criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Client-side Emote Suppression.

Replies

• Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    I honestly don't mind too much when an opponent emotes me, but after being followed by a teammate, as Iden, who literally spammed "Revenge our Emperor" for 20 minutes, is there any good reason why your teammates near to hear you emote?

Ears!?

Have to assume you are referring to 'Big Ears' at this point...but a good friend would enjoy laughing at the kill feed joke and that is what playing as a team is about - beast mode.
  • Dash wrote: »
    I honestly don't mind too much when an opponent emotes me, but after being followed by a teammate, as Iden, who literally spammed "Revenge our Emperor" for 20 minutes, is there any good reason why your teammates near to hear you emote?

Ears!?

Everyone knows people don't have ears. That's just a myth perpetrated by Space Communists XD
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Kniphtee wrote: »

Ears!?

Have to assume you are referring to 'Big Ears' at this point...but a good friend would enjoy laughing at the kill feed joke and that is what playing as a team is about - beast mode.

#BeastMode

Ears!?

Everyone knows people don't have ears. That's just a myth perpetrated by Space Communists XD

Lmfao! :lol:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Fevee
    222 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Carbonic wrote: »
    • You are basically asking for a system where something can happen on the server but not on clients that don't choose to. I imagine some work need to be implemented as well to prevent this from being used for cheating so it's probably not that easy to implement.
    • Inconsistent gameplay experience. Suddenly friends can play the same match but not see the same things causing confusion.
    • Lower value for people who have invested time or something else in getting specific emotes; as people can now turn them off their perceived value will be less and a bunch of issues with people demanding refunds etc. could happen.
    • Hitbox mismatch: someone does an emote, someone without emotes shoots you in the head while you do it, does the hit land? Suddenly, on here, we get complaints about bad netcode and fake bug reports.

You bring up some good points, and I even tested out hitboxes in splitscreen. With Bossk leaning forward with "You're just another target.", his head truly was out of place from where it would have been during idling. I also tested Pew Pew, as it offers a drastic change in hitbox location for the head. And indeed, there was no hitbox where the head was if the unit was idling.

However, I move onto you that when a player is emoting, they've already volunteered to be motionless and useless for those few seconds. Plus, they can cancel at any time by simply moving. My challenge to you: How many times has emoting saved your life, instead of dooming it? How many times have you ducked a sniper's headshot because you were doing Injured or Pew Pew? Besides, it's almost never just one shot. It's more likely a Heavy will come around the corner and Impact Grenade your face off. Or an Assault who Vanguarded your innards out. Or an Officer who Blurrged you into oblivion. Or a Wookiee Wookieed at you in the many ways a Wookiee can Wookiee.

There's probably already client-side differences that set apart one player's experience from the other, like the location of just-deceased bodies. And I seem to have a problem where I duck behind a wall, and then get killed by a blaster shot from through the solid matter. Unless penetrative rounds are a feature I don't know about, it would seem my client says I'm in cover, whereas their client says they shot me; and the server ruled in their favor.

If Random Joe worked hard to buy that Kaboom emote, and loves to use it after his Heavy blows someone up, he can still use it, he still sees it take place, is it not satisfying enough for him to got the kill and done his emote? Why is it so game changing that the unit he blew up -who already may have respawned- saw it or not? If said unit already respawned, then said unit didn't see it, anyways. Maybe an enemy Assault who snuck up behind Random Joe saw the emote, maybe he didn't. Random Joe still elected to be stationary and defenseless for a second, and only half a second later, got Vanguarded anyways.

Is everyone's esteem so low, that the victory wasn't enough? You need to know they saw your emote, too? This option would just be somewhere in the Gameplay settings, anyways, and other than mentioning it in patch notes if implemented, you don't have to advertise it to new players; not everyone is going to know it's there, thus not ever conceive that a random internet player didn't see your emote.
    Highly competitive + thin skin = emote complaints

Work on solving either of the first two factors and the solution will naturally work itself out.

