criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This Is Why You Don't Allow Players To Go To Areas Where Others Can't Go In HvV

It's been about an hour of this map Bespin now, and it's not even the first time tonight. This has got to stop. The players that can't jump high can't get there then no one should and should be out of bounds. Especially when players on the same team decide to join them and delay the match. The only reason I stayed is because pop count has died down so much it takes almost an hour to get a match going anymore on Xbox Live for HvV, and I live in a highly populated area. And quitting causes that glitch of black screen. So I'm stuck in this match until someone "chooses" to die.


https://xboxclips.com/Sgt+Fergus/3cb7a7f3-1d36-4fde-b2fc-b564cd2ad75f

Replies

  • Devlin21
    8227 posts Member
    Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • jonci
    704 posts Member
    If you do get up to attack them they generally push you off so rinse repeat and no progress.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
    Rebel against EOR MM in the hope it gets removed.
  • camerog
    140 posts Member
    I've been the one up there and have been pushed off. It can work both ways. I don't have an issue with this as if you're going against a team of all blaster heroes its not like they can't respawn as a force user and get up there to take you out.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.

    except that everyone that was, was intentionally delaying the game
    jonci wrote: »
    If you do get up to attack them they generally push you off so rinse repeat and no progress.


    Exactly. All the people were using force users so i couldn't i tried han and anyone i could throw explosives up there. they sat up there for nearly an hour.
    camerog wrote: »
    I've been the one up there and have been pushed off. It can work both ways. I don't have an issue with this as if you're going against a team of all blaster heroes its not like they can't respawn as a force user and get up there to take you out.

    you are okay with cheating then. I had no way to get up. You don't get it, the 3 players on my team, luke, rey and yoda, were either taking part in this or couldn't figure out how to get up, and even when i did get yoda he would get pushed off the second you could even jump close because rey n luke were telling the enemy where i was. so no, this is not justified this is straight up broken and needs to be fixed. you face them like a man with saber uses not hide like a *****.
  • camerog
    140 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.

    except that everyone that was, was intentionally delaying the game
    jonci wrote: »
    If you do get up to attack them they generally push you off so rinse repeat and no progress.


    Exactly. All the people were using force users so i couldn't i tried han and anyone i could throw explosives up there. they sat up there for nearly an hour.

    So the were delaying it intentionally. I've seen this too. Is this to allow everyone to get more kills/XP and just bloat their score?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    camerog wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.

    except that everyone that was, was intentionally delaying the game
    jonci wrote: »
    If you do get up to attack them they generally push you off so rinse repeat and no progress.


    Exactly. All the people were using force users so i couldn't i tried han and anyone i could throw explosives up there. they sat up there for nearly an hour.

    So the were delaying it intentionally. I've seen this too. Is this to allow everyone to get more kills/XP and just bloat their score?

    quiet possibly since HvV gives the most credits per minute. I left after that match, most likely they been doing this for several matches, several players on one team messaged the other team, successfully got through to them about boost, and then joined in on it. That's my best guess but this was so stupid. i just wanted to do my challenges, and quitting is broken because you get stuck in that black screen when you leave sometimes and how long it takes to get a match going. It finally took someone on the other team not doing this and to figure out finally to jump up and get them but all the good characters were taken, rey and luke on heroes and maul and boba. the guy on my team was switching on and off yoda and han trying to get up there but you can't when they go "yo, one of my teammates is trying to gewt up on the west side, wait til he jumps up because when he is in a jump he can't use force push, gets to the height to climb up, and push" This wasn't even the first match i seen this, there were other players on other maps doing this. all this so they can get credits to buy the new heroes i guess, either way they need to suck it up and just play the game and not boost and ruin the entire match.

    what sucks is if they are intentionally doing this to cheat to boost their credits, there is no point in reporting. Dice said report cheaters to xbox, i called xbox to see how they handle cheating and they say they leave it up to the individual companies to monitor their game and only focus on people trying to hack xbox hardware and scamming and stuff, they don't focus on individual games because they believe the companies are suppose to be handling that. there are too many reports in general they get so they tell people to "contact the devs directly" but the devs say report on xbox live. and infinite circle that doesn't resolve cheating. I reported an exploit cheat back in the early days of SWBF2 about this where people were LAAT farming and racking up about 30,000BP a match and playing heroes all match and xbox enforcement was like "oh we let the devs handle addressing cheaters in the game" but dice says "report them on xbox live for xbox enforcement to handle" so therefore no one is addressing cheating on xbox at least as far as I know. And since people are doing this, it must mean they are getting a lot of points. either that or they are just intentionally screwing around and trying to annoy everyone else in the match to get them to quit. either way, dice needs to fix this.
  • I once went up as Boba Fett when the game was playing rubbish.

    Every player was smashing you in a couple of seconds no matter what hero or tactics you used and in return my hits and powers did nothing to them. Stayed on top and watched for over 10mins while 3 of my team tried and failed to kill our target while the other 3 failed to kill me.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    LuckySDM wrote: »
    I once went up as Boba Fett when the game was playing rubbish.

    Every player was smashing you in a couple of seconds no matter what hero or tactics you used and in return my hits and powers did nothing to them. Stayed on top and watched for over 10mins while 3 of my team tried and failed to kill our target while the other 3 failed to kill me.

    ya this needs to get fixed. I wouldn't be so bothered if it was a spot where we could still see and shoot Boba but for it to be a spot completely out of site and they can stay up there all day is rather ****. Even if no one was helping him, you can jump from that spot all the way to the Lambda shuttle with the jetpack and run back and forth and if needed go all the way to the Slave 1. So it's rather **** to allow him to hide like that.

    I can't wait for the DLC characters to Come because once they do, there is no way they can hide as ani and obi can also high jump and so can count dooku and grevious. That might get rid of this **** hiding. But we really need a jetpack hero to counter boba like Maz Kanata or Sabine Wren
  • KresusFIN
    1449 posts Member
    Sabine, or Bo-Katan for the heroes would be a neat addition.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Sabine, or Bo-Katan for the heroes would be a neat addition.

    indeed it would be
  • I have Luke and Darth Maul maxed out with all their cards purple and as both, I have been knocked off. Its really not that hard. You get on the pillar and before you jump again to get to the top, you tap the jump button and Force Push or Force Pull (as Kylo Ren) and USUALLY, they dont get you because you didnt fully jump to get to the higher ground. Thats what they are expecting. Me personally, I like doing the Pull because chances are, they are going to fall off the side and die. If Fett is up there, be someone like Leia, Han, or Lando, and just shoot him off.
    0gypubfypdjr.jpg


    The_Cloaked_One
  • Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.

    I've got up there with yoda b4
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Landoluv wrote: »
    Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.

    I've got up there with yoda b4

    even if you could jump up there, they'd push you off before you would ever have a chance. it's not balanced.
    I have Luke and Darth Maul maxed out with all their cards purple and as both, I have been knocked off. Its really not that hard. You get on the pillar and before you jump again to get to the top, you tap the jump button and Force Push or Force Pull (as Kylo Ren) and USUALLY, they dont get you because you didnt fully jump to get to the higher ground. Thats what they are expecting. Me personally, I like doing the Pull because chances are, they are going to fall off the side and die. If Fett is up there, be someone like Leia, Han, or Lando, and just shoot him off.

    You weren't watching the clip, the guy playing as luke and rey where both helping them spot us so that we couldn't get up. even if they werent, they were playing as the only 2 high jumpers in the game. that guy playing han was mostly playing yoda and was getting knocked down every time he tried so he tried so we tried spotting with lando and detonator charge with han. Before you can make the first jump and land up on the ledge as yoda they'd push you off. luke n rey and boba and maul were all working together. Please pay attention before just making claims you don't know what you are talking about.

    This needs to get fixed, plain and simple. This not up for discussion on debating whether it should stay or not in HvV, it's more of, how soon will dice remove these out of spot areas where not everyone can get to and players can hide and delay the game and even boost.
  • KresusFIN
    1449 posts Member
    Probably will get sorted at some point. They fixed Takodana and I believe Old Tatooine(Open map houses edition rather than the Jabba's Palace garbage) so Boba can't fly up to the unreachable areas anymore.

    I don't mind "unreachable" areas with Boba, or the Jedi, but I do feel there should always be somewhere where you have a line of fire to said locations. Nowhere is truly safe on the battlefront.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Devlin21
    8227 posts Member
    They should open the window up from the inside like bf15.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Probably will get sorted at some point. They fixed Takodana and I believe Old Tatooine(Open map houses edition rather than the Jabba's Palace garbage) so Boba can't fly up to the unreachable areas anymore.

    I don't mind "unreachable" areas with Boba, or the Jedi, but I do feel there should always be somewhere where you have a line of fire to said locations. Nowhere is truly safe on the battlefront.

    thats what i said in the beginning that as long as i can shoot you, then its fine but out of site like Bespin is ****.
    They should open the window up from the inside like bf15.

    that would be perfect
  • Earlier on Hoth there was a boba flying into a little cave above the main corridor which was unreachable and the match dragged on. Weak players use these cheap strategies and if you're one of these players you're honestly ruining the mode and wasting people's time. It's why people are calling for TDM to replace it and I'm beginning to agree with them.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Earlier on Hoth there was a boba flying into a little cave above the main corridor which was unreachable and the match dragged on. Weak players use these cheap strategies and if you're one of these players you're honestly ruining the mode and wasting people's time. It's why people are calling for TDM to replace it and I'm beginning to agree with them.

