criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Creating your own BATTLEFRONT Immersion and Background story - BATTLEFRONT II

Prev1345
WodiQuix
4551 posts Member
Does anyone else create their own characters and stories for their favorite skins in Battlefront? I sure do! Some of you may remember a similar thread of this name back on the Battlefront 2015 boards created by @Webn8tr_ . I was very fond of that thread and loved reading the stories some of you came up with. So I present a new thread for you to tell your soldier's tale. Who are they? What's their story? That's up to you! ( @Laser921 , now's your time to shine!)

Here's my Rebel Alliance soldier I created back in 2015 that I use to this day. Please feel free to use this template or to come up with your own. Have a blast! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

YCJS0oj.png
Name: Wodi "Wishbone" Quix
Homeworld: Brentaal IV
Species: Human
Allegiance: Rebel Alliance, Resistance
Why did you become a soldier: The Empire hurts people and planets to get what it wants. And it doesn't care how or how much.
Did you have a family: I did. Antares Quix was my father and Syrin Kylini my mother. But my squad is my family now.

Biography: Born on the Core World of Brentaal, Quix became an orphan after witnessing both his parents’ deaths in a pirate attack onboard their freighter in the Mid Rim. Found drifting in his derelict vessel by a band of sympathetic smugglers, Quix was taken aboard and brought back to his homeworld, where the Galactic Empire had taken over. Sometime later, after witnessing the Empire’s sense of justice on a group of protesters in the form of poison gas and blaster fire, Quix joined up with the local resistance, but was unsatisfied with the results and the groups’ small-scale thinking. It was during this time he picked up on a larger rebellion attempting to fight the Empire. Interested, and after tuning into several secret broadcasts put out by the Rebels, Quix located and ventured to a secret Rebel cell on Dantooine, where he volunteered, becoming a soldier and later a commando assigned to Rancor Squad of the Alliance Military. During his training, Quix received his nickname “Wishbone” after banging his head on a Y-wings jet engine. After the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War, Quix would go on to serve in the New Republic military and later, the Resistance.

Replies

• WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    SOS

Save Our Sid
    u7lgti0furbe.png

Sid the Sullustan was a classic! Loved him!
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »
    So I decided the ones I created for the first thread are already known so I'm creating some new characters (and @WodiQuix tying them into the story of the Imperium War and The Unsung War)

Sounds good! Create away!
  • Laser921
    1961 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Here's a link the the edited version of the Imperium War if anyone wants to read the story @WodiQuix and I are referring to

@WodiQuix and I do not take credit for the images
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Mother of God, that's a lot of pages
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Laser921
    1961 posts Member
    At first it was just going to be a little short tale but turned into a full blown novel
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • I lack both the patience and the creativity to even put together a character, let alone a novel. Jeff approves

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Nooooiiice, I shall be back with my character
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    I lack both the patience and the creativity to even put together a character, let alone a novel. Jeff approves

Do it! A character I mean.
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »
    At first it was just going to be a little short tale but turned into a full blown novel

Yep. And to think all that came from one thread.
  • I'll try. It definitly makes the game more fun when you make up your own stories

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    I'll try. It definitly makes the game more fun when you make up your own stories

It really does.
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    And more of my characters are on the way!
  • Empire_TW
    6354 posts Member
    This is very interesting, i might make one up. I'll be sure to post it here if I do.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Laser921
    1961 posts Member
    rLFHh6S.jpg

Captain Rurin "Ajax" Merreti-Alliance

Captain Merreti hails from the Inner Rim world of Atzerri. He joined the Alliance after seeing officials of the Empire shaking down local merchants. Rising through the ranks, Merreti would grow a penchant for firearms, notably the A280 rifle and be assigned to the most hectic task forces the Alliance fielded. Serving at notable battles like the Battle of Hoth and the Battle for Kuat Drive Yards, his most notable achievement would come during the Battle Of Jakku, During the battle, his entire team was decimated when they attempted to charge a forward operating base. Merreti, however, survived and managed to hold off countless stormtroopers until reinforcement came.