Everyone's different, I'm sorry I'm not one of those I-couldn't-lose-even-if-I-tried people all of you seem to be. My skills at this game have probably long-since peaked, yet I come back and try again. If losing doesn't bother you, fine, more power to you.

But I, on the other hand, am highly competitive. Even if I stink at this game, and don't have the skills/reflexes the rest of you have, I play, and I give it my absolute all. (Which only makes losing hurt even more.) I hate losing. I hate losing with such a passion, even a Sith would get nervous around me. I don't even love winning; I just hate losing. Highly competitive? Thin Skin? Both are traits that are about as unhelpable as one's sexuality. So yes, I'm a sore loser. And supposedly everyone hates a sore loser. But honestly, I find sore winners to be even worse.

DrX2345 wrote: »
    But yeah, I said this in the other thread and I'll say it here - I don't see why it's such a big deal. If someone kills you and emotes, just ignore it or laugh it off - I know I do, especially when it's a well timed one.

Maybe if there ever were well-timed ones. I pretty-much just do HvV, nowadays, so all I ever get anymore is "COWARDS!" from a Kylo who's either cowering behind all three of his teammates, or perhaps after all 4 of them gang-ripped me in a display of true cowardice, or even if it was a fair one-on-one, and I met his challenge head on, and he bested me anyways.

"Don't get cocky." is in close second. Recently, I had Iden just spamming "Avenge our Emperor!" just there's no tomorrow. And maybe that's a callout to the kill-switched Palpatine, I don't know. But it was grating, and I would prefer not have to have been forced to listen to it. (I can still hear it in my ears, when my thoughts are quiet; and this was days ago.)

Overall, though, I can safely say that if it weren't for the "Cowards!" emote, I wouldn't even be insisting on this thread. No one uses emotes in a clever or well-timed way, there's only ever Kylo calling us out because he doesn't have the guts to come forth.
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    I didn't think about that. But, if it was closed once, maybe it wasn't a good idea to open a new one again.
    *Considers how often I'm hearing that from others lately, and wondering if it's a good thing...*
    It was closed because it was derailed. The community failed to remain on topic. It's a common occurrence, which can happen in any given thread.
    Hypothetically, If you wanted Ewok hunt back, or some addition to Ewok hunt (like a bow weapon, or the ability to chuck rocks) and a bunch of people showed up saying you were too ... ""Something or other"" for wanting it, and that Ewok hunt was the worst mode... (basically **** all over your thread) eventually getting it derailed, by bickering about other non-Ewok related things, until your thread was closed, how would that make you feel? Especially if you are noticeably the only one in the community (at that time) actively requesting anything for Ewok mode, like that?

Some things are more important to another person, for whatever reason. Personal value is subjective... This ""Option to Surpress Emotes (client-side)"" was apparently important enough to this person to try again, despite the greater majority disagreeing and disapproving with their notion, the first time. I think that's pretty neat. (Especially considering how hostile and immature others were the first time around.)
    So this thread is serious, seriously?

o0yumsyoqbc7.gif
    BW40.gif

I'll ignore your condescending tone (it was unneeded and unwelcomed) and I'll remind you that there was already an official response from a moderator suggesting that this change is not feasible.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    I honestly don't mind too much when an opponent emotes me, but after being followed by a teammate, as Iden, who literally spammed "Revenge our Emperor" for 20 minutes, is there any good reason why your teammates need to hear you emote?

sorry, i'm still upset Palps is gone :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I keep confusing you with the other Dash who used to post here, Dash_Gaming. He was always a considerate guy who encouraged getting along with other people instead of taunting and baiting and belittling them. So I get all surprised to see you saying what you say. Then I remember, oh yeah, not the same guy. =)
    I’m the same guy. I’m still the same. However, when I disagree with a post/comment/topic, I am vocal about it too. That’s what the forum debates/discussions are about. To agree or disagree, and then explaining why.
    Of course -- no complaints about you expressing yourself, or disagreeing with anybody.

