criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Matchmaking

Prev1
System
65 posts Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: What good is double XP when we can't stay in a server?.

Replies

• rollind24
    5024 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I have a bunch of nephews at the house for a wedding this weekend. I managed to get them off Fortnite to try out Battlefront but this waiting between games is driving them nuts. I’ve said it forever, just shuffle the matches.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I'm also constantly getting kicked out when it says "Searching for xxxx" and then after a loooong time - back to menus

PC
  • in fact I can't get any games! servers are either empty or bugged

PC
  • Devs said they would listen to the community. We responded that this doesn't work. They do it 2 more times. Either they are deaf or illiterate or both. I give up.
  • I feel like this community is far too negative and unwilling to meet developers halfway.

But this is insane. They broke a hero so bad he was removed from the game, and turned a double xp weekend into a bad thing on the same day.

This is ridiculous.
  • as above. since latest patch
  • do you matchmake by ping? coz i'm joining american servers coz nobody plays on the local australian server most of the day
  • Can't meet the game devs halfway if I can't even play. This is so broke I'm starting to think an Attorney General needs to get involved along with consumer protection agencies. It's absolutely insane what's happening. I can't defend any of it any longer.
  • tankertoad
    5765 posts Member
    Dont the forget the BSOD.

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Driving me crazy.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Rook008
    838 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I’ve said it forever, just shuffle the matches.

I was actually seeing this in a string of Starfighter Assault matches earlier. Teams were shuffled every two matches. I played Light Side, then dark Side, then the teams were shuffled before the next map loaded. I noticed because the top 3 players in the lobby ended up on the same team. There were new players added, I think, but the lobby stayed full.

I was a little excited that they were getting closer to what we were asking for.

Hero Starfighters was a mess with the experimental system though

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I’ve said it forever, just shuffle the matches.

I was actually seeing this in a string of Starfighter Assault matches earlier. Teams were shuffled every two matches. I played Light Side, then dark Side, then the teams were shuffled before the next map loaded. I noticed because the top 3 players in the lobby ended up on the same team. There were new players added, I think, but the lobby stayed full.

I was a little excited that they were getting closer to what we were asking for.

Hero Starfighters was a mess with the experimental system though

I was top player, just got placed in an empty lobby.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Rook008
    838 posts Member
    I'm assuming the lobby didn't fill back up?

That sucks. I was hoping they were on the verge of getting it right.

Going to play some more SA and see what happens.
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    I feel like this community is far too negative and unwilling to meet developers halfway.

But this is insane. They broke a hero so bad he was removed from the game, and turned a double xp weekend into a bad thing on the same day.

This is ridiculous.

Dude. Yes.
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Okay, tried again with Starfighter Assault but took screen caps this time. Same deal, no "Searching For Starfighter Assault..." until a new map was loading. The lobby filled up relatively quickly after the new map loaded. There was no shuffling when we stayed on the same map.
    First shot is the end of the match, the second shot is the lobby as soon as the game loaded the next map.
    Some players quit the lobby or were booted, but the players that stayed mostly remained on the same team. There was one strange exception. The highest scorer from their team was now on my team, so the top 3 scorers were now all on the same team.
    jd12p0o0ub8g.png
    wg1iqbs9j1zu.png

• VadersPetPig_
    660 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Whenever they do listen, they make a half-@ssed fix and introduce new bugs for things that weren’t bugged before.
  • I got kicked out of a full lobby into an empty one that never filled after 5 minutes :neutral:
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • tommytom64
    1072 posts Member
    This is why we need a server browser.
  • Kamykatz
    98 posts Member
    Funny how "everything" is communicated here and devs get lauded for that, and then the matchmaking feature no-one wanted or liked is turned back on surreptitiously. "If we remove the dedicated button, maybe no-one will notice?"
  • I got kicked out of a full lobby into an empty one that never filled after 5 minutes :neutral:

xmct17zl6aif.gif
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Whenever they do listen, they make a half-@ssed fix and introduce new bugs for things that weren’t bugged before.

