criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

DICE: Please Bring Splitscreen to PC!

RogueZeroRendar
1106 posts Member
edited July 2018
@IronSoldier

Splitscreen is an awesome way to train with friends and to test game properties. If it wasn't for it, many of my tests to show bugged things on this game couldn't have been done, especially the method to recreate the Disabled Block BUG 100% of the time.

I did that because there was a mod for PC that allowed us to play splitscreen, as all files needed are already in the game, it's just hidden from us. But this mod is broken, I have no idea/time to fix it, and the original developer also didn't find a way (or time) to fix it.

And to any console player out there, if you can, bring some support to this request. I've always shared my discoveries with the community, and if I can get my hands on splitscreen again I'll certainly bring many more discoveries of this game to share with all of you.

I actually have a table with all damage done from all heroes in the game, but it's incomplete and maybe outdated, so I need splitscreen to continue doing this. As an example, here is the method to recreate the annoying Disabled Block BUG I was only able to reproduce because of splitscreen:

Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• IIPrest0nII
    4600 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hello,

I edited your post and removed tags since calling out Community Managers and Officials is not allowed. Feel free to tag Moderators or contact us via PM if you want to report bugs "directly". Also, feel free to report any bugs at EA Answers HQ forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-bug-reports-en

Thank you!
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • @Preston
    Have you read my topic? I'm suggesting something, not complaining or demanding fixes. And how many times have I seen people tagging F8RGE, EA_Tom and T0TALfps? Even I did this many times myself and no mod ever edited it out.

This is one major complain I have here, how same situations are treated completely different by your moderation team. At least give me a reason which applies to all cases, not make up a reason to enforce things the way you want.

Now another complain, how mods act by assuming something about a post without even reading it to understand what it is about.
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • IIPrest0nII
    4600 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Don’ts
    • Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    • Illegal content. Talking about things such as football streams, how to get to them and what they’re called is not okay.
    • Write posts using ALL CAPS or extra-large font. This is like shouting at someone on a forum. And nobody likes being YELLED AT!!
    • Use repeated symbols, multiple exclamation marks, or multiple question marks. Again, nobody likes being YELLED AT!!
    • Post blank or “no text” messages. No-one can reply if we don’t know what the thread is about!
    • Call out Community Managers and Officials. Be cool, folks. We know you want to grab our attention, but good thread titles like the above will help you get our attention much easier.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines#latest

I understand this is just suggestion to add a splitscreen mode that would be really helpful and needed. Many players already posted such suggestions on the forums before, but really there is no need to tag devs and CM's, a lot of players want to suggest something and let's just imagine if all players will tag devs and officials.

In your video you demonstrate bug and fix, I just reminded you that the best place for this is AHQ forums and QA team could investigate it.

Let's not discuss moderation. Your topic won't be closed this time.

EDIT: Contact EA Community Managers if you have any questions about Moderation on the forums.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • OutbackKanga
    165 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    No the ability to lan would be much better on pc .. splitscreen is for console kiddies :pensive:
  • Corpser
    15 posts Member
    And We need split screen online!!!!!
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    There’s gotta be a reason outside of DICE. The old battlefronts didn’t have splitscreen for pc and like you said, it’s already in the game files.

I don’t play pc [much], are there any other games on pc that have splitscreen? All I can think of is portal.
  • vyrjola
    44 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    There’s gotta be a reason outside of DICE. The old battlefronts didn’t have splitscreen for pc and like you said, it’s already in the game files.

I don’t play pc [much], are there any other games on pc that have splitscreen? All I can think of is portal.

There are so many that I won't even list them here. The point is that why do so many publishers and devs assume that there are no splitscreen players on Windows? It is a gaming platform as much as PS or Xbox. It supports more controllers than any other platform and can be hooked to telly for couch gaming same as consoles. Friends and family want to play together locally on Windows all the same. That's why it should have the same splitscreen support as consoles. PC can even run it better and has support for multiple monitors THAT MEANS THERE SHOULD BE SUPPORT FOR LOCAL GAMING ON TWO MONITORS AS WELL THAT IS EVEN BETTER THAN SPLITSCREEN!
  • TBF I'm especially interested in doing tests. Most of my research was only possible because of splitscreen. It helps the devs, if they want to fix their game, as I can do a big part of the work for them, and it helps the community, as I try my best to find in-game solutions to many issues. It also help guide makers, with values and such.

I can't afford a PS4 or XBONE and a copy of this game now, so for now I can't do my tests. Console players can do all I want to do just because they have it on console.

When I had access to the mod for that, I compiled a big table of data on properties of all heroes and villains, as my focus with this game and my YT channel was to make guides. But not only the updates dramatically change the game from month to month, the mod broke multiple times and is now broken for a long time already, and also there are so many BUGs that I shifted my focus to explain them and possible solutions for them.

Just an example of this table I'm oftenly referring to:

Lando
    Melee - 65 HP
    Shot - max 40 HP | min 25 HP
    Headshot - max 76 HP | min 47 HP
    Sharpshot - 200 HP
    Max Regen - 150 HP

These values may be outdated, so be careful. I was doing this for all classes, but I managed to only do it with heroes so far, and the mod stopped working.
    Tired of BUGs?

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    As a console player idk how split screen woud work on PC, but making Arcade available online would be nice on all platforms so you can do damage testing, explore the map together, and have 1v1s against your friends without having to meet up IRL, and it would hopefully be without the bugs that come in split screen (also so in 1v1s you can't just look at the other player's screen, negating any flanking movement/sneakiness)
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • AxeWin
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SplitScreen works on PC with the latest update but not officially you will need to look for the mod, its out there.

The mod just turns on what was turned off on purpose on the PC version of the game.

This is a wild guess, but i believe EA is the culprit here trying to force our hands to go play on consoles.

PS: you need to compile it yourself for the latest Update.
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    As a console player idk how split screen woud work on PC, but making Arcade available online would be nice on all platforms so you can do damage testing, explore the map together, and have 1v1s against your friends without having to meet up IRL, and it would hopefully be without the bugs that come in split screen (also so in 1v1s you can't just look at the other player's screen, negating any flanking movement/sneakiness)

It works as in console. With the mod you'd need two controllers so each registers to each player, but Player 1 could swap to the keyboard and mouse if he wanted.
    AxeWin wrote: »
    SplitScreen works on PC but not officially you will need to look for a mod, its out there.

The mod just turns on what was turned off on purpose on the PC version of the game.

This is a wild guess, but i believe EA is the culprit here trying to force our hands to go play on consoles.

The mod is broken since Solo's Season Part 1 patch
    Tired of BUGs?

• AxeWin wrote: »
    PS: you need to compile it yourself for the latest Update.

Could you be more specific? I got the mod files:

oc2pyeqtpvfh.jpg

How exactly am I supposed to compile such files?
    Tired of BUGs?

• AxeWin
    46 posts Member
    Check your messages