... [/i]
    I can't tell if you're being serious or snide about Dash. That's our bubbly, lovable, tolerant, and accepting Dash. They got a name change.
    I'm a bit embarrassed, but I was being completely serious (and apparently obtuse) about thinking it was two different people. Did I miss a public name change announcement thread?

There does seem to be a change in post tone, though. I remember Dash_Gaming being almost annoyingly peace and friendliness and light, nearly to the point of avoiding and disliking debate and disagreement. Supporting not only derisive taunting emotes but also the derisive taunting in the forums from people who are so attached to their in-game derision, I guess that seem like a long step. But I could well have just been off in my perception, these forums are hardly a clear medium of communication.

Mate, you’re pushing the limit of being blunt and using my name. Try not to even type it. Much better imo.

But you're famous, or maybe infamous B)

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11627 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    I keep confusing you with the other Dash who used to post here, Dash_Gaming. He was always a considerate guy who encouraged getting along with other people instead of taunting and baiting and belittling them. So I get all surprised to see you saying what you say. Then I remember, oh yeah, not the same guy. =)
    I’m the same guy. I’m still the same. However, when I disagree with a post/comment/topic, I am vocal about it too. That’s what the forum debates/discussions are about. To agree or disagree, and then explaining why.
    Of course -- no complaints about you expressing yourself, or disagreeing with anybody.

... [/i]
    I can't tell if you're being serious or snide about Dash. That's our bubbly, lovable, tolerant, and accepting Dash. They got a name change.
    I'm a bit embarrassed, but I was being completely serious (and apparently obtuse) about thinking it was two different people. Did I miss a public name change announcement thread?

There does seem to be a change in post tone, though. I remember Dash_Gaming being almost annoyingly peace and friendliness and light, nearly to the point of avoiding and disliking debate and disagreement. Supporting not only derisive taunting emotes but also the derisive taunting in the forums from people who are so attached to their in-game derision, I guess that seem like a long step. But I could well have just been off in my perception, these forums are hardly a clear medium of communication.

Mate, you’re pushing the limit of being blunt and using my name. Try not to even type it. Much better imo.

But you're famous, or maybe infamous B)

:wink: And Ruthless. :naughty:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Spiito
    1906 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    I'll ignore your condescending tone (it was unneeded and unwelcomed) and I'll remind you that there was already an official response from a moderator suggesting that this change is not feasible.
    I fail to see what was condescending about it. But I appreciate that you're willing to ignore whatever it was.
    I don't require the reminder. I already gave up on the notion on the previous page.
    Wknuto!
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Really? The EE-4, Body-Guard, Bacta, Jet-Pack, Shield popping, Scatter Gun Monkey Chunk freaking, DEVOLVED ABOMINATIONS!!!

No longer exist

Why would anyone get upset over emotes in this game, when they are funny?

I mean

How could you get mad at the Gonk emote

It's beautiful

I miss killing that meta loadout :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    Really? The EE-4, Body-Guard, Bacta, Jet-Pack, Shield popping, Scatter Gun Monkey Chunk freaking, DEVOLVED ABOMINATIONS!!!

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

When you killed the EE-4 Jetpack abomination with the weakest gun in game without even berserker (The Infantry version of Lando's Pistol)

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo wrote: »

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

Pfft, that meta wasn't quite as effective as the EE-4, Berserker, Improved Cooling, Bacta and Jetpack. That right there was such an amazing set of abilities and passives which all combined to make you a walking machine of death - by stage three of Berserker, you'd be one-shotting everything at close range and doing serious damage at medium range. I had so much fun with that loadout, especially in the Bespin Playlist - Sabotage especially, the Carbon-Freezing Chambers were pure murder.
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

Pfft, that meta wasn't quite as effective as the EE-4, Berserker, Improved Cooling, Bacta and Jetpack. That right there was such an amazing set of abilities and passives which all combined to make you a walking machine of death - by stage three of Berserker, you'd be one-shotting everything at close range and doing serious damage at medium range. I had so much fun with that loadout, especially in the Bespin Playlist - Sabotage especially, the Carbon-Freezing Chambers were pure murder.
    EE-4 already does enough damage

