criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lightsaber on/off button makes me feel like a ninja

Billkwando
1223 posts Member
edited July 2018
When I first heard people were asking for it, it seemed like an odd request. Now I can't stop using it! I'm always trying to sneak up on people now.

Also with Luke, I inexplicably enjoy running on railings like I'm Ranma Saotome or something.

Ranmagif2.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

:D :D :D
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.

Replies

• Royazeee
    239 posts Member
    Yaaa...
    Night maps are stealth haven from now on!
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    Haha I love it. It was an awesome addition.
  • Swoop
    89 posts Member
    Instead of emoting after a good kill in HVV I'll just turn my light Saber off for an even better effect. Sometimes if I'm Maul I can emote and turn my lightsaber off which results in a cool glitch where I'm emoting with only one blade ignited.
  • Ciena_Ree
    906 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Foodisgood wrote: »
    Wait there's an off button? Why am i just now learning this!

There is indeed. It’s Y for Xbox, and Triangle(?) for PS4. Or whatever the top button of the four on the pad is, I forget, haven’t played PlayStation in years. You gotta hold down the button, and it turns off, do the same to reignite.
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Foodisgood wrote: »
    Wait there's an off button? Why am i just now learning this!

There is indeed. It’s Y for Xbox, and Triangle(?) for PS4. Or whatever the top button of the four on the pad is, I forget, haven’t played PlayStation in years. You gotta hold down the button, and it turns off, do the same to reignite.

Thank you! It's now time to start becoming a night ninja!
  • I like it but it's just awkward to see them handling the turned-off lightsaber as if it was still on. It bugs me. Oh well. A problem to fix in the sequel. :)
  • You sneaky devil, lmao
  • I like it but it's just awkward to see them handling the turned-off lightsaber as if it was still on. It bugs me. Oh well. A problem to fix in the sequel. :)

It bugs me a little, but not enough not to use it! ;)

I'm hoping they can recycle some animation frames to give them some more natural stances (holding the lightsaber in one hand), so hopefully it won't have to wait until the sequel, but you're probably right.

@Techkiddz I try! ;) :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Fevee
    220 posts Member
    Swoop wrote: »
    Instead of emoting after a good kill in HVV I'll just turn my light Saber off for an even better effect. Sometimes if I'm Maul I can emote and turn my lightsaber off which results in a cool glitch where I'm emoting with only one blade ignited.

Yes, I feel like that's a decent emote, in itself. The simple deactivation of the saber to signify that the battle is over.

I just wish saber deactivation offered a more relaxed stance, instead of just I'm-going-to-position-myself-as-though-I'm-still-holding-an-ignited-saber.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Swoop wrote: »

It'll be even more enraging when they dont know how to do that.
    I like it but it's just awkward to see them handling the turned-off lightsaber as if it was still on. It bugs me. Oh well. A problem to fix in the sequel. :)

They didnt fix in bf15, definitely not gonna do it now.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif