criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Client-side Emote Suppression.

245

Replies

  • It’s an online game, so I expect people to emote as much as possible. And I actually enjoy it when it’s done to me after I’ve done something stoopid. The reason I don’t do it after a kill is because I’m worried it’s a youngling on the other end.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The entire premise of this thread is just preposterous lol. Next they will ask to implement a timer to prevent crouching after you kill them for a certain time period to prevent you from teabagging their dead body using crouch... mark my words!
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    The entire premise of this thread is just preposterous lol. Next they will ask to implement a timer to prevent crouching after you kill them for a certain time period to prevent you from teabagging their dead body using crouch... mark my words!

    Ah, that reminds me, in the beta, I couldn't crouch for poodoo. I'm pretty sure that was an attempt at trying to keep tbaggin from happening, in the beginning. Maybe it was just that the game was too new and didn't function well, or something... (I died a lot just trying to take cover, it was a very slow to respond function.)
    Anyways, blaster heroes not being able to crouch... Kinda seems like they don't want hero reps being dragged down from tbaggin.

    Posting a bit more on topic again... Emotes being considered offensive, and emote spam isn't too ridiculous, I've heard that it got pretty bad in Overwatch? So much so that people weren't playing, and just emote spamming/griefing. I think as a result a cool down timer had been implemented? Personally, I don't see emote spammers in swbf17 too much, but that experience may vary from person to person. *shrug* I know I saw it a lot more in swbf15, even if I only died once or twice, some pancake face would be sure to smash the emote button 3 times while tbaggin me before getting shot or blown the ***** up. Lol. (Fond memories.)
    Wknuto!
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    Fevee wrote: »
    Lol, what? You lost your own thread?

    Yep. Help me find it and I'll continue there.


    For now, clientside emote suppression. Make it a thing.

    What kind of excuse is that? You can check your own topics on your profile.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    Fevee wrote: »
    Lol, what? You lost your own thread?

    Yep. Help me find it and I'll continue there.


    For now, clientside emote suppression. Make it a thing.

    What kind of excuse is that? You can check your own topics on your profile.

    Their topic was deleted. It's not accessible to view by anyone other than mods.
    Wknuto!
  • 3x0my1rkzujt.gif
    5char
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    Fevee wrote: »
    Lol, what? You lost your own thread?

    Yep. Help me find it and I'll continue there.


    For now, clientside emote suppression. Make it a thing.

    What kind of excuse is that? You can check your own topics on your profile.

    Their topic was deleted. It's not accessible to view by anyone other than mods.

    I didn't think about that. But, if it was closed once, maybe it wasn't a good idea to open a new one again.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    The entire premise of this thread is just preposterous lol. Next they will ask to implement a timer to prevent crouching after you kill them for a certain time period to prevent you from teabagging their dead body using crouch... mark my words!

    Better idea: Disable crouching all together.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2770 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So this thread is serious, seriously?

    o0yumsyoqbc7.gif
  • Piscettios
    6077 posts Member

    Dengar does not approve of this thread.
    9fp3v1djrfcn.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Dengar does not approve of this thread.
    9fp3v1djrfcn.jpeg
    YOU'RE gonna take a dirt-nap!
    But yeah, I said this in the other thread and I'll say it here - I don't see why it's such a big deal. If someone kills you and emotes, just ignore it or laugh it off - I know I do, especially when it's a well timed one. If it's a Kylo spamming COWARDS!, then ok it can get a little annoying, but chances are they won't be paying that much attention - you might be able to flank him, or get some nice snipes in as he wont be blocking. But it's a lot more effort than it's worth to make it a toggle, and would inevitably bring up five new bugs. If you're on PC there might be a mod to remove it, although I kinda doubt it as it's such a small issue.
    And also, as others have said, it devalues emotes that people may purchase in the future, if they know that they won't actually be seen by everyone.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    The other day on jakku some sniper was in some high up area, I have no idea how to get there. I pulled him down with kylo, frozen him, and emoted him before I killed him.

    However, as I was emoting, someone melted me from behind. The sniper unfroze and emoted me haha


    Fml.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    The other day on jakku some sniper was in some high up area, I have no idea how to get there. I pulled him down with kylo, frozen him, and emoted him before I killed him.

    However, as I was emoting, someone melted me from behind. The sniper unfroze and emoted me haha


    Fml.

