criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rey nerf suggestions.

-Mind trick doesn't go through blocks, I understand that you can use abilities during it but it doesn't make sense for a force push to not work on a block, yet a mind trick does. Not forgetting how annoying it is to deal with when Rey is the target.
-Insight shouldn't give you infinite stamina, mainly because it negates the stamina nerf. Her being taken off the map is already enough.
-Her base saber damage should also be nerfed a bit, it doesn't make sense for her to be more useful than Luke.
I'm basing this off entirely my experience from HVV. It's my most played mode and I think maybe these nerfs could make it a lot more fun.

Replies

• Blaster wielders can shoot through Kylo's freeze - logical?
    Back to Rey - your points are good, had hoped they would pull her out with Palp to balance the HvV...hopes dashed.
  • Devlin21
    8293 posts Member
    Yes. @lerodemmy you think thus will be enough to balance rey?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Wait until they have fixed the stamina balances and palp to see if rey really even needs to be nerfed.

Too many things need to be fixed in this game currently before nerfs are considered.
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Her abilities are broken and her character should be a Sith (anger leads to the dark side - well evidently not her - yet). Just remove her and leave Palp on vacation for another week - nerf her dash and mind trick, drop her saber dmg a smidge, shave her head and give her two black eyes then suplex her rep and send her home w/ a monkey poo sandwich - then bring her and Uncle Palp back and hopefully the game can move on...went on a bit of a tangent there, anyone got some Tylenol and rewrite Ep 8 while we're at it...reminded me of Star Trek not Star Wars.
  • Kniphtee wrote: »
    Her abilities are broken and her character should be a Sith (anger leads to the dark side - well evidently not her - yet). Just remove her and leave Palp on vacation for another week - nerf her dash and mind trick, drop her saber dmg a smidge, shave her head and give her two black eyes then suplex her rep and send her home w/ a monkey poo sandwich - then bring her and Uncle Palp back and hopefully the game can move on...went on a bit of a tangent there, anyone got some Tylenol and rewrite Ep 8 while we're at it...reminded me of Star Trek not Star Wars.

I didn't post this asking for her removal, I posted this as a recommendation for nerfs on her. She's currently pretty powerful.
  • Clone201
    3489 posts Member
    Still doubt another nerf would be accepted by the community, just saying. Already got hit around 8 times or so. Best to stand still.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Kniphtee wrote: »

I didn't post this asking for her removal, I posted this as a recommendation for nerfs on her. She's currently pretty powerful.

Was having fun as when playing as heroes we thump the dark side and when playing as the dark side it has been more of a 'struggle'. If Rey gets a nerf (hate the term in general) I will not be complaining - she kind of sucks overall.
  • Devlin21
    8293 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    Still doubt another nerf would be accepted by the community, just saying. Already got hit around 8 times or so. Best to stand still.

It would not but they will.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Kniphtee
    991 posts Member

Was having fun as when playing as heroes we thump the dark side and when playing as the dark side it has been more of a 'struggle'. If Rey gets a nerf (hate the term in general) I will not be complaining - she kind of sucks overall.

By sucks I mean she is a pain to deal with … and blah if she is gone next week, so be it and get me a wookie sandwich---i'm hungry.
  • Shes not that bad, it's her mind trick that's just flat out a guaranteed kill most of the time since it immobilizes, inverts controls, and limits your aim turn rate. They need to get rid of the aim turn rate penalty. Everything else is fine with her.
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Blaster wielders can shoot through Kylo's freeze - logical?
    Back to Rey - your points are good, had hoped they would pull her out with Palp to balance the HvV...hopes dashed.

Kylo's freeze has become an exploit.
    So long as he doesn't touch the subject of the freeze they remain frozen until the timer runs out. So all of his blaster wielding team mates can spam you until the timer is out, if not killing you, then severely tapping your health. This needs to be fixed. Any attack from anywhere should end the timer so we have a chance at self defense.

Rey's mind trick also has an exploit against aerials. When active you can't activate your rocket pack to escape. Not cool!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • If you think Rey needs a nerf. You're wrong. End of story. Good Day Sir...
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • bfloo
    13714 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Yes. @lerodemmy you think thus will be enough to balance rey?

No, these suggestions would not have any noticeable impact on REY. I think we should apply a nerf to her each week until we have confirmation that the playing field has been leveled. We will commence in the following order:
    1. Only REY is affected by MESMERIZING MIND TRICK
    2. DEVASTATING DASH STRIKE causes REY to trip and fall
    3. REY can no longer jump
    4. INCREDIBLE INSIGHT reveals only REY
    5. REY can no longer ignite her lightsaber once she has deactivated it
    6. REY's Lightsaber is replaced with a staff
    7. REY's Staff is replaced with nothing
    8. REY's Kick only kicks REY
    9. REY no longer has hands
    10. REY no longer has legs
    11. REY no longer has ears
    12. REY no longer has eyes
    13. REY no longer has a head
    If after 13 weeks we see no improvement, we will activate the Kill Switch on REY.