Following the creation of the New Republic, Rurin would serve the New Republic Army, continuing a long career of military service. This time would see relatively no action as the New Republic focused on diplomacy rather than military action. However, when the Imperium War would break out fifteen years following the Battle Of Endor, he would again serve on the front lines and join Colonel Wodi Quix;s assault force during the Battle of Xauvis, one of the last battles of the war and finally, he would hang up his rifle only to be called back to the front once again following the Battle of Crait.
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    CT-2477- Boxer
    o92gc0hpvu9j.jpeg

Boxer was an Advanced Recon Force (ARF) trooper during the Clone War. He got his nickname after he bested a Mandolorian instructor in a boxing match. When the clone army was forced ito service at Geonosis, Boxer and his unit remained aboard a cruiser in orbit. After the battle, he and other field medics were sent planetside to assist the wounded, where he would see the horrors of war for the first time. Although he was assigned to the Coruscant Guard, his unit's first assignment was on Naboo as an advisor to local forces to prepare them for an attack by the Seperatists.

Nice! I knew you had it in you! :)
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    CT-2477- Boxer
    o92gc0hpvu9j.jpeg

Boxer was an Advanced Recon Force (ARF) trooper during the Clone War. He got his nickname after he bested a Mandolorian instructor in a boxing match. When the clone army was forced ito service at Geonosis, Boxer and his unit remained aboard a cruiser in orbit. After the battle, he and other field medics were sent planetside to assist the wounded, where he would see the horrors of war for the first time. Although he was assigned to the Coruscant Guard, his unit's first assignment was on Naboo as an advisor to local forces to prepare them for an attack by the Seperatists.

Nice! I knew you had it in you! :)

I suppose I could try some more for other factions

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • The lack of customization for certain factions, mostly the clones, makes this kind of stuff difficult. I want to look like my character. Hopefully this changes in August with clone skins

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Laser921
    1961 posts Member
    *This post ties in to the story I mentioned in a link earlier*

oQYeoul.jpg

Cade Valdarin-Grey Jedi

The secret child of two Jedi Knights, Cade was born four years before the battle of Yavin. Shortly before the theft of the Death Star plans, his parents were brutally murdered by the Sith Lord, Darth Vader, who had tracked them down to the world Bothawui. Cade, however, was saved by a Bothan friend of the family who eventually gave Cade to his maternal aunt and Chancellor of the Rebel Alliance, Mon Mothma. As a young child, he would grow a fast friendship with soldiers like Jevin Corso, Wodi Quix, Amminius Sinan, and many others, all the while growing his prodigious skills in the Force and becoming friends and creating a powerful mental bond with the only other known Jedi, Luke Skywalker. Following the tumultuous Battle of Jakku, he would discover an ancient vault beneath the ancestral Mothma home on Chandrila, finding ancient teaching his parents left for him. He would also begin a trek for lost Jedi knowledge with Luke Skywalker.

By the time of the Imperium War, fifteen years after the Battle of Endor, Cade would be nearly as powerful as Luke Skywalker and by the end of that conflict, would become a hero of the New Republic. Following the destruction of the nascent jedi order, he would go into a retreat from the galaxy, only to be contacted by his old friend, Wodi Quix, to fight an old adversary operating in Wild Space.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Thought this was an old thread bump at first, cool story.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Does anyone else create their own characters and stories for their favorite skins in Battlefront? I sure do! Some of you may remember a similar thread of this name back on the Battlefront 2015 boards created by @Webn8tr_ . I was very fond of that thread and loved reading the stories some of you came up with. So I present a new thread for you to tell your soldier's tale. Who are they? What's their story? That's up to you! ( @Laser921 , now's your time to shine!)

Here's my Rebel Alliance soldier I created back in 2015 that I use to this day. Please feel free to use this template or to come up with your own. Have a blast! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

YCJS0oj.png
    Why did you become a soldier: The Empire hurts people and planets to get what it wants. And it doesn't care how or how much.
    Did you have a family: I did. Antares Quix was my father and Syrin Kylini my mother. But my squad is my family now.

Biography: Born on the Core World of Brentaal, Quix became an orphan after witnessing both his parents’ deaths in a pirate attack onboard their freighter in the Mid Rim. Found drifting in his derelict vessel by a band of sympathetic smugglers, Quix was taken aboard and brought back to his homeworld, where the Galactic Empire had taken over. Sometime later, after witnessing the Empire’s sense of justice on a group of protesters in the form of poison gas and blaster fire, Quix joined up with the local resistance, but was unsatisfied with the results and the groups’ small-scale thinking. It was during this time he picked up on a larger rebellion attempting to fight the Empire. Interested, and after tuning into several secret broadcasts put out by the Rebels, Quix located and ventured to a secret Rebel cell on Dantooine, where he volunteered, becoming a soldier and later a commando assigned to Rancor Squad of the Alliance Military. During his training, Quix received his nickname “Wishbone” after banging his head on a Y-wings jet engine. After the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War, Quix would go on to serve in the New Republic military and later, the Resistance.

I always loved this and me make one for bf1!
    Now in battlefront 2 day one I did the something. But my characters are in the process of being converted into fantasy flight games star wars game. Not only that I still don't have the nerve to put my stuff up.
  • Alex64
    7408 posts Member
    hzc3l17reaqp.jpeg
    She's ten thousand times better than Iden
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    56ue2vbbbbb6.jpg

Name: Brendol Frederick

Stormtrooper Designation: TK-486

Homeworld: Vardos

Allegiance: Galactic Empire

Why did you become a soldier: The Empire brought prosperity to my homeworld and I will serve it and gift the same prosperity to other words, or destroy those who stand in it's way.

Did you have a family: I did, 2 half brothers, a half sister and a full sister. My father, who I had a distant relationship due to his occupation as a spice trader was my mother's second husband and she was one who picked favorites and my 2 half brothers were her favorites. I despised my full sister and my half sister also joined the Imperial military and we are close but we hardly see each other during our service in the Empire. An Imperial recruiter took me in and treated me like a son when me and my half sister ran away from home.

Biography: Born on Vardos, Brendol came from a complicated household. A distant father, a mother who picked favorites, and many siblings with only one ever treating him like family. Vardos joined the Empire and Vardos soon turned into a prosperous utopia. Along with prosperity the Empire also brought a military hungry for manpower to Vardos. At the age of 12 he and his half sister, age 13 ran away from home and were taken in by an imperial recruiter who treated them like his own family and enrolled them into the Future Imperial Leaders Military Preparatory School. After 4 years Brendol and his half sister graduated and went on to enlist into the Stormtrooper Corps. This is where he would leave his half sister due to him wanting to be a heavy weapons gunner and she wanting to be a sharpshooter. After 1 year of harsh training on Cardia he went on to serve the Empire as it spread it's rule throughout the galaxy, putting down many insurrections. Once the galactic civil war started he took great pride in winning many battles against the rebels doing what ever it takes to seize victory for the Empire.

The reason I ended it there was because I also like to think that my actions during some battles changes what happens in the war and films, didn't really want to dwell into that in a biography.

Wow that is really in depth. I have a stormtrooper bio as well, but it pales in comparison to yours!
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »

YCJS0oj.png

I always loved this and me make one for bf1!
    Now in battlefront 2 day one I did the something. But my characters are in the process of being converted into fantasy flight games star wars game. Not only that I still don't have the nerve to put my stuff up.

You can do it, @KlownShueS ! Don't worry about sounding silly.

• WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    Love the stories so far. Keep 'em up!
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    XQpEmFl.png
    Name: Amminius Sinan
    Homeworld: Dantooine
    Why did you become a soldier: I've heard lots of stories about the Empire. None of them very sunny. It's time these guys paid for what they've done to the galaxy.
    Did you have a family: My father, Tyronus Sinan, owned a local shop in Dantoo Town. My mother, Zalee Daivand, was an artist.
    Biography: Born on the remote Outer Rim planet of Dantooine, Sinan worked as a freight hand for a local spaceport, far away from Imperial rule, but not far enough to hear stories of Imperial cruelty. While loading a freighter with supplies at Dantoo Town, Sinan came across a cache of stolen supplies and a crate of BlasTech E-11s in a cargo hold, along with a group of suspicious character in a nearby docking bay, whom he followed to their destination: a secret rebel base. The rebels, upon discovering Sinan, were at first suspicious of him, but soon warmed up after Sinan explained to them that he sympathized with their cause. Impressed with his covertness and eye for detail, the rebels offered Sinan a position in their ranks, which he accepted. After his training, Sinan was placed in a section the Alliance Military, and later became part of Rancor Squad, an elite unit of commandos. During his time in the Alliance, Sinan would meet and become friends with Wodi Quix, with the two developing a strong bond and lasting friendship. When the last remnants of the Galactic Empire were defeated over Jakku, Sinan would continue to serve in the special forces of the New Republic. He would later join his friend Quix in the ranks of the Resistance. A jokester, Sinan possessed a good-humored and light personality, traits he carried with him throughout the war and beyond. Apt to cracking jokes during missions, he always was able to lighten the mood of fellow soldiers around him. He was an able combatant, with a keen eye for detail and knack for trouble. He would also prove to be stubborn.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    These are pretty awesome!

I don't do this for the characters, but I was so disappointed BF2015 didn't have a campaign mode that I created my own Campaign-story Companion website. I kept updating it as more info would come out about BF2017 so that the story would lead into "the next chapter."

It's pretty slick, with my own opening crawls to set the stage for each chapter, and you go back and forth between factions to tell the overarching story - you guys should check it out (linked to the opening page screenshot below), it's actually fun, and in my humble opinion, adds some value to the BF2015 game.

May the Force be with some of you, and long live the Empire for you others, ha!

35u9y9s1qehe.png
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    Han_Spinel wrote: »

I don't do this for the characters, but I was so disappointed BF2015 didn't have a campaign mode that I created my own Campaign-story Companion website. I kept updating it as more info would come out about BF2017 so that the story would lead into "the next chapter."

It's pretty slick, with my own opening crawls to set the stage for each chapter, and you go back and forth between factions to tell the overarching story - you guys should check it out (linked to the opening page screenshot below), it's actually fun, and in my humble opinion, adds some value to the BF2015 game.

35u9y9s1qehe.png

I gave this a look earlier before. What you've got is pretty cool, @Han_Spinel ! I'm actually going to give it a go now.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member

35u9y9s1qehe.png

I gave this a look earlier before. What you've got is pretty cool, @Han_Spinel ! I'm actually going to give it a go now.

Thanks!

Please do let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for improvement.

But overall, it just seemed like a shame there wasn’t a campaign with all the great content we got. It sucks that none of the DLC was ported for offline Skirmish or I could have added a lot more.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member

35u9y9s1qehe.png

Thanks!

Please do let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for improvement.

But overall, it just seemed like a shame there wasn’t a campaign with all the great content we got. It sucks that none of the DLC was ported for offline Skirmish or I could have added a lot more.

I know, right? I would have loved if that happened. In my opinion, the DLC of Battlefront 2015 should be made free to all players now. And Skirmish should be updated.
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I do this soooooo much, it helps me get invested in the game :)

Im gonna use screenshots from the game because idk its easier I guess :) Ill probably post only like 2 for now, and post more later.

So:

LMVqJVK.jpg

Name: Seela'ven
    Race: Twi'lek
    Affiliation: Resistance

Equipment: A280-CFE, Trip Mines, Infiltration SMG, Shock Grenades

Personality:
    Usually reserved and quiet, Seela'ven is not yet accustomed to the the reality of fighting for the Resistance, and frequently makes mistakes that more experienced soldiers would not. From the moment she joined the battle against the First Order, she has felt like an outsider and has often avoided talking to her comrades - making many of her allies consider her unusual and strange. Seela'ven is easily startled, and will stutter when flustered. She is far from dedicated to the Resistance's cause, but is determined to help Ryloth with what she sees as an inevitable First Order occupation; no matter what she has to do. Her dedication to her homeworld was admired by her Resistance superiors

History:
    Born on the planet Ryloth, Seela's childhood was spent in the underground network of caves where the Twi'leks call home. Her parents, as Rebellion soldiers, were always concerned about the future of their planet following the Empire's occupation, so trained their daughter to fight, shoot and pilot should she be required to defend Ryloth.
    When the rise of the First Order took place, Seela took note of her parents paranoia and was able to sneak off the planet in a freighters cargo hold in order to join the Resistance. She was accepted, her skill with a sniper rifle earning her a place in their ranks.
    After a short amount of time, she would be sent to Starkiller Base, Jakku and Takodana. However, while defending Maz' Castle from the First Order, she was captured and interrogated by a group of Stormtroopers who sought to know where the Resistance soldiers had fled. After a time, she relented and gave them all the information she had.
    During her captivity, she was engaged in conversation by a Stormtroopers called FN-3412, who broke First Order protocol in order to talk to her. 3412 was the only company she had during her time as a prisoner, and the two quickly developed a bond that blossomed into romantic attraction. When no other troopers were present, Seela was allowed to almost walk freely. She and 3412 spoke at length every night, until the two officially decided to start a relationship. After a week, FN-3412 helped her escape - and they shared a kiss before they parted, and both promised that they would find each other when the war was over so they could be together. Seela fears that they may meet on the battlefield one day.
    Seela is among the few survivors of the Resistance, and fought on Crait to defend the abandoned rebel base, before escaping.

jgAw9qw.jpg

Name: FN-3412
    Race: Human/Vardosian
    Affiliation: First Order

Equipment: TL-50, Impact Grenade, Barrage grenade launcher, Sentry gun.

