criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV quitters

People quit way to often. Often the worst players. There needs to be a penalty for quitting matches. Losing is a part of life, man up and take it on the chin or you just come across as a wimp.

Replies

• KresusFIN
    2463 posts Member
    Guilty as charged. Won't happen with premades, mind. I'm unable to watch fools outright throwing a match by running solo into a group of 4 opposing players, thinking that a lightsaber and R2R2R2R2R2 will solve literally all problems in the world.

Losing is very much a part of it, but doing it on purpose like that, because of sheer ****? Nope. There isn't any shame in refusing to take part in it. It's essentially the same thought process that occurs when playing GA, and the enemy takes 2 objective stages without losing more than 20-30 tickets in total. "Not with you people".
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • There will always be fools playing. But I don't quit because there are bad players on my team. It's just not sporting. I understand the frustration believe me but quitters are worse than bad players. I'd rather have a bad player on my team than nobody. I feel so bad when it's players on the other side that quit. I will say though there's something incredibly satisfying about beating a team when you're a man down. I think it IS shameful to quit I'm afraid, it ruins the game for everybody else. But everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I think quitters should be penalised.
  • Cwebb1886
    160 posts Member
    I don’t think you can penalize a causal gamer for quitting a match. What would be the penalty? credit cost? Temporary ban? You just killed the game right there.
  • You're probably right. I'm just letting off steam voicing my frustration. Ideally I would like a short ban like 20mins just to dissuade people from quitting just to rejoin another game, if people knew they would be banned they hopefully just wouldn't do it. I just think it's a really ****ty way to play, quitters are worse than incompetent players. I'm a pretty casual gamer but if I start a game I mean to finish it, win or lose. I don't want people to be punished I just want to play balanced matches to the end, otherwise it feels like a waste of time. If everybody did it there really would be no game to play.
  • Sniffy44
    369 posts Member
    Hero showdown is a worse issue--you are blocking the remaining players from continuing
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    I quit because:

1) Loo break/door/food/phone
    2) getting steamrolled
    3) other people in my team do and I get steamrolled.

I have no intention of hanging around to play a game for entertainment when there’s nothing entertaining about it.

This is a game not a rite of passage. People quit. We all suffer. Saying man up is reductive and could also apply to yourself.

pH
  • Quitting for legit reasons I have no beef with, we all have lives to live. And I get the frustration of fighting a losing battle but seeing the match through is just good sportsmanship. It is only a game so maybe I am overreacting but it's still just a weak thing to do. It's probably just children so I shouldn't get so wound up about it.
  • Majike
    91 posts Member
    Quitting for legit reasons I have no beef with, we all have lives to live. And I get the frustration of fighting a losing battle but seeing the match through is just good sportsmanship. It is only a game so maybe I am overreacting but it's still just a weak thing to do. It's probably just children so I shouldn't get so wound up about it.

My sentiments exactly. There's a fair number of times where I've ended up being the ONLY person left on my side, while I've got a very angry-looking Vader, Kylo Ren, Maul, and Boba Fett chasing after me. I think my record was ending up with one person left (myself) when the score was a mere 10/7. Might have been 10/6. Stuck it out and got slaughtered every single time, but... well, like you say; it's the sporting thing to do.
  • I'll wait to the match ends to quit if my team are a bunch of noobs that run around as if they're sightseeing... I'll stay even if it's 1v4. lol

I noticed that it's bad in Hero Starfighter Assault... I had the opposite team players quitting after the first battle because I mashed them good. lol..Keeps happening nearly every game.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • I had a guy who threaten me that we lost a match of HvV. It wasn't my fault. They targeted me though out the match. Ganged up on me with 3 to 4 villians.

After I left the group he wrote again saying he won without me.

And I'm decent player. I normally get on the leaderboard. It was bad day for m e before this player. I quit playing the more for two days.

giphy.gif
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I had a guy who threaten me that we lost a match of HvV. It wasn't my fault. They targeted me though out the match. Ganged up on me with 3 to 4 villians.

After I left the group he wrote again saying he won without me.

And I'm decent player. I normally get on the leaderboard. It was bad day for m e before this player. I quit playing the more for two days.

giphy.gif

That's bad dude, nobody deserves threats especially over a video game, they're probably trying to compensate for their own incompetence so don't let them get to you. I'm generally finding some of the community for this game pretty bad too though, takes a lot of patience to play sometimes. Taking a break is a good idea when it stops being fun.
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Yes, there should be a penalty. Its absolutely dumb that players can just leave and join another match with nothing done to them.

You leave for a legit reason, thats fine, but you leave for another lobby, you cant join another game for 5 minutes after leaving the last game, the time will increase by a minute each time you leave in the middle of an hvv,hs or hero Starfighters match. Since these modes have the least players.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Yes, there should be a penalty. Its absolutely dumb that players can just leave and join another match with nothing done to them.

You leave for a legit reason, thats fine, but you leave for another lobby, you cant join another game for 5 minutes after leaving the last game, the time will increase by a minute each time you leave in the middle of an hvv,hs or hero Starfighters match. Since these modes have the least players.

It makes sense because if you are genuinely leaving for legit reasons the time penalty won't affect you. Ragequitters waste everybody else's time so it's only fair in my opinion. It won't happen, but it should.
  • Dash
    11530 posts Member
    Yes, there should be a penalty. Its absolutely dumb that players can just leave and join another match with nothing done to them.

This is actually a really good idea!
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• KresusFIN
    2463 posts Member
    Create Battle Scenarios tailored to HvV playstyle. Force players to complete ALL of them with AT LEAST 2 stars. Then allow them to queue for HvV.

Why punish the folks who are there to get stuff done, over the mentally handicapped who literally throw matches by impaling themselves on the opposing team's lightsabers one, after another, after another, rather than moving as a cohesive group.

Learning to use your abilities to disrupt and CC, to employ guard against force powers and basic counters towards each hero is really. not. that. hard.

Punish the guys who can't be **** watching stupidity? How about eradicating the stupidity alltogether by forcing people to get a clue before even setting foot in there to begin with. It's really easy to differ between a "Maybe we can repair this..." type of game, vs an outright "Yea- no. Not with you people." type of game.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Before we speak about any kind of punishment though, i am not really against it but also don't think we need one, DICE and EA have to fix their servers though.
    Yesterday during play, right after i was defeated the game just randomly closed and i was looking at my desktop, for the others in the match it for sure looked like i rage quit.
    Random disconnects seem to be more frequent lately and lag issues, i can totally understand if someone quits because lag.
    And i wouldn't have any kind of faith in a system created by the same company to detect if someone had a disconnect or did leave on purpose.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Create Battle Scenarios tailored to HvV playstyle. Force players to complete ALL of them with AT LEAST 2 stars. Then allow them to queue for HvV.

Why punish the folks who are there to get stuff done, over the mentally handicapped who literally throw matches by impaling themselves on the opposing team's lightsabers one, after another, after another, rather than moving as a cohesive group.

Learning to use your abilities to disrupt and CC, to employ guard against force powers and basic counters towards each hero is really. not. that. hard.

Punish the guys who can't be **** watching ****? How about eradicating the **** alltogether by forcing people to get a clue before even setting foot in there to begin with. It's really easy to differ between a "Maybe we can repair this..." type of game, vs an outright "Yea- no. Not with you people." type of game.

I feel slightly more sympathetic towards outright bad players because they ought to get better with experience same as everybody. It usually takes conscious effort to quit so I'm less sympathetic towards ragequitters. Thus I'd rather play with a team of noobs than quitters. Losing is better than giving up and ruining the game.