
    Same as you

ToddyRocket1
    Hey guys, I was just on last night (05/08/18) and the same thing happened to me. Could the server be down for maintenance? I couldn't see any announcements or anything. I tried rebooting the PS4, even deleting my locally saved game save data. Nothing worked. Did it just fix by itself for you? I hope it does it for me too. My PSN is acousticlunatic if you're interested!

Mine just fixed itself
    Couldn't get games and it wouldn't stay on my local server
    Plus error 1066 would pop up a fair bit
    The last couple of days its been fine
  • Chem0
    88 posts Member
    Copy of the post user Omniscient posted to a Ping site issue -thread

"So, here’s my interpretation of what’s happening to everyone experiencing the “ping” issue:

1) When selecting a match type, whatever ping site you were last using has been cached and used for all further matches (unless you re-enter and switch to another ping site), as your starting point for match searches.

2) You enter a queue for the particular match you are seeking for a predetermined number of seconds (feels like 3-5).

3) If a matching game is not found within the timeframe above, you are moved to the next closest ping site.

4) Steps 2 & 3 are repeated until either:
    a) a match is found
    b) the furthest ping site in the list is reached

5) If the condition for 4a is met at an early stage, you are added to a match and experience relatively mild lag at worse.

6) If the condition for 4b is met (or close to it), you experience one of the following:
    a) Executed order 1066
    b) An empty lobby (meaning it created a brand new one for you where you’ll sit waiting for it to never be filled.
    c) An actual match connection with horrible lag (you’ll note the terribly phrased slow Internet connection badge in the upper right-hand corner at this point), leading one to erroneously believe there is a problem with their own Internet connection.

What I do to make things “work” is try to connect to a match. If it doesn’t happen in less than 10 seconds, I abort and go back to re-select my closest ping site. Then, start a new search. It’s tedious but it has been giving me regular success for some time.

Note: DO NOT trust that what you see selected on the ping site entry is where you are actually connected. Even if it shows the correct or a close one, I’ll move off of it and then back on to the correct one before exiting the menu.

I hope this can help others. "

Didn't know how to take a proper quote from another thread so I copied whole post.

• Hey guys, I was just on last night (05/08/18) and the same thing happened to me. Could the server be down for maintenance? I couldn't see any announcements or anything. I tried rebooting the PS4, even deleting my locally saved game save data. Nothing worked. Did it just fix by itself for you? I hope it does it for me too. My PSN is acousticlunatic if you're interested!

What server are you normally on
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    Didn't know how to take a proper quote from another thread so I copied whole post.

@Chem0

I was just about to direct these users here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1179571/#Comment_1179571

Note: To link directly to a specific reply in a thread, you copy the hyperlink represented as the post datetime beneath the user’s forum name.
  • Chem0
    88 posts Member
    Omniscient wrote: »
    Chem0 wrote: »

@Chem0

I was just about to direct these users here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1179571/#Comment_1179571

Note: To link directly to a specific reply in a thread, you copy the hyperlink represented as the post datetime beneath the user’s forum name.

Thanks for the info.