criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Favourite Map - Galactic Assault

Replies

• Yavin 4
    Yavin 4 all the way. Maps like Kashyyyk and Hoth are ridiculously long. At least in Yavin 4, you’re able to choose if you want to play in an open place or close quarters at every stage.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hoth
    The problem is half of the maps/games never get to the final stages, so I would say Hoth and Crait as their first stages are awesome!

Maybe they’re looking to add the upcoming large game mode with select GA maps.
  • SMTHook
    223 posts Member
    Hoth
    I love the maps with Walkers. Picked Hoth. I easily could of picked Endor or Crait. I like them all. They all have their fun moments. I'd miss any map removed from the game.
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    Theed
    It's Naboo/Theed for me. Maybe it's partially nostalgia from the pre-launch, alpha and beta days, but I think this map just looks incredible and plays pretty well, and this is coming from someone who doesn't usually like the linear, three-lane maps but the more open ones. I would say Kashyyyk but it's such a huge map with so few players in Galactic Assault, everyone is just concentrated in a small area and it's just not as fun to play on as it is to look at. Kamino, too much of it is played in doors rather than out doors. I think Naboo just plays the best, even though the mindless explosive spam can get annoying in the tighter corridors. It's cinematic, immersive, and most importantly, just plain fun.
  • Theed
    Aw wish I could vote multiple, love so many maps, kashyyyk, yavin, kamino.
  • Theed
    Put these but like crait more
  • Setgang6
    217 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Endor
    Endor!
    Swear filter bypassing removed.

Post edited by T0TALfps on
  • VaperEyes
    641 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hoth
    the only thing missing on Hoth is a good snow-ball fight and a sled to go downhill. Good map for strategy and no real choke points as long as both walkers make it to the top.
    give me the snow monster skin for Wookies?
  • Theed
    @F8RGE why do you ask? Is this poll just for funzies or is their a deeper reason?

Does this have to do with geonosis?

Are we choosing a map to remove in order for Geonosis to take its place?!!!
    If so, why don’t you just ask us that instead?

or maybe their taking the favorited map in the game and using that as a model for geonosis.

its the walker, it never lets ya down

Or they could be adding the top 3 into the new mode before geonosis so they can work the kinks out 1st
  • Spiito
    1984 posts Member
    Crait
    latest?cb=20180310231450
    Wknuto!
  • Theed
    Thread Voting Update:

Crait: 6% with 10 votes
    Jakku: 0% with 0 votes

Overall Update:
    Most Favorite Map: Theed (36% with 53 votes)
    Least Favorite Maps: Takodana & Jakku (both at 0% with 0 votes)
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • DCDT
    177 posts Member
    Kashyyyk
    Tied with Crait.
  • Theed
    @F8RGE why do you ask? Is this poll just for funzies or is their a deeper reason?

Does this have to do with geonosis?

Are we choosing a map to remove in order for Geonosis to take its place?!!!
    If so, why don’t you just ask us that instead?

or maybe their taking the favorited map in the game and using that as a model for geonosis.

its the walker, it never lets ya down

Or they could be adding the top 3 into the new mode before geonosis so they can work the kinks out 1st

Of course!
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • DarthJ
    6832 posts Member
    Mos Eiseley
    Mos Eisley - to me its still one of the most iconic locations in Star Wars and I love to play it. It can be tough but generally its always a good battle.

Theed is 2nd for me, then Kashyyyk.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • WodiQuix
    4587 posts Member
    Hoth
    Love the atmosphere behind Theed, the post-invasion aspect in the background is really well done. Overall I never really have a bad time with Theed due to the map, always more so the team i'm with.

However, my favorite premise for a GA map has to go Death Star 2 hands down, love the crashed corvette. The setup makes the 20v20 battle seem a bit more plausible, and all the intricate details really sell the experience. (ex. Superlaser chamber, turbolasers...)

Finally, i'd say Hoth has one of the better Phase 1 areas mechanic wise. It actually rewards the defenders for doing a good job in that phase in the ability to have doors remain sealed. (Aside from that there's also the tow cables.)

