criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Has anyone felt Maul's Saber Throw is better?

I mean, since they messed up the throw that it wouldn't hit anything, they didn't fix it properly. It seemed the throw would turn back the moment it touched anything, including an enemy player, so it would never go past someone and hit again after coming back. But I was struck by it today while it was going back to maul just after it caught an ally of mine while it was coming towards us.

Maybe it was luck, or maybe they finally properly fixed something? I'd like to know if someone else experienced this as well
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• moondynemc
    1979 posts Member
    Nah mate. Very rarely it performs as intended but by and by its still pretty much broken.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    I mean, since they messed up the throw that it wouldn't hit anything, they didn't fix it properly. It seemed the throw would turn back the moment it touched anything, including an enemy player, so it would never go past someone and hit again after coming back. But I was struck by it today while it was going back to maul just after it caught an ally of mine while it was coming towards us.

Maybe it was luck, or maybe they finally properly fixed something? I'd like to know if someone else experienced this as well

[PS4] I Play Maul often. It is improved in the sense that before it simply never worked. Now, it will register on occasion, though I'm not sure if it's a hit-box problem or if it's simply bugged. Also, I haven't had a "double-hit" since Feb. or March or whenever it last worked as intended.

I'm sadder now after writing this.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • It hits if you hit them dead on center. At least that's what I have noticed.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• When I first started playing in February I couldn't even get it to work in arcade and now it can sometimes hit.

Still needs work to be useful online but the fact that it does technically make contact means it's a little bit better.
  • unit900000
    2452 posts Member
    its fine its just the small hitbox thats all honestly needs some sort of buff or something.
  • Stingil
    34 posts Member
    The hitbox with the saber throw is tiny.

I have to do a choke hold, then saber throw in order to hit anything.

Y the saber is thrown vertically instead of horizontally is beyond me.
  • Devlin21
    8294 posts Member
    It works now.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• TheScape
    1688 posts Member

I experienced the same thing yesterday. I was extremely surprised when I was using it on HvV and it actually registered and gave a few great kills. Of course, it still missed a few times, but it seemed 50/50.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • You have to be super accurate so it's not like it was before it broke. For all intents and purposes it kind sucks because maul is all about movement and speed and you have to basically stop and line up a shot or fire it off and hope you get lucky. Also his spin attack isn't very accurate any more imo.
  • I just stopped using Maul’s saber throw. He’s already an absolute monster who can rack up kills faster than any other hero if your mobile and you consciously plan your movement.
  • It’s very slightly better IMO. I play maul like a caffeinated badger so throwing it adds to the chaos I’m trying to create. I seldom hit anything with it.
  • Raylol
    745 posts Member
    It works but it's realistic, as it's vertical the area it's really small, not like Vader trhow one that the area is horizontal.
  • Yea it's been working more lately for me still not good enough though imo.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.