    I remember that spot. I also remember the spot on Naboo in HvV for Boba to get out of map. I loved how people tried to defend going through walls was legit, and when I mean "love", I mean love like Lucille meeting Glenn's face "love". They were like "it's not that hard, just get a ranged hero and wait for him to peak out" Like seriously, how can people be that stupid to defend a glitch spot.
  • KresusFIN
    1449 posts Member
    One effective counter against runners and folks hiding would be to gradually decrease either speed, or HP, or both. Until eventually both move and sprint the same speed as a normal Assault class, and have 100 - 150 HP left. At which point they'd die from literally anything. Or even outright kill them after a hidden timer expires, with no point granted to either team / one point removed from both teams if it comes to that.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    One effective counter against runners and folks hiding would be to gradually decrease either speed, or HP, or both. Until eventually both move and sprint the same speed as a normal Assault class, and have 100 - 150 HP left. At which point they'd die from literally anything. Or even outright kill them after a hidden timer expires, with no point granted to either team / one point removed from both teams if it comes to that.

    i think either just putting a timer up there or even opening the windows would resolve this issue much more effectively
  • Some youtube who shows off a lot of SWBF3 posted a video about it saying he is considering deleting the game it was that bad just hiding up there

  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.

    except that everyone that was, was intentionally delaying the game
    jonci wrote: »
    If you do get up to attack them they generally push you off so rinse repeat and no progress.


    Exactly. All the people were using force users so i couldn't i tried han and anyone i could throw explosives up there. they sat up there for nearly an hour.
    camerog wrote: »
    I've been the one up there and have been pushed off. It can work both ways. I don't have an issue with this as if you're going against a team of all blaster heroes its not like they can't respawn as a force user and get up there to take you out.

    you are okay with cheating then. I had no way to get up. You don't get it, the 3 players on my team, luke, rey and yoda, were either taking part in this or couldn't figure out how to get up, and even when i did get yoda he would get pushed off the second you could even jump close because rey n luke were telling the enemy where i was. so no, this is not justified this is straight up broken and needs to be fixed. you face them like a man with saber uses not hide like a *****.

    Or maybe you have to start learning how you can deal with it, because it is not because you cant defend yourself the problems i see here is that you don't know how to be smart and fight back smart...
  • Areas like that should just start the out of bounds timer and kill you if you stay. Don't know how easy that'd be to program.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    It's been about an hour of this map Bespin now, and it's not even the first time tonight. This has got to stop. The players that can't jump high can't get there then no one should and should be out of bounds. Especially when players on the same team decide to join them and delay the match. The only reason I stayed is because pop count has died down so much it takes almost an hour to get a match going anymore on Xbox Live for HvV, and I live in a highly populated area. And quitting causes that glitch of black screen. So I'm stuck in this match until someone "chooses" to die.


    https://xboxclips.com/Sgt+Fergus/3cb7a7f3-1d36-4fde-b2fc-b564cd2ad75f

    happened to me same thing last night on Xbox. A guy was hiding there with Kylo Ren and taunting "cowards", when was not Kylo was Boba going up there.

    HvV became a "Game of Noobs". Only when there are veterans with maxed cards in both teams they go for the kill even when they are targets, at least is what I do.

    We need a "Time Limit" to kill the target to force people to play instead of hide.
  • I've never had an issue with people that get up there... Not hard to get kill them...
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    DK_Bastian wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Anyone force user except vader and yoda can get up there.

    except that everyone that was, was intentionally delaying the game
    jonci wrote: »
    If you do get up to attack them they generally push you off so rinse repeat and no progress.


    Exactly. All the people were using force users so i couldn't i tried han and anyone i could throw explosives up there. they sat up there for nearly an hour.
    camerog wrote: »
    I've been the one up there and have been pushed off. It can work both ways. I don't have an issue with this as if you're going against a team of all blaster heroes its not like they can't respawn as a force user and get up there to take you out.

    you are okay with cheating then. I had no way to get up. You don't get it, the 3 players on my team, luke, rey and yoda, were either taking part in this or couldn't figure out how to get up, and even when i did get yoda he would get pushed off the second you could even jump close because rey n luke were telling the enemy where i was. so no, this is not justified this is straight up broken and needs to be fixed. you face them like a man with saber uses not hide like a *****.

