criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Have you guys seen the Phasma deleted scene?

Evazan127
8105 posts Member
It’s been out a while now but I thought I’d hear your thoughts on it.

It is so cool and I’m disappointed we didn’t get it. I would have been satisfied with Phasma and the stories based off of the scene were really cool. I get though that they gotta appeal to the casuals and focus on the major character development rather than some fun background stuff.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8227 posts Member
    Thats why she gas a self buff and not a team buff in bf2.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Trooper8059
    10190 posts Member
    I'm just confused on how the riot baton is capable of chopping off a hand.

Finn took a direct blow from that thing in the last movie and not even the fabric of his shirt was touched.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Empire_TW
    3867 posts Member
    I would have preferred this have been in the film over the final version. Though I don't like how Finn uses the term rebel scum, the resistance is too similar to the rebellion and the films shouldn't really be reminding us.

Finn took a direct blow from that thing in the last movie and not even the fabric of his shirt was touched.

It might have been because the scene wasn't 100% finished, they might have done something more to touch it up if they went with this instead of the final version.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• This is great. I think it definitely deserved a place in the film. Shame it ended up on the cutting room floor.
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • Devlin21
    8227 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I would have preferred this have been in the film over the final version. Though I don't like how Finn uses the term rebel scum, the resistance is too similar to the rebellion and the films shouldn't really be reminding us.

It might have been because the scene wasn't 100% finished, they might have done something more to touch it up if they went with this instead of the final version.

Especially when the resistance is supposed to be the new republic and the first order is the rebellion.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Yea this was in the final version for character development on Finn’s part. I too do not like that they are making it a lot like the OT. Whether or not you like the moves, Clone Wars Era is so cool overall.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

Especially when the resistance is supposed to be the new republic and the first order is the rebellion.
    I would have liked it better if it was like this. Even if the First Order was still extremely powerful and the New Republic weak.
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member

Fin is all powerful, he took a lightsaber to the spine and recovered faster than crylo did from a few cuts on his face.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I think it’s better than the original. But I hated the delivery of “You were always scum” and “Rebel scum” in this one.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I think it’s better than the original. But I hated the delivery of “You were always scum” and “Rebel scum” in this one.
    What’s different?
  • Evazan127 wrote: »
    I think it’s better than the original. But I hated the delivery of “You were always scum” and “Rebel scum” in this one.
    What’s different?
    The way they say those last 2 lines, I don’t like it.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Assassino37
    1100 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    bfloo wrote: »

Fin is all powerful, he took a lightsaber to the spine and recovered faster than crylo did from a few cuts on his face.

Kylo's injury went from his face all the way down his chest. You see the large scar when he was shirtless in the movie.

I prefer the original cut because my money is on Phasma returning (with two hands and all). They wouldn't have gone out of their way to show her armor is nearly impenetrable except for the weak area around the visor. She probably fell a floor into a hanger below and took a ship herself and escaped. I'd expect some fire damage around that eye that was exposed though.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Yuuppppp I have :/

One of my few complaints about TLJ is how Phasma was handled AGAIN.

*sigh* I so want to see her being a badass, like... can she just kill half of the Resistance already -_-

I hope she isnt dead - its my biggest hope for episode IX tbh :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    can she just kill half of the Resistance already -_-
    What like 3 people lol
    What like 3 people lol

Well yup :P It would be nice to see her being awesome though. She deserves it after 2 movies of bad treatment :/ At this point, I want her to be the leader of the First Order/the galaxy by the end of Episode IX :D
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
    It’s been out a while now but I thought I’d hear your thoughts on it.

It is so cool and I’m disappointed we didn’t get it. I would have been satisfied with Phasma and the stories based off of the scene were really cool. I get though that they gotta appeal to the casuals and focus on the major character development rather than some fun background stuff.

Yeah. It's very cool.
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Kylo's injury went from his face all the way down his chest. You see the large scar when he was shirtless in the movie.

I prefer the original cut because my money is on Phasma returning (with two hands and all). They wouldn't have gone out of their way to show her armor is nearly impenetrable except for the weak area around the visor. She probably fell a floor into a hanger below and took a ship herself and escaped. I'd expect some fire damage around that eye that was exposed though.

Unless they are going to so something with her, don't waste our time.

I just remember seeing them work on crylo's face, but even a cut compared to a lightsaber to the back seems like Finn had a miraculous recovery from a serious injury compared to crylo. I blame JJ, they shouldn't have had Rey look for Luke at the end of tfa, it forced an awkward time line for rian to work with.

h846398gb27k.png

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    What like 3 people lol

Well yup :P It would be nice to see her being awesome though. She deserves it after 2 movies of bad treatment :/ At this point, I want her to be the leader of the First Order/the galaxy by the end of Episode IX :D
    She’d be a much more qualified leader than Kylo Ren!
  • Empire_TW
    3867 posts Member
    What like 3 people lol

She was concept art for Kylo Ren.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    What like 3 people lol

So was Jar Jar.

h846398gb27k.png

What like 3 people lol

Anyone would be more qualified than Kylo.
  • Trooper8059
    10190 posts Member
    What like 3 people lol

I'm not too sure about that. Last I recall Phasma is out for herself and herself alone. She'd condemn a fair chunk of the Order if it meant saving herself.

I'm no leader either, but I wouldn't want to follow someone like that. :D
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    What like 3 people lol

I'm not too sure about that. Last I recall Phasma is out for herself and herself alone. She'd condemn a fair chunk of the Order if it meant saving herself.

I'm no leader either, but I wouldn't want to follow someone like that. :D
    Very true