That's because they wind up makng changes to things that no one asked for (e.g. changers to the HP for the Millenium Falcon).
    Also this is the third test of this "matchmaking" system, and the second time they've turned it on without announcing it. I bought this game to play it, NOT to be a tester for DICE and EA.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    It's getting bad. I played a few games of blast earlier. After 1 game I would be put in a lobby either on my own or with 1 or 2 people and the match making wouldn't add new players.

Then you quit to main menu and join a game half way through. After game finishes same result sit and wait and room not filling. Go back to main join a game and guess what lol halfway through.

The games seems to be getting worse each patch. I thought patches where supposed to make the game better. Guess not
  • Blinker wrote: »
    It's getting bad. I played a few games of blast earlier. After 1 game I would be put in a lobby either on my own or with 1 or 2 people and the match making wouldn't add new players.

Then you quit to main menu and join a game half way through. After game finishes same result sit and wait and room not filling. Go back to main join a game and guess what lol halfway through.

The games seems to be getting worse each patch. I thought patches where supposed to make the game better. Guess not

They should just shut it down at this point. Take some accountability to get it fixed correctly and in a timely fashion.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • What a surprise, not. Turn on a thing which on every previous test has done this, and do not announce it. professionalism at its worst.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I am constantly being put into half-empty lobbies that wait ages for players.

EA, fix this because it's really getting annoying! 8 months after release.... 8 months. An AAA title :smile:
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Blinker wrote: »

They should just shut it down at this point. Take some accountability to get it fixed correctly and in a timely fashion.

I doubt they will ever fix it. They always seen to break something else. If you in uk you will probably see them on watchdogs rogue traders section of show lol.
  • What a surprise, not. Turn on a thing which on every previous test has done this, and do not announce it. professionalism at its worst.

Pretty much. This matchmaking thing is one of the most crucial aspects of the game and they HAD to tell us before putting that broken thing back.
  • Oldgit6
    29 posts Member
    I'm having the same problem, play one game then "searching for GA" before being kicked back to menu screen if im lucky, i seem to be getting the black screen quite a lot
  • valeri0706 wrote: »
    I am constantly being put into half-empty lobbies that wait ages for players.

EA, fix this because it's really getting annoying! 8 months after release.... 8 months. An AAA title :smile:

Who said it's AAA?
    What? Because it has Star Wars in the name?
    That's you're bad for assuming good quality rep when there has been none for its predecessor.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
  • DaxStorm
    569 posts Member
    Happening to me too on Xbox.
  • The worst part about this is that it takes time to find a game. Most of the time you get put in an ongoing game/almost finnished game. When match is over the search for a new game starts and after a while you get put in an almost empty lobby. When it doesnt full up you quit. Rinse and repeat
  • Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    That matchmaking situation is getting so tiresome, it's like talking to a wall, nobody's listening, nobody from Dice or EA seems to care.

You would think that should be in top of the list in terms of priority but obviously no.

• AxeWin
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I hope so. Cause was close to uninstalling this game because of the frustration. And I Love Star Wars.

PC Platform: German, UK, Ireland Regions where working perfect before this new EOR matchmaking test.

Third Time was still not the charm.

At first I taught there might not be enough players on PC but I see Console users complaining too.

Solution: Do not kick players out of a Full Lobby, just Shuffle the teams in the same Lobby when you load the next map.

UPDATE: Just played Strike its FIXED.. you stay in same lobby. Back to Gaming.
    Post edited by AxeWin on
  • Moojammin_10
    1435 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I love that they looking at matchmaking but my first experience of it last night was terrible.

I had 5 of THE most unfair trouncings in GA I’ve had for months. I’m usually top 5ish, not great but ok but I couldn’t get out the bottom two. We was constantly put up against BFII gods all on the same team.

Objectives were over in literally seconds.

I’m hoping time levels it out a bit
  • I feel like this community is far too negative and unwilling to meet developers halfway.

This is ridiculous.

