criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Devs, HvV Target System MUST be Eliminated

14567810Next

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Personally, I think the target system is unique. But I hate running and exploiting and camping as much as everyone else. To solve this problem, while keeping HvV unique, I would

1. Remove the hvv target system
    2. ADD a Hero Blast mode

Fixed.
    We already have 10 game modes with 2-3 more on the way. We dont need any more.

Too many modes split the playerbase and we cant have that. Especially with how the game currently is.
    Personally, I think the target system is unique. But I hate running and exploiting and camping as much as everyone else. To solve this problem, while keeping HvV unique, I would

2. ADD a Hero Blast mode

Fixed.

Too many modes split the playerbase and we cant have that. Especially with how the game currently is.

This^^. BF2 started with much less game modes for that same reason you already mentioned it.

While some new gamemodes are welcome, Dice needs to be very careful about this. They need to be as unique/different as possible to give players more reasons to play more gamemodes. As i already mentioned, Target and TDM could possibly be a little too similar to one another, so I fear there might not be able to coexist together easily.

No. While hero Blast is a very good idea, and all the complaints about the target system are valid, HvV is still a heavily played and highly successful mode. There are more matches played properly without runners and exploiters than not. Another mode with a total of eight players, even if they upped it to ten or twelve, would by no rhyme, reason, or any measure split a player base numbering in at least the hundreds of thousands. The longevity of this game lifetime will llikely be due to the smaller modes and hero gameplay. HvV isn’t going anywhere, but we should certainly have Hero Blast.

I wish I could agree with you, but at least I respect your point of view.

Ok that’s fair. I just can’t see them removing it. I have no data of course but my hunch is it’s the second biggest mode played. It’s hero centric and objective based. Exploits can be fixed. The mode concept is brilliant, but pure runners, well... there’s just no way govern gamesmanship.

Just because it is the “second biggest mode played” doesn’t mean it’s good

Nevertheless, if it’s popular and people are playing it then it stands to reason that it will remain.

People don't play HvV for the target system.

Look, I really like HvV when it’s played properly. It’s an objective based hero mode. The concept is a really good one. The problems it has have been extremely well vetted and there’s no arguing it’s perfect. I’d like Hero Blast also but I really feel like an objective based hero mode is a better design. Maybe there’s a fix, or maybe they could come up with another type of objective. I’m not going to go to bat hard for HvV and if we lost it so be it. I just think if the only small hero mode we end up with(HS aside) is just a simple death match then we’ve lost something.

Well HvV has had 3 major iterations and 2 of them have been having the objective to simply defeat the enemy heroes. Objective does sound better then deathmatch but 2 of the 3 major battlefront games with heroes had deathmatch and it worked much better. Having the objective be to simply eliminate each other has worked while objective based has failed.

I didn’t play 2015 so I will defer to your experience there. I do have a concept in mind for an alternative and when I get it in order I’ll be tagging you and some others to give it a serious and fair appraisal.

I'm intrigued.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

2. ADD a Hero Blast mode

Fixed.

2. ADD a Hero Blast mode

Fixed.

This^^. BF2 started with much less game modes for that same reason you already mentioned it.

While some new gamemodes are welcome, Dice needs to be very careful about this. They need to be as unique/different as possible to give players more reasons to play more gamemodes. As i already mentioned, Target and TDM could possibly be a little too similar to one another, so I fear there might not be able to coexist together easily.

No. While hero Blast is a very good idea, and all the complaints about the target system are valid, HvV is still a heavily played and highly successful mode. There are more matches played properly without runners and exploiters than not. Another mode with a total of eight players, even if they upped it to ten or twelve, would by no rhyme, reason, or any measure split a player base numbering in at least the hundreds of thousands. The longevity of this game lifetime will llikely be due to the smaller modes and hero gameplay. HvV isn’t going anywhere, but we should certainly have Hero Blast.

Ok that’s fair. I just can’t see them removing it. I have no data of course but my hunch is it’s the second biggest mode played. It’s hero centric and objective based. Exploits can be fixed. The mode concept is brilliant, but pure runners, well... there’s just no way govern gamesmanship.

Nevertheless, if it’s popular and people are playing it then it stands to reason that it will remain.

Look, I really like HvV when it’s played properly. It’s an objective based hero mode. The concept is a really good one. The problems it has have been extremely well vetted and there’s no arguing it’s perfect. I’d like Hero Blast also but I really feel like an objective based hero mode is a better design. Maybe there’s a fix, or maybe they could come up with another type of objective. I’m not going to go to bat hard for HvV and if we lost it so be it. I just think if the only small hero mode we end up with(HS aside) is just a simple death match then we’ve lost something.

