criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Iden's Secondary Fire should do less damage to heroes.

Prev1
Empire_TW
5014 posts Member
Considering how it can ignore a saber block, has a very large area of effect, and how fast it can be fired with the alternative methods card I think Iden's secondary fire should do less damage to heroes.
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
p0glkjvppdfa.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Well done.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Clone201
    3563 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't find it's splash damage as much a problem more than how quickly it is literally spammed. It cools way too quick sans AM card.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    Nah. Iden isn't that great. 9/10... saber hero vs iden... saber hero wins.
  • rollind24
    5015 posts Member
    Not a fan. Don’t stand there and block it
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • xjippyx
    153 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »

Nah

Stun and domies!
    If needed,
    Roll roll, another stun and more domies!
  • Iden has the best chance against luke and rey. I think yoda would 100% kill her since he can block the secondary and benefits health.
  • Defbored wrote: »

She's actually really great.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Iden IS good. Considering how situational her pulse cannon is, I am of the opinion that her secondary fire should be quick. It requires a good amount of skill to use her properly IMO
    PSN: computerson
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    Good luck using Iden to get past Yoda in Phase 2 Theed.

Also for the sake of balance, everytime a villain gets nerfed then a hero should also get one. So Chewbacca's bowcaster can go through blocks, less damage against heroes then?

Well nothing is getting past phase 2 of Theed if the WW are decent, Yoda being there is just a plus for them. Until something is done with villains as a whole Chewie is best the way he is.

Iden is great, Jedi are nothing against me with her. This thread was made because they are too easy to kill.
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Not a fan. Don’t stand there and block it

Given the current state of HvV that isn't always an option.

p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Iden is fine. Her secondary fire is fine. Stop with the nerf threads.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    The Dark Side just has so many abilities that the Light Side can't compete with at all. I don't understand how people continue to defend it. I suppose it makes sense, however, as there are a large number of people who only play as the Dark Side and then quit as the Light Side. Perhaps they want their overpowered crutches to remain intact.
    The lightside and darkside can both be OP in their own ways. When was the last time you went against a darkside enforcer with over 900 HP?
    7xc5zl9pafgo.png
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    The Dark Side just has so many abilities that the Light Side can't compete with at all. I don't understand how people continue to defend it. I suppose it makes sense, however, as there are a large number of people who only play as the Dark Side and then quit as the Light Side. Perhaps they want their overpowered crutches to remain intact.
    The lightside and darkside can both be OP in their own ways. When was the last time you went against a darkside enforcer with over 900 HP?
    I'm very obviously talking about HvV.

And I've stated many times that enforcers should not be so strong, specifically against heroes.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • If you think Iden isn’t OP then chances are you’re not a very good player.
  • TheScape
    1884 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Iden is fine. Her secondary fire is fine. Stop with the nerf threads.

I'd love to know why it's acceptable for Iden to have three skill-less, amazing abilities, with the shortest cool downs in the game.

Stun Droid requires no skill and is quite often a death sentence for the affected. Iden's shield blocks pretty much everything but lightsabers. It can be used right before or right after Stun Droid, which can give her a big advantage attacking blasters, or help her to get away from them. With Droid Batteries, the cool downs are ridiculously fast.

Secondary Fire has a very large AoE and can land hits from virtually anywhere on the map. It can be fired over and over again, and is practically a guaranteed 150 damage to a blocking lightsaber. Han's Detonite only does 50 more base damage. Imagine if he could keep throwing it at you every two seconds. Leia's secondary does less damage and has a much smaller AoE.

Let's not forget that Iden's blaster is another extremely powerful weapon at her disposal. Powerful enough to kill a full-health hero within Stun Droid's stun.

You have an Iden main and Iden supporter telling you secondary needs to be nerfed. Maybe, just maybe, he's right.

Oh, and don't bother telling me about Pulse Cannon. Everything else she has is so strong that she deserves a weak ability like this. Even still, there are less-useful abilities out there.

I wouldn't call them skill-less. A good player can avoid the droid with a well-timed dodge and if it tries to track someone it goes on cooldown (I've seen that against me). The shield has a set amount of HP and if you trigger anything it goes away. That means that you are exposed once you use the droid's shock (which takes a couple of seconds to try to stun someone). Bad timing on any of these two abilities and you are most likely dead.

