criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

10 Battlefront 2015 Maps That We Need in BFII

There are a lot of great maps in BF2015, and I know that there are certain challenges with porting maps over from the first game (both technically, and logistically), but that shouldn't stop the team from adding these back into the mix. Not all at once, but if we could get 1-2 of these every content drop, I think lots of fans would be ecstatic

These 10 maps would work great with Galactic Assault / Conquest / Strike / Starfighter Assault.
Tatooine - Jundland Wastes (GA/CQ)
Hoth - Outpost Beta (GA/CQ)
Endor - Forest Moon (GA/CQ)
Sullust - Sorosuub Centroplex (GA/CQ)
Jakku - Graveyard of Giants (GA/CQ)
Bespin - Cloud City (GA/CQ)
Bespin - Carbon Freezing Chambers (STRIKE)
Scarif - Landing Pad/Beach/Jungle (GA/CQ)
Death Star - Trench Run (SA)
Jabbas Palace Garage - (STRIKE)

I would've included Scarif Shield Gate but I'd like to see it reworked for Starfighter Assault, not ported over. I think that by using Fondor as a starting point, the team can create a really cool new version of Shield Gate. There's a ton of maps we would all like to see (there's a good solid 10 maps from the Battlefront Campaign that should be tweaked and added to the multiplayer /Arcade as well). And of course new content from the Prequel and Sequel Eras is key. New maps, heroes, vehicles... We need more and a lot of it. Here's to hoping that at least some of these make a comeback.

Replies

• il96
    519 posts Member
    Sooo all the Big maps
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Versatti
    1984 posts Member
    Yes! Add them all.
  • JackTHorn
    3601 posts Member
    Several of those would also be great for Extraction... and Strike desperately needs some love.
  • ross42899
    1465 posts Member
    For SA they should definitely add Death Star Trench run and the Scarif Shield Gate (slightly reworked to match the movie a bit more). SA needs more maps in general and both battles would be a great addition.

For small maps/modes I'm wishing for Bespin Carbon Freeze chamber (as it's a very iconic SW location), Scarif beach, Sullust SoroSuub pipelines [for extraction too] and Endor Swamp Crash scene (just love this map from BF2015). [Wouldn't mind Sulfur Fields and Hoth Ice caves either].

For large maps I would love to see Sullust, Jakku, and Scarif WA maps at one point. Bespin and Endor WA would ne nice too.
  • mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    It's true, add all of them. Way too beautiful just to fade away
  • Techkiddz
    649 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Pretty sure DICE said they dont plan on adding any more 2015 maps.
  • Would love it if they found a way to bring back Survivors of Endor. That map was just great.

Z7KWJlk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • No more SWBF I maps added to SWBF II so if you want to play Sullust or Scarif you need to play SWBF I. Too bad as there were some excellent maps from SWBF I like the Sullust Extraction and WA maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • No more SWBF I maps added to SWBF II so if you want to play Sullust or Scarif you need to play SWBF I. Too bad as there were some excellent maps from SWBF I like the Sullust Extraction and WA maps.

Getting that from somewhere or just guessing?

Pessimism runs rampant these days...

I'd love to play on some of the SWBF I maps the OP listed with you guys and I'm not trying to be pessimistic. If you did not see it this is where I'm getting it from:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/75074/twitter-and-other-news-regarding-bfii-2-0/p81

Scroll down on page 80 and you'll see Ben's comment about adding SWBF 2015 maps and unfortunately, at this time, it does not look like we will be seeing anymore SWBF I maps in SWBF II.

"We'll see. No plans right now, but we're looking at all options and investigating many things. When we talked about BF2015 maps recently the community went into uproar."

According to Ben the uproar was negative. Yes the response understandably was new content over old but if you ask players if they want to play GA, HvV, Extraction or any of the other modes, on either Jakku or Sullust, from what I've seen and read it looks like the choice would be for Sullust over Jakku. Nobody likes Jakku. These are the downstream effects of what happens when a company makes mistakes on pay to play and progression at launch. Everything that was originally planned and scheduled to be released is put on hold and or pushed back to correct the mistakes made at launch. Plus you add the time and effort that went into a temp mode like JPC and it gets really bad. (Is anyone playing JPC?)
    I hope DICE has some great new maps planned for us because if we get the likes of Jakku or Takodana maps then not many people are going to be happy waiting months for those types of maps when we could have been playing GA, Extraction, HvV, Blast or Strike on maps like Sullust or Scarif. I'd like to see a twilight Sullust map so it would be a somewhat new map but unfortunately I don't see it happening based on Ben's comments.

#StarWars-y
  • Alex64
    6712 posts Member
    3 versions of Scarifx3 and a Extraction map inside the Scarif Vault
    E sono una imbranata
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    You forgot Sorosuub Refinery
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Any and all Sullust maps.
    Here are some modes that could fit on each map.

SoroSuub Refinery for Extraction, HvV, Jump Pack Cargo, Hero Showdown, or Blast.
    AT-AT Hanger or Imperial Hanger for Blast, HvV, or Hero Showdown.
    SoroSuub Centroplex for Galactic Assault, maybe Strike, or Hero Ship Showdown.
    Sulfur Fields for Blast, HvV, Jump Pack Cargo, or Hero Showdown.
    SoroSuub Pipeline for Extraction, Blast, Jump Pack Cargo, HvV, or Hero Showdown.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    You forgot Sorosuub Refinery

I loved that map, especially for Heroes vs Villains.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Honestly if they just added all the big maps I think people would be happy. Honestly I think the whole backlash in the first part of the Solo season hurt our chances of getting the other 2015 maps, unfortunately. Maybe we'll get some of them Spring next year, by which point we should have a decent amount of content? I think the main reason for the backlash was that we got a recycled map for three small modes, after like 6 months of waiting and no big maps since Crait. If they released like 5 recycled maps at once, maybe did a vote of which map(s) we'd like back that pops up in the menu of the game to figure out community favourites then people won't mind, I know a lot of people, would be happy actually.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • C3POR2D2BB8
    631 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Bespin, Hoth Outspot Beta, Forest Moon of Endor, Sullust, Jakku and Jundland, bring these maps back and add them to the Conquest.

The community is asking
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD