criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Option To Not Play Against Groups In Matchmaking.... Unless You're In A Group

Sgt_Fergus
2108 posts Member
The truth is the population is too low to ever incorporate now a ranking system, even if it was day one, ranks would be forever needing to balance. The easiest way to bring a level of balance without having to overhaul and bring some form of balance to MM is the option to avoid playing with and against groups. This way if people can start flagging away at this beautiful option and anyone against this is only against it because they want to be in groups and steam roll randoms with no skill in doing so. This way group players will more often play against groups and randoms can play with randoms. Thus making clans forced to play against other clans and stop posting about how good they are because they beat randoms in a game and actually have to face off against people their own level. This would drastically bring more balance to matchmaking and all it does is look for people that are in a group and you won't match up with them and when groups join MM, that will have to be in matches where there are other groups or randoms who don't flag the setting so this will bring more balance and less lopsided matches. All with just an easy setting matchmaking preference.

Replies

• JD25
    154 posts Member
    I don't think this would be a problem if it was not only two or three people in matchmaking going for the objectives about 90% of the time you get people that just sit on the outskirts or just snipe and don't even bother for the objective that's really the problem
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    JD25 wrote: »
    I don't think this would be a problem if it was not only two or three people in matchmaking going for the objectives about 90% of the time you get people that just sit on the outskirts or just snipe and don't even bother for the objective that's really the problem

still, we need to segregate groups away from randoms that choose not to play with them, thats just fact they ruin it with their steam roles. they can even communicate to each other while there is no communication via teams.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    The truth is the population is too low to ever incorporate now a ranking system, even if it was day one, ranks would be forever needing to balance. The easiest way to bring a level of balance without having to overhaul and bring some form of balance to MM is the option to avoid playing with and against groups. This way if people can start flagging away at this beautiful option and anyone against this is only against it because they want to be in groups and steam roll randoms with no skill in doing so. This way group players will more often play against groups and randoms can play with randoms. Thus making clans forced to play against other clans and stop posting about how good they are because they beat randoms in a game and actually have to face off against people their own level. This would drastically bring more balance to matchmaking and all it does is look for people that are in a group and you won't match up with them and when groups join MM, that will have to be in matches where there are other groups or randoms who don't flag the setting so this will bring more balance and less lopsided matches. All with just an easy setting matchmaking preference.

Completely agree I think this is a great idea. Even if I had to wait longer for a match I’d still do it as I know there would be much more enjoyment.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Completely agree I think this is a great idea. Even if I had to wait longer for a match I’d still do it as I know there would be much more enjoyment.

exactly, i dont mind waiting if it means not joining into a match were im gonna just get steam rolled and the only reason why i dont leave is because if i do i have to load all the way back out and load all the way back in and end up might end up in the same match again and possibly when quitting i get that stuck black screen. in overall time of quitting and joining i might of ended up joining a match that is more balanced with less steam role clan/group matches
  • Jem
    17 posts Member
    I agree here there should be teamchat available, or else friends playing together in a party is way OP.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Jem wrote: »
    I agree here there should be teamchat available, or else friends playing together in a party is way OP.

Exactly, when 1 team of friends in chat can go "hey there is a guy trying to flank your right" vs the other team has no communication. There are times when i wish i had the ability to make call outs. I flanked the enemy, took out 6 enemies on phase 2 of Jakku GA as Resistance and All my teammates were at the big opening hiding behind over waiting for an opportunity and I just cleared the majority and they could of flooded i and released the floodgates of hell and storm in... instead they were still siting there thinking that there were still a ton of players spamming the opening and that big push we could of had, never happened.

We need teamchat and we need options to avoid groups, unless in group. This alone would be probably easier to implement then a ranking system and still be very effective in balancing the game.
  • Zyder
    167 posts Member
    Lobbies would be more empty as they are now
  • Moojammin_10
    522 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Zyder wrote: »
    Disagree - I dnt find lobbies empty in GA at all. Always find a game one Xbox one. No trouble. If I am in with group I just keep quitting until I get in a match that’s fair. Can take 3 or 4 quits sometimes which I’d rather I didn’t have to do but I do find another match almost immediately. Lobbies would be fine
  • Zyder wrote: »

