criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anyone else enjoying GA without the 2x multiplier?

I kind of like that the maps aren't overrun with heroes and enforcers all the time. Heroes seem to mean a lot more now. You have to work a little harder to earn them. It's not a given that there are eight of them in play in the last phase.

Also it's nice to have Palps off the battlefield. I hope they can make him a little more balanced when they bring him back. Seems like needing to aim his lightning would be a good place to start.

Replies

• I kind of like that the maps aren't overrun with heroes and enforcers all the time. Heroes seem to mean a lot more now. You have to work a little harder to earn them. It's not a given that there are eight of them in play in the last phase.

Also it's nice to have Palps off the battlefield. I hope they can make him a little more balanced when they bring him back. Seems like needing to aim his lightning would be a good place to start.

I don't mind the way the game plays without the multiplier, but I think it makes the officers battle point advantage more glaring.
  • It should have the multiplier active ONLY if you're near your entire squad. If all 4 are together it adds up to x2, but removes 25% of the multiplier if one runs off. That way team play would be encouraged even for the people too focused on their own need for a better unit.
    Yavin IV and Endor would be fun then
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    It should have the multiplier active ONLY if you're near your entire squad. If all 4 are together it adds up to x2, but removes 25% of the multiplier if one runs off. That way team play would be encouraged even for the people too focused on their own need for a better unit.

What if you're teammates die or you're the only one that spawns in?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I haven't even noticed
    Still get a couple of heros a match if i want
    Prefer deathtrooper i normally save up for 2 or 3 and then play them out till end of game
  • Part of it seems like people are less scared of dying so they push objectives more. But that might have just been me getting lucky with the teams I was on last night.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I agree, it feels like it's more of an achievement to get a special unit/hero but also that I guess people aren't as afraid to die because they won't lose a multiplier? Sort of. I quite like it.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • It just makes vehicles pointless since vehicles were gateways to farming BP but now they gain BP less than troooper rate, so they are the worst especially with ion torpedo buff.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • It should have the multiplier active ONLY if you're near your entire squad. If all 4 are together it adds up to x2, but removes 25% of the multiplier if one runs off. That way team play would be encouraged even for the people too focused on their own need for a better unit.

Like! Must implement
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • WhiteMaceWindu69
    507 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hate it! I like playing as heroes mainly. Just get less now. I have stopped playing due to this and waiting for new content though so guess its not affecting me at the moment.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • JackTHorn
    3564 posts Member
    Hm. I might have to try it. I used to love GA, but haven't played it at all in the last couple months because of the hero spam. If there are fewer heroes, the mode might be worth playing again...
  • It just makes vehicles pointless since vehicles were gateways to farming BP but now they gain BP less than troooper rate, so they are the worst especially with ion torpedo buff.

that's a positive. vehicles have been cancer for this game since day 1
  • I’m enjoying it, now even less competition for sub 2 min heroes, keep it I say
  • I am not enjoying it.
    Some games, that are already lopsided, will be even more lopsided when one team can't fill all four hero slots the last phase.
    In the past, anything could happen last phase if you got 4 good heroes to rally the losing team.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Hm. I might have to try it. I used to love GA, but haven't played it at all in the last couple months because of the hero spam. If there are fewer heroes, the mode might be worth playing again...

Ooh. I'll have to try it out now, too. I always hated the Hero spam in the final phase as well.
  • Hate it! I like playing as heroes mainly. Just get less now. I have stopped playing due to this and waiting for new content though so guess its not affecting me at the moment.

Whatever you officer scum
  • tommytom64
    1074 posts Member
    Yeah lol, I like it glitched as well! I wish everyone was on an equal playing field for battle points rather than having all these "boosters."
    Yavin IV and Endor would be fun then

I've had matches on Endor where my squad didn't die at all in phase 1 and we captured each objective. Super satisfying.
  • I die a lot, so it probably helps me! A bit.