Well HvV has had 3 major iterations and 2 of them have been having the objective to simply defeat the enemy heroes. Objective does sound better then deathmatch but 2 of the 3 major battlefront games with heroes had deathmatch and it worked much better. Having the objective be to simply eliminate each other has worked while objective based has failed.

I didn’t play 2015 so I will defer to your experience there. I do have a concept in mind for an alternative and when I get it in order I’ll be tagging you and some others to give it a serious and fair appraisal.

I'm intrigued.

I’ve decided to wait until after the update patch on the 7th. I want to take a look at the state of lightsaber combat with the new stamina tweaks and I’d like to hear from Ben about upcoming expectations first.

2. ADD a Hero Blast mode

Fixed.

2. ADD a Hero Blast mode

Fixed.

I'm intrigued.

I’ve decided to wait until after the update patch on the 7th. I want to take a look at the state of lightsaber combat with the new stamina tweaks and I’d like to hear from Ben about upcoming expectations first.

Same! Or I might just play Ewok Hunt.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
    Remove the target system.
    This message will repeat until it comes to fruition.

Do you take 5 minutes out of your day to do this, or is there like some automatic repeat button? I think it is a noble cause that you have chosen to fight for. I really want them to change the system, into something fun and enjoyable like Hero Blast/TDM.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

Do you take 5 minutes out of your day to do this, or is there like some automatic repeat button? I think it is a noble cause that you have chosen to fight for. I really want them to change the system, into something fun and enjoyable like Hero Blast/TDM.

It's part of my morning routine

wake up
    make a USAball post on facebook
    check other social medias
    look at some Janina Gavankar pictures
    then it is to the forums where making this reminder is the first thing I do. Though I almost forgot to post it once and was a bit late today

A matter like this requires dedication, which I am willing to give.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

wake up
    then it is to the forums where making this reminder is the first thing I do. Though I almost forgot to post it once and was a bit late today

Since the thread is on page two of General Discussion, I will start your routine early.

“Remove the target system.” - @Empire_TW

• Dash
    11676 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    No joke, played HVV for hours tonight with my boy Clearly, and it was fun, until Darth Maul and Boba started running. Legit hours of fun/actual game play, then that Garbo again. We logged for the night after that lol.

But man, tonight in HS we had some good matches!!! 2 man versus 2 man. I’ll be uploading the clip soon. The second match/half of the video was a 0/2 us being down, we came back and won 3 in a row for a 3/2 win! I’ll link soon as it’s up. I’m recording in 1440p UHD 60 FPS now. :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

wake up

I wake up and FAKE some Janina Gavankar pictures. Gotta work those Photoshop skills... Joking... Or am I?
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

wake up

Since the thread is on page two of General Discussion, I will start your routine early.

“Remove the target system.” - @Empire_TW

My routine is finished for today

wake up
    look at some Janina Gavankar pictures- Moved to all day
    Make reminder on forum

wake up

I wake up and FAKE some Janina Gavankar pictures. Gotta work those Photoshop skills... Joking... Or am I?

There is only one way to find out if you are joking...
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Why not having a point system ?
    10 points per target, and 2 point per other kills. At 100 points, end of the match.
    So if a target runs away, you are 4v3 so it’s fair enough to give you advantage on the running team...
  • Why not having a point system ?
    10 points per target, and 2 point per other kills. At 100 points, end of the match.
    So if a target runs away, you are 4v3 so it’s fair enough to give you advantage on the running team...

I think ten is a little too much. It will basically turn the game into a normal target system match. 5 points for the target maybe? And keep 2 points for everyone else.

• For those defending the target system.
    vlhe57qzwitq.gif
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't think it will ever happen, and if it does, it should happen after they add proper, skill based matchmaking to the game.

You think it's bad now with people quitting? All the steamrolling is ridiculous in this game, as it is, and making the other team work for it is the pretty much only way for lesser skilled players to feel like they have a way to fight back.

Remove that, and you can enjoy winning by forfeit, whole teams quitting, and lots of empty lobbies.

I've been on both sides of the fence, skill wise, and I know exactly where this road leads. Good luck with that.

Edit:

Not to mention the very real possibility of the whole mode turning into a choke point camping extravaganza, where people fight for their favorite corner, with large parts of the maps wasted.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • It would be awesome if Hero Blast were added or replaced the target system before the new heroes come.

I feel, if this were to ever happen it probably would happen after they were released tho. Hopefully not.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • You know when @F8RGE still hasn’t responded to this thread, but has others
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • XXXO77O4906
    3104 posts Member
    edited August 2018

And this thread will be ending here. It was stated on page one on what not to do to keep it going. Since day after day this spam bump fest has continued with no real discussion other then that, it shall be getting closed. Next time for another thread, if you "bump" a thread do it constructively and not with a daily exactly same spam message.

Closed.

EDIT: To note however feedback around this has been noted. It has not been ignored.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
This discussion has been closed.