    Did you and another player... have fun with the emotes? How is this possible. There’s no way someone’s feelings weren’t hurt. I’m calling ****.

    I think they're super fun, I died using one lol.

    I can see why people would be annoyed by it. I just don't want to devs to waste time on it.

    And in GA, you go back to the respawn screen without having to see the emote. I don't know about the other infranty based game modes.
  • bfloo
    15961 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    The other day on jakku some sniper was in some high up area, I have no idea how to get there. I pulled him down with kylo, frozen him, and emoted him before I killed him.

    However, as I was emoting, someone melted me from behind. The sniper unfroze and emoted me haha


    Fml.

    Did you and another player... have fun with the emotes? How is this possible. There’s no way someone’s feelings weren’t hurt. I’m calling ****.

    jzh0tp1w5exu.jpg
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Get the idea but not on board with this - make emotes more spammy like BF 2015, they're fun in the last iteration.
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TheScape wrote: »
    I didn't think about that. But, if it was closed once, maybe it wasn't a good idea to open a new one again.
    *Considers how often I'm hearing that from others lately, and wondering if it's a good thing...*
    It was closed because it was derailed. The community failed to remain on topic. It's a common occurrence, which can happen in any given thread.
    Hypothetically, If you wanted Ewok hunt back, or some addition to Ewok hunt (like a bow weapon, or the ability to chuck rocks) and a bunch of people showed up saying you were too ... ""Something or other"" for wanting it, and that Ewok hunt was the worst mode... (basically ***** all over your thread) eventually getting it derailed, by bickering about other non-Ewok related things, until your thread was closed, how would that make you feel? Especially if you are noticeably the only one in the community (at that time) actively requesting anything for Ewok mode, like that?

    Some things are more important to another person, for whatever reason. Personal value is subjective... This ""Option to Surpress Emotes (client-side)"" was apparently important enough to this person to try again, despite the greater majority disagreeing and disapproving with their notion, the first time. I think that's pretty neat. (Especially considering how hostile and immature others were the first time around.)
    So this thread is serious, seriously?

    o0yumsyoqbc7.gif
    BW40.gif
    Wknuto!
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    The other day on jakku some sniper was in some high up area, I have no idea how to get there. I pulled him down with kylo, frozen him, and emoted him before I killed him.

    However, as I was emoting, someone melted me from behind. The sniper unfroze and emoted me haha


    Fml.

    Did you and another player... have fun with the emotes? How is this possible. There’s no way someone’s feelings weren’t hurt. I’m calling ****.

    Apparently his skin is thicker than the average piece of saran wrap.
  • In this game where clone troopers use weapons from the sequel trilogy, and Darth Vader fights alongside droids, I have no problem with emotes. It's a goofy mechanic in a casual game. The emotes in the last game were better for trolling, so I see no problem. I want more trolling emotes.
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Please Dice, please bring back the laugh emote.

    The one where they slap their knees while laughing? If so I want that one back as well. Also, the one where they do that slow sarcastic slap haha, they're the two I want back.

    The troll is strong with you....

    #trollslivesmatter

    We need the bo rifle back while we are at it B)

    Is that gun with the ohk melee on it?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Please Dice, please bring back the laugh emote.

    The one where they slap their knees while laughing? If so I want that one back as well. Also, the one where they do that slow sarcastic slap haha, they're the two I want back.

    The troll is strong with you....

    #trollslivesmatter

    We need the bo rifle back while we are at it B)

    Is that gun with the ohk melee on it?

    Yep. I NEED IT BACK
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Please Dice, please bring back the laugh emote.

    The one where they slap their knees while laughing? If so I want that one back as well. Also, the one where they do that slow sarcastic slap haha, they're the two I want back.

    The troll is strong with you....

    #trollslivesmatter

    We need the bo rifle back while we are at it B)

    Is that gun with the ohk melee on it?

    Yep. I NEED IT BACK

    Someone kept using it on me thiis morning.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    The other day on jakku some sniper was in some high up area, I have no idea how to get there. I pulled him down with kylo, frozen him, and emoted him before I killed him.

    However, as I was emoting, someone melted me from behind. The sniper unfroze and emoted me haha


    Fml.

    Did you and another player... have fun with the emotes? How is this possible. There’s no way someone’s feelings weren’t hurt. I’m calling ****.

    Apparently his skin is thicker than the average piece of saran wrap.

    (Maybe there's a medication for a lack of tough skin? Not like it would matter. Clearly, there doesn't seem to be one strong enough to deal with apathy.)
    Until humanity isn't so primitive, options like the one Op is requesting seems reasonable.
    Just as reasonable as the option to put me on ignore, here on the forums...
    Wknuto!
  • If you remove the ability for victims to see emotes, you will encourage victors to ***** which is a way more offensive virtual sexual assault.
  • family friendly PG clean forums

    INB4 mute
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you think that is offensive, you're going to be eaten alive in the real world. I didn't describe any actual behavior other than what really happens in other games. Easily PG if that's the metric you're going by.
  • namthekid02
    1659 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    delet this post pls
    k thx
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • True true.
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you remove the ability for victims to see emotes, you will encourage victors to **** which is a way more offensive virtual sexual assault.

    Tbagging will happen regardless, as it already does now, coupled with taunting.
    A person would have the option to remove the ability to see emotes on their screen only, a victor would have no idea if the other player had the option on or off, unless they magically have some way of looking at the other player's personal screen.
    Edit* (Like in HS, but even in that regard, an outside observer still wouldn't know the setting was switched to off, unless they saw the person's personal settings. Because they'd just see a game unfold with no emotes, as an observer.)
    Wknuto!
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Spiito wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    The other day on jakku some sniper was in some high up area, I have no idea how to get there. I pulled him down with kylo, frozen him, and emoted him before I killed him.

    However, as I was emoting, someone melted me from behind. The sniper unfroze and emoted me haha


    Fml.

    Did you and another player... have fun with the emotes? How is this possible. There’s no way someone’s feelings weren’t hurt. I’m calling ****.

    Apparently his skin is thicker than the average piece of saran wrap.

    (Maybe there's a medication for a lack of tough skin? Not like it would matter. Clearly, there doesn't seem to be one strong enough to deal with apathy.)
    Until humanity isn't so primitive, options like the one Op is requesting seems reasonable.
    Just as reasonable as the option to put me on ignore, here on the forums...

    There is a medication for a lack of a thick skin... it is called venturing outside the safe cuddly space where everyone likes you and agrees with you.

    As far as ignoring you, why would I do that? I am not so rampantly insecure in my positions that I need to remove the ability to see people who disagree with me lol. In fact, I prefer to interact with people who disagree with me as it is more interesting.

    Screenshot_2018_07_12_13_02_05.png
  • I still can't figure out t bagging. Always end up rolling over them, Neymar style
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    What is teabagging?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Don't look it up on Wikipedia
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Crouching rapidly over a dead body
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Crouching rapidly over a dead body

    Dip, dip, potato chip.
  • Dip, dip, potato chip
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    The other day on jakku some sniper was in some high up area, I have no idea how to get there. I pulled him down with kylo, frozen him, and emoted him before I killed him.

    However, as I was emoting, someone melted me from behind. The sniper unfroze and emoted me haha


    Fml.

    Did you and another player... have fun with the emotes? How is this possible. There’s no way someone’s feelings weren’t hurt. I’m calling ****.

    Apparently his skin is thicker than the average piece of saran wrap.

    (Maybe there's a medication for a lack of tough skin? Not like it would matter. Clearly, there doesn't seem to be one strong enough to deal with apathy.)
    Until humanity isn't so primitive, options like the one Op is requesting seems reasonable.
    Just as reasonable as the option to put me on ignore, here on the forums...

    There is a medication for a lack of a thick skin... it is called venturing outside the safe cuddly space where everyone likes you and agrees with you.

    As far as ignoring you, why would I do that? I am not so rampantly insecure in my positions that I need to remove the ability to see people who disagree with me lol. In fact, I prefer to interact with people who disagree with me as it is more interesting.

    Oh, so you mean, the very thing they are doing, by re-posting this thread? (It's a start, maybe.) I mean, I don't see a whole lot of people in this thread who are being cuddly and agreeable, do you?