Personality:
    FN-3412 does not take her role in the First Order particularly seriously. Unlike many stormtroopers who were fed subliminal messages while they slept, the device attributed to 3412 was broken, and it affected the cycle of behavioural and psychological conditioning that were fed to other troopers in the First Order ranks. Despite this, she still continues to serve them - namely because she has nowhere else to go, and has a number of 'friends' in her unit that she does not want to leave behind.
    3412 is not particularly emotionally mature, and has a tendency to play pranks on her colleagues - something that has resulted in disciplinary action against her on a few occasions, but has not stopped her immature nature.

History:
    Taken from her family on Vardos as a child, FN-3412 was raised and trained by the First Order and adopted into their army. She performed well in training, and excelled in the combat simulators.
    She was initially stationed on Starkiller Base, but was transferred to active combat and fought against the Resistance numerous times across the galaxy.
    When sent to Takodana, her unit captured a lone Twi'lek woman and interrogated her for information. The Resistance sniper knew nothing particularly noteworthy, but her commanding officer had plans to execute the traitorous Resistance scum. During her time stationed outside the Twi'lek's cell, she began to feel sorry for the poor woman. During her interrogations, she had given a lot of personal information and FN-3412 began to empathize with her, despite it being against her training and conditioning. They began to speak often when the other troopers in her unit were not there, and unfamiliar feelings began to stir inside her. She gave the woman a lot of freedom for a prisoner, including allowing her out of her cell whenever possible. As the day of her execution drew near, 3412 could not deny the attraction between them and broke her out of her cell, disguising it as Resistance sabotage. She and Seela kissed before parting, and FN-3412 promised her that they would be together when the war was over. She looks forward to that date, and is willing to do whatever it takes to end the First Order/Resistance war so that she will be able to live something close to an ordinary life with her new found love.

Wow @LaurenXIV , that's really nice! I love the detail you put in. Mine are detailed, but not that extensive. Looks like I'll have to fix that! Lol. Can't wait to read your other ones! :) And yeah, I'm the same way. Creating my own soldier gets me way more invested in Battlefront. It's like my own Hero-of-sorts, but a normal grunt.
  • WodiQuix
    4551 posts Member
    36484711_267538440643664_7326072892431532032_n.jpg
    Name: Annon Annix
    Stormtrooper ID: TK-4677
    Homeworld: Uyter
    Allegiance: Galactic Empire
    Why did you become a soldier: My father and uncle told me stories of the Clone Wars and what it did to those worlds and beings affected. I won't allow anything like that to happen again. The Empire is what's right for the galaxy, and I'm going to help it in any way I can.
    Did you have a family: My father, Vinis Annix, works at the Uyter Imperial Foodstuff factory, and my uncle, Vakim Annix, is a shipwright of his own yard. I never really knew my mother. She died when I was very young. Father never talked about it much, but it hurts him.

Biography: Born on the agriworld Mid Rim planet of Uyter, Annix was the nephew of well-known Imperial shipwright Vakim Annix of Annix Shipyards, an important facility in the construction of Star Destroyers. The son of a foodstuff worker, Annix dreamed of greater ambitions, his head full of Imperial glories and triumphs told to him by his uncle. When going into Central City with his father one day, Annix encountered Imperial stormtroopers for the first time. The troopers, in their gleaming white armor and impressive formations, left an impression on the young boy. After talking with his uncle, and with his uncle’s and father’s encouragement, Annix went to study at the Imperial Academy of Uyter, intent on enlisting in the Stormtrooper Corps. Throughout his time and trials at the academy, Annix trained hard, dreaming of the day he would wear the white armor of the Empire’s most loyal peacekeepers. Graduating in the top twenty percent of his class, Annix, now TK-4677, was attached to the 83rd Legion, a unit of stormtroopers known for their bravery and discipline when in combat, serving alongside his childhood friend TK-3439, who had graduated with Annix. With his superb training and equipment, Annix was determined to show the enemies of the Empire the error of their ways.

Here, @Empire_TW , this is my stormtrooper bio.
  • I haven't made any for Battlefront, but I've done a couple for the movies and one for the Old Republic era because of the massive potential of the "anything could've happened beyond what we've seen" storylines
  • Spiito
    1859 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Post edited by Spiito on
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    I log in, I kill stuff, I log out. That is my "immersion".