Agreed. I love spawning in as a Rebel inside the Corvette. It does feel like it could have actually happened in the movies. Death Star II is pretty cool with all the intricate details. I love the armory room with all the stormtrooper uniforms and helmets.
  • Pawl250
    25 posts Member
    Kashyyyk
    Kashyyk is by far the best map. Looks amazing, especially when the grass section is introduced. Its like Star Wars interpretation of the Normandy landing.

As for following maps, Theed, Hoth, Endor, Kamino, and Death Star II all amazing and play well. Crait isn't bad, but Leia can sometimes spoil the map with her charged shot.

Yavin and Tatooine are in the average maps for me.

Least Favourite Takodana, has anyone actually successfully defended the last stage? I do not mean to blow my own trumpet, but I am a pretty good player in the game and its impossible. So one sided. After the first stage it only gets harder to defend.

Starkiller is pretty poor also.

To be fair all the maps look amazing.
  • Kashyyyk
    Voted for Kashyyyk, but I'd say Crait is best, as it has a little bit of everything in it.
  • Kashyyyk
    See nobody likes these new movie era maps. We want clone wars
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    Theed
    See nobody likes these new movie era maps. We want clone wars

Seeing a lot of if crait was on here i would've chose that instead.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Theed
    The streets of Theed leading up to the palace...
    Absolute master piece of a map. I feel like every single inch of that city was Ctrl-v'd Straight out of the movie!

I love playing on this map, whether it be for the Battledroids, or my Clone companions.

I'm always loving my time on Theed.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    Theed
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    The streets of Theed leading up to the palace...
    Absolute master piece of a map. I feel like every single inch of that city was Ctrl-v'd Straight out of the movie!

I love playing on this map, whether it be for the Battledroids, or my Clone companions.

I'm always loving my time on Theed.

Cant wait to play it on conquest. Hopefully we get a bigger portion of the map, as the nonplayable area is huge.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• LaurenXIV
    456 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hoth
    So what Im gonna do is rank my favorite maps, and explain phase-by-phase what I like/dislike so I can give some (hopefully useful) feedback :)

1. Crait
    Phase 1 - I love phase 1 <3 I love the walker phases. Its flat, so it avoids the thing with Hoth where the Rebels have the high ground (which we all know to be OP ;) ). It accommodates a lot of different play styles, from sniping above ground, to CQC below ground. The objectives are well placed, meaning that the Resistance can get some shots in to hit the AT-M6, but for the First Order you have good opportunities to stop them. I love the graphics and how accurately it represents TLJ. As a slightly negative thing, its quite easy to get lost in the tunnels because many don't lead anywhere, but that's all I can think of.
    Phase 2 - Phase 2 is essentially a guaranteed First Order victory, but I don't mind that. If you have a good team, you can push them to overtime quite easily, and it means that the game lasts longer. I can't think of anything I dislike about the phase, but it isn't my favorite thing either.
    Phase 3 - I don't like Crait phase 3. Its very biased towards the Resistance. Unless you finish phase 2 with 90+ reinforcements, chances are the First Order will have no chance to succeed at all. Its mostly due to the amount that the doors close. Heroes can also make phase 3 suck for the FO. I think even 50% less door closing would still make the map balanced. It isn't IMPOSSIBLE as the First Order to win, but they have a tendency to lose there time after time.

2. Hoth
    Phase 1 - I really enjoy Phase 1 on Hoth. The Rebellion does have an easier time of things than the Empire, but like Crait it can accommodate a lot of different play styles, from sniping to CQC in the trenches. Every class has a part to play, and I love that. Its also such a beautiful map <3
    Phase 2 - It isn't my favorite phase, but I do enjoy it. It's very competitive, and can go either way. There are lots of entry points for the Empire, which kinda makes it varied, which imo is a good thing.
    Phase 3 - I don't like Hoth phase 3. Theoretically, the map would be great but the hero/enforcer spam makes me hate it. I don't even find it fun to play as a hero in this phase, but there are so many heroes that playing the objective is terrible and the standard infantry are limited in what they can do. The heroes definitely ruin this phase.