Actually, lobbies would be more empty sooner without this implementation. people get tired of being steam rolled. you think people are going to get on more often when they are getting beat up all the time or the matches are more even with randoms and not playing against steam rolling groups? Ya, exactly.
  • Well, this is pretty boring you know? If people dont wanna cooperate, they get steam roll sooner or latter - realy not depending if they are qued agains group or not. If they put some efort to playing something not only brainless camping hundereds meters from objective, well they make some good enemy team, good opposition, simple as FAK! Only Dice decide to make nonlimit group = my team play in 16 man, just rofl :-D never failed since beginning! And you know this is totaly legit, plus we have no clan tag or some other trash before or behinde the name, random friends! I know you say get your own server... tryhards. Yes we realy are tryhards. We want it, I want it since closed alpha, but you know dedicated server for private matches cost money, EA/DICE wanna only milking the money, not spending fro game improvements, that´s it. We all wanna play against real challangeing clan or party of friends, but we need do tons of steam rolls to get some new players to lobby to give us a hard time, simple.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    Well, this is pretty boring you know? If people dont wanna cooperate, they get steam roll sooner or latter - realy not depending if they are qued agains group or not. If they put some efort to playing something not only brainless camping hundereds meters from objective, well they make some good enemy team, good opposition, simple as FAK! Only Dice decide to make nonlimit group = my team play in 16 man, just rofl :-D never failed since beginning! And you know this is totaly legit, plus we have no clan tag or some other trash before or behinde the name, random friends! I know you say get your own server... tryhards. Yes we realy are tryhards. We want it, I want it since closed alpha, but you know dedicated server for private matches cost money, EA/DICE wanna only milking the money, not spending fro game improvements, that´s it. We all wanna play against real challangeing clan or party of friends, but we need do tons of steam rolls to get some new players to lobby to give us a hard time, simple.

They can't be expected to "cooperate" when they can't even communicate. stop with the lame excuses to justify steam rolling. Not going to bother to respond to the rest as you are just simply trying to justify why a group should be able to line up against randoms and get easy wins. That just means you are a garbage team if you have to play it on easy mode. Play against another group your size. Done.
  • There should be a ranking system
    Lets face it if your at the top you don't have a job and a family to support
    But we all want to get better and climb the ranks
    I believe a ranking system would create more players online
    Some to blow there own trumpet and others to show that there not walkovers
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    There should be a ranking system
    Lets face it if your at the top you don't have a job and a family to support
    But we all want to get better and climb the ranks
    I believe a ranking system would create more players online
    Some to blow there own trumpet and others to show that there not walkovers

ranking system would take longer, there isn't even one for Battlefield just regular progression ranking that Battlefront has. but we need to have communication and search options
  • Well, this is pretty boring you know? If people dont wanna cooperate, they get steam roll sooner or latter - realy not depending if they are qued agains group or not. If they put some efort to playing something not only brainless camping hundereds meters from objective, well they make some good enemy team, good opposition, simple as FAK! Only Dice decide to make nonlimit group = my team play in 16 man, just rofl :-D never failed since beginning! And you know this is totaly legit, plus we have no clan tag or some other trash before or behinde the name, random friends! I know you say get your own server... tryhards. Yes we realy are tryhards. We want it, I want it since closed alpha, but you know dedicated server for private matches cost money, EA/DICE wanna only milking the money, not spending fro game improvements, that´s it. We all wanna play against real challangeing clan or party of friends, but we need do tons of steam rolls to get some new players to lobby to give us a hard time, simple.

Actually strongly suggest you go play something else. You’re not part of the solution you’re part of the problem
    Well, this is pretty boring you know? If people dont wanna cooperate, they get steam roll sooner or latter - realy not depending if they are qued agains group or not. If they put some efort to playing something not only brainless camping hundereds meters from objective, well they make some good enemy team, good opposition, simple as FAK! Only Dice decide to make nonlimit group = my team play in 16 man, just rofl :-D never failed since beginning! And you know this is totaly legit, plus we have no clan tag or some other trash before or behinde the name, random friends! I know you say get your own server... tryhards. Yes we realy are tryhards. We want it, I want it since closed alpha, but you know dedicated server for private matches cost money, EA/DICE wanna only milking the money, not spending fro game improvements, that´s it. We all wanna play against real challangeing clan or party of friends, but we need do tons of steam rolls to get some new players to lobby to give us a hard time, simple.

They can't be expected to "cooperate" when they can't even communicate. stop with the lame excuses to justify steam rolling. Not going to bother to respond to the rest as you are just simply trying to justify why a group should be able to line up against randoms and get easy wins. That just means you are a garbage team if you have to play it on easy mode. Play against another group your size. Done.