    An admirable perceptive, but not everyone can be you. Not everyone's situations are the same. We all have different ways of dealing with things that effect us differently, and for some of us, the ignore or mute feature are the only options available, beyond simply depriving ourselves of the things we enjoy. Online, people have adblockers, we can pick and choose what we see, more and more, word filters are in place to shelter the young ones. And again, the option to put someone on ignore, if need be... (There so many privacy settings, just on xb alone...)
    All this available to use in our lives but somehow people are against the idea of a stranger selecting an option that only affects what they see, in a video game...
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    @t3hBar0n Also, since you showed me yours, it's only fair I show you mine c;
    RcWqZd0.png
    Wknuto!
  • bfloo
    15961 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    @t3hBar0n Also, since you showed me yours, it's only fair I show you mine c;
    RcWqZd0.png

    Why did you ignore Kim??? :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    @t3hBar0n Also, since you showed me yours, it's only fair I show you mine c;
    RcWqZd0.png

    Ahahahahaha... how DARE you ignore her!
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    Why did you ignore Kim??? :'(
    Because I have that option available to me.
    What's really interesting about the ignore feature is that I can click on their post's header if I want to see what they said, but since they are still on ignore, if I navigate away from the thread and come back, their posts are still tucked away.
    How Kim usually shows up for me;
    G2Zl9am.png
    I can click on Kim's post's header, and it will open up to show me what I missed.
    eRcAmXI.png
    If I leave and come back, I will see what the first picture included.

    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Ahahahahaha... how DARE you ignore her!
    *chuckles* ;p Right? Off with my head! I should be exposing myself to Kim because they're *totally* out of my comfort zone */Sarcasm*
    Honestly, I just put them on ignore because they were being particularly vocal around that time and I didn't want to scroll through their poodoo. As amusing as it tends to be.

    Just like with swbf2, emotes tend to come with some pretty amusing situations- not always hostile or negative, if a person doesn't want to see/hear emotes for any particular reason, they should have the option. :innocent:
    Wknuto!
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Spiito wrote: »
    Just like with swbf2, emotes tend to come with some pretty amusing situations- not always hostile or negative, if a person doesn't want to see/hear emotes for any particular reason, they should have the option. :innocent:

    No they shouldn't have that option. One of the mods already explained to you how it creates problems from a technical point of view. What is supposed to be happening on the viewers' screen while the emoter is doing his emote? What you're asking for is unnecessarily complicated code. Take it from a programmer, the last thing that you want in your code is something that is unnecessarily complicated for very little reward.
  • namthekid02
    1659 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I for one wish for the return of the laugh emote. Fufils my need for trolling. I would buy it
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    Crouching rapidly over a dead body

    So thats what they were doing when i was playing bf15 this morning.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Crouching rapidly over a dead body

    So thats what they were doing when i was playing bf15 this morning.

    Haha yep
    You can't spell "steal" without EA


    hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Spiito wrote: »
    @t3hBar0n Also, since you showed me yours, it's only fair I show you mine c;
    RcWqZd0.png

    You don’t want to see mine lol. Would take Multiple pics.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    No they shouldn't have that option. One of the mods already explained to you how it creates problems from a technical point of view. What is supposed to be happening on the viewers' screen while the emoter is doing his emote? What you're asking for is unnecessarily complicated code. Take it from a programmer, the last thing that you want in your code is something that is unnecessarily complicated for very little reward.
    tumblr_m96b3jdman1qcngeko1_500.gif
    I remember. Even so... I went back to re-examine their post anyways. They did mention key words that led me to believe they were mostly speculating as to why the feature could *possibly* be problematic. (Although, when I was addressing them, due to time frames, I didn't see their last point, which they edited to include later on. ...And a very valid point it is...)
    I yield.
    *Sigh* The option to disable emotes shouldn't be added... (I just hope this whole thread has at least shed some light on the nature of the community and what they truly value... Something to be learned from everything... )
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    Also, since you showed me yours, it's only fair I show you mine c;
    Dash wrote: »
    You don’t want to see mine lol. Would take Multiple pics.
    That big, huh? c;
    tumblr_p7c89nlem61v4w5ico3_540.gif
    As Shepard would say.... I should go.
    Wknuto!
  • King_Friday_XIII
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I honestly don't mind too much when an opponent emotes me, but after being followed by a teammate, as Iden, who literally spammed "Revenge our Emperor" for 20 minutes, is there any good reason why your teammates need to hear you emote?
    Post edited by King_Friday_XIII on
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    I honestly don't mind too much when an opponent emotes me, but after being followed by a teammate, as Iden, who literally spammed "Revenge our Emperor" for 20 minutes, is there any good reason why your teammates near to hear you emote?

    Ears!?
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





This discussion has been closed.