To avoid any confusion, I am not saying it isn't powerful. I am saying that skill-less players will not get the full potential of these abilities and will be easily killed (I've killed many bad Iden players as a bunch of different heroes).
    Post edited by TheScape on
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • She's great, but not deserving a nerf.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Iden IS good. Considering how situational her pulse cannon is, I am of the opinion that her secondary fire should be quick. It requires a good amount of skill to use her properly IMO

Not much skill to point and repeatedly spam big blue balls.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• lerodemmy wrote: »

And I've stated many times that enforcers should not be so strong, specifically against heroes.
    The heroes are made for both modes. Nerfing them even slightly for HvV (which you even said should be made into TDM, which would end hiding+running targets) would drastically hurt them in GA.
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

The heroes are made for both modes. Nerfing them even slightly for HvV (which you even said should be made into TDM, which would end hiding+running targets) would drastically hurt them in GA.

No. Nerf secondary against heroes.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • unit900000
    2610 posts Member
    Never had a problem with it maybe just move out the way Lol.
  • Disagree with this thread's premise, I do
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    7xc5zl9pafgo.png

Well GA is extremely poorly designed in many aspects and WWs are straight up cheese but as stated I wanted it to do less damage to heroes only.
    She's great, but not deserving a nerf.

Just a damage reduction to heroes, not that big of a nerf.
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Never had a problem with it maybe just move out the way Lol.

It's area of effect doesn't care that people move out of the way.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Yoda is the only hero I have trouble dispatching as Iden. Mostly cuz I forget to look at my map and I don’t see him coming for me but even when I see him that prescence health is a lot to deal with.
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    Kyloren421 wrote: »
    Yoda is the only hero I have trouble dispatching as Iden. Mostly cuz I forget to look at my map and I don’t see him coming for me but even when I see him that prescence health is a lot to deal with.

I find him annoying but I can still dispatch him.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Kyloren421 wrote: »
    Yoda is the only hero I have trouble dispatching as Iden. Mostly cuz I forget to look at my map and I don’t see him coming for me but even when I see him that prescence health is a lot to deal with.

Especially because yoda can break out of stuns.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I think the rate at which it can be spammed, and the speed it charges up are too quick. Make it charge up slower, closer to how it was in 2015, and also make it available to fire less often, even with Alternative Methods. Damage wise I'd say it's ok, but that more from an infantry point of view because I don't often play heroes and hero modes.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think the rate at which it can be spammed, and the speed it charges up are too quick. Make it charge up slower, closer to how it was in 2015, and also make it available to fire less often, even with Alternative Methods. Damage wise I'd say it's ok, but that more from an infantry point of view because I don't often play heroes and hero modes.

Unless alot of the extremely poor design descions in GA are resolved
    They probably won't be.
    the damage to rebel scum, resistance goobers, and clone meat puppets should remain the same. The fire rate is also required to deal with the general issues in GA. The reason it's damage is a problem with heroes is because lightsabers can't deflect it and it's area of effect is very large.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • I actually don't think it does that much.
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    I actually don't think it does that much.

It is too much, trust me I would know.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Iden has the best chance against luke and rey. I think yoda would 100% kill her since he can block the secondary and benefits health.
    Takes at least 7 saber strikes. Spending too much time on an Iden while her troooper teammates are nearby is a good way to die in GA.
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    I think the damage is fine, my only complaint is that gun primary fire sound effect literally from Walmart.

Other than that, I'm okay with the current damage it puts out.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    Stealth862 wrote: »
    Iden is fine as is. Worried about her secondary fire then? Git gud.

It is too good, Im killing heroes too easily with it
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    Why do people think I'm complaining because I'm losing to it?

I find it is too easy to kill heroes with it and thats why it's damage to heroes should be reduced.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Midichlorian
    1403 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Edit: Was getting off-topic.
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • I disagree, Iden is in a good place imo :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    Edit: Was getting off-topic.

No, i haven't lost iden to the scavenger in ga.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why do people think I'm complaining because I'm losing to it?

I find it is too easy to kill heroes with it and thats why it's damage to heroes should be reduced.

You wanna nerf yourself? That's weird.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Iden has the best chance against luke and rey. I think yoda would 100% kill her since he can block the secondary and benefits health.
    Takes at least 7 saber strikes. Spending too much time on an Iden while her troooper teammates are nearby is a good way to die in GA.

Only takes 7 if you're luke. Less if you're rey or yoda.