Lol seems someone was triggerd hard :-D good!

BTW many times I played solo and enemy team gets steamrolled, if I asked there was only 2 guys in group... Wanna hear your cheap excusses now! And secondly stop crying here and ask DICE why there are no private servers to play group vs group real team vs real team! This isnt our problem, we play as friends if you have a problem... get good! Period.

P.S. Belive me, noone from my team is a garbage player :-) we are mostly tryhards a few ppl (accutaly 4 got more than 2k hours played)... Still the trigger was so funny I am ROFLING :-D

Actually strongly suggest you go play something else. You’re not part of the solution you’re part of the problem

We like SWBF2, and we will keep coming for you... Well, this isnt my or our problem, they dont wanna do private servers as I wrote here many times ask them! Spam DICE not forum :-) BTW get a team too and you solved the problem.

Plus noone can tell what I do or what I wanna do, NOONE!!!!! STEAM ROLLING WILL BE CONTINUED

BTW many times I played solo and enemy team gets steamrolled, if I asked there was only 2 guys in group... Wanna hear your cheap excusses now! And secondly stop crying here and ask DICE why there are no private servers to play group vs group real team vs real team! This isnt our problem, we play as friends if you have a problem... get good! Period.

P.S. Belive me, noone from my team is a garbage player :-) we are mostly tryhards a few ppl (accutaly 4 got more than 2k hours played)... Still the trigger was so funny I am ROFLING :-D

because you are blowing hot air and have no idea what you are talking about. groups have communication that gives far more advantage against randoms. either add in team voip or option to not play against groups. plain and simple. the only reason you like it is for easy kills which means you are scrub on your own. see how long you last solo against a full part group playing. .00002345 seconds probably will be how long you last before you rage quit but never tell anyone so you can keep playing with groups later to get easy wins.

We like SWBF2, and we will keep coming for you... Well, this isnt my or our problem, they dont wanna do private servers as I wrote here many times ask them! Spam DICE not forum :-) BTW get a team too and you solved the problem.

Plus noone can tell what I do or what I wanna do, NOONE!!!!! STEAM ROLLING WILL BE CONTINUED

so you admit you want it for easy wins here is the proof DICE^^^^

Not easy... I dont hide fact: Win is sweat, yea but thats a side effect of teamplay you know :-) victory. I play in group on discord because we talk a shiets, have fun, drink beer etc. and play your favourite game that is a problem?
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

because you are blowing hot air and have no idea what you are talking about. groups have communication that gives far more advantage against randoms. either add in team voip or option to not play against groups. plain and simple. the only reason you like it is for easy kills which means you are scrub on your own. see how long you last solo against a full part group playing. .00002345 seconds probably will be how long you last before you rage quit but never tell anyone so you can keep playing with groups later to get easy wins.

Man :-D dont worry I faild many times hard or noobish, both ways, everyone somelike starts, and the begining isnt the most pleasure part of playing any shooter games, respectivly any game you are against other ppl. I never ragequit in the middle of game cus i get rekted legitly... ragequits are triggerd if cheater appiered (one shot Hero is fullproof). Thats it. If you wanna join us add me on origin same nick as here :-p
  • 0badmonkey0
    379 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I 100% disagree with these assumptions about clans. I see a bunch of people say "you don't know what you are talking about". Are you in a clan? Nope. Are you in the clan I am in? Nope. Soooo... Ya know what, you DON'T know what you are talking about. 99% of the time no one EVER talks tactics. Period. Period. Sorry if you have an issue accepting that, but its the truth. Make up all the garbage excuses you want but that is what they are, garbage. My clan just doesn't do that. We have fun, drink beer, joke, talk about "the game", as in issues, problems, bugs etc. We don't plot how to steamroll a team. We don't plan it, and we do not "aim" to ruin anyones match. Almost every single one of us has been playing since the beginning. We have new people join all the time. We just like to play. Most of everything I have read is just total lack of knowledge. Quit blaming people because you have 40 hours in and are stuck with noobs. Not a clans fault. Quit blaming clans because there are no team logistics built into this game. No universal team commands, no voice chat. Nothing to make a TEAM GAME a.... this one is REALLY HARD TO FOLLOW... TEAM GAME. The idea of a team game is to play as a team. Play other games? Overwatch, BF3, BF4, CoDWWII, do you want me to go on and on? I will specifically single out EA games and DICE games where (before swbf2 2017) they had all or most of that functionality in the games they designed because they know it needs to be in the game. Quit blaming others. Put the blame where it belongs. EA and DICE.