3. Theed
    Phase 1 - Again, I love Phase 1. Its so much fun :) Its less varied than Crait and Hoth, but still enjoyable. As a small improvement, I feel as if the first ion launcher on the right side (for the Republic) is always reached first by the Separatists, rather than at the same time which would be more fun, imo :)
    Phase 2 - Theoretically, I would hate Theed phase 2 - and I did for a start. I don't like the choke point gameplay (for either side), and I often find that heroes ruin things. The Wookie Warrior is seriously OP in this phase to the point where, when I use it, I genuinely feel sorry for the enemy team. Thermal imploder is crazy. Its quite difficult for the Separatists to push towards the objective, but very possible. Its ok.
    Phase 3 - Annndddd I really really really dislike Theed phase 3. Its just constant hero/enforcer spam in an enclosed area - not at all fun.

4. Starkiller Base
    Phase 1 - Fun for the First Order, not soooo much for the Resistance (but still fun). The objective to the right (for the Resistance) is nice and good to take, but the objective to the left is ridiculously biased towards the First Order. Two officers can just hide, place their turrets close to the objective and the Resistance can really stand no chance to take it most of the time. Add that to the speeders, and its not the best phase at all.
    Phase 2 - Its essentially a guaranteed Resistance win because of the map layout. Its fun to play as the Resistance, not at all as the FO because you can't really move/go anywhere. Enforcers are a little too strong, imo. Heroes are slightly more balanced in this phase. Not my favorite phase either.
    Phase 3 - most of the time, a guaranteed Resistance win. Its very easy for a LS hero to kill lots of First Order soldiers before they can even move to defend the objective, making it impossible to kill them in the process. I've always felt that Starkiller Base should have another phase tbh :/

5. Takodana
    Phase 1 - very competitive, quite balanced. I don't particularly enjoy it much because of the small area the battles take place in, but its pretty. I do feel that the no-go area for the Resistance should be taken back a few feet to the edge of the wall, just making it easier for the First Order to gain a good foothold - it can be very difficult for them to take.
    Phase 2 - I like Phase 2 a lot. Its fun. Heroes are strong, but not toooooo strong. Its suitable for quite a few different play styles. Yup, I like it :)
    Phase 3 - I really don't like Phase 3. First Order heroes/enforcers can run upstairs and keep the Resistance from trying to contest the objective. Far too many heroes and enforcers imo, if it was just troopers it wouldn't be too bad.

6. Kamino
    Phase 1 - The clones definitely have the advantage, but its possible for the droids to do well - they just need to complete it quickly, otherwise it can be a huuuuggeee drain on reinforcements. I feel as if it could be better, but eh.
    Phase 2 - I don't enjoy it, but it isn't too bad.
    Phase 3 - I really enjoy Phase 3. It can be difficult, but its fun.
    Phase 4 - Nope. I really don't like Phase 4, for either side. Hero, enforcer and heavy spam means that it can be impossible, even for a team that has been steamrolling the entire game, from getting anywhere close to the objective. There are too many clones/heroes/wookies in an enclosed space, and as much as you kill them... they just come back over and over and over again, and its INSANELY hard for the separatists to push forward. In my entire time playing Battlefront II, Ive only ever seen one successful Kamino phase 4.

7. Mos Eisley
    Phase 1 - Its quite difficult for the Empire, the Rebellion definitely has a clear advantage. I don't like it much, no matter what side Im playing for.
    Phase 2 - The balcony in one of the objective areas makes camping there veerrryyy common and it does ruin the phase for me a little tbh. Otherwise its ok.
    Phase 3 - Heroes like Palpatine, and lots of Enforcers mean that its far too easy to complete for the Empire, and I don't really have enough time to form an opinion on it because theres rarely any fighting. Its just... short, and over quickly, and veerryyy easy.

8. Kashyyyk
    Phase 1 - Its a good, fun, walker phase. Lots of variety in playstyles and environments also :)
    Phase 2 - Its just like... enforcer/hero dominated, I really don't like it at all. The enclosed spaces just aren't fun to fight in.
    Phase 3 - Its ok. That's all I can really think to say :P

9. Jakku
    Phase 1 - I don't like the map layout in phase 1. The First Order reaches the right objective (for the Resistance - can't remember what its called) before the defenders, making it veerrryyy easy for them to capture one objective basically immediately. The second objective is quite difficult to take, but I just find the map layout the biggest downfall of the phase - even though it supports a few different playstyles.
    Phase 2 - I find it to be almost always a First Order victory. It can be hard for the Resistance to even get people to contest the objective at times.
    Phase 3 - Its ok, I don't like or dislike it.
    Phase 4 - Almost a guaranteed First Order victory with the number of enforcers/heroes.