Bodyguard

Now that terrified me
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    My fav was Bodyguard, Bacta, Jump Pack, and Bubble using the TL-50 secondary and roll ninja cheese. :naughty:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• OOM19 wrote: »

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

Bodyguard

Now that terrified me

The reduced damage was good and all, but I never found it as useful as being guaranteed a OHK anywhere on the target with the EE-4 at close range. Didn't even need to bother aiming, which was very useful on Sabotage - You could murder heroes on that mode so quickly it wasn't even funny. Makes the SCS in the old days look like a plastic nerf gun.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    My fav was Bodyguard, Bacta, Jump Pack, and Bubble using the TL-50 secondary and roll ninja cheese. :naughty:

It was no match for my Flash grenade, shock grenade, laugh emote, disrupt, bo *****, tusken emote combo B)

h846398gb27k.png

• OOM19
    2832 posts Member

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

Bodyguard

Now that terrified me

The reduced damage was good and all, but I never found it as useful as being guaranteed a OHK anywhere on the target with the EE-4 at close range. Didn't even need to bother aiming, which was very useful on Sabotage - You could murder heroes on that mode so quickly it wasn't even funny. Makes the SCS in the old days look like a plastic nerf gun.

True, perhaps

But if you had AD stim and Bacta bomb

You were a walking and talking King Tiger

The only thing that stood a chance against you was that freaking Rebel Droid that packed a Mini Death Star laser
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo wrote: »

It was no match for my Flash grenade, shock grenade, laugh emote, disrupt, bo ****, tusken emote combo B)

That rifle, I swear, everyone always had such amazing luck in smacking me with the instant melee, but if I ever tried it? Nope, dead, never hit. But man, I used to pack disruption all the time, but then it was nerfed and became dead weight.

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

Bodyguard

Now that terrified me

True, perhaps

The only thing that stood a chance against you was that freaking Rebel Droid that packed a Mini Death Star laser

Oh I remember that thing, the little astromech that could fire two shots and it'd be super accurate and kill you instantly. It was the bane of my existence, but on the flip side, I loved putting it down and letting others suffer as well.

By the end, so much in that game was just so broken balance-wise.
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    Oh I remember that thing, the little astromech that could fire two shots and it'd be super accurate and kill you instantly. It was the bane of my existence, but on the flip side, I loved putting it down and letting others suffer as well.

What it felt like to get a target lock warning from it

I swear you would be in the middle of your roll you get the target lock and just die instantly you would just fall down like a plastic bag!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member

It was no match for my Flash grenade, shock grenade, laugh emote, disrupt, bo ****, tusken emote combo B)

That rifle, I swear, everyone always had such amazing luck in smacking me with the instant melee, but if I ever tried it? Nope, dead, never hit. But man, I used to pack disruption all the time, but then it was nerfed and became dead weight.

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

Bodyguard

Now that terrified me

True, perhaps

It was so much fun trolling in that game.

Nothing like annoying the other team so much in a cargo game where all 6 made it their mission from God to attack you while your team skipped back and forth unopposed with the cargo. I ended up needing EA with it to run away.

Good times, I miss the star card system. The fun the flash grenade, repulsor canon, and stealth could be with the SE-44C.

h846398gb27k.png

• OOM19 wrote: »

What it felt like to get a target lock warning from it

I swear you would be in the middle of your roll you get the target lock and just die instantly you would just fall down like a plastic bag!

Let it never be said that little red astromech droid didn't do everything in its power to win the war for whatever side was lucky enough to drop it. What somehow made it worse was the fact it could tank damage like nobody's business, so you were dead if you ran or dead if you fired - I even tried to jetpack away once, and it still got me when I was 30 feet away!

No longer exist

I mean

It's beautiful

Bodyguard

Now that terrified me

True, perhaps

It was so much fun trolling in that game.

Nothing like annoying the other team so much in a cargo game where all 6 made it their mission from God to attack you while your team skipped back and forth unopposed with the cargo. I ended up needing EA with it to run away.