Not easy... I dont hide fact: Win is sweat, yea but thats a side effect of teamplay you know :-) victory. I play in group on discord because we talk a shiets, have fun, drink beer etc. and play your favourite game that is a problem?

so you admit an advantage which needs to be fix. if players that are solo don't want to play with/against group and rather wait, they should get that option. you will then be finding yourselves playing against people in other groups therefore you would have to fight a more equal playing field.

And @0badmonkey0 you are contradicting @col_Herbst_Gille statement. you are both trying to argue to be able to play against randoms. col_Herbst_Gille admits there is an advantage and 0badmonkey0 claiming you are not. so one of you is being the BSer in here, which you are @0badmonkey0 . I have been in groups and you do play with more of an advantage. you probably don't even realize when you are playing you are making call outs. that, or you must be the most scrub clan if you are getting wrekt against randoms. communication plays a huge home field advantage as you can communicate whereas the solo players can't which statistically, if DICE were to allow that to be tested, would prove such and you would shut up about it. but you can already see that in matches where people in groups always win far more often, usually the more in the group, the more often they win. when you run LFGs you can set it to have people with mics and adults and you are already running with a better crew then the average player base per team. so you can quit the lies.
  • Dude. Nothing I said is a lie. Quit attacking me and making false statements. Please dude, friend me.. I will start playing this game again on a Friday or Saturday or (F even tonight, I took tomorrow off) and I will team with you and get you into a game with a bunch of my clan friends. You can listen till your ears bleed for all I care. The only time we talk game stuff is when someone us good and we want to ask them to join or they are really good. I NEVER said that a mic is not an advantage. As a matter of fact I said the opposite. EA and DICE should have put it in this game. Did you actually read anything I wrote or are you just trying to self fulfil? Seriously friend me. Join me anytime, in any game/game mode. AOD_BadMonkey

I may be an ash when I post on these forums but it was always with the intent to make EA and DICE the ones responsible at the end of the day. And they are. EA managed, and DICE did the horrible horrible horrible programming job.
  • I 100% disagree with these assumptions about clans. I see a bunch of people say "you don't know what you are talking about". Are you in a clan? Nope. Are you in the clan I am in? Nope. Soooo... Ya know what, you DON'T know what you are talking about. 99% of the time no one EVER talks tactics. Period. Period. Sorry if you have an issue accepting that, but its the truth. Make up all the garbage excuses you want but that is what they are, garbage. My clan just doesn't do that. We have fun, drink beer, joke, talk about "the game", as in issues, problems, bugs etc. We don't plot how to steamroll a team. We don't plan it, and we do not "aim" to ruin anyones match. Almost every single one of us has been playing since the beginning. We have new people join all the time. We just like to play. Most of everything I have read is just total lack of knowledge. Quit blaming people because you have 40 hours in and are stuck with noobs. Not a clans fault. Quit blaming clans because there are no team logistics built into this game. No universal team commands, no voice chat. Nothing to make a TEAM GAME a.... this one is REALLY HARD TO FOLLOW... TEAM GAME. The idea of a team game is to play as a team. Play other games? Overwatch, BF3, BF4, CoDWWII, do you want me to go on and on? I will specifically single out EA games and DICE games where (before swbf2 2017) they had all or most of that functionality in the games they designed because they know it needs to be in the game. Quit blaming others. Put the blame where it belongs. EA and DICE.

Come on man I never wrote this better, big bow before you :-) This is it, steam rolled player strat cry and find excusses of his trauma, but reality is just as has been written here by you!

P.S. my team has no clan tag you know pretty random names, still we dont do hard tactics as some of special forces, nope we have fun, only talking shiets etc. This isnt SWTOR team ranked :-D
  • Well this is a great thread for EA and DICE to know all they need to about the situation.

Both views and attitudes clearly on show. Up to them now as to whether they do something about it or not.