They,re listening, unfortunately this is just for statistical purposes.. for what im not sure of possibly a upcoming game that they want to be their cash cow. I am only speculating of course.. These bugs are blatantly obvious and almost fall in line/stack upon each other. Its like they want to see how far they can push the community in what's what is forgivable.. youll accept it one way or another, mainly because youve already purchased their product:/ EA has alot of stats, much much more than what we are provided. This test run seems to be adressed to people who will waiver basics over a weekend xp boost.the new hero modes=fast points for characters not usually able to play. Play galatic assult and its nearly impossible to get a hero/level them because of the score multiplier. If you had the multiplier in game think how fast you would of leveled those star fighter heroes.. Ea is listening lol they just dont care if your happy., they just want to know what will keep you playing their games:)
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We ran a test overnight of the EOR matchmaking, this may have been why you experienced what you did. It should return to normal shortly.

Never again.

Sounds familiar..
  • bfloo
    14091 posts Member
    Please stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

What you are trying to do prob looks great on paper, but all you are doing is antagonizing an already unhappy player base.

All we want is for the lobbies to reshuffle and private matches so clans/ parties and set up games with other clans/ parties and have competitive games instead of pub stomp after pub stomp like we have now.

When you do these tests, play 1/2 a game when entering, then go into a lobby with 2 other players, go for a walk, maybe the game will start, but more often everyone drops out, gets the black screen of death, needs to restart, and we end up looking at load screens more than we play, and give up.

Just keep it simple.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Jealyh
    111 posts Member
    Are they using shortly the same way they used soon now? At what date can I expect to find a game again? Was kinda hoping to make good use of the double xp in between World Cup matches but I guess that's not happening.

I wonder when someone in the game industry has an idea about using closed environments and things to test updates instead of making the entire game literally unplayable until they figure out what's wrong, oh wait this is already a thing just not for these guys :-)
  • bfloo
    14091 posts Member
    Jealyh wrote: »
    Are they using shortly the same way they used soon now? At what date can I expect to find a game again? Was kinda hoping to make good use of the double xp in between World Cup matches but I guess that's not happening.

I wonder when someone in the game industry has an idea about using closed environments and things to test updates instead of making the entire game literally unplayable until they figure out what's wrong, oh wait this is already a thing just not for these guys :-)

I made a thread asking for a cte, no one cared.

h846398gb27k.png

• Jealyh
    111 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It just makes too much sense to care about, you'd think this is such an obvious thing to have you shouldn't have to ask for it.
  • bfloo
    14091 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It just makes too much sense to care about, you'd think this is such an obvious thing to have you shouldn't have to ask for it.

If only we could get the nerf herders on board :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We ran a test overnight of the EOR matchmaking, this may have been why you experienced what you did. It should return to normal shortly.

I don't remember matchmaking in that game ever being "normal".
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Did everyone just stop playing the game?

Every gane i joined was empty.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• AxeWin
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by AxeWin on
  • Toddyrocket
    2250 posts Member
    It comes and goes for me
    I can play a few rounds and everything is great
    Then all of a sudden I've been exiled to the empty lobby of death
    I wait in my solitary confinement and realise there shall be no visitors
    Then it all starts again looking to get a game
    When playing with friends this doesn't happen
  • Mariobot21
    204 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    lag/kick out of match on Xbox
  • Toddyrocket
    2250 posts Member
    Since the update i get lag more than before
    Server problems
    Black screen of death when i leave a game
    Thrown into empty lobby
    Get a hero and and it freezes at the worst possible time and i die in 3 seconds
    Yea its a pretty good game even battles ;)
  • fancyladypants
    252 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »

@FORGE Communication after the fact isn't communication.

Hiding the matchmaking button and forcing a system that didn't work 2x before? Another example of not communicating. Hiding it makes the act deceitful. Waiting a day to address the multitude of threads on the subject lets the community know we have nothing here worth salvaging. Consolidating the multitude of threads seems sketchier still. Hiding the displeasure of the community by making it seem as though it's a minor issue with only one thread is again a bit deceitful even if the intent was benign. It's hard to assume that it was benign with the lousy communication we received on just this topic alone.

I think I just watched a rapidly angry and shrinking player base reach it's current tipping point. It will only get harder and harder to find matches as players run from this hot garbage as fast as they possibly can. They likely killed the game yesterday after this and pulling a main character. They just can't keep starting fires every patch. In between that they SECRETLY and DECEITFULLY implemented this match making rancid flatulence that we have here now.
    Post edited by fancyladypants on