He literally said in the first post that he mains iden and wants it toned down because its so easy and unblockable.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• MC_XIX
    1417 posts Member
    Nah, Iden is powerful but slow and can't take many hits. Her Secondary Fire deals 150 damage, which isn't all that great. She can deal more damage by firing her TL-50 continuously with Cooled Blaster than by relying on Secondary Fire. Don't like getting hit by it? Jump as any Jedi which will dodge the blasts. The light side has so many health buffs which negate her damage anyway.
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Nah, Iden is powerful but slow and can't take many hits. Her Secondary Fire deals 150 damage, which isn't all that great. She can deal more damage by firing her TL-50 continuously with Cooled Blaster than by relying on Secondary Fire. Don't like getting hit by it? Jump as any Jedi which will dodge the blasts. The light side has so many health buffs which negate her damage anyway.
    Agreed.

The only way you lose health is if your taking damage. Every hero can regen at least 150. But sometimes you lose a little health.

If you're just bombarded by them then you need to take another path lol
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member

How is one supposed to time a jump when there is little indication to when she is begining to charge the alternative fire? There is no indication if you are away from her and she can just shoot it from across the map. Jumping also opens you up to just getting shot by the standard fire it isn't hard hitting a floating Jedi. Not to mention that she has a stun that has a very fast cool down. I don't know about you but I have 0 issue dealing with Yoda and FInn buffs in HvV, Finn is also probably the worst hero for HvV aswell so bringing him so you might take a little less damage from an Iden isn't really and ideal option.
    Agreed.

The only way you lose health is if your taking damage. Every hero can regen at least 150. But sometimes you lose a little health.

I cannot even being to explain how extremely easy it is to run people down as Iden, even if targets aren't in the droids range anymore it will still effect them if they were in range while it was deployed.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

How is one supposed to time a jump when there is little indication to when she is begining to charge the alternative fire? There is no indication if you are away from her and she can just shoot it from across the map. Jumping also opens you up to just getting shot by the standard fire it isn't hard hitting a floating Jedi. Not to mention that she has a stun that has a very fast cool down. I don't know about you but I have 0 issue dealing with Yoda and FInn buffs in HvV, Finn is also probably the worst hero for HvV aswell so bringing him so you might take a little less damage from an Iden isn't really and ideal option.
    Agreed.

I cannot even being to explain how extremely easy it is to run people down as Iden, even if targets aren't in the droids range anymore it will still effect them if they were in range while it was deployed.

If everyone would, everyone could. But I don't see iden in the winner circle too often.

Unless in hvv. But if you use iden a lot, mine is 37 or 38, you don't use the secondary fire in hvv unless someone is getting gangbanged or is extremely weak.
  • Sniffy44
    366 posts Member
    someone needs to explain the pulse cannon use to me. ive maxxed her out and cant figure out a single time to use it
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    Sniffy44 wrote: »
    someone needs to explain the pulse cannon use to me. ive maxxed her out and cant figure out a single time to use it

It's the worst. I get kills with it from time to time but I think a fullly charged headshot is need to kill someone. And it's misses sometimes. I miss so many shots with it.
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member

Agreed.

If everyone would, everyone could. But I don't see iden in the winner circle too often.

Unless in hvv. But if you use iden a lot, mine is 37 or 38, you don't use the secondary fire in hvv unless someone is getting gangbanged or is extremely weak.

You don't use secondary in HvV because she doesn't need it she is good enough without it, it is overkill. Given that the light side saber heroes are currently garbage with the stamina system in place it is worse then before. Stun them and shoot and if they begin to block just spam secondary.

You don't use it, it being viable is very rare on few maps. Best tip is to not use it, she doesn't need it nor is it really worth using.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member

Agreed.

You don't use secondary in HvV because she doesn't need it she is good enough without it, it is overkill. Given that the light side saber heroes are currently garbage with the stamina system in place it is worse then before. Stun them and shoot and if they begin to block just spam secondary.

You don't use it, it being viable is very rare on few maps. Best tip is to not use it, she doesn't need it nor is it really worth using.

Nah. That says a lot about your stance. The heros aren't garbage. You can still go hard with them. If you think the heros are "garbage" then it makes sense why you think iden needs to be nerfed.

Bleh...
  • unit900000
    2610 posts Member

It is too good, Im killing heroes too easily with it

your killing bad players if you fight me or anyone decent you will simply get predicted and hardly ever hit me.