Obvious to me though.
  • I would... pay $5 a month if my Clan could have it's own dedicated servers. Even if I don't play. I would pay. 200+ people $5. Greed... come on EA... chum in the water... big chunks of yummy money chum. mmmmmmmmmm.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    Dude. Nothing I said is a lie. Quit attacking me and making false statements. Please dude, friend me.. I will start playing this game again on a Friday or Saturday or (F even tonight, I took tomorrow off) and I will team with you and get you into a game with a bunch of my clan friends. You can listen till your ears bleed for all I care. The only time we talk game stuff is when someone us good and we want to ask them to join or they are really good. I NEVER said that a mic is not an advantage. As a matter of fact I said the opposite. EA and DICE should have put it in this game. Did you actually read anything I wrote or are you just trying to self fulfil? Seriously friend me. Join me anytime, in any game/game mode. AOD_BadMonkey

I may be an ash when I post on these forums but it was always with the intent to make EA and DICE the ones responsible at the end of the day. And they are. EA managed, and DICE did the horrible horrible horrible programming job.

the whole issue would be resolved entirely if team chat was turned on by default when they add it in and if players didn't want it they could just turn it off in settings.
  • I 100% disagree with these assumptions about clans. I see a bunch of people say "you don't know what you are talking about". Are you in a clan? Nope. Are you in the clan I am in? Nope. Soooo... Ya know what, you DON'T know what you are talking about. 99% of the time no one EVER talks tactics. Period. Period. Sorry if you have an issue accepting that, but its the truth. Make up all the garbage excuses you want but that is what they are, garbage. My clan just doesn't do that. We have fun, drink beer, joke, talk about "the game", as in issues, problems, bugs etc. We don't plot how to steamroll a team. We don't plan it, and we do not "aim" to ruin anyones match. Almost every single one of us has been playing since the beginning. We have new people join all the time. We just like to play. Most of everything I have read is just total lack of knowledge. Quit blaming people because you have 40 hours in and are stuck with noobs. Not a clans fault. Quit blaming clans because there are no team logistics built into this game. No universal team commands, no voice chat. Nothing to make a TEAM GAME a.... this one is REALLY HARD TO FOLLOW... TEAM GAME. The idea of a team game is to play as a team. Play other games? Overwatch, BF3, BF4, CoDWWII, do you want me to go on and on? I will specifically single out EA games and DICE games where (before swbf2 2017) they had all or most of that functionality in the games they designed because they know it needs to be in the game. Quit blaming others. Put the blame where it belongs. EA and DICE.

Oh I really don’t think we blame the clans ... 100% not their fault they are just trying to have fun like the rest of us.

Definitely blame developers for not giving the option to not play against them - that’s all. Just a matter of choice. I have huge respect for groups and clans ... I would just rather not play in a match with them that’s all.
  • In the hero modes, I agree. In all other modes it'd be too hard to balance it out and keep the lobbies full.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Kind of like a mercenary game from cod.

Don’t think the population is large enough for that but a smarter matchmaking system that can take groups in account could be extremely beneficial.

Seems all the steamroll games I have are caused by parties.
  • Mouthrax
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I completely agree, the game is no fun for randoms when going up against a clan.

The other night I was in a lobby playing HvV and we were up against a clan playing set pieces, they were very organised and structured, and to top it off they were trolling with passive aggressive messages during game play.

The games were rollovers, 0/10 or 0/9 every round, I stayed for about 5 rounds, hoping that I would get some new players that would play tactically but no it was just game after game of a rollover.

The messages were hard not to react to too, but as we know, you react aggressively or reply using swear words and you get reported and THAT it seems is the only thing that Xbox/EA will act upon :s

I know not ALL clans will act like this BUT I have come across this kind of play quite a few times now.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    In the hero modes, I agree. In all other modes it'd be too hard to balance it out and keep the lobbies full.

well its not auto selected, you'd have to select it so there still will be randoms that will fill in the gaps of group play by the already default way.
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    I completely agree, the game is no fun for randoms when going up against a clan.

The other night I was in a lobby playing HvV and we were up against a clan playing set pieces, they were very organised and structured, and to top it off they were trolling with passive aggressive messages during game play.

The games were rollovers, 0/10 or 0/9 every round, I stayed for about 5 rounds, hoping that I would get some new players that would play tactically but no it was just game after game of a rollover.

The messages were hard not to react to too, but as we know, you react aggressively or reply using swear words and you get reported and THAT it seems is the only thing that Xbox/EA will act upon :s

I know not ALL clans will act like this BUT I have come across this kind of play quite a few times now.

^^^THIS^^^
  • Mouthrax wrote: »

Yep
  • Ashanor
    62 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Zyder wrote: »

Lobbies are only empty because of the bug that was introduced a month or so ago. It also only affects some players. (PC btw)