10. Endor
    Phase 1 - Its... bad. Because of the positioning of the objectives, it can be hard for the Rebellion to complete all 3 objectives. The first two seem to go down without a problem (the indoors objective and the outdoors-left objective), but the third can be terrible because Empire is able to hide behind the platform base and kill people who try to take the objectives very easily.
    Phase 2 - Its the worst walker phase imo. Because it can start on less than 100 health, its the easiest to take down by far. Heroes are also pretty bad in this phase, and I don't like the map layout.
    Phase 3 - Its a guaranteed Rebellion victory, theres just no competition. The Empire can't really do anything to stop them, and it makes the phase pretty bad. Ive always felt there should be another phase after it tbh

11. Death Star II
    Overall, Death Star II is one of the worst maps in the game. Its lacking in variety, and is just a mainly CQC map. I also find every phase to be just a Rebellion victory in 90% of cases. Nothing else I can say :P

12. Yavin 4
    I just find it bad, like 100%. Ive never liked it, even from the first time I tried it. Its a pretty map, but I can't really think of anything else positive to say. Its just not for me, and if it appears as the next game I play/when Im joining a game, Ill just leave and try again so I can have another map. I just don't have fun playing it, unfortunately... I WANT to enjoy it (same with Death Star II), but I can never seem to.

So yup, that's my feedback :) The large, monstrosity it is :D
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Hoth
    Though, I have to say, the evening/night maps are by far the worst imo :P The lighting isn't great.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Theed
    Theed, then Crait
  • Yavin 4
    Yavin 4 all the way. Maps like Kashyyyk and Hoth are ridiculously long. At least in Yavin 4, you’re able to choose if you want to play in an open place or close quarters at every stage.

I think Yavin 4 is the prettiest map too. Forget Theed and Kashyyyk.
  • Yavin 4
    Pawl250 wrote: »
    Least Favourite Takodana, has anyone actually successfully defended the last stage?

Yes...and let me tell you, it is one of the funnest stages to defend when you can actually pull it off. We had a narrow loss there yesterday where my team got the enemy capturers down to 1 or less on several occasions.

I don't usually like it either but, on the occasion a good defense is mounted at the castle, it can be a blast.
  • Theed
    Thread Voting Update:

Crait: 6% with 11 votes

Overall Update:
    Most Favorite Map: Theed (36% with 60 votes)
    Least Favorite Map: Jakku (0% with 0 votes)

• Crait
  • Crait!
  • Theed
    like all maps
  • Starkiller Base
    Where is my Crait ?
  • Theed
    Thread Voting Update:

Crait: 8% with 14 votes

Overall Update:
    Most Favorite Map: Theed (37% with 64 votes)

• Lonnisity
    1965 posts Member
    Mos Eiseley
    Eisley all the way. You guys knocked that map out of the park. Hoth is my second choice.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Mos Eiseley
    Mos Espa!!!!! Cool watto easter egg
    Very cool

Watto vs Jabba? @Alan_Ackbar

I think they could become allies. Watto would be interested in Jabba’s fortune
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Kashyyyk
    Kashyyyk. Not the same map as HvV or Hero Showdown, has a fun ariel area for fighters, and goes through all major terrain-beaches, forests, shrubbery, buildings, and a cruiser. Would have said Theed, but we cannot hit G to open doors to buildings, and I would love to be able to get to the upper levels without an ariel.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Theed
    Kashyyk is by far the best map. Looks amazing, especially when the grass section is introduced. Its like Star Wars interpretation of the Normandy landing.

As for following maps, Theed, Hoth, Endor, Kamino, and Death Star II all amazing and play well. Crait isn't bad, but Leia can sometimes spoil the map with her charged shot.

Least Favourite Takodana, has anyone actually successfully defended the last stage? I do not mean to blow my own trumpet, but I am a pretty good player in the game and its impossible. So one sided. After the first stage it only gets harder to defend.

FROSTBITE ENGINE FTW.

Which is also a reason why we don’t get content drops often :(
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    So what Im gonna do is rank my favorite maps, and explain phase-by-phase what I like/dislike so I can give some (hopefully useful) feedback :)

1. Crait
    Phase 1 - I love phase 1 <3 I love the walker phases. Its flat, so it avoids the thing with Hoth where the Rebels have the high ground (which we all know to be OP ;) ). It accommodates a lot of different play styles, from sniping above ground, to CQC below ground. The objectives are well placed, meaning that the Resistance can get some shots in to hit the AT-M6, but for the First Order you have good opportunities to stop them. I love the graphics and how accurately it represents TLJ. As a slightly negative thing, its quite easy to get lost in the tunnels because many don't lead anywhere, but that's all I can think of.
    Phase 2 - Phase 2 is essentially a guaranteed First Order victory, but I don't mind that. If you have a good team, you can push them to overtime quite easily, and it means that the game lasts longer. I can't think of anything I dislike about the phase, but it isn't my favorite thing either.
    Phase 3 - I don't like Crait phase 3. Its very biased towards the Resistance. Unless you finish phase 2 with 90+ reinforcements, chances are the First Order will have no chance to succeed at all. Its mostly due to the amount that the doors close. Heroes can also make phase 3 suck for the FO. I think even 50% less door closing would still make the map balanced. It isn't IMPOSSIBLE as the First Order to win, but they have a tendency to lose there time after time.

2. Hoth
    Phase 1 - I really enjoy Phase 1 on Hoth. The Rebellion does have an easier time of things than the Empire, but like Crait it can accommodate a lot of different play styles, from sniping to CQC in the trenches. Every class has a part to play, and I love that. Its also such a beautiful map <3
    Phase 2 - It isn't my favorite phase, but I do enjoy it. It's very competitive, and can go either way. There are lots of entry points for the Empire, which kinda makes it varied, which imo is a good thing.
    Phase 3 - I don't like Hoth phase 3. Theoretically, the map would be great but the hero/enforcer spam makes me hate it. I don't even find it fun to play as a hero in this phase, but there are so many heroes that playing the objective is terrible and the standard infantry are limited in what they can do. The heroes definitely ruin this phase.

3. Theed
    Phase 1 - Again, I love Phase 1. Its so much fun :) Its less varied than Crait and Hoth, but still enjoyable. As a small improvement, I feel as if the first ion launcher on the right side (for the Republic) is always reached first by the Separatists, rather than at the same time which would be more fun, imo :)
    Phase 2 - Theoretically, I would hate Theed phase 2 - and I did for a start. I don't like the choke point gameplay (for either side), and I often find that heroes ruin things. The Wookie Warrior is seriously OP in this phase to the point where, when I use it, I genuinely feel sorry for the enemy team. Thermal imploder is crazy. Its quite difficult for the Separatists to push towards the objective, but very possible. Its ok.
    Phase 3 - Annndddd I really really really dislike Theed phase 3. Its just constant hero/enforcer spam in an enclosed area - not at all fun.

4. Starkiller Base
    Phase 1 - Fun for the First Order, not soooo much for the Resistance (but still fun). The objective to the right (for the Resistance) is nice and good to take, but the objective to the left is ridiculously biased towards the First Order. Two officers can just hide, place their turrets close to the objective and the Resistance can really stand no chance to take it most of the time. Add that to the speeders, and its not the best phase at all.
    Phase 2 - Its essentially a guaranteed Resistance win because of the map layout. Its fun to play as the Resistance, not at all as the FO because you can't really move/go anywhere. Enforcers are a little too strong, imo. Heroes are slightly more balanced in this phase. Not my favorite phase either.
    Phase 3 - most of the time, a guaranteed Resistance win. Its very easy for a LS hero to kill lots of First Order soldiers before they can even move to defend the objective, making it impossible to kill them in the process. I've always felt that Starkiller Base should have another phase tbh :/

5. Takodana
    Phase 1 - very competitive, quite balanced. I don't particularly enjoy it much because of the small area the battles take place in, but its pretty. I do feel that the no-go area for the Resistance should be taken back a few feet to the edge of the wall, just making it easier for the First Order to gain a good foothold - it can be very difficult for them to take.
    Phase 2 - I like Phase 2 a lot. Its fun. Heroes are strong, but not toooooo strong. Its suitable for quite a few different play styles. Yup, I like it :)
    Phase 3 - I really don't like Phase 3. First Order heroes/enforcers can run upstairs and keep the Resistance from trying to contest the objective. Far too many heroes and enforcers imo, if it was just troopers it wouldn't be too bad.