Good times, I miss the star card system. The fun the flash grenade, repulsor canon, and stealth could be with the SE-44C.

Dude, Escape Artist was so broken in that game. Did you ever play much Infiltration from the Scarif playlist? If you had a maxed out, level 3 EA by the end of the second phase and you'd have the Bacta and Shield equipped. Throw the bacta, pick up a datapad and dash like mad straight for the extraction point. You'd outrun literally everything, and just pop the shield for the last leg of the run. Finish, spam the winning emote or laugh, your choice. GG, done in less than 20 seconds.

I won so many games that way, and nobody ever seemed to use it!
  • Fevee
    222 posts Member
    Emote suppression, let's get it done in time for those new emotes coming out.
  • Fevee
    222 posts Member
    Remove emotes! I don't even want to see my own allies doing it.
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Fevee wrote: »

That's because you can't handle competition. It's the same reason you made a thread complaining that SWBF2 didn't pit you against adversaries easy enough to defeat. If the game is not fun for you, don't play it. Don't try to ruin it for thoseof us that do enjoy it.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited July 2018

That's because you can't handle competition. It's the same reason you made a thread complaining that SWBF2 didn't pit you against adversaries easy enough to defeat. If the game is not fun for you, don't play it. Don't try to ruin it for thoseof us that do enjoy it.

I’m gonna start a Webisode series for Battlefront 2. Each episode will showcase different ways to hurt feelings while playing. Without typing or speaking. :smirk:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator

I’m gonna start a Webisode series for Battlefront 2. Each episode will showcase different ways to hurt feelings while playing. Without typing or speaking. :smirk:

Some of the passive dialogue in game man ...when it triggers serendipitously can be rather hilarious :lol:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11627 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »

Some of the passive dialogue in game man ...when it triggers serendipitously can be rather hilarious :lol:

Han and Lando talk the most smack lol. I love it :lol:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Devlin21
    8327 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »

Boba Fett: you're not worth my time to play fair.
    Young lando: would it be more fair if I used my bad hand.
    Palpatine: you grow decrepit with age
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I was playing on Crait as a specialist. One of the holes had a Vader (same team) that was also waiting to advance. I accidentally got in his way and was told, "you're as clumsy as you are stupid." I couldn't help but laugh.
  • Defbored
    1538 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

delete this thread

You should've said "remove this thread!". Missed opportunity, broseph.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »

delete this thread

You should've said "remove this thread!". Missed opportunity, broseph.
    hqdefault.jpg
    [+3748 posts]
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Should not be a thing to note - hate that I clicked on this some time ago. Don't want to suffer emote tea bagging, then don't die and stomp that clown.
  • Fevee
    222 posts Member
    • Lower value for people who have invested time or something else in getting specific emotes; as people can now turn them off their perceived value will be less and a bunch of issues with people demanding refunds etc. could happen.

If you spent a lot of money on garbage, that's your problem, not mine. Still doesn't mean you get to dump it in my yard.

If one doesn't want to see these worthless emotes ingame, they shouldn't have to. Meanwhile, the other party got exactly what they want. It's a win-win.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

If you spent a lot of money on garbage, that's your problem, not mine. Still doesn't mean you get to dump it in my yard.

If one doesn't want to see these worthless emotes ingame, they shouldn't have to. Meanwhile, the other party got exactly what they want. It's a win-win.

It's not a win-win, we keep telling you why. I'm spending my credits because I want you to see my stormtrooper han solo dancing on your dead body
    and to borrow your words, if you partake in online multiplayer and you get angry at other players' behavior, that's your problem, not mine. FYI the AI won't emote you in arcade
    [+3748 posts]
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Wasting Development/Developer time because of an emotional reaction you personally have to emotes is NOT a “Win Win”.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Kniphtee
    991 posts Member

Wasting Development/Developer time because of an emotional reaction you personally have to emotes is NOT a “Win Win”.