    Or maybe you have to start learning how you can deal with it, because it is not because you cant defend yourself the problems i see here is that you don't know how to be smart and fight back smart...

    dude really you need to stop trolling and leave. They are hiding outside the map play area were certain heroes can't get to them and the heroes that can were helping them boost. So quit these dumb comments you are making. But then again, those that defend this are the ones abusing this so we know what type of person you are.
  • I've never had an issue with people that get up there... Not hard to get kill them...

    you can get up there with han? dont say "No use rey or luke etc" because then i know you didn't read as the 2 players playing as them where up there helping them,
  • Sorry Sgt_Fergus but until your boosting scenario becomes common the argument you are making is an edge case...

    "what if something happens .01% of time" questions are generally a waste of effort.

    That said, I generally agree boba fett like abuses just show poor map design and play testing. I was in a match on cloud city where boba would go into some inside wall room we couldn't get to at all (sometimes above but also below us). On Endor he would just float around the outide of the map on everything tall. AND for some reason Boba is selected as the target 50% of the time.

    They really should give light side Jango Fett so both teams can cheese it up and kill another game mode. If they aren't going to fix it.

    imo invisible walls should be placed near the edges to at least the characters are within sight/shooting range.
  • camerog
    140 posts Member
    TwinSp1re wrote: »
    Sorry Sgt_Fergus but until your boosting scenario becomes common the argument you are making is an edge case...

    "what if something happens .01% of time" questions are generally a waste of effort.

    That said, I generally agree boba fett like abuses just show poor map design and play testing. I was in a match on cloud city where boba would go into some inside wall room we couldn't get to at all (sometimes above but also below us). On Endor he would just float around the outide of the map on everything tall. AND for some reason Boba is selected as the target 50% of the time.

    They really should give light side Jango Fett so both teams can cheese it up and kill another game mode. If they aren't going to fix it.

    imo invisible walls should be placed near the edges to at least the characters are within sight/shooting range.

    I disagree.. His video shows that the players who were Luke and Rey were assisting boba and Maul on the roof. So as a player who can't spawn in and get up there you're trapped i na never ending game where the other players don't want it to end and are just trying to inflate their scores.
  • TwinSp1re wrote: »
    Sorry Sgt_Fergus but until your boosting scenario becomes common the argument you are making is an edge case...

    "what if something happens .01% of time" questions are generally a waste of effort.

    That said, I generally agree boba fett like abuses just show poor map design and play testing. I was in a match on cloud city where boba would go into some inside wall room we couldn't get to at all (sometimes above but also below us). On Endor he would just float around the outide of the map on everything tall. AND for some reason Boba is selected as the target 50% of the time.

    They really should give light side Jango Fett so both teams can cheese it up and kill another game mode. If they aren't going to fix it.

    imo invisible walls should be placed near the edges to at least the characters are within sight/shooting range.

    As you what camerog, which is correct. it's already common on that map as i literally just linked another video. A major Battlefront 2 youtuber got so tired of it that he made time to record, download then upload to Youtube entire video and said he is considering quitting Battlefront 2 if issue isn't address. There are a lot in HvV that hate this. DICE has several times have to nerf locations because of this stuff. people doing LFG boosting. Devs need us to point out out the cheating boosting spots so they can nerf it. either they make the windows gone or softkill the roof. I prefer softkill as it removes the roof from being permanent locations where some characters can't even get to. So top with the high horse act, it's clearly annoying people on HvV, its just on a DLC map so it's not seen as often but the more people keep doing this, more people are starting to notice how annoying and irritating it is. Just like the other spots mentioned, DICE fixed those like Hoth and Naboo Boba hide-away spots, this will be the same.

    Even if it was a 1 time thing, which it's not, DICE is going to realize it when they get notified and they are going to address it because to give an unfair advantage they know will make people lose interest in playing. It's not the first tiem I have heard people try to use such a lame argument before. If you were one of the people back when i was originally here you will remember I exposed peopple using the LAAT spawn killing exploit and the cheaters that used it on the forums tried the whole. "Oh its a small chance someone will use ATT to spawn kill LAAT to boost points on Kashyyyk, DICE will do nothing so suck it Sgt Fergus" *I make video exposing exploit and get it viewed by Devs. Few patches later, LAAT spawning now randomized locations and points severely reduced so people can't get 30,000 BP in first minute of game in AAT spawn killing LAAT* "you were saying?" Don't believe me, youtube "Cheater Caught Spawn Killing Exploit on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Patched)" Can't link you video because forum wise I can't name and shame even thought name is blurred out because a friend of the cheater, who was also abusing the glitch gave out his name and tried justifying spawn killing. Clearly DICE disagrees with them ruining the experience for other players.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!