6. Kamino
    Phase 1 - The clones definitely have the advantage, but its possible for the droids to do well - they just need to complete it quickly, otherwise it can be a huuuuggeee drain on reinforcements. I feel as if it could be better, but eh.
    Phase 4 - Nope. I really don't like Phase 4, for either side. Hero, enforcer and heavy spam means that it can be impossible, even for a team that has been steamrolling the entire game, from getting anywhere close to the objective. There are too many clones/heroes/wookies in an enclosed space, and as much as you kill them... they just come back over and over and over again, and its INSANELY hard for the separatists to push forward. In my entire time playing Battlefront II, Ive only ever seen one successful Kamino phase 4.

7. Mos Eisley
    Phase 1 - Its quite difficult for the Empire, the Rebellion definitely has a clear advantage. I don't like it much, no matter what side Im playing for.
    Phase 2 - The balcony in one of the objective areas makes camping there veerrryyy common and it does ruin the phase for me a little tbh. Otherwise its ok.
    Phase 3 - Heroes like Palpatine, and lots of Enforcers mean that its far too easy to complete for the Empire, and I don't really have enough time to form an opinion on it because theres rarely any fighting. Its just... short, and over quickly, and veerryyy easy.

8. Kashyyyk
    Phase 1 - Its a good, fun, walker phase. Lots of variety in playstyles and environments also :)
    Phase 2 - Its just like... enforcer/hero dominated, I really don't like it at all. The enclosed spaces just aren't fun to fight in.

9. Jakku
    Phase 1 - I don't like the map layout in phase 1. The First Order reaches the right objective (for the Resistance - can't remember what its called) before the defenders, making it veerrryyy easy for them to capture one objective basically immediately. The second objective is quite difficult to take, but I just find the map layout the biggest downfall of the phase - even though it supports a few different playstyles.
    Phase 2 - I find it to be almost always a First Order victory. It can be hard for the Resistance to even get people to contest the objective at times.
    Phase 4 - Almost a guaranteed First Order victory with the number of enforcers/heroes.

10. Endor
    Phase 1 - Its... bad. Because of the positioning of the objectives, it can be hard for the Rebellion to complete all 3 objectives. The first two seem to go down without a problem (the indoors objective and the outdoors-left objective), but the third can be terrible because Empire is able to hide behind the platform base and kill people who try to take the objectives very easily.
    Phase 2 - Its the worst walker phase imo. Because it can start on less than 100 health, its the easiest to take down by far. Heroes are also pretty bad in this phase, and I don't like the map layout.
    Phase 3 - Its a guaranteed Rebellion victory, theres just no competition. The Empire can't really do anything to stop them, and it makes the phase pretty bad. Ive always felt there should be another phase after it tbh

11. Death Star II
    Overall, Death Star II is one of the worst maps in the game. Its lacking in variety, and is just a mainly CQC map. I also find every phase to be just a Rebellion victory in 90% of cases. Nothing else I can say :P

12. Yavin 4
    I just find it bad, like 100%. Ive never liked it, even from the first time I tried it. Its a pretty map, but I can't really think of anything else positive to say. Its just not for me, and if it appears as the next game I play/when Im joining a game, Ill just leave and try again so I can have another map. I just don't have fun playing it, unfortunately... I WANT to enjoy it (same with Death Star II), but I can never seem to.

How can your favorite map be Crait when you already said Hoth?

*Visible confusion*
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Theed

FROSTBITE ENGINE FTW.

1. Crait

2. Hoth

3. Theed

4. Starkiller Base

5. Takodana

6. Kamino

7. Mos Eisley

8. Kashyyyk

9. Jakku

10. Endor

11. Death Star II

12. Yavin 4

*Visible confusion*

Crait wasn't an option and so the 2nd fav was picked instead.
  • AzorAhai
    1381 posts Member
    Endor
    Empire176 wrote: »
    Yavin 4 is my favourite, it's the nicest looking map in my opinion

Yes indeed. I voted a little too quickly (for Endor). A couple of days later I realized that Yavin is actually my favorite. It's so well designed and has 4 phases. I'm a sucker for all the maps with vegetation (Takodana, Kashyyyk).
  • Theed

FROSTBITE ENGINE FTW.