You forgot REY can no longer move

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I don't play Rey often but before thinking about nerfing her, consider more obvious choices. The only thing they need to fix with Rey is the damage glitch with her Damage Strike, and dial back the amount of unlimited stamina she has with Insight.

That being said,

Iden's Shock Droid need a rework - longer colldown, shorter shock duration. Her secondary fire needs and aoe nerf. Give her pulse cannon a faster charge time.

Kylo's Force Freeze - maximum duration of 2.5 seconds and all damage breaks the stun, and if no damage is inflicted in 1.5 second then stun breaks

• Devlin21
    8293 posts Member
    I don't play Rey often but before thinking about nerfing her, consider more obvious choices. The only thing they need to fix with Rey is the damage glitch with her Damage Strike, and dial back the amount of unlimited stamina she has with Insight.

That being said,

Iden's Shock Droid need a rework - longer colldown, shorter shock duration. Her secondary fire needs and aoe nerf. Give her pulse cannon a faster charge time.

Kylo's Force Freeze - maximum duration of 2.5 seconds and all damage breaks the stun, and if no damage is inflicted in 1.5 second then stun breaks

Vaders stamina needs a nerf as well then. He can block for a minute 31 seconds without focused rage active.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I don't play Rey often but before thinking about nerfing her, consider more obvious choices. The only thing they need to fix with Rey is the damage glitch with her Damage Strike, and dial back the amount of unlimited stamina she has with Insight.

That being said,

Vaders stamina needs a nerf as well then. He can block for a minute 31 seconds without focused rage active.

Agreed. I wasn't going to list every one, but yes it's ridiculously long
  • I will say that Vader's Force Choke and Kylo's Freeze should be able to stop Rey's Damaging Strike...or all charge abilities not affected by foece abilities. Yoda and Luke's strike abilities are stopped, why not Rey's?

• I will say that Vader's Force Choke and Kylo's Freeze should be able to stop Rey's Damaging Strike...or all charge abilities not affected by foece abilities. Yoda and Luke's strike abilities are stopped, why not Rey's?

They do tho, you just need to time it right.
  • Everyone in the game has some prob... am i right? Kylo ren has so little health, Vader can block for up to 1 min and still fight like a devil, Boba fett has to much jet-pack fuel, Lando and Han are too OP, and even Leia is killer (hate her flash bang grenade) see... But if DICE answers to all these "problems" than the heroes and villains will be as good as a normal trooper... And its true in real life not a battles are gonna be fair some characters should have better advantages... (better you have heard this hundreds of time in the star wars cartoons "battles aren't often fair")
    The only character that needs a Nerf it the wookie warrior they are OP @ only level 1 they can take down a death trooper, flame-trooper, and super battle droid...Its insane!
    Who is with me?
    PS. i still think you should state your mind talk bad about any character you want because your allowed to but you should still try to have fun.
    8ur7bebf8n7a.gif
  • Leave her alone, she's fine as is.
  • So far the only thing I've found that breaks Rey's mind trick is Maul's spin attack. Activate that and the code takes over, superseding Rey's mind trick. Everything else is at the mercy of the timer is seems.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • I think it’s more of a case of buffing every other hero so that they all feel like heroes, rather than nerfing them all constantly making them nearly useless
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    So far the only thing I've found that breaks Rey's mind trick is Maul's spin attack. Activate that and the code takes over, superseding Rey's mind trick. Everything else is at the mercy of the timer is seems.

All she does is reverse the joysticks. Think backwards for a few seconds. Some things you just can't block. I say leave it be.
  • JediJulius
    281 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    So far the only thing I've found that breaks Rey's mind trick is Maul's spin attack. Activate that and the code takes over, superseding Rey's mind trick. Everything else is at the mercy of the timer is seems.

All she does is reverse the joysticks. Think backwards for a few seconds. Some things you just can't block. I say leave it be.

Also, it makes turning speed extremely slow, to the point that turning around is nearly impossible for the duration. I think that could be toned down just a bit (not removed entirely) so a competent player could as you say, reverse the joysticks and still pull off some kind of defense.
  • bfloo
    13714 posts Member
    JediJulius wrote: »
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »

Also, it makes turning speed extremely slow, to the point that turning around is nearly impossible for the duration. I think that could be toned down just a bit (not removed entirely) so a competent player could as you say, reverse the joysticks and still pull off some kind of defense.

Not being able to turn is the worst part of it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• You can still jump and roll. Kylos freeze is more damaging IMO.