criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

More extraction maps?

Do you think we will get some before the geonosis GA map?

Do you think the cw season will include a geonosis extraction map?

Is it really that hard to port over bf15 hvv and extraction maps?

Replies

• We need at least half a dozen more asap. Would love to see the rest of BF2015 Extraction maps ported over as they're great and ready to go for the mode, and we need Sullust so that'd be another win there. Needs to happen asap as the mode is the best. There's enough maps already that the devs could do it (Crait, Bespin, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Takodana and Death Star II are great examples that could already work).
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member
    I don’t see why getting the map count to 4 would be all that hard. 2 is simply not enough for any game mode.

I have heard the argument that porting maps takes away from the other projects so I don’t know how much to ask for. I would like to be reasonable and all I know is 2 maps is not enough to hold my interest.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    I don’t see why getting the map count to 4 would be all that hard. 2 is simply not enough for any game mode.

I have heard the argument that porting maps takes away from the other projects so I don’t know how much to ask for. I would like to be reasonable and all I know is 2 maps is not enough to hold my interest.

There were only 4 Extraction maps in the previous game, so there should be a minimum of double for Extraction in this game. There's enough maps already that it could happen. 8 maps in rotation would be sweet.

This game needs Sullust, so if one more map were to be ported over (for Extraction and every other mode) it needs to be a Sullust map.

And Extraction needs to be a permanent mode.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It's sad that we are simply asking for reported content because It's so hard for dice to make new content.

But yeah porting over maps should be simple. They are already done. What kind of operation is dice running that that would take away from anything. It's like they have 3 employees on this game.
  • JackTHorn
    3634 posts Member
    If we only got one ported, I'd prefer Carbon Freezing Chamber...
  • Definitely agree with wanting more maps. I have a friend who bought the game in January but I haven't been able to keep him interested in playing... until Extraction came out. He's playing every day now. Palace Garage, Sorosuub refinery and pipelines, Bespin, Crait, Death Star, Scarif, I don't care just give us more and soon (the real soon not the Dice soon)!

Please keep playing the mode even though it's only two maps. The statistics need to speak for themselves.

There were only 4 Extraction maps in the previous game, so there should be a minimum of double for Extraction in this game. There's enough maps already that it could happen. 8 maps in rotation would be sweet.

This game needs Sullust, so if one more map were to be ported over (for Extraction and every other mode) it needs to be a Sullust map.

This and exactly this.
    I'd also suggest DICE look to the use of the campaign maps for modes like Extraction as well as GA, SA, Strike, Blast and HvV. The campaign maps are already in the game and are some great looking maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    I want more maps but also am worried about more glitches happening and not being able to get ahead of them. right now we are in a massive glitch/bugstorm with this game. emperor palpatine ironically has felt the full power of DICE balancing, after literally being removed from the game for being OP. we have black screen loop upon exiting to main menu, sound cutout glitch, matchmaking issues, visual credit payout glitch, ewok hunt being shut down because storm troopers could not board the shuttle, BP multiplier glitch etc. it goes on and on. I worry about introducing new content without at least solving some of the current issues. at some point the bug list will be so massive that it will overshadow anything new. let's do a fix first that actually doesnt require another fix to solve new issues created by the fix. then we can move on to newer content

This and exactly this.
    I'd also suggest DICE look to the use of the campaign maps for modes like Extraction as well as GA, SA, Strike, Blast and HvV. The campaign maps are already in the game and are some great looking maps.

A great reason to bring over Pillio, Vardos and Sullust from the campaign.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • If it isn't EAs mismanagement and greed it's dice constant bugs and glitches. This is Star Wars. It deserves better.

I say let someone else try. As beautiful as the game looks and all the potential it has i don't see how it will ever get to where it should be with ea and dice in charge.
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

I don’t understand the logic. Why double?
  • Extraction is the best mode because there is no penalty to team for dying
  • We need at least half a dozen more asap. Would love to see the rest of BF2015 Extraction maps ported over as they're great and ready to go for the mode, and we need Sullust so that'd be another win there. Needs to happen asap as the mode is the best. There's enough maps already that the devs could do it (Crait, Bespin, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Takodana and Death Star II are great examples that could already work).

Exactly, we absolutely need more maps ASAP and the 15 maps would be perfect. It’s the best infantry mode in the game imo and for many the best overall small mode.
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member
    I think we should have 30 maps. I like the number 30.

But I am thinking about changing my favorite number to 50, so I will check back.

Why not? There's enough maps to do it, and the mode needs more maps.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Exactly, we absolutely need more maps ASAP and the 15 maps would be perfect. It’s the best infantry mode in the game imo and for many the best overall small mode.

I love it too. I don't believe every map will make it into Extraction though (would be great if it did).
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

But I am thinking about changing my favorite number to 50, so I will check back.

Do you even play Extraction?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • More maps and the game mode Should be a permanent fixture
    100 maps ;)
    Seriously they should add at least 6 more as a priority and then add more on a regular basis
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member

Do you even play Extraction?

Yes. It was my second favorite mode in the last game. But I get bored with 2 maps.
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member

Apparently porting maps isn’t quite as easy as you would think. Supposedly it takes a good bit of man hours and they say it takes away from other projects like Geonosis, bug fixes, etc.

We probably need to be reasonable about our request.

Apparently porting maps isn’t quite as easy as you would think. Supposedly it takes a good bit of man hours and they say it takes away from other projects like Geonosis, bug fixes, etc.

Lol. We are asking for existing maps to. E moved over. Can't be more reasonable than that.
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member

Lol. We are asking for existing maps to. E moved over. Can't be more reasonable than that.

I am not making it up. I wish I could link the source but it was information from the developers. Might have been from a report where dude from Battlefront Updates talked to them at EA play about it but I can’t be sure that was the source.
  • 100 maps? 50 maps? 10 maps? Whoa!

I love Extraction, but I think, with all the bugs the devs need to fix, that I would be happy with just two more maps for Extraction and those bugs to be fixed.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • For all i care
    They can stick Extraction on the ewok hunt map
    I just want some more maps to play other than the same two over and over
    I love playing Extraction but it's starting to be like Groundhog day
  • For all i care

I am starting to play more HvV than Extraction....

This is scary, with all the steamrolls happening over there...
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    there will be no more extraction maps. EA has turned their back on you. they are on this kick to make the game as unplayable as possible. we can complain all we want, but they will not turn and we'll be forced to quit the game for good. take care of yourself EA. I guess that's what your best at.
  • For all i care

I am starting to play more HvV than Extraction....

This is scary, with all the steamrolls happening over there...
    Hvv Beats extraction for steamrolls imo but haven't been on extraction tonight. Took 2 days to get a balanced match.