1. Crait

2. Hoth

3. Theed

4. Starkiller Base

5. Takodana

6. Kamino

7. Mos Eisley

8. Kashyyyk

9. Jakku

10. Endor

11. Death Star II

12. Yavin 4

*Visible confusion*

Crait wasn't an option and so the 2nd fav was picked instead.

Understandable. Have a nice day!
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Mos Eiseley
    Bumping for the new players.
    Would also like to see Ben do more of these polls to get community feedback.
  • FriedPizza773
    1182 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Starkiller Base
    My most personal favorite so far is Starkiller Base. This map as the most elements that I really love: it is mountainous, the weather is snowy, it's in an important First Order's base, and there are two types of TIE Fighters docked as part of the map's scenery (I'm a big fan of TIE Fighters and its series). I also love the idea of dispatching TIE Fighters coming from the hatch in the lower part of the map, which really surprised me when spawning as one of the TIE Fighters for the first time, especially along with your wingman.

In addition, Starkiller Base is actually one of my most favorite place in the entire Star Wars galaxy--not only because of what I mentioned in my previous paragraph but it also has coniferous woods (not shown in the game). Why do the bad guys have such a beautiful place like this? And why such a beautiful place happens to be a superweapon? :sweat_smile:

Also, I would like to say that my other 4 favorite maps after Starkiller Base (starting from most to least) are Crait, Hoth, Endor, and Naboo.

By the way, I'm surprised to see that Starkiller Base has only a few votes, far less than most other maps. :frowning:

PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Theed
    I picked Theed, Naboo.
    Basically because of the beautiful structures and architecture. That it also includes the Clone Wars.
    My favorites all clone wars, Yavin 4, Hoth, Mos Eisley and sometimes Death Star II.

Image-1.jpg
    screen-shot-2012-02-18-at-21-08-26.png?w=300&h=127
    th?id=OIP.ziPWb4TeESi3e4NO7XWDVwHaDJ&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    Crait.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Theed
    Theed. Not even close really. Crait is awesome too though.
  • Sollust.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    Theed
    Kashyyyk. Not the same map as HvV or Hero Showdown, has a fun ariel area for fighters, and goes through all major terrain-beaches, forests, shrubbery, buildings, and a cruiser. Would have said Theed, but we cannot hit G to open doors to buildings, and I would love to be able to get to the upper levels without an ariel.

Technically is the same map, hvv is in the trees and you can see all of kashyyyk.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Theed
    Thread Voting Update:

Crait: 7% with 15 votes

Overall Update:
    Most Favorite Map: Theed (36% with 74 votes)

• Theed
    My most personal favorite so far is Starkiller Base. This map as the most elements that I really love: it is mountainous, the weather is snowy, it's in an important First Order's base, and there are two types of TIE Fighters docked as part of the map's scenery (I'm a big fan of TIE Fighters and its series). I also love the idea of dispatching TIE Fighters coming from the hatch in the lower part of the map, which really surprised me when spawning as one of the TIE Fighters for the first time, especially along with your wingman.

In addition, Starkiller Base is actually one of my most favorite place in the entire Star Wars galaxy--not only because of what I mentioned in my previous paragraph but it also has coniferous woods (not shown in the game). Why do the bad guys have such a beautiful place like this? And why such a beautiful place happens to be a superweapon? :sweat_smile:

Also, I would like to say that my other 4 favorite maps after Starkiller Base (starting from most to least) are Crait, Hoth, Endor, and Naboo.

By the way, I'm surprised to see that Starkiller Base has only a few votes, far less than most other maps. :frowning:

The woods should be a HvV map! With destructable trees and all!
  • Theed
    Theed by far is the best map it's amazing from start to finish!
  • Starkiller Base

The woods should be a HvV map! With destructable trees and all!

That's an awesome idea! It would've be a scene similar to a duel between Rey and Kylo from TFA. :smiley:
    PSN: FriedPizza773