Well said.
  • Fevee
    222 posts Member

It's not a win-win, we keep telling you why. I'm spending my credits because I want you to see my stormtrooper han solo dancing on your dead body

So why is your confidence so fragile, that you need to know they saw your insult? Winning wasn't enough for you? You have to rub it in? Sore winners are even worse than sore losers.

If this is implemented, is it really going to ruin your game experience to wonder if absolutely every player other than you has their emotes on? You just can't fight, can't play your best, can't focus, because you're too anxious that any random player might not see your emote?

If that's the case, I think have worse problems than I do, mentally.
  • GenxDarchi
    7725 posts Member

So why is your confidence so fragile, that you need to know they saw your insult? Winning wasn't enough for you? You have to rub it in? Sore winners are even worse than sore losers.

If this is implemented, is it really going to ruin your game experience to wonder if absolutely every player other than you has their emotes on? You just can't fight, can't play your best, can't focus, because you're too anxious that any random player might not see your emote?

If that's the case, I think have worse problems than I do, mentally.
    1. “I think you have worse problems mentally” is how it should go,
    2.No, it would be a waste of time to implement it. It’s ***** to even waste the time of the devs trying to develop content because some dude can’t take someone using an emote, just return to the spawn screen and you don’t have to see someone emote you. If you can’t handle someone using an emote, that’s your problem, not the devs, not the people playing, that’s your problem, not the communities.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    pouting covers this and then maybe move on and accept it is just a game - laugh, smile, have fun - a game.
    feel sorry for the person who started this thread, you need a hug and i'm sorry for your hurt.
  • Logging on and seeing that this thread is still going
    nbkjxc928443.jpeg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Spiito
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't care so much about the emotes thing. I get it. & I get why it isn't viable. But seriously, I am questioning more and more, WHY ARE THERE LIMITED SOUND OPTIONS IN THIS GAME?

Swbf15&17:
    • Music toggle button on/off
    • Master volume slider

Nearly every other game:
    • Music slider
    • Dialogue/Voice slider
    • Sound Effect slider
    • Master volume control slider

I like playing with the settings and seeing what I can do to change up my playing experience, and let me tell you.... I've tried playing swbf17 No hud & no sound. I've tried playing with the hud & no sound. I have discovered that I rely far more on what I'm hearing, rather than what I'm seeing. In some cases, I even mistook where I was being fired on from, due to shots visually looking like they were coming from elsewhere. Without sound, I'm dead in the water, apparently.
    If they added some optional sliders, or a toggle option specifically for voices, it could be decent a compromise? At least you wouldn't have to hear emote spammers running screaming around the maps, *in a seemingly never ending fashion.

I actually tend to mess with my sound sliders in other games, because sometimes characters make grunting noises EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. THEY. JUMP! (& as a bunny hopping maniac, that just gets on the nerves to hear "EUNGH" every second, while jumping. I'm looking at you Mass Effect: Andromeda!!! One does not simply stop jumping; when it's clearly the faster method of in-building transportation. Thankfully ME:A comes with sound sliders so I can mute specifically just the thing that gets on the nerves, and not mute the entire virtual world around me/Ryder. )
    Wknuto!
  • Fevee
    222 posts Member
    I never want to hear the "Cowards!" emote ever again.

Plain and simple. Just get rid of that one emote.
  • Devlin21
    8327 posts Member

No.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Fevee
    222 posts Member

No.

Well, then allow us to suppress the ridiculous emotes. You can still spam it all you want, and everyone else will still see it, so it's a win-win.

You really aren't in a position to be calling anyone "fragile" after a thread like this.

Calling others names doesn't automatically validate your side of the argument. I've placed my points, I've responded to others', I even admit shortcomings. You people just ignore arguments that make the point, and lapse back into the name-calling, or tired already-refuted counter-arguments.

If implementing this were as easy as flipping a switch, you'd still be against it, because your arguments are little more than "I have to rub it in their faces!"
  • Fevee
    222 posts Member
    Emote suppression. Winning should be enough, they don't need to emote it too, if we don't to see that garbage.
  • Devlin21
    8327 posts Member
    The knee slap emote can't get here soon enough.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!